+ Add a Comment

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
mylee712 wrote:What a greedy little guy :-) Love the design and how the jellyfish looks like its glowing (makes me wish woot had glow in the dark paint. I know, it's gimmicky, but I'm a child of the 80s...what can I say!)

They've used glow in the dark ink on a daily shirt before, but haven't allowed it in the derby yet. I wish they would!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
mia3mom wrote:lovely! Your dragon fits with my mental images of dragons as colorful. I love your style, it's fun and well done.

(April is Poetry Month, so I had to rhyme)

Thanks Mia! be happy I didn't go with the colors I slapped into it for a screenshot last night. It was only 1/2 done and atrocious. I put it on a grass shirt, with a blue dragon and mauve comb and tail. I didn't change the wings to their color until near the end. the wings were originally white XP

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Step Three: Profits! (chalkboard design)

Oh, poo. I would have liked this shirt, too...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
jenny78 wrote:You don't see the weed's root wrapping around the flowers root, in a sense strangling the flower? I think this is awesome, and it fits the theme perfectly. I would love to see this printed.

That's EXACTLY what I was trying to illustrate here. Oh well, obviously it wasn't clear to the rejectorator either and it wasn't exactly burning up the hot list anyway.
C'est la vie.

soothedbyrainfall.net

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark
arsenicsauce wrote:TBH I felt like there was too much empty space in the composition and was trying to work other things into it to balance things out a little. In my own mind there's a definite story there, but I'm still learning how to get that kind of story into a single t-shirt design so that, you know. other people actually get it.

Netshark, thanks and I was going for a kind of biting-off-more-than-you-can-chew thing, which is greed to me, and something I see in a couple other designs around the contest too. If it gets rejected by the woot mods I won't be devastated though.

Ah ok I get it now. Rather than going for the easy fly, the frog went for the spider. Hopefully it should be fine.

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
Re: Greedy Weed

you gonna change it up and resub? love to see it come back.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: So Hungry/Greedy He Could Eat A Horse?

I like the way the bones wrap around three dimensionally. Very well done. Cool colors too.

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
JadenKale wrote:It's a beautiful design and I love the artistic style of the design, so please don't feel that I just hate your design or anything. I feel the heart balloon aspect is a little off for a greed theme. I would think that the design invokes more of a 'Hope' response rather than 'Greed'. I believe that's because it's so light and relaxed in design. Greed is a deadly sin, and as that's a negative trait, the design is just a bit too positive to pull it off for me.

But I will say, that despite all of my comparison to the theme, I love the piece on its own. You executed your design beautifully and it's very pretty.

Thank you so much, Jaden! I have to say, I've been a big fan of all of your designs. And so this is all a tremendous compliment.

To answer your comment, it was designed as a light-hearted take on the theme-- slike it's a harmless greed (if there is such a thing); the only potential harm is if she lets go of the other balloons, I suppose.

In any event, thank you so much for commenting. And I love your dragon, btw! GMV.

blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle
Re: My Candy!

The ultimate display of greed. Attaining at other's expense! Better pic at bottom of page.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jzelts wrote:Thank you so much, Jaden! I have to say, I've been a big fan of all of your designs. And so this is all a tremendous compliment.

To answer your comment, it was designed as a light-hearted take on the theme-- slike it's a harmless greed (if there is such a thing); the only potential harm is if she lets go of the other balloons, I suppose.

In any event, thank you so much for commenting. And I love your dragon, btw! GMV.

Light-hearted is alright with me. I really like this.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties

This is totally awesome, but do you think the tickets could be another color?. The thumbnail image looks like a kid with the skin peeled off his face.

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882
Re: MINE!

I really like the style, the single color makes it look like a print from an old map or something.

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Re: Dude, look what I found (Resub)

Had too resub. I missed filling in a spot when i changed from one brown to another and I changed the knife to blue so it is easier to see... hope you all like it!

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
eHalcyon wrote:Light-hearted is alright with me. I really like this.

Thanks!

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: Chillaxin

What? I saw greed all over this shirt! The bird in the middle is hogging almost the entire line. Taking way more than he needs at the expense of the other birds. Isn't that the definition of greedy?

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: The Moons of Saturn

Man the hammer is coming down hard today! Again, Saturn is hogging all the moons and left earth with only one... how is that not greedy?

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180

hehe

wasn't a fan of this one till i saw the shirt comp.
the placement and the little ripples around the top of the air hose totally make this one.
the illustration is very well done as well.

got my vote now. im glad you resube, otherwise i never would have seen it and clicked on it.

mitymouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitymouse
Re: In Pursuit of the Dollar

Sweet design, I'll take three.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Heh, I really like this one - good job!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
tiaerman wrote:What? I saw greed all over this shirt! The bird in the middle is hogging almost the entire line. Taking way more than he needs at the expense of the other birds. Isn't that the definition of greedy?

obviously I agree with your exact points. Didn't think I needed to spell it out for everyone...

Sachmoe64

Re: MINE!

Really nice! I love the round over all shape! very clever and really well executed! This is one of the rare times where I say to myself I could see me wearing that shirt. If i have the money, I'll buy one WHEN it wins!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

One of the best so far!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

soothedbyrainfall wrote:That's EXACTLY what I was trying to illustrate here. Oh well, obviously it wasn't clear to the rejectorator either and it wasn't exactly burning up the hot list anyway.
C'est la vie.

I think the greed aspect is there, you just have to look for it.
Maybe a slight alteration would make it clearer to the judges. Even if it doesn't catch on this week, who knows it could be someone's editor's pick down the line. Or at least submit it to DBH or something, it's a great design. Just my 2 cents.

megumisensei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megumisensei
Re: Peek-a-I kn haz sadness? (resubmission)

Thanks everyone who supported my shirt design ~ <3 I've resubmitted and fixed the design detail so it matches the actual shirt. I just thought it was cute (and a little sad) that the mean old greedy snake, even after having mr. elephant all to himself, would still be greedy enough to want to swallow that poor little mouse. Maybe he'll win the staring contest...

Meep.

Sachmoe64

Re: No Bananas For You

I wish you would have taken a little longer and made the bananas unique with the correct lighting. The bananas kind of make a jumbled mess to me... but thats just me thinking out loud. I do like the expressions.

Sachmoe64

bonipoof wrote:This is great. I love the expressions on their faces; you can really say a lot with a pair of eyes and a mouth...

Thanks a lot, It turned out pretty well... i fear i may have shot myself in the foot with the olive green shirt, but it looked best on it to me. we'll see!

chamelean75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chamelean75

I really like this but I already voted on a shirt and it doesn't seem to let me vote for another shirt. You can only vote once for a shirt design right?

nmtschaenn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nmtschaenn

Yeah definitely gluttony. Unless the snake is being greedy by not sharing the horse with other snakes?

shaolinleopard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaolinleopard

Boas eat elephants, not horses. Science fact. ;)

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
Re: No Bananas For You

Thanks for all of the support so far. 1st time anywhere near the fog.

mehron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mehron

Very nice, I like it. Got my vote.

On the flip side, I am surprised no one bitched about the creme color, yet.

mehron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mehron

Holy dead weasels! I love it!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Mine, Mine, Mine... part 2

Oh... I NEED this one!

Zorro22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zorro22
Re: u cant has deez

What really makes this shirt for me is the little ant sneaking away on the bottom right. Love it!

We must not fear daylight just because it almost always illuminates a miserable world. - René Magritte

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
shaolinleopard wrote:Boas eat elephants, not horses. Science fact. ;)

Good thing the other is a python ;)

Keyouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keyouse
Re: Anyone for Tennis?

Dude, fix the box issue and I would totally buy that. Hands down!

Keyouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keyouse
Re: Eat until nothings left

Wow, if "The Sins" was on the back, that would make it so much better. But already, nice shirt!

Fermi83557

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fermi83557
Keyouse wrote:Dude, fix the box issue and I would totally buy that. Hands down!

yeah, I am not sure about how to do the box thing on the shirt.
help?

THANKS for the compliment though!
this is my first ever entry

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

fairly unimpressive entries so far, but this made me laugh. that is one bad squirrel!