+ Add a Comment

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Re: Chillaxin

I think this is a perfect fit. Nice job.

Well there is always next year....

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: There Will be Greed

Alternate Title: There will be moustache.

kroner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kroner
Re: Give a Dog a Bone

This is my first entry. Let me know what you think.

trippregan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trippregan
tiaerman wrote:Yea.. I couldn't wear this shirt now... thanks....

Wow, screwed from the get-go for not having a dirty/vulgar mind... guess I should have seen this one heading down the line. vacuums though.

Vacuums! Funny Woot!

Master the Cap•A•Cooz and you've mastered life

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
HotIceCream wrote:Thanks, tiareman! Shadow is a good idea.

dear hoticecream-- thanks for replying for me, but i can reply for myself.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: The New Highway Robbery

i would agree that this is a Parody, and should stay.

scoobeedoobee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scoobeedoobee

YES, WOOT DOES... SO Why does everyone else feel the need to keep bringing it up. If only people would get so up in arms over what the current administration has done to our country and do something about it.

patnode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patnode
tiaerman wrote:This could go for a daily probably. I'm not sure it fits the theme very well. Good luck though because it is a cool design!

how do i get it into the daily??

brent16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brent16

happy day!
first derby for the win

arsenicsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arsenicsauce
scoobeedoobee wrote:Wah wah wah people who aren't me are complaining on the internet and I'm incapable of hitting the back button lest anyone else have the last word

They broke the rules, they're getting flack for it, why is this making your life so hard?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
patnode wrote:how do i get it into the daily??

This info should help you out some:

http://shirt.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: So Hungry/Greedy He Could Eat A Horse?

Wow, another dark shirt with an animal on it will prob win. It will be like the last derby, and the derby before that, and the derby before that...........and the derby before that.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Amach06 wrote:I think this is a perfect fit. Nice job.

Thanks Amach06! It'd be cool if I could get them to print it up near the neck line somehow. It'd be like a bird necklace.

HotIceCream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream
tiaerman wrote:... When I first saw this i thought they were lifting the sky scraper off of the house... but I think the intention is that they are lowering the skyscraper... not sure what could be done to fix this though...

anyway, great design but not sure how it fits with the theme... o well. GMV!

thanks, tiareman! a shadow might be a good idea.

lanikei

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lanikei
Re: Baby Gots to Get Paid

I actually loved this on the blue shirt, not as much of a fan on brown. :-(

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
patnode wrote:who doesn't want it all!!!! and that includes the AVOCADO!! they're green like the dollar... it's my avocado and i want it NOW!! does that help?

doesn't help me

lanikei

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lanikei
lanikei wrote:I actually loved this on the blue shirt, not as much of a fan on brown. :-(

OH! And as noted in the derby thread... on the baby's right hand palm the shirt color shows through under the money - doesn't look quite right.

twincarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twincarma

great design but i doubt you will win on white. Red, green or even maybe yellow may be better. but thats just my opinion

jenny78

Re: Greedy Conquistador

The design is amazing, but another asphalt shirt. People talk about wooters loving tree shirts, but I think wooters love grey much, much more. Does anyone really need more that one grey shirt that doesn't have a college/sports logo on it? I mean, 2 asphalt shirts are prob going to be on sale tomorrow and Sunday. Isn't that enough for like the next couple of months?

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: No Bananas For You

The look on the sad monkey's face is priceless! Good job!

It surprises me though that you have so many votes and no comments. Are Wooters just too lazy to comment on designs they think are good?

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

HotIceCream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream
jzelts wrote:dear hoticecream-- thanks for replying for me, but i can reply for myself.

many apologies, i was actually in the derby entry forum and replied to the wrong tiareman message-- i meant to reply to tiareman's comment regarding my sub, which also would have benefited from shadows. I did just to click on your design, and while it's not my taste, i hope it does well. and yeah, it might also need some shadowing.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Greedy Conquistador

Great job Zenne! The colors are nice and moody, and conquistadors are way underused. and much better than pirates.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
scoobeedoobee wrote:I just wish people could let things go instead of trying to get others designs rejected. If you dont like it dont buy it if it wins. No need to keep trashing it because of this or that.
I cant stand all those well designed shirts that looked as if they were some design program that exploded from the bottom corner of the shirt. Its almost all i see anymore on shirt designs from woot.
I also dont like many of the well intentioned but poorly done designs but i dont call for them to be rejected. If I like it I buy it. Easy. I dont like alot of things or people but i dont call for them to be done in.
SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS CALLING FOR A JIHAD ON THIS DESIGN AND I THINK THATS WRONG. DONT BUY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. OR MAYBE DESIGN A BETTER SHIRT... OR JUST SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY.

1) If a design is against the rules, it should be rejected. If you disagree with this, then why have rules at all? Hell, why have a theme at all? This design is against the rules. We are making an outcry against it to make sure woot notices it and rejects it, because as you may have noticed, being such a person yourself, being against the rules does not stop people from voting things into the fog.

2) There are indeed a lot design explosion designs that get through. Most of these are way less "well designed" than you think. However, just because they're bad doesn't make them rejectable

3) Same as above for poorly executed designs. Even when poor execution fogs, it's not against the rules. We can plead and moan and shout, but Woot isn't about to be the quality police, as any given derby should prove to you.

4) This particular shirt isn't about quality tho. You can think it is wrong, but that doesn't make you right. This shirt is totally rejectable, and indeed should be rejected. That's not because we don't like it. It's because it doesn't follow the rules. We don't like it either, but the main issue is the rulebreaking. If you don't comprehend this you are a fool, and if you insist on shouting about how you don't understand this, you will only make yourself look more foolish.

dirttracker39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirttracker39
KENPARS0NS wrote:Great Idea! is this the actual plate print or is it your own illustration?

It's the actual print, but with some modifications, particularly the name plate under the portrait is removed, numbers removed, etc.

2005vette

artulo wrote:Great work, but it's too squared off with the background...love the lighting effects!

I agree. Think this would do very good, if it wasnt squared off.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Wyvern's Hoard

All the dragon designs in this derby are so awesome, this one no exception. I hope at least one of them makes it to print. l o l

Your dragon is so pretty!

GMV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
AdderXYU wrote:
It's someone about to assassinate someone, so it's in questionable taste to start. It's pretty iconic, so it's obvious pandering through recognition. It's still under copyright, I'm certain, so if the photographer ever decided to sue, he'd likely win and win hard. And it's combined with a corporate logo... an oil company's, no less... so potential double lawsuit. There's too much infringement to fall under parody, and to top it all off, the whole juxtaposition of turning it into execution by gas (complete with gas logo) appears to have existed before this shirt did.

adder, the robert amsterdam image is clearly parody of the eddie adams photograph, and eddie died in 2004 although his heir(s) or the AP owns the rights to the photo for the next 66 yrs, i'm sure. but it is obvious, as jack pointed out, that this derby submission is a direct copy of the robert amsterdam image with a slimmed down gun/nozzle holder.

scoobeedoobee, if you want this printed, try contacting the original artist and see if he'll submit it to woot...

i'm sure this has been tattled on countless times for the direct rip-off as well as the comp variances. rejection has to impending.

EDIT: that wuz teh funneh, already rejected. controversy solved.

jenny78

2005vette wrote:i would wear it, but how is this Greed?

It's not, but atleast it's not on a grey shirt. I thinks it's pretty cool, although nto really creative. I'd buy it.

fablefire

quality posts: 18 Private Messages fablefire
tiaerman wrote:The look on the sad monkey's face is priceless! Good job!

It surprises me though that you have so many votes and no comments. Are Wooters just too lazy to comment on designs they think are good?

I think it's more an indicator of what kind of wooter is voting on the design.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: Chillaxin

Very good design! That bird looks so relaxed while the others are like "Who does he think he is..." Awesome!

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

AdderXYU

tgentry wrote:Great job Zenne! The colors are nice and moody, and conquistadors are way underused. and much better than pirates.

I would move for a Conquistador meme. They're much more intriguing than pirates anyway. My only fear is that it would give Johnny Depp a reason to ponce around in makeup through another increasingly baffling trilogy... after all, those crazy Spaniards were way more likely to dress like dandies and wear makeup than pirates were.

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: Dragon's Hoard

2005vette wrote:I agree. Think this would do very good, if it wasnt squared off.

a black T might blend into the design and reduce the squared effect

2005vette

Re: The World Is Mine (Resub)

aww rejected, make the image larger.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Catching Cash

Our goal was to create a lot of money flying in the air, and despite the largess around him, the green-eyed man needs to catch and collect it all. To us, this was showing greed and the effects of greed - you are focused only on your hoard, and can't see beyond your own greed. This came across best on an Asphalt shirt.

This is our second attempt at a derby entry. We're learning, and trust us, we know we aren't fog material, but we're having fun! My daughter and I have teamed up to learn GIMP and save up for a WACOM tablet, and she's learning about statistics and design through the derby. Thanks for checking out the design!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
SailorButterfly wrote:All the dragon designs in this derby are so awesome, this one no exception. I hope at least one of them makes it to print. l o l

Your dragon is so pretty!

GMV

Thanks Butterfly!! I really appreciate it And if anyone is wondering, I cut back through the layers of color to let the brown shirt come through, so there may be areas with a couple layers of color but there are areas (like in the eye) where I cut back through all the colors to bring forward the shirt color for the pupil. So there isn't a huge layer of stiff ink if it's printed. I know that's been a huge concern for some people.

jenny78

Re: You Don't Need All Those

Wow, this is going to take first place. A robot animal? You got the robot and the animal all mixed up as one! If it was on any variation of grey you'd probably already be in first. Let me be the first to off you CONGRATS on the win.

AdderXYU

Re: All about the Benjamins

No offense, but I'm somewhat uncertain as to how one design with Ben's portrait from the currency got the axe yet others haven't.

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
HotIceCream wrote:many apologies, i was actually in the derby entry forum and replied to the wrong tiareman message-- i meant to reply to tiareman's comment regarding my sub, which also would have benefited from shadows. I did just to click on your design, and while it's not my taste, i hope it does well. and yeah, it might also need some shadowing.

no problem-- I'm sure that happens all the time.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
Re: The Greedy Flower

tiaerman wrote:Thanks! I wish more people loved it . I thought it was going to do a little better than this. Come on people! Where is the love? Or, if you don't like it, then tell me why so I know where to improve next time.

Personally, I like your concept and I think it fits the theme well but I'm not crazy about the cartoon flowers. Their expressions look over the top.
Historically, wooters don't seem to like yellow shirts. A design needs to be stellar to overcome the dislike of yellow.

Keep designing what you like. The wooters are unpredictable

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
Re: Le Petit Diable D'Argent - Playing for Keeps

I like the feel of it. It kind of reminds me of "Where The Wild Things Are"

I just wonder if it would work better with the marble ring at the bottom so it's on ground?