Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
MHBoston wrote:That looks like a MissLauraB dragon. Would this be a collaboration?

I wanted it to be- but she had a sleepover, and no school Monday, so another sleepover, so I'm not sure I'll see her agian before Monday. So I just did it myself. That'll teach her, if it does well. It's in the style of Miss Laura...:^)

DarK41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarK41
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

This is too awesome :D

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
SydneyB wrote:I Love it, I love it, I love it!!

People, please vote for it! I want this shirt!!!

And before you go thinking I am a shill, I don't know the artist at all, I promise!

Great design!

*Scarlet* Ive never heard 'shill' before as a term XD <3 but...I can at least confirm I don't know your SN/you? <3 thank you so so much!

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: You want it?

i rly like this desighn it rly fits theme and i like art

ATho1100

Sachmoe64 wrote:Had too resub. I missed filling in a spot when i changed from one brown to another and I changed the knife to blue so it is easier to see... hope you all like it!

how do i vote Nevermore! i rly like this one but i just joined woot could u help me??

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
Re: Greed is a monster...

You have my vote Texas guy.

ATho1100

Re: You want it?

how do i vote Nevermore! i just joined woot??

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ATho1100 wrote:how do i vote Nevermore! i just joined woot??

you can't vote until you've bought something. That is woot's way of trying to keep people from stuffing the ballot box with fake identities.

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
Re: Binki Love

This could be my son. He will literally hoard every binki he can find and stash them around the house for later use. I won't call him greedy, but this little guy definately is...

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Greedy wishes

Voted. I have to say I consistently love your stuff, Zenne. Bravo!

VOTE!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Patchitect wrote:O M Good Gravy!!!!! Its a PENGUIN!! Run for the hills!!!

Um,, does this mean that cho does not have "half a grain of respectability"?

I'm so confused!

I think the better question would be "if cho does a penguin, how little respectability do the other penguin-drawers have?" This is easily the apex of a tired thematic element... like Jimiyo's pirate, of which woot said "Jimiyo, who is an artist talented enough to make us like pirates again. Keep in mind that you probably are not. We’re sorry, we love you, but that’s just a fact. A fact as cruel and cold as the sea itself."

Similarly, the quality of this one penguin design doesn't make penguins good. It simply makes it all the more stark how horrible the other penguins were. Wouldn't you agree?

SRMN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SRMN
Re: self portrait Nevermore!

Might've considered this had it not been on yellow >.<

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Re: Greedy Kids Pull Teeth Early

As I said in the thread, love it! I want this, and I want it bad...

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Josephus wrote:I wanted it to be- but she had a sleepover, and no school Monday, so another sleepover, so I'm not sure I'll see her agian before Monday. So I just did it myself. That'll teach her, if it does well. It's in the style of Miss Laura...:^)

Hah! That'll learn her.

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Re: Oooo Shiney!

This made me laugh! I would wear this shirt. What a great visual joke you're telling with the expression, the unbelievable pile of stuff... good job.

njroen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njroen
Re: Gimme Gimme Gimme Want Want Want

I NEED THIS SHIRT!!! ... Seriously!

***Ninja Vanish***

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
ATho1100 wrote:how do i vote Nevermore! i rly like this one but i just joined woot could u help me??

You have to have bought a tee shirt from woot in order to vote, and once you are able there will be a little "I'd want one" above each box in viewing the submissions.

Blanch1000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blanch1000
Re: MINE!

This is probably my favorite entry I've seen in any derby since joining. I really, really like it.

fender2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fender2004
Re: May I have Some more?

Brian, I for one love it! I would love if there was like an out of breath mommy penguin with the baby penguin begging for more, you know kinda piggybacking on march of the penguins. As is though, don't care about the other opinions up here, I like it lots hands down.

Dynamo418

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dynamo418
Re: You Don't Need All Those

This is so great, and so clever, if this doesn't win i want you to send me one, no price is too high! Seriously though, great design. For me, it's the subtle 'smile' that akes the shirt. Classic.

stargrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargrey

Best shirt in the Derby. Got my vote!

--
170+ w00ts, 6 or 7 Bags a la Crap (but who's counting), 100% attitude.
(This signature brought to you by the I-Don't-Wanna'-Have-A-Bunch-Of-Pics-In-My-Sig Society.)

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: Dragon's Gold

MUCH better, GMV

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
makselarts wrote:I like the atmosphere..good job!

“Fog” would have been a nice atmosphere. :-) I’m not complaining though -- I’m pretty happy just to have worked out a dragon. I’ve tried to draw dragons before, but this is the first that I liked enough to finish, even though it made for a long night. Thanks for the comment.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
2005vette wrote:MUCH better, GMV

Thanks, and thanks for the vote! Concentrating on the dragon, I guess I let the background get away from be before. I’m glad you like the fix.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Now the moon..the sun would wait til morning

I have never seen anything like this shirt. Nor does it make any sense to compare it to the cliche, aim for the moon and if you miss... This

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
Re: THE CHECKLIST

GREEDY, evil villains have been after these treasures for years! Thankfully there's one hero to stand in their way!

Thanks for your vote! Let's gear up for May 22nd!

Mondak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mondak

Very creative. Good luck - I'd buy one for what it is worth

wootrogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootrogue
Re: Dragon's Hoard

Of the several dragon designs, this one is definitely my favorite (and the only one I would actually wear).

nulli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nulli
Re: Not Enough Ice Cream

No doubt this is a future wearer of a beer hat. This would make such a great shirt

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
cyphr9 wrote:WHY ISNT THIS IN THE FOG??? ITS AMAZING!!!

It's because it was submitted about a day late, so it isn't getting the attention it deserves.

If this shirt *does* win by some miracle, will Zenne give me kudos* for the idea? ;)

*kudos = cookies.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

eHalcyon

ludwig1138 wrote:Nice design. It looks like Bill Clinton on the editorial page cartoons, tub o' butter face, beady eyes.

When I wrote this, I typed "f a t" and the software changed it to "tub o butter" that's weird.
I had to put spaces between the letters to get f a t to show up in the reply.

It's a word filter. There are many words that get filtered into other stuff, so if you notice that everyone seems to be talking about pancakes a lot, or everyone is giggling or talking about "Nevermore," know that it may just be the filter rather than some arcane woot-esque language.

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman
Iambusyeating wrote:Why can't he use this artwork. Aren't most things made by the government automatically public domain?

don't think so.
see: money designs.

eHalcyon

twincarma wrote:ok ive been confused by that and thought it would print like the jpg looks.

Well the design will be the same, but any strange pixelation ("artifacts") won't appear. jpg images are usually a little bit blurry because of compression and other technical junk. When designers submit images to the derby, all that you see are 72 dpi images for the design detail and shirt comp.

If something is going to be printed, the designer needs to send a 300 dpi image to woot (if they hadn't already) - and it would be a pdf, psd or ai file (I can't remember if others were allowed) so the quality will be much higher. If they don't get that file, even if the design had thousands of votes more than the next in line, it will get passed over. So if it's just a little bit pixelated, you don't need to worry about it.

geoffreysteinman

Loopylaura wrote:For those that don't get it...He has 3 costumes he is wearing out trick or treating to get more candy. The 2 pumpkins under the other 2 costumes have candy in them.

i'm not digging the overabundance of white...
would like this on a black shirt, though

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Rough Riding Monopoly

I fear rejection due to copyright of Uncle Pennybags' image.

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
easeandgrace wrote:This made me laugh! I would wear this shirt. What a great visual joke you're telling with the expression, the unbelievable pile of stuff... good job.

thank you so much! I'm glad you like it!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

I would so get this and wear it to the movie!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Oooo Shiney!

I really love the color, shading, and the line work... looks amazing.

geoffreysteinman

Re: Gas Hogs

not sure i understand the significance of the green and yellow...
i would have gone with red and blue drops, the color of Exxon and Mobil's signage (or are you using the BP colors here?)