dpiercy85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpiercy85

dropped to 14th on the reckoning... could it be? Nah.

Dariana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dariana

going to buy another one just to help keep it alive

mlindholm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlindholm

This shirt is like the Energizer bunny...195 weeks and STILL GOING. At this point, I'm a little surprised I haven't seen one offline yet.

Bah! FedEx, why must you tease me so??

tchiseen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchiseen

I'm buying one of these if it ever gets on for $10 again....

-=<0.0>=-

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
tchiseen wrote:I'm buying one of these if it ever gets on for $10 again....

The discounted $10 price is only on the day the shirt debuts ... which in this case, was almost 4 years ago.

All shirts revert to the regular $15 price afterwards.

stream84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stream84

My friend loves this poem. I got her this shirt for christmas this year and she loved it!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I bought one of these just to keep it in the race for 2 more weeks.

xerm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xerm

Nah, they've done deals where the reckoning tees are $10 again... & I'm still kicking myself for not taking advantage of it on this one.
--->
The discounted $10 price is only on the day the shirt debuts ... which in this case, was almost 4 years ago.

mattkronk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mattkronk
xerm wrote:Nah, they've done deals where the reckoning tees are $10 again... & I'm still kicking myself for not taking advantage of it on this one.
--->

On some Woot-Off days they have sold the reckoning shirts for $12.00, usually around lunch time, and only for an hour.

wojorider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wojorider
hockeyham wrote:I must admit I am disappointed in the fact that the color washes out and you can't tell it's a bird after it's been washed. Perhaps a lighter background to contrast the two might be in order.

It's still a cool design. One of my favs.

Agreed, Don't know if they change the color, but at even 5 feet the design disappears. REally wish theywould issue this in a lighter color

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames

So any special celebrations planned for hitting 200 weeks? Maybe a special printed-on-gold edition?

Osmo250

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Osmo250

i honestly never thought i would see the day that this shirt was put on the reckoning...

davidpfried

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidpfried

Happy week 200!

peacevalley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peacevalley
gjames wrote:So any special celebrations planned for hitting 200 weeks? Maybe a special printed-on-gold edition?

Great idea, black on gold would be awesome. Or black on white could be awesome er. Congrats, haxrox on 200 WEEKS!

88fingerz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 88fingerz

I would love to see this on a hoodie, personally.

Draakan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draakan

I just refuse to believe that woot would get rid of this shirt. It is the longest lived and one of the most loved shirts they have put out. I would hate to test them on it though.

Narfcake

88fingerz wrote:I would love to see this on a hoodie, personally.

You missed out on all the alternate offerings already.

Nevermore Tote
Nevermore Hoodie
Nevermore Long-Sleeve Tee
Nevermore Zip-Up Hoodie

I have the (readable) pullover hoodie and the (unreadable) shirt.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
88fingerz wrote:I would love to see this on a hoodie, personally.

Where were you when the Nevermore hoodie was on sale?

edit ^ nevermind (thanks for the other links Narf)

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

tickleth1selmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tickleth1selmo

I just got it and apparently it was the last one! "User to blame for sellout: tickleth1selmo"

systemerror

quality posts: 0 Private Messages systemerror

20th in reckoning ....

Watch out.

plasmacutter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmacutter

shirt has been on the site too long at this point, it's had its run.

can't believe the caffeine powerup and unstealthiest ninja fell while this uninspired dreck is left on the site for 201+ weeks.

It's time for it to go. Black text on black background, generic morbid crow, the most over-read poem from middle-school literature.

Can we get something more inspired to take its place already?

weirderraindrop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirderraindrop
plasmacutter wrote:shirt has been on the site too long at this point, it's had its run.

can't believe the caffeine powerup and unstealthiest ninja fell while this uninspired dreck is left on the site for 201+ weeks.

It's time for it to go. Black text on black background, generic morbid crow, the most over-read poem from middle-school literature.

My thoughts exactly. ;(

armstrze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armstrze

I'd love to see this shirt sold on Woot permanently... when I think of shirt.woot i think of this design :/

bardiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bardiel

First shirt I ever bought on woot... considering getting another few to keep it here too!

michaelsalley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelsalley

I agree with "armstrze" and others... this one has become so permanent a fixture I hate to see it leave. In my mind it has sort of become a shirt.woot mascot; it seems depressingly ignominious for it to just die off like everything else eventually. Then again, the concept itself is depressing, so maybe it's poetic justice.

Anybody remember the "Raven for Computers" that circulated several years ago around the Internet? "Once upon a midnight dreary, fingers cramped and vision bleary, wasted paper piled high and system manuals on the floor; longing for the warmth of bedsheets, still I sat there doing spreadsheets..." and so on and so forth, and the punchline was "Abort, retry, ignore"? That one should come back as the sequel shirt.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
weirderraindrop wrote:My thoughts exactly. ;(

Yeah but the shirt is still getting sales. It appears that the community as a whole wants it to stay and keep buying it so it does. It is voting with wallets and the wallets are saying the shirt stays.

HarveyScorp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarveyScorp

This was my first shirt. I love checking to see where it is ranked. I would hate to see it go. I was in for the debut on woot.shirt, now I'm in for one more for maybe it's last. I agree it is like the mascot.

Come on you know you want it!

sgthobbes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgthobbes

I thing this shirt deserves to start ots own place in the reckoning. A hall of fame of sorts for shirts that stay on the charts for 3+ years. And the design will stay avaliable UNTILL THE END OF TIME (i mean it will be any ways) that way more spots will open up for great shirts to be saved on the charts

brankitteh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brankitteh
michaelsalley wrote:I agree with "armstrze" and others... this one has become so permanent a fixture I hate to see it leave. In my mind it has sort of become a shirt.woot mascot; it seems depressingly ignominious for it to just die off like everything else eventually. Then again, the concept itself is depressing, so maybe it's poetic justice.

Anybody remember the "Raven for Computers" that circulated several years ago around the Internet? "Once upon a midnight dreary, fingers cramped and vision bleary, wasted paper piled high and system manuals on the floor; longing for the warmth of bedsheets, still I sat there doing spreadsheets..." and so on and so forth, and the punchline was "Abort, retry, ignore"? That one should come back as the sequel shirt.

I would buy this.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caramelarrow

Ordered one before they switch the blanks. Live on, Raven!

gogotw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gogotw

Part of why this has lasted so long might be that new people discover this website all the time. It's not as if everyone who visits this website has been here since its origin. I don't know why I haven't gotten this yet, since I know I'll get it for my husband sometime.

wootieman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootieman

I bought a couple of these when it first debuted. Now that the movie is being released on April 27th, I might have to get a fresh one to wear on opening weekend!

Check out the trailers on IMDb!

Should be a surge through the rankings soon...

mgriggs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mgriggs

Three more weeks and it'll have been on the charts for four years!

My Collection of crap:
Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11 Burgandy Olfactory Center 3/9/11 RC 10/21/10

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

I hate this shirt. I wish it would go away already. Is this like one of those American Idol jokes where they vote for the worst shirt? Because this one is ugly and boring.

Dualll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dualll

^I agree.

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake
plasmacutter wrote:shirt has been on the site too long at this point, it's had its run.

You read my mind. I check to see if this thing is dead every week. (And yet somehow It Came Out of Nowhere has passed)

Narfcake

Ummm ... you folks do realize that the more you rant about it, the better the odds of its continued existence in the reckoning, right?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Narfcake wrote:Ummm ... you folks do realize that the more you rant about it, the better the odds of its continued existence in the reckoning, right?

Too much logic! Nooooo!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

I wanted this when it first came out and always forget about it for some reason.

It's a classic design imho and the only thing keeping me from buying now is the fact I can't see the design image in the picture.

I remember this as being a very light grey with solid black writing - was I wrong?

brankitteh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brankitteh
Gnomercy wrote:I wanted this when it first came out and always forget about it for some reason.

It's a classic design imho and the only thing keeping me from buying now is the fact I can't see the design image in the picture.

I remember this as being a very light grey with solid black writing - was I wrong?

I did buy this one, and it is much easier to see the design in person. It winds up being a very nice warm deep gray with clear black writing. Easy to dress up with a nice necklace or bracelet too.