snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
SamoaJoe wrote:It's extremely similar. It's a pi symbol in the form of food. The exact same concept of this shirt. If you're going to criticize melting snowmen for being the same when it's also "the same concept with different execution", then this should be criticized for the same reason.

In short, once again, JamesCHO ( notice he didn't use THECHOBOMB name after not placing last week ), took a similar concept and used different execution. People have been criticized of this before, and Cho should be no different.

Honestly, my mission is not to clean up the forums. Only the designs of the illustrious JamesCho. Everything else is fine.

So you admit you are only here to attack Cho's designs...

snarkygal

SamoaJoe wrote:It's extremely similar. It's a pi symbol in the form of food. The exact same concept of this shirt. If you're going to criticize melting snowmen for being the same when it's also "the same concept with different execution", then this should be criticized for the same reason.

In short, once again, JamesCHO ( notice he didn't use THECHOBOMB name after not placing last week ), took a similar concept and used different execution. People have been criticized of this before, and Cho should be no different.

Honestly, my mission is not to clean up the forums. Only the designs of the illustrious JamesCho. Everything else is fine.

Cho's pi shirt has a totally different execution than the pi shirt you pointed out. No reason to reject it.

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Pie Of Pi's

I wish it was just one slice... instead of the whole pie/pi... I think it would look better...

As for the previous posts: the concept is similar but that is a totally different shirt!

Sandy81676

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sandy81676
thatrobert wrote:Apple has sued for less than this. Woot will not print it. Sorry for all the work you put into it.

Ahhh, Thats ok. I thought it would be alright because I drew it and because SO MANY people use it to create desktop images, icons, etc. and they sell icons with the image. It wasnt much work at all. Actually text images take less time than full detail images for me. Thanks for letting me know so quickly, though!!! My other ideas have nothing to do with logos so I should be ok with them.

Besides, I will be turning this into a desktop image for myself so its not a complete waste! :o)

Sandy W

Emilily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Emilily
Re: Every Single Day

Ok so I forgot to add a description. I'm a noob what can I say.

The main idea is just the contrast between how someone feels about their daily life and how they feel about "you", their love.

Vote away! and lemme know any suggestions, this is my first try. I want to improve:D

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Spicy

very clean

KENPARS0NS

Re: your body is a wonderland

Sweet! And Rather Accurate!

snarkygal

Re: The legendary chicken beast!

can hardly see it against the black background

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
jaf28 wrote:This is my lolcat made from words from the Lolcat Dictionary found on the icanhascheezburger website.

I have a cheezburger for your kitty!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

2thFairy

Re: Pie Of Pi's

cherry, right? mmmmmmm.......

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
Re: I'm Utterly Delicious

Mr. Cho: Didn't you mean for the title to read Udderly even tho said bovine is sans udders? Cows are cool.

KENPARS0NS

Re: Quoth the Raven

Great work on the style... gritty and sketchy! I like it...

2thFairy

Re: Tequila Party

Apparently Mike Honcho knows how to do it proper!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Bryan818 wrote:thanks... i think

How about most clever button pushing?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Caligumby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caligumby

Send it to Apple. See what they say. They will probably like it.

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
tallworm wrote:I would definitely wear this. GMV

I suck! I've submitted 7 entries in 4 derbies and had 4 rejected. I'll go back and re-tool this. Maybe go with a t-rex or raptor. So much for creating a second design today.

At least this one didn't take 4 days to get rejected.

KENPARS0NS

Re: Blue Birds in Nest

HA! I really like the "nest"

2thFairy

KENPARS0NS

Re: Terrific

HAHAHAHAHA! Great!

2thFairy

Re: Big-Eyed Owl Says Hoot

Cute! I like the color contrast with the shirt.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
KENPARS0NS wrote:HAHAHAHAHA! Great!

not the kind of shirt a guy would get." people would be saying who is that your boyfriend"

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Caligumby

rushblume wrote:The complete text of the U.S. Declaration of Independence... forming Ben Franklin's "JOIN OR DIE" snake, representing the colonies' need to "hang together" or "hang separately."

Thanks for your vote!

This will get rejected. Text is to small. It has to be at least 1 Point.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Emilily wrote:Ok so I forgot to add a description. I'm a noob what can I say.

The main idea is just the contrast between how someone feels about their daily life and how they feel about "you", their love.

Vote away! and lemme know any suggestions, this is my first try. I want to improve:D

Wow i love the thought put in to this shirt. Hope it does well. Really like this. Great job.

Well there is always next year....

Caligumby

Caligumby wrote:This will get rejected. Text is to small. It has to be at least 1 Point.

On a side note that I forgot to mention, I love the idea though. I would buy it if the text was larger and Woot could print it.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
jamescho84 wrote:It is. No big deal, always happens.

In regards to other shirts last week that had issues of "sameness' with previous shirt designs . . . ok, my shirt "Armageddon" . . regardless of how I felt about being rejected(upset) or how others felt(happy or upset), I never felt personally attacked. So I thank everyone for that. And James didn't contribute to the argument either with an "Ovulating? My Goodness! MY shirtz!! How dare you woman!" kind of post, so seeing him personally attacked kinda vacuums.

When I saw this theme I figured there was going to be a lot of "same looking shirts". I have some ideas but none I'm excited to do since it's almost too much time for too much risk.

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
Caligumby wrote:This will get rejected. Text is to small. It has to be at least 1 Point.

You're certain it will get rejected?

The text is 4pt.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
sokowa wrote:In regards to other shirts last week that had issues of "sameness' with previous shirt designs . . . ok, my shirt "Armageddon" . . regardless of how I felt about being rejected(upset) or how others felt(happy or upset), I never felt personally attacked. So I thank everyone for that. And James didn't contribute to the argument either with an "Ovulating? My Goodness! MY shirtz!! How dare you woman!" kind of post, so seeing him personally attacked kinda vacuums.

When I saw this theme I figured there was going to be a lot of "same looking shirts". I have some ideas but none I'm excited to do since it's almost too much time for too much risk.

Sigh, gotta love those filters . . . Now I'm REALLY happy you didn't ovulate over your goodness. o.O

2thFairy

Re: The Chicken Shi*r*t

I don't quite understand the green butt.

KENPARS0NS

surflunesta wrote:I guess it IS centered when I looked at it again. Maybe a little larger and off-center

This is so funny... you see it too... last night if I moved it one tick to the left it looked to far left, if I moved it one tick right it looked to far right... drove me nuts... I think it's the slight curve that is playing that trick on our eyes...

2thFairy

Re: TextCat

Very cool!!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Beside the Golden Door

EDIT: Please check out my revised version of this shirt... there's a link in my signature image below. Thanks!

Long before I was born, my great aunt, Celia, came to America aboard a great sea vessel. Arriving in New York Harbor she was greeted by a statue more grand and more awe-inspiring than any she had seen before. This statue towered over the ship filled with future Americans, but they were not afraid. For instead of a great king on a horse, instead of a mighty warrior with a spear, this statue was of a lady. And in that lady’s hands were a torch and a tablet. Light and words, wisdom and reason.

Years later my father would come to join my aunt, coming over from a small fishing village on the Mediterranean to the largest city in the United States. He, too, got to see the lady in the harbor, and walk inside her as well. Inscribed there, to this day still, are these words:

“The New Colossus”

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

--Emma Lazarus

It is from these words that I have created my portrait, inspired by the Statue of Liberty.

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
KENPARS0NS wrote:This is so funny... you see it too... last night if I moved it one tick to the left it looked to far left, if I moved it one tick right it looked to far right... drove me nuts... I think it's the slight curve that is playing that trick on our eyes...

I think you're right. And I kind of changed my mind about the size and placement. Its fine the way it is...it has a certain kind of understated coolness....or should I say hotness...either way gmv. Well done.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
2thFairy wrote:Cute! I like the color contrast with the shirt.

Gotta Thank You guys ... especially Mihalis ... for the tshirt color. It was originally on orange, but I'm really liking the green with the brown now. Especially after I hollowed out the eyes and tummy.

Caligumby

rushblume wrote:You're certain it will get rejected?

The text is 4pt.

Not certain at all. I hope it does not get rejected and I hope I get a chance to buy it.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Less Than Three?

My first entry. =)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: CASTLE IN 5 LANGUAGES

ouch. i love the edward gorey feel to this, it's a great idea. I hope you find a way to resubmit soon. Check derekfilley's thread for the minimum print size and make sure you're lines are big enough. good luck!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Blue Birds in Nest

KENPARS0NS wrote:HA! I really like the "nest"

Thanks Narkus and Ken! I tried to get that random twig look of the nest.

KENPARS0NS

Re: Tastes Like Patriotism

Great satire!

2thFairy

Re: It Tastes Like Chicken

Does your chicken dance? I always wanted a dancing chicken like the ones at the state fair...

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
sokowa wrote:Sigh, gotta love those filters . . . Now I'm REALLY happy you didn't ovulate over your goodness. o.O

I have to say that i am upset you didnt submit something. I tend to find your stuff diffrent and creative. So maybe you can still submit something?

Well there is always next year....