bart229

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bart229

Add me to the list of disappointed folks. Got this as a Christmas gift for my niece, who for some unknown reason decided to memorize this poem. I almost can't give this to her, the quality is so horrible. I've gotten many Woot shirts in the past and this is the only one I wish I hadn't bought.

RavageVJS2D

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RavageVJS2D

I agree with the last few folks. The text is almost just as dark as the shirt and it is very hard to see.

lscherschel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lscherschel

I agree that the text is difficult to read at times and it would be great if woot fixed the issue of print/shirt color. However, do you wear your shirts for you or for someone else? If you know it is there and what is says, what does it matter?

bart229

I wear t-shirts for myself AND for others. When I look at other people's shirts, it tells me something about them - their sense of humor, their taste in art, their politics, etc. Certainly people, should they look at what I wear, can come to some conclusions about me. So yes, it does matter.

ancyker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ancyker
bart229 wrote:I wear t-shirts for myself AND for others. When I look at other people's shirts, it tells me something about them - their sense of humor, their taste in art, their politics, etc. Certainly people, should they look at what I wear, can come to some conclusions about me. So yes, it does matter.

This shirt tells the world: There might be something on my shirt, there might not, what do you think?

bart229

ancyker wrote:This shirt tells the world: There might be something on my shirt, there might not, what do you think?

I think you have missed your calling if you are not in Marketing. Bravo!

moldiemom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moldiemom

Debating whether bleaching the shirt would help with the contrast issue. Has anyone had any luck? Also thought about using a Clorox bleach pen to outline the raven.

jeanettelouise03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeanettelouise03

I was SO excited for this shirt. I had my eye on it literally for years. When I finally got around to ordering it, I was waiting not-very-patiently for it to come. Then it arrived and I immediately threw it in the wash. I guess I didn't get a good look at it before I did so, because now I CAN'T READ THE WORDS AT ALL. The shirt is so dark and the text is half a shade darker, so I might as well be wearing a solid grey shirt. Woot, you have seriously disappointed me.

Lotus M50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lotus M50

Will also agree with these comment that the short is very difficult to read -- the shirt color is too dark for the black text -- and to be sure this is a shirt the wants to be read. It's hard to even see at times the fact that the text is in the shape of a raven.

demoser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages demoser

I'm new to shirt woot. I spotted this shirt and bought it for my sister as a bday gift -- my FIRST shirt from shirt woot. I'm so disappointed by it -- the shirt is such a dark gray that I can barely read the black text of the poem. I should have read the most recent comments/complaints as opposed to the oldest on page 1. That will teach me. Can I return it?

setheriah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages setheriah

I love Poe so I got this shirt in the last wootoff, but when I got the shirt I wasn't very happy. The color of the shirt in person is way too dark. You can not even tell there is anything on it from more than about 5 feet away. The image online has a shirt that is much lighter grey. Would have been one of my favorite shirts if I could even make out the depiction.

idjk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages idjk

I bought 1 to wear on my last day of work- later this year when I retire. While I don't normally like light grey, I wish the contrast was greater to make the statement stronger- I'm thinking of over stitching "nevermore" in red .

smellyfis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smellyfis

Weeks on derby is now greater than max of 8-bits unsigned. congratulations!

Jjona5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jjona5

Funny story about this shirt. When it first came on woot I looked at it a few times trying to decide if I wanted to buy it. A few weeks later I received two in the mail. One of my friends and my dad bought them knowing I would like it. I wear one in Afghanistan when I do crossfit and the other is back home.

jstiles85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstiles85
Narfcake wrote:They changed suppliers (from American Apparel, made in the USA to Anvil, made in Honduras or Nicaragua), so the "asphalt" shirts nowadays are actually charcoal. Here's a comparison against my old worn one ...

Not that the old ones were issue free, as you can see ... the printing faded on them, so after a few washes, it too looked just a gray shirt.

I'll probably end up running the new shirt through little bleach in the wash ... DIY "slate" shirt, if you will.

Well crap. I ordered this when it was new, but mine has become a bit worn out through many washes, and I've lost some weight so it's too big. I was going to order a replacement, I don't think I will now. Thanks for the info.

gtmaster1ike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtmaster1ike

Where am I ?

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

I have always hated this shirt from the get go. I have no idea why it's so popular. Besides, who wants to wear a shirt 54,000 other people have. What are you guys going to become like Jeep owners? Nothing more annoying than driving in my friends vehicle and you are "REQUIRED" to wave at other Jeep owners? What the heck is that crap.

tedwow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tedwow

Happy 5th anniversary! Long live the king!

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Thanks for keeping the Raven around! I think the traditional 5 year anniversary gift is wood, but here's a poem instead:

Once upon an old computer, while I mused; a shirt.wooter
Contemplating Text as Art and laying out my evening's chore.
All that night I set to inking (as my time 'til work was shrinking)
A design that I was thinking, possibly could have allure.
"Will this get the votes," I wondered, "Votes sufficient to secure
A derby ranking above four?"

Successfully my sleep was thwarted, every stroke and line recorded
PNGs had been exported, thumbnail beckoning, "See more!"
On a whim I'd also placed, a poem on screen, by copy/paste
And after several minutes spaced and culled the words I could ignore
It couldn't hurt to upload more than one submission for a score
That was all five years before...

krausiepoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krausiepoo

I loved this shirt, I didn't love that it faded after about two washes. It's just a grey shirt now.

traewatkins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages traewatkins

5 years is enough ...

either fix the problems with the new shirt or retire it.

Whoever keeps buying it ... STOP

yrbirthrite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yrbirthrite

I love your shirt on the website, the trouble is that when we received it in the mail, you can't see the Raven because it is the same color as the shirt. It looks like a light grey on the web...so the great print and all it says can't be seen on ours. We are disappointed because we love what we see on woot.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Mark my words i will be responsible for killing this shirt one day.

moldiemom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moldiemom

Finally got around to bleaching the shirt. I went with the suggestion I saw on an earlier post where they put bleach in a spray bottle. I sprayed the living daylights out of the shirt; it brought tears to my eyes, too. It is now sort of tan/mottled purple and I can read the words. I like it better.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

So sorry to see Nevermore drop from out form the Top 20 !!!

Print it on a light grey so that the design is more easily viewed and I'll buy more!

jcharpentier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcharpentier

Wow, it's the end of an era...

tberry81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tberry81

I almost want to buy a another shirt to keep it in the top 20. I've already bought two because I wore the first t-shirt too many times.

hikerjohnd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hikerjohnd

Sad... I've bought two and the totebag for me and one shirt for a friend. I don't want to live in a world where Nevermore isn't in the top 20 anymore!!! Ok - I'll live, but I don't have to like it!

kpbrnemtp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpbrnemtp

Tragic. Hope they have a "Design Spotlight" on this one to commemorate the end of an era. Besides, I missed the "5th Birthday" opportunity to buy the remix on slate...and my son wants a pullover hoodie...

caramelarrow

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caramelarrow

So sad to see Nevermore at #21 and leaving us tonight. End of an era. The Reckoning will never be the same.

Woot needs to have a special sale with Nevermore on all sorts of items and, like they've done with some other designs, put it on some different colors (purple would be awesome!).

Farewell, bird of fame, and thanks for all the fun!

07/11/14

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Thanks for the amazing run, Woot and wooters! Shout out to Barbara Rutledge, Joel Lewis, and Travis Gentry for all the great things they do, including being super helpful when I forget to use coupon codes, email stuff from the wrong address, and upload derby entries with incompatible file types.

RikkiB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RikkiB

Congrats Haxrox, your reign has been epic.

haxrox wrote:Thanks for the amazing run, Woot and wooters! Shout out to Barbara Rutledge, Joel Lewis, and Travis Gentry for all the great things they do, including being super helpful when I forget to use coupon codes, email stuff from the wrong address, and upload derby entries with incompatible file types.

abramsx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abramsx

Wow, just wow. I haven't been coming around here as often as I should. I almost feel sad I missed it's final week. Regardless it had a good run. Cheers, haxrox!

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
CowboyDann wrote:Mark my words i will be responsible for killing this shirt one day.

Well, well. It seems the world of Woot shall underestimate you no longer!!!

abeandchris

quality posts: 7 Private Messages abeandchris

Just taking a stroll around the Top 20 page for the first time in months, and looked down the Bragging Rights column. Then noticed the Hamper of Fame, and saw The Binge, as usual, Best Seller. And Longest Survivor.

Wait, what?

And then I came here.

Been a Wooter since Woot was merely Woot ('05), and somehow *gasp* never bought Nevermore. (Great design, just not a big T-shirt wearer.) Still, to see it off the Top 20 page? It isn't hyperbole to call it The End of An Era. Almost more bummed about this than I was a couple years ago when I received a Sport.Woot order and learned it had been fulfilled by someone other than Woot Proper.

Just for posterity...what were the stats on the run? When did it begin and end, how many shirts sold, when was it's peak, yada yada. Nevermore was born in....'07, wasn't it? During the first 6 months or so of Shirt.Woot? Shoot, it's been around so long, I don't even think of it in terms of time. It's just always been here.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
tigerfish313 wrote:Well, well. It seems the world of Woot shall underestimate you no longer!!!

I wasn't responsible though :c I just found out it was gone today. The plan was to buy 5 shirts of whatever was at 21 the day before and I just forgot to check the reckoning this week. I'm glad to see it didn't need my help though Maybe I can help kill the binge someday many years from now.

Don't get me wrong, I've liked the shirt and bought it twice, but it's been long enough and I doubt there will be a shirt that can survive just as long as this one had. It's truly remarkable but the way it's been printing lately is sort of disappointing. (Besides, It's not really gone forever anyways)

tl;dr: It's amazing the shirt has been around so long but i'm also glad to see it gone.

karire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karire

The concept on the site was fantastic, but the printing execution is just terrible. I spent a week looking forward to wearing this shirt out only to find the shirt is far too dark to even see the lettering. This is the first time I'm disappointed in a woot shirt.
I highly recommend to anyone not to waste your money on this design until they sort out their printing issue. If they ever do...
I need to figure out if it's viable to return it now.

clbish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clbish

I ordered 2 of these years ago and they were great. The last one I ordered a few days ago, and you could not even make out the writing because there was not enough contrast. Is there anyway for them to have that bit of info and darken up the ink?

Never mind - Reading is fundamental!

AFilippello

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AFilippello

Got this shirt in a long-sleeve T as part of my Random 2...It's Black now, with Dark Grey printing. Still hard to make out though, if only because the printing is so small.

smmmmqog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smmmmqog

I have to add my complaint about the lack of contrast between shirt and print to the (long) list. And I am doubly devastated because it was purchased as a gift for someone rather important. Now I am left scrambling to buy him something else because I can't exactly give him a shirt and say "Happy Birthday, I got you this shirt... I know you can't really read it but you'll just have to trust me, it's pretty cool."

Honestly I am shocked that after so long and so many complaints there has been no change. Is it really that difficult to put it on a different color shirt? It pretty much spells out "we don't really care much about our customers" to me.