itsybitsyemu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsybitsyemu

...into the danger zone.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I bought one of these in Feb to save it last time, I'm willing to do it again. we're only 2 weeks (and a day) away from this shirt turning four years old. Can we at least let this shirt live to see the age of four?

If woot doesn't do a discounted shirt.woot break it's hopeless... *crossing my fingers on a discount shirt lunch break*

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake
CowboyDann wrote:If woot doesn't do a discounted shirt.woot break it's hopeless... *crossing my fingers on a discount shirt lunch break*

Sales during the woot-off hour doesn't count towards its ranking.

CowboyDann

Narfcake wrote:Sales during the woot-off hour doesn't count towards its ranking.

Oh shoot, thanks for the heads up, I'll wait till after to buy my shirt then :P

swissmr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages swissmr

wow its been a long time coming....i just hoped I'd never see the day...gulp.

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer

Finger on the trigger...finger on the trigger....

And I never even liked the shirt. I just like tradition.

naecroknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naecroknight

I may just have to buy one of these this week to help keep it alive

somwatstrange

quality posts: 2 Private Messages somwatstrange

This was among the first shirts I bought and quite frankly, I kinda wish I hadn't because it's so unreadable. I can understand the whole "tradition" thing and whatnot but why not just finally let it go and see some other creations wander into the "longest surviving" spot.
I'm also ready for the binge to disappear.

I had something to say, but I seem to have forgotten it.

CowboyDann

somwatstrange wrote:This was among the first shirts I bought and quite frankly, I kinda wish I hadn't because it's so unreadable. I can understand the whole "tradition" thing and whatnot but why not just finally let it go and see some other creations wander into the "longest surviving" spot.
I'm also ready for the binge to disappear.

All I want is 2 more weeks and 3 days

amandanielsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amandanielsen

I still don't know why this (or The Binge) are so popular.

I agree that perhaps after a certain amount of time or number of sales designs should be moved to a different area, run "hall of fame" area and let the Reckoning be the battle it should be, not clogged with a few iconic shirts bumping out some new ones that may have some time left in their run.

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
amandanielsen wrote:I still don't know why this (or The Binge) are so popular.

I agree that perhaps after a certain amount of time or number of sales designs should be moved to a different area, run "hall of fame" area and let the Reckoning be the battle it should be, not clogged with a few iconic shirts bumping out some new ones that may have some time left in their run.

two shirts is hardly a clog

itsybitsyemu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsybitsyemu
itsybitsyemu wrote:...into the danger zone.

...and back to number 20.
heh.
so, I have never bought one, but I got one for Christmas. I love it, but it's not worn out enough to justify getting another.
and I don't have money to spend, anyway.
but I do hope it makes it to its fourth anniversary.

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

Just bought one finally. I've been meaning to for several years now. But I've always had this strange sense that it would be around forever and I would always have the chance. Well, at least I have a job and money to blow now, even if I hardly ever wear T-shirts anymore...

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

newfymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfymom

While I pondered on which to buy, I saw a raven with a tear in his eye. He said, "I am close to the reckoning, Oh! hear my crow!" So I clicked and I bought to save Nevermore!

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

I bought! I could not resist nor risk it bwing gone.

gameguy521

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gameguy521

If I'm not mistaken... if all the shirts sold (47136) for $15 then we would have spent $707,040.00 on this shirt alone... Cheese and rice...

mmaples

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmaples

I want to order one, but they are still selling it on the old blanks. I want it on the Anvil Womens large.

Any chances of that happening?

drshemptastic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drshemptastic

Congratulations on four years!

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi

Happy Birthday Nevermore!

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

4 years! I know this isn’t the place for personal stories or serious stuff, but I’ll let the moderators make the call.

Four years ago today I was on a camping trip when my parents called to excitedly tell me that Nevermore had been printed, my first woot success after many attempts. Three hours later, they called again from a hospital, sobbing. My dad had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and had a few months to live. My wife and I immediately quit our jobs and moved back across the country to be with my family. My dad was always a numbers guy, and he distracted himself almost hourly by checking on Nevermore’s sales numbers, giving us regular updates on daily sales rates and trends. He was also lucid enough to celebrate my next print two months later, but not my third one. My wife and I were doing our best to emotionally support both our families through the cancer and some other issues, but it didn’t leave us time or energy to find work again. When our savings ran out, we literally lived off of the sales of Nevermore. As I see it, that’s a gift from God (I know the perceived irony, please take the debate elsewhere). I’m not an artist, and usually my designs do miserably. Even in that Text as Art derby, I spent all night on an entry that got 17 total votes, but made Nevermore in an hour. Since then, Woot has sold it as a tote bag, long sleeve shirt, and two kinds of hoodies. There’s an Old Testament prophet named Elijah, and the Bible records a rough time in his life where he had to hide in the wilderness during a famine. Elijah had no food and wasn’t a hunter, but God sent ravens to feed him every day (1 Kings 17). My wife and I half-joke that we are fed by Ravens. Nevermore is a crazy, bittersweet reminder of blessings and tragedy for me, it was an afterthought design that has become a significant factor in my life. Other than my wedding ring, there’s not a single item I own with as much emotion attached to it as this shirt; I tried it on when it came and haven’t worn it since. But I love that my friends and family wear it like some kind of family crest.

I understand that my relatives buy Nevermore to support me, creatively and financially. But I can only appreciatively marvel that ten of thousands of wooters also bought one. So thanks, wooters, for your purchases these four years, and thanks Woot, for being my Prints Charming.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
haxrox wrote:4 years! I know this isn’t the place for personal stories or serious stuff, but....

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It's quite a powerful one. May you and your family continue to enjoy the unexpected blessings of life!

I love my shirt. I wish I had gotten the long sleeve or hoodie and I will if they are ever offered again. Knowing the "back story" makes me want them even more.

Happy 4th Birthday NEVERMORE!!! May you always live on (and be for sale) in the Hamper of Fame!!!!!!

07/11/14

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

Happy 4th Birthday Nevermore! It really does seem like divine intervention. Thanks for sharing your story.

frangomint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frangomint

Thank you for sharing your own story. I will continue to carry my tote and wear all my Raven shirts with the reminder of God's loving provision.

newfymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfymom

I love my shirt and love the idea of supporting people around the world from all walks of life. I'd buy more if I could. Congrats on your 4 years. Well deserved!

AllyRX7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AllyRX7

Happy 4 year anniversary! 208 week this week!

dfunk29

quality posts: 50 Private Messages dfunk29

Happy 4th anniversary Nevermore, it was the first shirt I ever purchased on shirt.woot and I still love it. Looks like it's time to but another with it nearing the dreaded Anvil stages. After reading your story, it'll be a pleasure to spend another $15 if it helped you out in a time of need. Thanks for a great shirt and sharing your story with us.

rflashman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rflashman

Got the wrong shirt, joy.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
rflashman wrote:Got the wrong shirt, joy.

Oh no! Please contact service@woot.com and let them know of your issue.

I'm just hanging out, really.

shf335

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shf335

I waited waaaay too long to get this. MINE NOW THOUGH!

highone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highone

Cool.

Happy belated 4th birthday.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke

Amazing story of His work in your life! Thank you for sharing

I have always been on the border with this shirt, but your story pushed me over the edge to buy one.

stephenjacobhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenjacobhall

I never found the design all that appealing but in the midst of all the Star Wars, Turtles, and Zombies it has continued to shine. Finally purchased one this morning. I hope more shirts of the same caliber come in the future!

xerm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xerm

I've always loved this shirt, but kept telling myself I just didn't need another t... then I couldn't resist when it was up on the wootoff again, so I took the bait. While I still love the design (even though the contrast of black on grey is minimal), I was quite bummed to discover that their shirt sizing has changed-- my new shirt is HUGE compared to the old style on ladies shirts. Very sad...

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
xerm wrote:I've always loved this shirt, but kept telling myself I just didn't need another t... then I couldn't resist when it was up on the wootoff again, so I took the bait. While I still love the design (even though the contrast of black on grey is minimal), I was quite bummed to discover that their shirt sizing has changed-- my new shirt is HUGE compared to the old style on ladies shirts. Very sad...

My girlfriend was also quite disappointed when her usual WM arrived and was about as wide as my ML. These new sizes certainly favor the more "huggable" lasses.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler
haxrox wrote:4 years!

Great story! Bought one of these way back when for an English-major gf and she loooved it.

Still a great shirt Haxrox!

janineandscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janineandscott

My son's marching band is doing a show next year based on Poe's Raven...finally getting this for him as a congrats gift for making dum major! Go Avon Grove!

baslyons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baslyons

I love the design and didn't want to risk not being able to buy it before it was gone, so I finally ordered it at the last woot-off. I just got it yesterday, and I'm kind of disappointed. The color of the shirt is so much darker than in the picture. It's almost impossible to really see any of it.

dehn0007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dehn0007

Bought this for my son who loves Poe. It's a great idea but there is no contrast between the shirt and the print so it's impossible to read the poem unless you are 6 inches away. Very disappointing. He decided it was cool enough to wear anyway, but he has to tell people what it says. Fail.

lechonbaka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lechonbaka

yes please!

alazzar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alazzar

There really should be a warning on this shirt's page about how the product won't match the picture. I'd long admired this shirt (though had never purchased anything on Woot), and I finally decided to get it a few weeks ago when Nevermore was close to being reckoned.

I was sad to find that it's pretty much just a grey shirt. If you squint and the lighting is *just right*, you might be able to tell that there's a bird on it, but you've got virtually no chance of reading the text.

The contrast is awful (or, rather, nonexistent), which is a shame, because the design is incredible.

Kinda sucks that this was my first Woot purchase; it makes me hesitant to try again in the future.