Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
jamescho84 wrote:for gods sake zenne, stay in the fog :] gmv

You knocked me out of it, you damned penguin!

EDIT: You must be a good luck charm...for now. ;D

molerner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages molerner
Re: DANGER! cupcake

I REALLY REALLY like the shirt and design (whatstheirname was right, the colors are awesome!), but this is more for gluttony, not greed.

molerner

bumpass wrote:Wouldn't this be more fitting for "gluttony" and not "greed"

sventyfour wrote:gluttony and greed... pretty interrelated, plus they both start with the letter g.

I agree with bum-pass on this one. I mean, gluttony and greed have their own sins specified, so the difference can't be considered negligible when deciding on/off topic.

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: Oooo Shiney!

how do i vote for t-shirts i really need help can someone help me!!!!!

molerner

mjc613 wrote:I think this shirt is more about saving the environment than about greed.

Agreed. Selfishness, definitely. Greed? Not so much. Unless you work in the concept of someone collecting greenhouse gases or something--but that's just weird. You're so weird!

arch3type

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arch3type
Re: So Hungry/Greedy He Could Eat A Horse?

This is perfect. The perfect analogy for your average, tub o' butter, gluttonous American. I hope this one wins, I hate having to wait to buy cool woot shirts.

I hope the future of health care is my pants are too tight! robot nurses.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
molerner wrote:I agree with bum-pass on this one. I mean, gluttony and greed have their own sins specified, so the difference can't be considered negligible when deciding on/off topic.

I'd suggest that the definition of greed probably will include gluttony (i.e., greed for food).

molerner

Re: The Tycoon of ICE

I wish the color wasn't baby blue. I'll probably buy it anyways.

skaght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
peanutpie wrote:E-gads, how did your submission get past me, Skaght! Solid gold again. :D

Solid gold. HIlarious!

nutsAndVolts2252

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutsAndVolts2252
kylemittskus wrote:I love this shirt but please please please change the color and resub.

the reason its blue to show that the setting is during the night

fatcatmikez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatcatmikez
Re: Piggy bank hunting

It's a good design, but I believe there may be too many colors. If you did a more animated version of it, it would be great!

thewarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewarrior
Re: Greedy Conquistador

Top notch design, i love the skeleton!!

thewarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewarrior
Re: Love of Money

excellent color selection! good luck

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
ATho1100 wrote:how do i vote for t-shirts i really need help can someone help me!!!!!

Seriously?

At the top left of the big picture, there is a button that says I'd want one. Click it.

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: Piggy bank hunting

thanks lol, i no im not going to win lol but i want to get into desighning t-shirts

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: There can be only one

I would totally wear this. Ridiculous and awesome.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ejseader wrote:And I got over 60 votes before you rejected it, so at least there are some people who believe in Free Speech...

I don't think this has anything to do with free speech so much as what is appropriate according to the forum rules.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

MissLauraB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissLauraB
Josephus wrote:I wanted it to be- but she had a sleepover, and no school Monday, so another sleepover, so I'm not sure I'll see her agian before Monday. So I just did it myself. That'll teach her, if it does well. It's in the style of Miss Laura...:^)

Nya to you. Besides, my dragons' heads are slimmer and longer, and theres a curve on the snout. Plus the neck is different.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

bluchez wrote:FWIW, I think this rejection just illustrates the fact that people should be more up front with their non-original sources. I felt it was pretty obvious that the older shirt used a clip art monkey (but never felt like embracing the flood of negative responses that I would receive had I mentioned it), and after seeing this entry immediately assumed that it was using the same clip art, and not that it was a copy. I could of course be wrong here, but I think this seems more logical then that one was traced from the other. However, since the artists of both entries failed to mention that they were using clip art and indicated their legal rights to use the images, this entry got the axe. (If I am wrong and this was traced from the previous entry, then sorry or the rant, but shame on you.)

The lack of disclosure actually prevents my votes, at times. Specifically, in this derby, I would love to see some of the dragon sources that were used. There are a couple of high ranking dragon entries that I would only vote for if I knew how much original work was involved. Nothing against the artists, but I've just seen too much copied, traced, or unoriginal work to vote for things that look too detailed without confirmation of what is original.

Blu, you mentioned sources for the dragons. Mine in particular has none. Dragons are one of the few things I draw completely out of nowhere. Over in the chat I can link you to the in-progress drawings though. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

lintbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintbox

very cool. got my vote. good luck!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Shell Competition

Definately top-3 material. I think I was 5th to vote last night, but figured it would be a hard climb to the top -- at this pace though, there's hope! Well done kp!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ATho1100 wrote:how do i vote for t-shirts i really need help can someone help me!!!!!

You can't. You need to buy something from any woot site first.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
jamescho84 wrote:hahha, man you crack me up. hahahaha <3

I always really enjoy your submissions and I appreciate that you are an artist and not just a clip art or text person. This shirt just isn't doing it for me and I think its connection to the theme is tenuous.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jenny78 wrote:This doesn't show greed at all. It looks like something a really obese person might wear to remind them to stay off the sweets. I hope it gets rejected.

No one ever said woot voters knew what they were doing. Really, most people say the opposite. Any uproar to the contrary is against "mean-ness" and comes from being unable to break from the status quo.

The derby is a lot like the introduction to the opposites in You Can't Do That On Television, except the Opposites went by a certain set of rules. The derby is just wacky.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
aerodino wrote:I used to have a T-shirt, custom made, with two red stars on the chest. And this was during a point in my life when I was going bra-less! I loved it.

That's not saying much about yourself there killer.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
AttilaTheMom wrote:this is so ridiculous I HAVE to vote! hahahaha!

Do you really? It's not really overly greed-based, and seriously, is anthropomorphic candy corn an idea one shirt company needs to print twice?

awesomepossum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awesomepossum
Re: Love of Money

Super cute, GMV. Yay for the fog!

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
kylemittskus wrote:I always really enjoy your submissions and I appreciate that you are an artist and not just a clip art or text person. This shirt just isn't doing it for me and I think its connection to the theme is tenuous.

Tenuous? How about you being a little more open-minded. The theme is greed.....you cannot see it?? Look at it again, especially the Pimp Penguin (ok, I had to rope in the young 'uns)....He is all about the ice, nevermind the laboring -penguins. Thats why I referred to it as Penguin Blood Diamonds earlier. No blood involved, but most would get the idea if they saw the flik

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: DANGER! cupcake

What color shirt is this supposed to be? Royal??? Sure looks like no color Woot offers.

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia

Did you give this blue whale nostrils and a human mouth?

Re: I Claim This Land for France!

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal

You need to have purchased something from a Woot site to vote on shirt designs.

revmymotor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revmymotor
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

Finally, it is exposed, he's really a pimp penguin. Pimps are always greedy.

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia
ejseader wrote:And I got over 60 votes before you rejected it, so at least there are some people who believe in Free Speech...

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment. Your design has sexual innuendo most people will find not appropriate. Even if you went with the donkey, that may have gotten you rejected quicker since that may be correlated with bestiality. Btw, most people wouldn't have understood your message of greed but rather something having to do with sex. Seriously, an elephant humping a car. Or maybe Spitzer comes to mind.

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882
Re: Oooo Shiney!

This design so perfectly embodies the topic that I don't understand how it could possibly not get into the top three! I wish I could think of (and execute) something like it. Great job!

justrunfaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justrunfaster
Re: Greed and Chocolate

nice, son!

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: take take take

Great idea and great execution!

lessthanthree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lessthanthree

Quite a lovely design - even if it doesn't seem particularly greedy. I love the shirt.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kylemittskus wrote:Ok. But he doesn't have that much. He has a suit and a nice walking stick and a monocle. And didn't you say this shirt was ugly anyway? (Which I agree with).

No, I didn't say that.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

cloudberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cloudberry

How is off topic? The tooth fairy is so greedy she can't wait for the teeth to fall out so she pulls them out!

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
Re: Shell Competition

The small image is probably costing you votes. The higher quality jpg you posted is great