tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Schrobblehead wrote:This looks cool, but I really don't like the message.

It would be better if it was called "In GOLD We Trust".... Though I have too much pride in America to wear it either way. My compliments though on the artwork. It is a good representation.

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

tiaerman

Re: want?

I envy this shirt design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is sooooo awesome! I would have to buy this for my girlfriend if it got printed. Good luck! I smiled so big it hurt when I saw this GMV!

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass
Re: Midas Goldfinger

I like it but (in a very vulgar sense) it looks like someone put their finger somewhere and found the wrong fluid when they got there.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Bryan818 wrote:Bring your penguin to work, kick the habit, and now this.

no i just wanted to anger you, until i had found the time to finish the entry i'm working on...

and

i had the character and seemed to fit

According to Shirt Derby Stats:
Derby 20: Take your penguin to work day (twice to vote, plus removals/rejects)
Derby 20: Kick the Habit Day
Derby 28: Kick the Habit
Derby Now: May I Have Some More

So technically 5, though only four "different" ones. I must have just seen it so many damn times during Create Your Own Holiday that it registered as more often. Not to mention the same, other penguin in Travel, Winter, Invention, and Dreams

stringsoftears

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stringsoftears
Re: Gimmie!

I'm obsessed with simplistic designs. You hit the spot. You have my vote.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
pstan wrote:Reject please. You can't steal the BP logo or an existing image. Search BP on Google images and this image is one of the first results.

http://www.robertamsterdam.com/BP_art.jpg

Hah! A new low? Stay tuned wooters to find out!

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass
Re: Gimmie!

I would probably run up to someone wearing this shirt and give them a high five... pretty sweet.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
scoobeedoobee wrote:IT'S JUST A T-SHIRT LAST TIME I LOOKED.
THIS ONE IS FUNNY AND RELATES TO GREED I THINK.
SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE ARE GETTING TOO SERIOUS AND PICKY. MAYBE BECAUSE OF THE MONEY BEING PAID TO THE WINNER?!.

I disagree. I come here to buy original shirts that have some artistic ability to them. There are many artists here that fit in to that criteria. This is not one of them.

Well there is always next year....

tiaerman

trippregan wrote:@Stringsoftears: thanks.

@Torvik: Butterfinger!? Good god man, please?! I hope your mind's eye doesn't affect mine...

Yea.. I couldn't wear this shirt now... thanks....

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Greedy Conquistador

Sweet. I love pirates of the government-sanctioned kind. Good attention to detail.

shortpenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortpenguin
Re: May I have Some more?

this one seems far better than the monkey design. FAR better. But I do like them both.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
derekfilley wrote:Hilarious, though might di due to politics (you reference a very powerful photo, which might cheese some off.)

Call me stupid but what photo are we talking about. Sorry... I only new the logo was stolen.

Well there is always next year....

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: avocado bravado!!

It's really pretty, but I have a question...how does it represent greed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

Re: Jacked Your Nut

That squirrel's got a big nut! l o l

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tiaerman

squidboots wrote:Much improved!!

Ditto! I get it now that I can see what is going on. Good job!

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
Re: The World Is Mine (Resub)

Resubbed cause design was a tad small on the shirt, as many people pointed out.

Sorry to those that voted before, but i do hope you continue to support this design.

Thanks!

bonipoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonipoof
Re: You want it?

This is great. I love the expressions on their faces; you can really say a lot with a pair of eyes and a mouth...

And I'm not even including the ones that were gifts!

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark
Re: Predator vs. predator

I like it a lot, I just don't see how it relates to greed, and am afraid it might get rejected. Its not like the frog can bite the spider in half and share with the other one.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
Psystal wrote:Awww, BP? They're at least sort of decent. I'd go for an Exxon-Mobil parody though!

I agree... BP's not as bad as others...

Sadly, I also agree that the parody claim is kind of pushing it here, the logo looks pretty straight up stolen.

EDIT: Oops, hadn't read the tread far enough... the whole image is stolen?!? geez

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
Amach06 wrote:Call me stupid but what photo are we talking about. Sorry... I only new the logo was stolen.

One of the most famous photographs ever. It was during the Vietnam war. Someone help with the scenario please.

patnode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patnode
SailorButterfly wrote:It's really pretty, but I have a question...how does it represent greed?

who doesn't want it all!!!! and that includes the AVOCADO!! they're green like the dollar... it's my avocado and i want it NOW!! does that help?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

That one. It's someone about to assassinate someone, so it's in questionable taste to start. It's pretty iconic, so it's obvious pandering through recognition. It's still under copyright, I'm certain, so if the photographer ever decided to sue, he'd likely win and win hard. And it's combined with a corporate logo... an oil company's, no less... so potential double lawsuit. There's too much infringement to fall under parody, and to top it all off, the whole juxtaposition of turning it into execution by gas (complete with gas logo) appears to have existed before this shirt did.

ETA: Not to mention the shirt itself and the thumbnail differ largely. This is so full of reject that it might as well go on celebrity survivor.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
SailorButterfly wrote:It's really pretty, but I have a question...how does it represent greed?

I think that someone is hoarding Avo's and making flowers out of them instead of Guacamoli...

tiaerman

fillengroovy wrote:Really??? The big fish is hording all of the food, they are both looking at it.

lolololol...... ok... duh... I couldn't tell that was fish food . Cool. GMV!

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
pstan wrote:Reject please. You can't steal the BP logo or an existing image. Search BP on Google images and this image is one of the first results.

http://www.robertamsterdam.com/BP_art.jpg

Just trying to make it more obvious this image is stolen.....
Have you Tattled yet?

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

SailorButterfly

patnode wrote:who doesn't want it all!!!! and that includes the AVOCADO!! they're green like the dollar... it's my avocado and i want it NOW!! does that help?

I wanted to give you a chance to post your explanation for Woot to see. I'm cool with it if they are since it's their decision. ^^

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: Bowl Hog

I love this. I would definitely buy. Hope you do well in this derby, but you are up against some horrible designs, so good luck.

tiaerman

Re: Just... one... more...

I think this is very good! It GMV! The chick is very cute and simplistic and I like that! Maybe the only thing I would add is a shadow... maybe? Not sure on that but maybe....

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
tiaerman wrote:It would be better if it was called "In GOLD We Trust".... Though I have too much pride in America to wear it either way. My compliments though on the artwork. It is a good representation.

I meant the message the design conveys. I only care about what people who don't know the title would see.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SailorButterfly

tiaerman wrote:lolololol...... ok... duh... I couldn't tell that was fish food . Cool. GMV!

I'm with you there...I thought they were bubbles at first. Makes sense now that I know it's food. hehe

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: Greedy Thug

How did you do the chains?... I did a shirt a while back with silver chain and the vectoring made me freakin' crazy.

SailorButterfly

scoobeedoobee wrote:Its a GREAT shirt and Id buy 3 easy. Copyrighted or not. anyone worried about whether it should be rejected or not needs to quite worrying about other peoples designs and focus more on thier own soft bellied souls.
Besides its tons better than any of the shirts I've seen lately from woot. Really says alot in a small little design. Echos alot of peoples sentiments and speaks volumes to us all I think.

You might not care if the image is copyrighted, but woot does:

Will Shirt.Woot really produce and sell the three designs that get the most votes in a given week?
Generally, yes. Unless:

* We determine that the design contains elements created and/or owned by someone other than the designer or Woot, or that would otherwise infringe on the intellectual property rights of third parties;

http://shirt.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q7d

bonipoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonipoof
bumpass wrote:I would probably run up to someone wearing this shirt and give them a high five... pretty sweet.

I was just about to post a comment to that effect. I am a compulsive high-fiver and I would totally wear this with that in mind. I just don't know if it captures the essence of greed. Hmmmm.....

And I'm not even including the ones that were gifts!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Dragon's Hoard

Great work, but it's too squared off with the background...love the lighting effects!

tiaerman

SailorButterfly wrote:I wanted to give you a chance to post your explanation for Woot to see. I'm cool with if they are since it's their decision. ^^

This could go for a daily probably. I'm not sure it fits the theme very well. Good luck though because it is a cool design!

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: The New Highway Robbery

I really hope this gets rejected. Not only is it a stolen image, but it's on heather grey. Must we ALWAYS have some sort of grey shirt be in the fog? It seems like every week a grey shirts places. How about some color already. It's spring. Who wants to wear a dull grey right now?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SailorButterfly wrote:Yeah, I don't think so either. If those are gradients, then definitely not...but even so, it looks like too many colors. The text would also cause a rejection.

nyadolla, you might want to simplify the apple, take the text around the barcode off, and try resubmitting.

Definitely not gradients, but I can't count the colours... looks like too many, but it might not be.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

scoobeedoobee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scoobeedoobee

I just wish people could let things go instead of trying to get others designs rejected. If you dont like it dont buy it if it wins. No need to keep trashing it because of this or that.
I cant stand all those well designed shirts that looked as if they were some design program that exploded from the bottom corner of the shirt. Its almost all i see anymore on shirt designs from woot.
I also dont like many of the well intentioned but poorly done designs but i dont call for them to be rejected. If I like it I buy it. Easy. I dont like alot of things or people but i dont call for them to be done in.
SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS CALLING FOR A JIHAD ON THIS DESIGN AND I THINK THATS WRONG. DONT BUY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. OR MAYBE DESIGN A BETTER SHIRT... OR JUST SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY.

HotIceCream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream
tiaerman wrote:I think this is very good! It GMV! The chick is very cute and simplistic and I like that! Maybe the only thing I would add is a shadow... maybe? Not sure on that but maybe....

Thanks, tiareman! Shadow is a good idea.

tiaerman

Re: Predator vs. predator

This design would be perfect I think without the smaller frog and whatever that is behind it... I can't really tell what is going on there but I really liked the design I saw in the forums with just the bigger frog eyeing the fly...