geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman
squidboots wrote:I'm having a really hard time understanding the concept of this shirt

bad idea, but beautiful execution-
i wouldn't buy this, but if you make other shirts with a similar artistic design, i'd vote for it

geoffreysteinman

njbell wrote:kinda phallic.

*giggles*, thought the same thing

jmthrower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmthrower
Re: All In

The other two guys have folded, and if you want to stay in you have to put out some serious dough to meet the raise. You could win everything or end up walking home like the guy next to you... so whatcha gonna do?

geoffreysteinman

gmv...
the other shirts in this comp are just crudely done, or have a hard-to-understand concept.

bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman
Re: Gimme Gimme Gimme Want Want Want

This shirt is so totally me, the only thing i lack is a PSP

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear

Nice.

TheRemy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheRemy
Shigwarm wrote:Ain't that the truth! The national average is now $3.30 a gallon!
Great design.

It's hit $4 a gallon where I live! D:

vinnifred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vinnifred
Re: Mine! Not yours! (resub)

Dragon shirts havent been around since 2000, the revival is nigh

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
bluchez wrote:purely photograph:

However, please don't let me fool you. This took a great deal of effort. See, it was back on Thursday at noon where the idea occurred to me. What is the perfect image of greed... Why not give a very large bone to my dog and create a realistic shirt design out of the photograph. This, you might see as an easy task. A near moron can hit a filter button in photoshop, but it was creating the source photograph that took some maneuvering.

You see, I went to the pet store to buy the perfect bone. I purchased the largest bone available. But to my dismay when I returned home, my dog (Balthazar) was simply too large to get the desired proportions with the purchased bone. The vision in my head just couldn't be met with the current bone and dog, so I had to come up with a solution, and fast (the derby would start in under 24 hours).

So, I did the only logical thing. I began development on a time machine that would take me back in time to December of 2004, when I calculated that the bone to dog ratio would be absolutely perfect for the ultimate shirt. This took a great deal of effort, mind you, so it wasn't until early Sunday evening that I had a working prototype. I tested the machine a few times using various woot purchases that I have made over time that I have no use for any longer (not that I ever remember using them), and everything seemed to go well. I quickly transported me and the bone back in time, set up the lighting, positioning, and created the photograph you see above.

Now, after returning to the present, I loaded the photograph into my computer, pressed the photoshop filter button, and have created the tshirt for you, the voter, as envisioned in my mind. I know the artists don't ususally go into much detail as far as the work that goes into their designs, but try to never underestimate the efforts that go on behind the scenes.

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
Re: Feast

Might wanna save that for the deadly sin "gluttony"

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Mine! Not yours! (resub)

Another dragon! Lots of us had this idea apparently.

Good job on the monochromatic design. You're going to hear it a lot about the white shirt, if you didn't already notice. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Nevermore!!
This caught me by surprise

Too bad it is the wrong time of year for people to want Holiday images on their shirts. I think this will be the biggest downfall, if this design does not win. Hang on to the design, and see if it fits a theme next Nov / Dec :D

GMV

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

(Hmm, how did that "Nevermore" get tacked onto my post??)

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
bigbadblackman wrote:This shirt is so totally me, the only thing i lack is a PSP

Do you rhyme, all the time?

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
SydneyB wrote:(Hmm, how did that "Nevermore" get tacked onto my post??)

the Woot filter for L O L is nevermore lately. Woot filters are getting more and more ridiculous.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
snarkygal wrote:the Woot filter for L O L is nevermore lately. Woot filters are getting more and more ridiculous.

Nevermore! (hint, another filter to Nevermore! I believe the message being given is clear.)

phinxae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phinxae
Re: DANGER! cupcake

I LOVE THIS! I wish I'd wooted before so I could vote! I find this VERY wearable, although I am also female.

But really, who wouldn't be comfortable professing their love for (and complicated relationship with) cupcakes?

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
sparklzk27 wrote:great job, this is hilarious!

thanks!

dsladek

awesomepossum wrote:hilarious! my favorite by far for this derby!

thanks a bunch! your very kind!

ookem208

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ookem208

i really like this shirt. hope it wins.

Re: petroleum jelly

dsladek

broflovski wrote:great idea! like how the details aren't too elaborate and not so cartoonish. got my vote and my $10!

thanks man!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Oil Kings

love the graphic, hate the splatters. without them it would be an insta-vote, but plastering tired overused paint splatters behind it just ruins it. I really wish people would stop doing that...

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: King of the Carrots

This really shows what vegetarians are like. This is what happens when you don't get enough meat!

Just kidding. =P

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

soyokazefuhen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soyokazefuhen
eHalcyon wrote:This really shows what vegetarians are like. This is what happens when you don't get enough meat!

Just kidding. =P

What if you don't eat dairy???

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
soyokazefuhen wrote:What if you don't eat dairy???

what if you don't eat.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
TAYLORT5 wrote:what if you don't eat.

I eat souls. Mmm... souls...

Zeratar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zeratar

First good entry I've seen that addressed the issue of greed destroying our planet. Nice job.

Zeratar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zeratar

Nice entry. I like the theme!

lilozors

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilozors
Re: Gaia Grecko

wat

NickCatal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NickCatal
Re: The World Is Mine (Resub x2)

Nice, but somehow I have a feeling it is going to be considered too complicated again

lilozors

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilozors
Re: Now the moon..the sun would wait til morning

GMV - I really like this concept! Hope it wins.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
martiedawn wrote:The only thing that would dissuade me from buying it should it win is the placement, too many designers don't take into account female wooters and put the design directly where we would rather people not be looking when they are talking to us.

Get over it.. if you have a chest worth looking at, it's not going to matter what you are wearing.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts

darkbladearts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkbladearts
Re: All In

Is that Death?

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: King of the Carrots

Well, that's no ordinary rabbit... That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!... Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!... He's got huge, sharp... er... He can leap about. Look at the bones!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: I took it with me now I'm gonna spend it

uh, what is that white square under the skull?

and why does the upper arm on the viewer's right have 2 bones?
-humans only have one humerus on each side, not two...

lcopeland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lcopeland

love it!

kimbo3311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimbo3311
Re: Shell Competition

Great design... nice color! I love green

JDFive0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDFive0
Re: Oooo Shiney!

Im only voting once this derby, and this is BY FAR the best. Great illustration with awsome detail....GMV!!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: I, ME, MINE !

How does puke translate to greed?