+ Add a Comment

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Re: A is for Alligator

Save it for the future illustrating the alphabet derby.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: JOIN OR DIE

Fabuloso

greenbean26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenbean26
Re: Nevermore

Seriously love this, and I am not usually a fan of the grey shirts. This is definitely creative though. Got my vote for sure.

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
daedalusknight wrote:This is great... I'd buy one... but is this going to get rejected because the "Alas, Poor Yorik" part isn't in the shape of an image? You might want to remove that part and resubmit, just to be safe.

Honestly, I really don't like the shirt without the "Alas Poor Yorik" on it. As mentioned above, it looks to goth that way.

if it gets rejected for having that text on it, then I'll do my best to come up with something else... :-(

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
keyser520 wrote:Should I stick to a black background? Or try something else?

black looks goooood

Please check it out

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Every Single Day

flat tire on the weekend.. aint that the truth!! heh

2thFairy

Re: fingerprintfingerprint

way cool..

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

intaglio wrote:eeeexcellent

i love how the letters resemble the stripes on a tiger

Thanks 'tag. I had high hopes for this one, I'm not sure where I went wrong with it. Not enough detail, only one color? Anybody have an idea how this could be improved? I was thinking maybe "Tiger, Tiger Burning Bright" might be a good one to do with the tiger idea if I redo it. Not sure if it's worth it though.

CaveOppugno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaveOppugno
Re: Nevermore

Great job!
With respect to the maker of the "nevermore" shirt, I like the look of this one better. Either way, though, I'll be shelling out for another asphalt tee next week, I suspect.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: The Poet's Arsenal

What? No synechdoche? No chiasmus? I'm outraged!

Nah, just kidding. Great concept. :-)

daedalusknight

mjpupillo wrote:Each state is represented followed by the year it gained statehood.

Uhm... I like the concept, but the flag proportions are way the heck off... the blue field ought to be at least twice as wide. Can you reformat and resubmit?

2thFairy

Amach06 wrote:wow, i feel stupid. But i have to say. that is so creative. love it.

I had to look it up.. am once again feeling my age!

daedalusknight

personnemaime wrote:BEST TITLE EVER!!

Agreed. :-)

2thFairy

looks like it came right out of a child's book of letters.

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
Schrobblehead wrote:try emailing Joel if you haven't already.

Well the image is copyrighted under international copyright laws and has won a court case against the use of this image.

Though Alberto Korda had this to say about reproduction if the image:

"As a supporter of the ideals for which Che Guevara died, I am not averse to its reproduction by those who wish to propagate his memory and the cause of social justice throughout the world, but I am categorically against the exploitation of Che's image for the promotion of products such as alcohol, or for any purpose that denigrates the reputation of Che."

dirttracker39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirttracker39
SailorButterfly wrote:I'm all for the nerdy shirts, so I hope you'll consider making something new to submit.

Here's what I came up with-

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12258

Marvin16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marvin16
Re: Quoth the Raven

I voted for this. Simple shirts are better.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Graye wrote:Well the image is copyrighted under international copyright laws and has won a court case against the use of this image.

Though Alberto Korda had this to say about reproduction if the image:

"As a supporter of the ideals for which Che Guevara died, I am not averse to its reproduction by those who wish to propagate his memory and the cause of social justice throughout the world, but I am categorically against the exploitation of Che's image for the promotion of products such as alcohol, or for any purpose that denigrates the reputation of Che."

It doesn't matter if it's copyrighted. My image falls WELL under the umbrella of FAIR USE.

teknotard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teknotard
Emilily wrote:Ok so I forgot to add a description. I'm a noob what can I say.

The main idea is just the contrast between how someone feels about their daily life and how they feel about "you", their love.

Vote away! and lemme know any suggestions, this is my first try. I want to improve:D

this is brilliant, I really mean that

teknotard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teknotard
Emilily wrote:Ok so I forgot to add a description. I'm a noob what can I say.

The main idea is just the contrast between how someone feels about their daily life and how they feel about "you", their love.

Vote away! and lemme know any suggestions, this is my first try. I want to improve:D

this is brilliant, I really mean that

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Che's Victims

i am glad it was rejected. 90% of people that would see you wearing the shirt wouldnt see the names, they see his face. therefore to most everyone who sees you, you are the evil. think it out better next time.

Iambusyeating

KENPARS0NS wrote:I love that you included the whole poem...

Its not the whole poem.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

And with that, I'm on the kidG train

thewarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewarrior
Re: It Tastes Like Chicken

kudos on the excellent design and color selection!!

daedalusknight

keyser520 wrote:Honestly, I really don't like the shirt without the "Alas Poor Yorik" on it. As mentioned above, it looks to goth that way.

if it gets rejected for having that text on it, then I'll do my best to come up with something else... :-(

Maybe you could make the "Alas poor Yorik" into neck bones or something? Vertebrae?

Or another, smaller skull?

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
PemberDucky wrote:I'm so glad I'm not the only adult who does that stuff.

i second

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
daedalusknight wrote:Uhm... I like the concept, but the flag proportions are way the heck off... the blue field ought to be at least twice as wide. Can you reformat and resubmit?

working on it. thanks for the feedback.

kingcrazy360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingcrazy360

Alton Brown would love this shirt!

daedalusknight

mjpupillo wrote:working on it. thanks for the feedback.

You're welcome. :-)

jimmythebartender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmythebartender
Re: Every Single Day

Wow, this is awesome, lot of things you can take out of it, great work

2thFairy

eHalcyon wrote:Of course, you could always interpret it as a statement concerning polygamy. ;)

hahahahaha!!!

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12226]It's pronounced with the

have to vote this, just for the song. well executed though

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
Iambusyeating wrote:It doesn't matter if it's copyrighted. My image falls WELL under the umbrella of FAIR USE.

Not really. ;)

Fair use: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
Derivative: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.html

Though the "author" of this image has publicly authorized its reproduction as quoted in my above post.

screamer22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages screamer22
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12226]It's pronounced with the

- i remember.

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
Bryan818 wrote:nope from NY and im a Yankee/Met fan

Quoting Seinfeld: "thats ashame" At least your not a Red Sux fan. I didn't know it was possible for a New Yorker to like BOTH the Yanks AND the Mets

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: Less Than Three?

Clever!

Iambusyeating

Re: Che's Victims

I don't particularly feel like debating on copyright law, but this clearly is parody.

According to Stanford Law,
"A parody is a work that ridicules another, usually well-known work, by imitating it in a comic way. Judges understand that by its nature, parody demands some taking from the original work being parodied. Unlike other forms of fair use, a fairly extensive use of the original work is permitted in a parody in order to "conjure up" the original."

The purpose of my parody is to ridicule the revolutionary zeal of the original photograph by composing it entirely of the averse effects of that zeal. Whatever.

2thFairy

fablefire wrote:I think it's funny how people can't tell if he/she's being serious about rejecting Cho, or being snarky about the RG thread.

I also think a single slice of Pi Pie would have been cool, but then you couldn't really fit the 3.14~ on there... choices choices...

I like pie. I hope it's cherry.

Maybe we can combine the two entries to make delicious beefy cow pi pie. That's original and will stick it to them naysayers. Kinda like the ostriches.

oh, you DONT want a cow pi pie.. ;)

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

it's difficult for me to see the words

krapp11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapp11
Re: africa needs you!

my first derby entry, if it wins, i'm giving all the money to my friend who is trying to raise money to go back to africa for mission work. thanks for your votes!