milesdavis91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milesdavis91

I love this design a ton. Colonialism/Imperialism: The ultimate definition of Greed! I also love how the king is inching his hand closer to Africa... A sign of bad things to come.

dijit4l

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dijit4l
Re: Resubmitted: Gas is up and I am broke

It's late in the game now, but this could still work if you used two circles--one nearly shaded in and one with either no shading or a small sliver at the bottom.

--dijit4l

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

What is unmentioned is that behind the slaves and the giant ice quarry is the Tycoon's personal jet made of solid ice. Slave penguins being driven to exhaustion, worked to the point where they fall dead on the ground, so one tycoon penguin can fly around in his iced-out-jetliner? This penguin doesn't fly for me!!!!!

(also, +1 vote)

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
Re: All your dollies are belong to us.

Not that it matters at this point, but you might want to put this shirt on Cranberry to get rid of the box.

Boarder88493

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boarder88493

sorry about that...i didn't know. theres always the next derby...

alymustard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alymustard
Re: BEAR MENIMUMS

As always, i heart the colors.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: All your dollies are belong to us.

I don't believe this is a public domain image. Google search greed and it comes up pretty soon.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

thatrobert wrote:I don't believe this is a public domain image. Google search greed and it comes up pretty soon.

This seems like the time in the derby in the past few weeks where there's a rash of odd entries. I think someone's trying to make a point or just keep the woot judges busy or something.

thewarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewarrior
Re: BEAR MENIMUMS

not sure this has much to do with greed but, this is a sick design that I would use for my line, fantastic colors on a black shirt kudos you got my vote!

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
superspryte wrote:Erm, okay, guys then. Thanks! I'm glad you can't pick out the coin layers.

For my drawings, I vectorize and it cleans it up for me. ^_^ Then I go in and fix anything I don't like.

Wow, I wasn't able to check in for a day or two, so I just found this little thread and REALLY enjoyed it. Neat, to see some of your process.
Great job! Deserves more votes than it's getting.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

redstart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redstart
makselarts wrote:

Seriously, and all I said to the little guy was "Hello". He's so defensive!

BatCountry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BatCountry
Re: Oil Kings

I want this shirt so bad but I know its not going to win... *sad face*

0 quality posts and proud of it.

durterebelz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages durterebelz
thewarrior wrote:not sure this has much to do with greed but, this is a sick design that I would use for my line, fantastic colors on a black shirt kudos you got my vote!

I've got a lot more where this came from check the myspace...

myspace.com/durtegraphxdesign
Never Compromise Vision
The Durte Genius

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD

Thank you. This is my first Woot entry ever. And I had no idea about the timetables of the contest. You can be sure I'll be entering pieces sooner in the future

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Man, sadness for the rejection. Ever read the Redwall series? This design brings back fond memories of those stories.

reboot365

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reboot365
clrussell2 wrote:where can i purchase this shirt at?

Well, unless I get about a 1000 more votes, it won't be up for sale. However, here's a detail pic if you want it. I'm glad you like it!

[

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
tgentry wrote:This seems like the time in the derby in the past few weeks where there's a rash of odd entries. I think someone's trying to make a point or just keep the woot judges busy or something.

In self defence so that their designs don't get rejected... A conspiracy, not as far reaching as the moonwalk, but equally as cunning...

BryanW3535

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BryanW3535

Great! This is the only one I would buy. I would be in for one for me and probably one for my girl.

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
AdderXYU wrote:I did not know there were two Adders, but I take comfort in knowing the other one agrees that this shirt is not only off topic, but pretty much ludicrous in light of woot printing an anthropomorphic candy corn shirt once before. Congrats, other Adder. Sorry this guy already doesn't like you.

1) Please explain how "Greed for Power" is off the topic of "Greed" ?

2) Where is there a rule that says that they can't print the same sort of thing twice? How many tree shirts have been printed? What about birds? What about Ravens?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
jawlz wrote:What is unmentioned is that behind the slaves and the giant ice quarry is the Tycoon's personal jet made of solid ice. Slave penguins being driven to exhaustion, worked to the point where they fall dead on the ground, so one tycoon penguin can fly around in his iced-out-jetliner? This penguin doesn't fly for me!!!!!

(also, +1 vote)

the beauty of that is that when the plane is getting ready to take off, they don't mind if there's ice on the wings.

kennesey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennesey
Jemmacakes wrote:Maybe those open pit mining penguins have medical benefits, life insurance benefits, 401k and long term disability benefits. As well as collective bargaining.

He just might be a rich, entrepreneurial penguin instead of a greedy robber-baron penguin.

I mean, this is the 00's. And those diamonds might be moissanite. You never know. Just because el jefe doesn't dress like Bill Gates or other latter day fortune 100 guys, doesn't mean he's a greedy guy. He just has sartorial exuberance.
\

egg-actly. It's interesting that so many have associated the depiction of a typical business structure with "greed".

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sailstud25 wrote:Wow, I wasn't able to check in for a day or two, so I just found this little thread and REALLY enjoyed it. Neat, to see some of your process.
Great job! Deserves more votes than it's getting.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^_^;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

phinxae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phinxae
Re: DANGER! cupcake

no resub on a color woot actually does offer??

that is awfully sad.

and I think it's very on topic. no one <i>needs</i> cupcakes. and to try and get a cupcake that has the ability to physically harm you, is greedy.

but really, who cares? it's a great tshirt, and that's what woot is all about.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Big BONE

Looks like one happy dog! Cute shirt!

Re: Now the Moon the Sun could wait til Morning (resub

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm

I think the top 10 in this derby are all very strong designs but I really hope this one gets printed. Keep the votes coming!

dmny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmny
Re: Oil Kings

great design, it stinks that it won't win on shirt.woot, you should try to get it made somewhere else though, cause I'm sure it will sell.

dmny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmny
WonderWooter wrote:I like the effect. You don't seem to be very encouraging. How can you say ill things to such a cute little piggy??

yeah that's exactly why I won't vote for this. The cute thing, it's just too cute. I know there are guys here saying "they are all man" and would wear this. I'm not really sure of the crowd you hang around with, but I can tell you if I wore this shirt out, being a man I would be the subject of ridicule. I'm not saying this isn't a good design...it is, for the ladies. Good luck wearing this shirt out if you're a guy.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
Re: Shell Competition

Based on the current voting momentum it looks like this derby will finish tomorrow at: 1st- penguin, 2nd- pig, 3rd/4th- thief or hermit crab
so, if you like this better than the thief design and voted for both, take back your other vote

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjl9320 wrote:Based on the current voting momentum it looks like this derby will finish tomorrow at: 1st- penguin, 2nd- pig, 3rd/4th- thief or hermit crab
so, if you like this better than the thief design and voted for both, take back your other vote

Awww, that's not nice.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino

[quote postid="2153420" user="mjl9320"]Based on the current voting momentum it looks like this derby will finish tomorrow at: 1st- penguin, 2nd- pig, 3rd/4th- thief or hermit crab
so, if you like this better than the thief design and voted for both, take back your other vote [/Y

Yes, vote Shell Competition hermit crab - it is a very creative and well done , and an excellent statement on greed.

I can't vote yet, so help me out people!

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman

Nice use of stick figures . Good job

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
Re: Love of Money

Isn't the coin slot usually on the piggy's back?
I haven't studied piggy banks, but can't think of ever seeing one with the slot on the head... good job with its facial expression though.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

perachio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perachio
Re: Gimmie!!!

GREAT IDEA! -- Gets my vote

perachio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perachio
Re: Quick! Before he looks back!

gotta have this!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
sailstud25 wrote:Isn't the coin slot usually on the piggy's back?
I haven't studied piggy banks, but can't think of ever seeing one with the slot on the head... good job with its facial expression though.

I have seen several with the slot on the head and on the butt as well.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
snarkygal wrote:Are you questioning your eyesight?

lol

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: MINE!

Thanks for all the support on this design!

Here's another look at the greedy king, if you're on the fence I'd really appreciate the vote...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
sailstud25 wrote:Isn't the coin slot usually on the piggy's back?

Isn't it usually on the top, whatever part of the pig that might be?

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark
mjl9320 wrote:Based on the current voting momentum it looks like this derby will finish tomorrow at: 1st- penguin, 2nd- pig, 3rd/4th- thief or hermit crab

Or everyone could take back the votes from the penguins. Sorry cho, but you've won so much and we've had penguins, share the wealth. Let the crab get some love.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
danielkennethlaux wrote:Simple yet elegant. I wish I knew you, I would lock you in a room and make you design tee shirts for me all the time.... no breaks.

very creepy.

I once ate a cricket.