narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
kylemittskus wrote:Next time you get in a car, don't wear your seat belt.

and drive really, really fast and slam on the brakes

mamitasalsita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamitasalsita

i love it

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
geekfactor12 wrote:I like the idea of a camo fish, but I'm worried that it might not show up enough on the heather grey for people to get the joke. Maybe a good compromise would be to have the bottom outline be shadowed in a different, darker color?

it's a camo fish. you aren't supposed to see it.

naterobnana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naterobnana
Re: City Ciudad

Very interesting. Love the depth perception and simple colors.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: SS stands for SuperSpryte

You are either terribly ignorant, which would be sad, or terribly arrogant, which would be plainly pathetic.

BoogieUofA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BoogieUofA
Re: Tequila Party

That's is a bottle of patron!

ThornsBlood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThornsBlood

This is perfect. I'm an English major and its always fun to find new ways in which I'm geekier/cooler than my friends. I know so many people that would die for this shirt.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
brizz wrote:This isn't a parody. A parody somehow makes fun of something. This is attempting to profit from pac man.

rather pathetic actually.

I agree that this isn't parody. Is pacman in the public domain? I recall a shirt with pumpking pacman and a ghost - would that have counted as parody?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Beach's Life

I like cream shirts and I like your crab. Voted.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mikectc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikectc
Re: WAORCAIDNVUTAZMTWYCONMNDSDNEKSOK (resub)

Sorry to submit the same shirt twice but here it is. I think this version is much nicer. Got rid of some of that hand drawn nature of the old version. Vote for me and please any suggestions are welcome.

firasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion
karatefestival wrote:i feel stupid because i can't figure out what the big bad says, but i'm very much like this design. because all the lasers really *do* go pewpew!

after several minutes of staring, i realized it says centipede

eHalcyon

jenny78 wrote:This is really clever. I'd love to see it win, and would definitely buy it if it does. Unfortunately, you'd have to put an animal or a cartoon on it for it to even place. It's much too wearable to win. You should resubmit it on a heather grey shirt, and make it look like a cat, then you'd fog by morning. Good luck though. GMV.

*giggles*, thanks! I know your suggestion about the cat was a joke, but I'm very tempted to do it. But I'm actually an engineering student and I have quite a few projects due in the coming week. I spent too much time on this design anyway - I'm a Photoshop fanatic but I focus on web design, and I'm an amateur anyway (meaning I've never taken any real classes or worked professionally). I'm pretty poor with the pen tool, and I'm not the most talented artist.

I'd like to say that there are some pretty amazing designs out there though. I particularly like "Going Bananas". Cho's pi and cow are also cool, but that may be the engineer and the meat-eater in me, respectively - unless pi qualifies as meat? Does it?

naterobnana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naterobnana
Re: Fashion Capitals of the World

This is Fashion Week in St. Louis and would be perfect for everyone involved in the event. They could all order it and utilize it for next year as the designated shirt!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:
I'd like to say that there are some pretty amazing designs out there though. I particularly like "Going Bananas". Cho's pi and cow are also cool, but that may be the engineer and the meat-eater in me, respectively - unless pi qualifies as meat? Does it?

chicken pot pi?

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
1985starzi wrote:*giggles*. Cool! It doesn't look like it's doing so hot though.... ;) If I could, I would make it for you anyway!

I wish you could!! My daughter said it was so cool, she wants to be the only one to have it, though. It really is awesome and I wish it was doing better. :-(

eHalcyon

chet90si wrote:This shirt still gets my vote, but I kinda agree. I love the idea, the execution not so much. I wish it was done with a "brushed" effect instead of a Sharpie look. Oh well...

Not everyone is an Adobe Master.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Brains! Brains! Brains!

Only because it's a zombie shirt...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
Re: Alas poor Yorik

Fabulous...only Yorick is spelled with a C...

http://www.online-literature.com/shakespeare/hamlet/20/
Act Five, Scene One.

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

eHalcyon

Re: EAT BABIES!

Oh my. What does it say just under the hair? It looks like "exnin" to me.

clintercell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintercell
eHalcyon wrote:Oh my. What does it say just under the hair? It looks like "exnin" to me.

It says brain

brizz

naterobnana wrote:Extremely creative and delicate. This would be perfect for when you are showing your Sunflowers at the State or County Fair.

That is the funniest things i've ever read that wuz teh funneh

brizz

narkus wrote:this is not smurfing funny in the slightest

Godwin is loling

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
starflyre2008 wrote:SS stands for SchutzStaffel. That means very roughly "protection squad" in German.

I think she is being complimented for her hard work as a moderator.

If you think that, you are an one that smells of Elderberries

firasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion
Re: Slow And Steady Always Win

gotta love the turtles

the4bagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the4bagger

Full text:

IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO ENTERED THESE BUILDINGS, BUT DID NOT EXIT ALIVE. IN MEMORY OF THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN WHO GAVE THEIR OWN LIVES TO SAVE THE LIVES OF PEOPLE THEY DID NOT EVEN KNOW. IN MEMORY OF A GREAT
NATION’S PEOPLE WHO TRIUMPHED OVER GRIEF ON THAT DARK SEPTEMBER DAY. OUR MINDS AND HEARTS MUST NOT FORGET WHAT TOOK PLACE DURING THAT MORNING. A NEW LIGHT IS SHINING OVER AMERICA: ONE THAT SHALL NOT FADE, SHALL NOT FLICKER, AND SHALL NOT HESITATE TO CONSUME THE
DARKNESS AROUND IT. NO COUNTRY, NO TERRORIST, NO ACT OF INJUSTICE CAN HINDER OUR LIFE, OUR LIBERTY, AND OUR PURSUIT OF
HAPPINESS AS A NATION. IF ANYONE SO CONCEIVED AND SO DEDICATED MIGHT TRY TO CHALLENGE US, LET US SHOW THEM THAT WE WILL DEFEND OURSELVES TO OUR GREATEST POTENTIAL. THIS IS THE WILL OF AMERICA BROUGHT FORTH FROM THE TERRORIST ATTACKS ON SEPT. 11, 2001. UNITED WE STAND, AND IN OUR UNITY WE WILL NEVER FALL.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
tgentry wrote:Thanks 'tag. I had high hopes for this one, I'm not sure where I went wrong with it. Not enough detail, only one color? Anybody have an idea how this could be improved? I was thinking maybe "Tiger, Tiger Burning Bright" might be a good one to do with the tiger idea if I redo it. Not sure if it's worth it though.

It's possible that people are reacting to the fact that one of the original versions of this children's rhyme was "eeny meeny miny moe, catch a n****r by the toe" and can then be construed as racist.
I know you're not being racist at all--don't get me wrong! I just know the history of the rhyme since I did a paper on the whole "changes of oral tradition" theme, and people tend to shy away from anything that might be even *barely* construed as racist by the furthest possible stretch of the imagination...

BTW the colors are great, the tiger shape is great...I LOVE the Blake poem idea, though--it might be worth it!

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

glazecovered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glazecovered
Re: Quoth the Raven

This is pretty awesome. I too would have preferred for the letters to be completely jet black, but it's got my vote and my $10 anyway. =)

glazecovered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glazecovered
eHalcyon wrote:Of course, you could always interpret it as a statement concerning polygamy. ;)

Ha. That was my first interpretation, actually. But the intended interpretation is a lot more clever, and makes a lot more sense :P

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Fuzzy Logic

It's Logic. It's Fuzzy. What More Could You Want? It's Our First Submission!

drewhill83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewhill83

I think this would be significantly better if you removed "eat babies"...

The black humor is subtle, but the explanation makes it ... less good.

eHalcyon

SydneyB wrote:It's Logic. It's Fuzzy. What More Could You Want? It's Our First Submission!

I don't think this fits the theme.

Also, I think this has been done before.

eHalcyon

eHalcyon wrote:*giggles*

Slightly off topic, but - does anybody have a list of all the words that are filtered? I'm afraid of making unintended internet noises again. =P

toochaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toochaos
Re: Nevermore

very nice shirt im sad though all the shirts i always want end up being dark but i would so buy this on (even though the other raven is awsome too)

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
Re: She Loves me.... not.?

Quite happy to see this again. GMV!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
knexfreak111 wrote:Shouldn't it be while (asleep) since you get sheeps while you're sleeping.

You count sheep when you're not sleeping. sheep++ is incrementing the count.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW

PEWPEW! I LOVE IT!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: I'm Utterly Delicious

Why Blue?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

eHalcyon

klswoot wrote:Oh NO! I swear that wasn't on purpose. Owls Hoot. My daughter and I love owls. This design was done for her entertainment. The letters worked well for the overall shape. The backwards spelling of woot is entirely coincidental. There is absolutely no woot-related reference in this design even if the four letters can be found to spell out the website name. I'm sure other designs will have w-o-o and t.

I'm sure it's forgiveable.

Now I'm thinking about the phrase "too hot to hoot." Palindromes ftw!

I wonder if a palindrome submission would have done well...

duckduckgrayduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duckduckgrayduck
Re: SS stands for SuperSpryte

There is no free speech/censorship issue here. This is a t-shirt site run by a private company. If you don't like how they moderate the forum or reject entries then go start your own site. Keep your hate symbols out of here.

eHalcyon

Re: Blue Birds in Nest

I like how each bird is formed differently with the same letters, rather than just copy-and-pasted. I liked the red ones better though. Not sure why.

Excellent work either way.