geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
tgentry wrote:Thanks for all the support on this design!

Here's another look at the greedy king, if you're on the fence I'd really appreciate the vote...

This is the best drawing in the derby this week, and if it doesn't win I am going to be deeply disappointed in the voters. More than usual, even! ;)

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
ruthsdad wrote:If this loses to the frickin' penguin shirt, I will know that the votes are cooked. I can't even see it losing to globe hugger.

And you'll get some good coin to help pay for tuition.

I'm not so sure any more, the pengiun is what people seem to like (which somewhat confuses me) and the king has been in the fog from the beginning (which I think it is definitely deserving). out of those in the fog I think I'll be the one to go at this rate.

dryfus423

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dryfus423
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

This is a great shirt. I have been waiting for a while to see a good penguin shirt to get my penguin loving brother. (And he is 21, but still would wear this shirt.) I guess you could say the penguin wasn't greedy unless you noticed his completely unnecessary cane with the diamond on top.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
durterebelz wrote:I've got a lot more where this came from check the myspace...

I would love to see more, but your page is set to private.
-Andy

Mothmonsterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mothmonsterman
Re: vampire keeps bags of blood in cape

Not sure how that makes him greedy.

Mothmonsterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mothmonsterman
Re: Greedy Thug

I would never wear that lol.

kpetrasko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpetrasko
Re: Oooo Shiney!

OHIO represent!!! I graduated from CCAD two years ago. I almost went to CIA. What year are you?

Annnyway, I really hope this shirt gets printed. You've got a great cartooning style. Do you have a portfolio website by any chance? I'd love to see more work.

bonipoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonipoof
mjl9320 wrote:Based on the current voting momentum it looks like this derby will finish tomorrow at: 1st- penguin, 2nd- pig, 3rd/4th- thief or hermit crab
so, if you like this better than the thief design and voted for both, take back your other vote

I want that hermit crab so much, I actually did this. Who am I kidding, I've done it before...

Please vote for this shirt!!

And I'm not even including the ones that were gifts!

kpetrasko

Re: Shell Competition

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I feel bad if you're taking away votes from the other guys. I've voted for 3 of the shirts in the fog and I'm hoping to buy some.

If only the hermit crab didn't have so many shells on his back, maybe he could climb the ranks a little faster... greedy little bugger.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: MINE!

Let's hear it for the King!!

2thFairy

AnGeLiCbOrIs wrote:Welcome back Edgar! I wish I had 1000 votes to give you since this shirt is AWESOME.

I agree..

kpetrasko

I'm reading back through the comments... we've got some die hard crab fans eh?

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
kpetrasko wrote:OHIO represent!!! I graduated from CCAD two years ago. I almost went to CIA. What year are you?

Annnyway, I really hope this shirt gets printed. You've got a great cartooning style. Do you have a portfolio website by any chance? I'd love to see more work.

Im a sophmore. I dont really have a official portfolio website(unfortunately) but I do have a deviant art site . http://remnant1987.deviantart.com/

deviant art is nothing close to a portfolio site but if you whant to see some of my other work then check it out thanks for your interest!

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

Honestly....the first shirt I've seen in this derby that I'd actually wear. I like a lot of the other art, but not to parade about in. Thanks for the hard work!!!!

2thFairy

dsladek wrote:Im a sophmore. I dont really have a official portfolio website(unfortunately) but I do have a deviant art site . http://remnant1987.deviantart.com/

deviant art is nothing close to a portfolio site but if you whant to see some of my other work then check it out thanks for your interest!

Wow! I just checked out your deviantart site.. nice stuff! (If your self portraits are accurate, wooHOO!!)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
geekfactor12 wrote:This is the best drawing in the derby this week, and if it doesn't win I am going to be deeply disappointed in the voters. More than usual, even! ;)

is that even possible ?

I voted for this one too- tg never really disappoints.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

I love the steady, resolute, uphill crawl into the fog. Here's hoping that crab makes you some serious clams, and by clams I mean money.

And by crab I mean skill as an artist.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Hahha! There's the highgrassfarm we love. And I totally overlooked the beaver (squirrel?) with the machine gun.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: NO I do not have your BACONPET

Best title ever!

vierraking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vierraking
Re: This Hoard Isn't Big Enough

This one is the awesome, wheres the love?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
auggie24 wrote:I voted for this one, too.

Thanks for the votes! Glad someone likes cartoon babies!

jeremynjaxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremynjaxx

Sorry . . . awesome drawing, but I see a monster with a bow too.

jeremynjaxx

I like funny . . . and that's simply funny!!

jeremynjaxx

Really like the idea . . . greed against green?

Anywho, kinda small, might be hard to see what's goin on on a shirt.

jeremynjaxx

Really awesome shirt!! Hope to get this one!!

jeremynjaxx

Josephus wrote:uh, what is that white square under the skull?

and why does the upper arm on the viewer's right have 2 bones?
-humans only have one humerus on each side, not two...

pick, pick, pick, pick . . . LOL

I didn't even notice the double bone issue and the square till you point it out . . . cool idea tho.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
tiaerman wrote:You know... the more Ive seen this the more Ive grown to it. Good job.. GMV now

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

jeremynjaxx

Re: I Want It Get Out!

who does the hand belong to?

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I wish more people would vote for this one! It's the only one of all the entries I would ever consider buying or wearing. Go, go, go!!!

Carpe shirtem!

jeremynjaxx

Re: greedy mouse

Good shirt, but me thinks "Who moved my cheese?" when I see it . . . good shirt to wear to work! :-)

jeremynjaxx

Re: Bowl Hog (Black)

I must be dense . . . what are the orange bubbles . . . is it a fart joke? I like the big fish, little fish reference tho!

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign
Re: Oooo Shiney!

Brilliant.

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: The New Highway Robbery

Not that anyone cares at this point but I feel the need to clear my name or worsen the situation....whichever it may be.

First, I did borrow the idea from someone. Robert Amsterdam is not the artist. Nick Turner is and he is a close personal friend of mine. He has allowed me to use it on a blog I write but I did not ask to modify it and use it for a derby entry. I never expected to win or garner as much attention as I did in such a short amount of time, but it is what it is. I just loved the design and the statement it makes and I never forgot the way it impacted me when I first saw it. I also felt it was spot on target for the theme. Anyhow, my bad and I apologize.

To my defense ever so slightly, it was only my 3rd entry and I was not entirely clear what would be considered acceptable because I saw that old Starbucks Tshirt on here and it looked exactly like the real logo to me. I did modify this quite a bit if anyone cares to compare the two in detail, as his design would have been considered incomplete and Rejected for using gradients. Regardless - I just messed up and I assure you that I will not make that mistake again. I am going to tell Nick about this and you will all be sorry because then he will start entering the derby and everyone would have to wear a shirt designed by him, Tgentry, Jimyo, KlsWoot, or Cho.

What fun would that be? =D
Sorry again. I will hop off my pedestal now.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
jarjarbinks wrote:Most of it looks awesome but why is he setting his own foot on fire? That kind of ruins it for me.

heh. Note to self: jarjarbinks only votes for dragons that aren't setting their own foot on fire. ;)

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
haxrox wrote:Hahha! There's the highgrassfarm we love. And I totally overlooked the beaver (squirrel?) with the machine gun.

*bows* Thank you. I do the best I can!

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej
Re: Resubmitted: Gas is up and I am broke

Once you remove the "wallet" part it doesnt make sense anymore

hellenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellenn

is there one heart that's breaking in her bundle of heart balloons?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
rres wrote:Not that anyone cares at this point but I feel the need to clear my name or worsen the situation....whichever it may be.
To my defense ever so slightly, it was only my 3rd entry .......... I am going to tell Nick about this and you will all be sorry because then he will start entering the derby and everyone would have to wear a shirt designed by him,.......

rres, I took the liberty to shorten your post, because I wanted to respond to the parts I left. This is not because the rest of your post is not important, but simply for brevity.

First, woot is an open forum with a lot of opinionated people. You sometimes need a very thick skin just to post here, but I assure you, the majority of the people here are looking to keep the level of shirt entries as high as possible. So if you saw negative comments, it was meant as constructive criticism. Some people could use more charm when making their criticism, but it is what it is.

Second, the group does not do the rejecting, the people who work for woot do. Judging from the statement about why your entry was rejected, I'd say it was not because of the BP logo, but because of the photo from Vietnam you used. When that was published on Time magazine years ago, it was a total shock to the system to look at it. For some people, it still carries that power. You have to be careful with violent visual images, since it can upset people. If this week's theme was aggression or class struggle, this might have been appropriate. But since it was greed this week, I am guessing that woot thought it was too strong a message.

Last, please tell your friend Nick that new talent is ALWAYS welcome. Competition is a wonderful thing when dealing with creativity, since it stretches everyone to greater heights. And as a tshirt buyer, I am always interested in new styles.

F3l1xL33ch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages F3l1xL33ch
Re: All your dollies are belong to us.

Hmmm... interesting design. It totally reminds me of the card game Lunch Money.

alturk13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alturk13

what's inside? you can't tell what is drowning in the sands.