micromarcie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micromarcie
brizz wrote:i love how you got the sense of glowing with the colors. really awesome job! GMV for sure!

It reminds me of an illustration from the book "The Little Prince", where he's talking about a hat, a snake, and an elephant. (I'm not saying he copied this obscure idea, btw.)

http://www.smartbitchestrashybooks.com/images/uploads/ElephantInSnake.jpg

(pardon the name of the weird website i took this from.)

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
dasmonkeyboy wrote:Seriuosly funny, clever and well done... I hope you get into the fog, totally deserving.

thanks dude! Im so glad you like it!

zeroice33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeroice33

Great shirt! and movie owns!

dsladek

makselarts wrote:

thanks!

dsladek

jpolson wrote:Love it.

thank you!

usual

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usual

NO,this guys just greedy. He eats WAY to much.

lindeedum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindeedum
bolinskyman wrote:I like this. How did you draw your design? Pencil on paper and then scanned in, tablet, or just free hand on photoshop?

I drew it w/ pencil on paper, scanned it and made lineart with photoshop.

martiedawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martiedawn
Re: Dude, look what I found (Resub)

I really like this and the fact that it is on something other than asphalt caused it to get my vote (i have waaaaayyyy too many asphalt shirts). The only thing that would dissuade me from buying it should it win is the placement, too many designers don't take into account female wooters and put the design directly where we would rather people not be looking when they are talking to us. Still a pretty great job though.

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Re: It's Okay To Have One.

Not bad at all for your first entry, personally I like this more than the monkey one currently in the fog. however, I wish it was a different subject. It doesnt feel original now that the other monkey one has been on here for so long. I would just warn you to be careful of being tagged a copier. Even if you came up with this without seeing the other one it still loses some charm. Post sooner to avoid it good luck!

lindeedum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindeedum
Re: It's Okay To Have One.

Is it possible to edit the design? ?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
lindeedum wrote:Is it possible to edit the design? ?

only by resubmitting it. and losing all your votes. sorry. THough, within the first 24 hrs, you can delete your entry, and then resubmit it without anyone really caring or realizing its a resubmission. Since it hasn't been up but a few minutes, its better to do it sooner rather than later, so you don't lose too many votes.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: You thought foreclosure was bad (Resub)

Okay I've been gone all weekend and haven't finished catching up on the forums but I'm curious what makes this entry different from the original. As in what will keep it from being rejected? The chopper looks the same to me (mind you I didn't look too long and hard).

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

snaprstv711

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snaprstv711
mjpupillo wrote:this should be getting way more votes. great work! gmv.

i tried to get the shirt you designed for the spring time derby with the hand in the ground, but i waited too long. This design is really cool, and i feel sure it will win this time around too. Maybe i can get my hands on it.

sevenseas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenseas
Re: You Can't Eat Just One

I wanted to do a cute monster for woot, but this guy overpowered me and forced me to enter him. Poor monster already has his bag full but still wants more. In his greed he doesn't realize that a great escape is happening!

Kuiosikle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kuiosikle
NonDescript wrote:this is really good. its a shame it was submitted so late, it wont get the votes it deserves.

Yeah, JRWorkshop is lazy and never gets his submissions in early :P

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: You Can't Eat Just One

I like it, but the nips are freaking me out :O

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: There Will be Greed

Thanks guys, the movie does own. I didn't realize I made this shirt cute in any way, but I guess I can't escape it. Cute is in my blood.

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman
Re: Mine, Mine, Mine...

Where do you guys get the alternative shirt used for shirt compositions? I can't seem to find the one that people (like you) use. Help me out a little.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

KENPARS0NS wrote:Really... then I may have to remove it early from this derby if it isn't doing well by the end of today so that I can print it on my site (for sale immediately)... I have 24 hours before the 60 day waiting period kicks in so we'll see tomorrow by Noon how this is doing... Top ten or bust?

You have 24 hours to remove it after submitting but as soon as you post it on woot you enter a contract (remember that check box you clicked?) and they own it for 60 days. No exceptions.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
martiedawn wrote:I really like this and the fact that it is on something other than asphalt caused it to get my vote (i have waaaaayyyy too many asphalt shirts). The only thing that would dissuade me from buying it should it win is the placement, too many designers don't take into account female wooters and put the design directly where we would rather people not be looking when they are talking to us. Still a pretty great job though.

Thats true, I didnt take that into account... I was trying to think where I would like it best if I had this as a shirt. Im sorry, I will consider that with my designs from now on. Thanks for pointing that out.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
bolinskyman wrote:Where do you guys get the alternative shirt used for shirt compositions? I can't seem to find the one that people (like you) use. Help me out a little.

I think this is the one they use.

skaght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
snaprstv711 wrote:i tried to get the shirt you designed for the spring time derby with the hand in the ground, but i waited too long. This design is really cool, and i feel sure it will win this time around too. Maybe i can get my hands on it.

Glad you're so confident. Wish I was. You can still get the Zombie Garden shirt
here.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: No Bananas For You

Personally, I think this falls in with the Nessie shirt and others of its kind. The artistry isn't amazing (which is ok), it fits the theme pretty much but not precisely, the creativity level isn't stellar, but more importantly, it looks like a shirt for kids. I really can't see an adult wearing this shirt, male or female. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, and congrats for the votes. I am just perplexed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

stephaniewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephaniewoot
Re: Love of Money

I am HOPING this wins, I'll be in for 1.
This is by far the best shirt in this derby!
Good luck :]

kylemittskus

Re: Love of Money

His leg looks HUGE! Congrats on the fog but I'm going for the conquistador.

kylemittskus

Re: MINE!

Here I am again, punching my Tgentry frequent voter card. And I am STILL lamenting the loss of the miner shirt. This one and the conquistador makes two shirts for me this week. That is of course, if they both win and those damned monkeys say die.

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
kimster13 wrote:Where did u get the idea for this???

i just spent some time thinking about greed. i figured a lot of people would go the money route or the "as greedy as a pig" route, so i tried to think of something else. how do you show greed without text? i figured someone has a bunch of stuff and isn't sharing, someone has nothing. monkeys and bananas came to mind first. voila.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
Re: Greedy wishes

I'd like this framed on my wall. Just beautiful.

longhorn22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longhorn22
Re: The Moons of Saturn

This isn't "off topic." It might not be the greatest design, but off topic is a dumb reason to reject this design.

longhorn22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longhorn22
mjpupillo wrote:Gotta love a WIlly Wonka reference. Nice job with the design. gmv

Only good design in this derby. Great job!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kylemittskus wrote:Personally, I think this falls in with the Nessie shirt and others of its kind. The artistry isn't amazing (which is ok), it fits the theme pretty much but not precisely, the creativity level isn't stellar, but more importantly, it looks like a shirt for kids. I really can't see an adult wearing this shirt, male or female. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, and congrats for the votes. I am just perplexed.

I'm turning 20 this year and I bought Nessie. I would definitely wear this if someone gave it to me, though I don't really want to pay $15 for it (I live in Canada, so I have to pay an extra $5 for shipping). It probably really depends on how secure you are with your maturity and your masculinity (if you are a guy - which I am).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Baby Gots to Get Paid

Aw, man... I really worked hard on this, expected more votes...

mstellick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstellick
Re: the Ultimate Greed

Guess I'm not surprised to see the comments deleted. This author appears to be a Kool-Aid aficionado, the clip art says enough.

ScubaStacey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScubaStacey
Re: (Sel)fish RESUB 2

Ovulating? My Goodness! what happened to the first one?! That one was cuter. Deff save that for another derby. This is does look more "greedy."
Give ya props.
Have a happy sunday =)

ScubaStacey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScubaStacey

Uh, the first part of my comment, the ovulating part, was not suppose to be there, I put the abbreviation for "Oh My Goodness" and it came up as that...WEIRD!!??!

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Peek-a-I kn haz sadness??

i don't get it...why was this rejected? it's greed....the snake already ate an elephant, and still wants to eat the mouse, though obviously he doesn't need it.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
Re: DANGER! cupcake

I love the execution of this but I'm afraid it might not be showing greed but indulgence.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman
Josephus wrote:I think this is the one they use.

Thanks so so much.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Dragon's Hoard

Yay 100 votes! Thanks to everyone who voted! ^_^