AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Mine! Not yours!

Best dragon yet!

*edit* this might be ok since you clearly show intended placement but be aware they've rejected designs in the past for not being on a "proper" shirt template.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Copo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Copo
Amach06 wrote:Great shirt and concept. Love your style, always something that i would wear.

Yeah, all three of your shirts are really well designed. I like the style.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: Blinded

This depicts the Greek myth of Icarus, who was overcome with the sublime feeling of flight during his escape from Crete and flew too close to the sun despite his father's warnings, which melted the wax in his wings and caused him to fall to his death. I see greed as desiring something too much (be it material watch or simply a feeling), just as Icarus was blinded by his own greed to fly higher into the sun.

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
Re: Not Enough Ice Cream

Got my vote! I love this

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
AttilaTheMom wrote:Best dragon yet!

*edit* this might be ok since you clearly show intended placement but be aware they've rejected designs in the past for not being on a "proper" shirt template.

Again, I'm really new at this. Any tips would be appreciated. Where, for instance, do I find a proper shirt template. I couldn't find one from the submission form.

racinreaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racinreaver
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

If this goes on shirt.woot it'll be the first shirt I buy off of there after checking daily for three months now.

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
DirtiusMaximus wrote:Again, I'm really new at this. Any tips would be appreciated. Where, for instance, do I find a proper shirt template. I couldn't find one from the submission form.

Hey guy. You can download the template I use - here
For the shirt comp, you can arrange it so you have the design bigger in front, then having how its placed on the shirt - smaller in the back. Hope that helps.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
squidboots wrote:This depicts the Greek myth of Icarus, who was overcome with the sublime feeling of flight during his escape from Crete and flew too close to the sun despite his father's warnings, which melted the wax in his wings and caused him to fall to his death. I greed as desiring something too much (be it material watch or simply a feeling), just as Icarus was blinded by his own greed to fly higher into the sun.

Brilliant. Get it? Brilliant? Like the sun?

Seriously though, I didn't even think of this. Well done, GMV. But you might want to give him the ancient Greek equivalent of pants and resub - woot may or may not consider this inappropriate, as artistic as it is.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

bluchez wrote:I was bored, didn't feel like entering, but thought I would throw my dog in the ring for fun.

So photoshop filter... but is this purely a photograph, or did you chop the bone in? Please tell me your dog doesn't actually have a bone that big. If it does, what kind of bone is it? XP

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
DirtiusMaximus wrote:Again, I'm really new at this. Any tips would be appreciated. Where, for instance, do I find a proper shirt template. I couldn't find one from the submission form.

Woot provides official templates on the Submit a Derby Entry page where you submitted your design.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: MINE!

Still in the fog! And yet I have the sinking sensation that it won't last. tub o' butter kings just can't go the long haul against cute pigs, monkeys, and penguins. It's been proven time and time again. But I hold out hope.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
eHalcyon wrote:Brilliant. Get it? Brilliant? Like the sun?

Seriously though, I didn't even think of this. Well done, GMV. But you might want to give him the ancient Greek equivalent of pants and resub - woot may or may not consider this inappropriate, as artistic as it is.

Thanks for your kind words :D

Well...I'll work on the "Greek pants" *giggles*. I really don't see how this is any worse than the Led Zeppelin "Swan Song" graphic that I see kids running around wearing nowadays, but we'll see!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
CAMMS wrote:Cute, reminds me of my son... and my daughter. I always enjoy your entries.

Thanks CAMMS, I appreciate the compliment. I really wish he was doing better in the competition.

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej

eHalcyon

squidboots wrote:Thanks for your kind words :D

Well...I'll work on it the "Greek pants" *giggles*. I really don't see how this is any worse than the Led Zeppelin "Swan Song" graphic that I see kids running around wearing nowadays, but we'll see!

I don't know about that shirt, but I'm guessing woot didn't print it! =P

Your design might be safe enough. It's hard to say.

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
eHalcyon wrote:It's because it was submitted about a day late, so it isn't getting the attention it deserves.

If this shirt *does* win by some miracle, will Zenne give me kudos* for the idea? ;)

*kudos = cookies.

I would send you many cookies in the mail if this won. XD

alexspivey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexspivey
Re: Big BONE

i really want to see a t-rex skeleton in the back missing a leg bone.
that would be nice.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Aberrantic wrote:Damn Spryte, this is intense! Great work

Thanks! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Re: Mine! Not yours! (resub)

much better, very well done

crazyunclejezzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyunclejezzy

You GMV! I really like the design you used. Very original. I hope this one wins, because it is the only shirt I would reeaaalllyy wear. I really like stars.

RaspberryCreme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaspberryCreme
Re: I took it with me now I'm gonna spend it

Nice way of conveying the message! =D

gcoghill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcoghill

Great design!

northcutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages northcutt

Ah, Planet Greed. Where deforestation plagues... forests and people poop really sharp rocks... or something. This is my first submission to shirt.woot and so, hello all. I've already purchased 3 shirts and I figured I needed to give the shirt-making game a try. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks, guys!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
mia3mom wrote:cute! definitely one of the shirts I'd wear in this derby.

Thanks very much =3 Your seagull is very cute, too =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Patchitect wrote:Yay Rodents!

Yay! =D Do you have an entry this week? I've been too busy to look at the entries. =/

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
Re: Dragon's Hoard

I am going to be SO disappointed if this does make it into the fog. I've been waiting for a good red woot shirt since I got here.

Amazing detail, *mashes the I'd want one button with the might of Zeus' fist*

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Greedy wishes

This is nice, but if printed, I think it would be another thick print like the Lady from the water Derby (which I bought btw).

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

KENPARS0NS wrote:Thanks for reconfirming...

This will be available for sale at uniquelyparsons.com only after the 60 days are up...

I think the insta-contract is so people don't test their designs here before taking them down and selling them elsewhere. It also prevents free advertising courtesy of woot. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
eHalcyon wrote:So photoshop filter... but is this purely a photograph, or did you chop the bone in? Please tell me your dog doesn't actually have a bone that big. If it does, what kind of bone is it? XP

purely photograph:

CherrieGirl31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CherrieGirl31
longhorn22 wrote:Not amused.

areed

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
Raining wrote:You have my vote Texas guy.

Thanks Texas gal!

trumptipk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trumptipk

Man, wow, you totally get the oil industry. We don't even drill a well anymore unless we get at LEAST the same amount of blood out of it as oil.

Emilily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Emilily
trippregan wrote:Wow, screwed from the get-go for not having a dirty/vulgar mind... guess I should have seen this one heading down the line. vacuums though.

Vacuums! Funny Woot!

maybe if it were touching something that was turning gold. The idea is great and the execution is awesome.. but I can see how right now the design would be confusing if I were wearing it in public without the context of a "greed theme"

best luck to ya.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter

Wow! Nice one! GMV.

VOTE!

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

not a fan of white t's only cause of those fellow perverted fire men i deal with daily..Gray or some other color then yea id get it nice design though!

trumptipk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trumptipk
Re: petroleum jelly

Awesome design, even if this doesn't win (which I hope it does) I would pay for this shirt.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cleverconveyence wrote:I am going to be SO disappointed if this does make it into the fog. I've been waiting for a good red woot shirt since I got here.

Amazing detail, *mashes the I'd want one button with the might of Zeus' fist*

Thanks! I'm flattered! ^_^

PS - It's on cranberry, if that makes a difference. ^_~

Spotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spotnik

I love the artwork on this shirt! GMV!

LactatingNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LactatingNinja
Re: Fool's Paradise

This is terrifying. I'm voting for it, but it's creepy as heck.

broflovski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broflovski

great idea! like how the details aren't too elaborate and not so cartoonish. got my vote and my $10!