lintbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintbox
svengoolie wrote:I can't imagine someone wearing this or yesterday's shirt in public. This is about as Iame a shirt as I have ever seen.

i might have been able to pull this off ten yrs ago while i was still in college. but certainly will be too embarrassed to be seen in public with this now. anyway, congrats on the sell out, the kiddies are loving it..

forch4ever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forch4ever

coolest woot.shirt EVER!! I would have made my first woot purchase ever if it were still available.

blindcacophony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindcacophony

i'm getting this shirt because this is one of the few poems that actually scared me a bit in high school just reading it. i'd get goosebumps, and especially when my one of my fav teachers read it, he did it so well. it just reminds me of all of that, on top of it being a sweet design and a good read. thanks for the shirt! i got it in the first ten minutes and thought it was awesome. congrats to the artist.

tirminyl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tirminyl

I agree. It's just funny watching people get worked up. I wish I was able to catch this sale earlier. I really want this shirt.

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear

If I put this on upside down, would I be flippin the bird?

aringpingpong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aringpingpong

woohhooo got it for $5 more...
wish i had gotten it yesterday

KingLouie951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingLouie951

I love the idea and I've seen other artworks in a similar vein. Music lyrics on shirts in the shape of the band's logo. So I had to pick this one up. Sadly, I wasn't able to get online for the initial sell out. I don't mind paying the extra $5 though.

chivagris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chivagris

this is a dumb question, but where do i get the $15 second chance offer?

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

chivagris wrote:this is a dumb question, but where do i get the $15 second chance offer?

Only slightly dumb. At or near the first post is usually a Sad Rat post, which will have a link.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

noscetewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noscetewoot

I received my shirt about 5 minutes ago. While I still think it is great I wish the contrast between the text and shirt were greater. Here are some pics (Size L):

Azar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azar

I so want this shirt...it isn't offered in the next day sale thing.

It makes me want to cry.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
Azar wrote:I so want this shirt...it isn't offered in the next day sale thing.

It makes me want to cry.

Cheer up friend, here's the link.

nathangey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathangey

Har har har! almost in my grasp!

Tracking number
Ship date
Apr 8, 2008
Estimated delivery
Apr 9, 2008 by 3:00 PM

Reference
Purchase order number
23299101-XS0025
9-D1

Destination
None of your beeswax, GA
Service type
Standard Envelope
Weight
0.5 lbs.

Status
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

thoreaucleaning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thoreaucleaning
noscetewoot wrote:I received my shirt about 5 minutes ago. While I still think it is great I wish the contrast between the text and shirt were greater. Here are some pics (Size L):

I have to agree. I got my shirt and I'm disappointed in that the background color of the t-shirt is much darker than what was pictured on shirt.woot! You really can't make out the design at all. Still like the design though and I'll certainly wear the shirt.

mellian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mellian

Got my shirt and I'm so disappointed. It's barely visible in the asphalt shirt. I really wish Woot would do test runs and tell us that the design isn't going to show up against the shirt color. This one doesn't work at all.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mellian wrote:Got my shirt and I'm so disappointed. It's barely visible in the asphalt shirt. I really wish Woot would do test runs and tell us that the design isn't going to show up against the shirt color. This one doesn't work at all.

We as wooters and designers have told people as much in the forums before, but once the wooters vote up a shirt, woot prints it. This week's Human Genome Project shirt will be the same if it gets printed.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Wizkid82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizkid82

SO Woot sent me a confirmation email with the tracking info and when I go to track my shirt it comes back with "Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct."

This is the second shirt that I have "bought" where this has happened. When I contacted WootService they said the size (L) was out of stock. So far all I have is $30 less in the 'ol bank account and phony tracking numbers. GRRRR.

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona

mellian wrote:Got my shirt and I'm so disappointed. It's barely visible in the asphalt shirt. I really wish Woot would do test runs and tell us that the design isn't going to show up against the shirt color. This one doesn't work at all.

superspryte wrote:We as wooters and designers have told people as much in the forums before, but once the wooters vote up a shirt, woot prints it. This week's Human Genome Project shirt will be the same if it gets printed.

I've ordered several different shirts at the same time and they don't always look the same. This shirt looks like it has a big greasy stain on the front. I was way disappointed.

joefa88

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joefa88

so i got a surprise in the mail today...this shirt. I never ordered it, or even thought about ordering it. But, I got it...in L. So, just don't know what happened, was never charged or anything. Has this happened to anyone?

Don't let internet radio die, email your senator TODAY!
random crazies = work on a more appropriate blog name

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth

I totally agree about the contrast issue. People have to get really close to me to notice the design at all. Very disappointing because it's such a great design.

jdgoldenusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdgoldenusa

I ordered one on the 23rd with overnight shipping and have yet to receive it.

nickleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickleen
jdgoldenusa wrote:I ordered one on the 23rd with overnight shipping and have yet to receive it.

I ordered one a while back and it still hasn't shipped!

renae78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renae78

I too have not received my order for this shirt, which was processed on 4/22/08. I have a tracking number, but that number is not found. Mods...please provide an update...why are we not getting our shirts?

naenae

ktjensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktjensen

If anyone would like a Womens medium of this shirt then please let me know. Send an email to ktjensen(at)yahoo(dot)com as I got the wrong size.

nickleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickleen
renae78 wrote:I too have not received my order for this shirt, which was processed on 4/22/08. I have a tracking number, but that number is not found. Mods...please provide an update...why are we not getting our shirts?

Mine was processed on the 23rd. One email from Woot said that these shirts were delayed while they printed more. A second email a few days later said the package must have been lost in transit. No info on the tracking number either, not even a pick-up scan!

nintapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nintapple

first woot.

haxrox

Just got mine, and I'm genuinely pleased with the result. Maybe some of the prints vary, but the text stood out well and the size was great. The shirt I'm wearing was a wee bit too tight (men's small) and the photo kinda grainy (camera phone) and my arms quite hairy (full moon), but it's good stuff:

prettynerdy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prettynerdy

Your arms really are hairy...

NickyD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NickyD

I ordered this shirt on 6/15 and it said it shipped on 6/17 but I haven't gotten the shirt yet and the smart tracker only says that it shipped from texas on 6/17. There is no other information on it. Has this happened to anbody else or is there a reason I didn't get my shirt??

fanis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fanis

I ordered this shirt last Friday. I got a package from WOOT in the mail today. But they sent me this: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=6035 . Send me my RAVEN woot.

zach99998

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zach99998

this actually fades pretty quickly and is now very hard to read

Xijar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xijar
zach99998 wrote:this actually fades pretty quickly and is now very hard to read

Mine did pretty fast too only after a couple light washes and low dryings. I just keep it in the closet now because I'm too scared to hurt it more. Lesson learned on buying shirts with too fine of detail.

Woots wooted: 5 - Shirts wooted: 17 + 6 Randoms

vickientx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vickientx

my first wOOt purchase!

pyro42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyro42

smartpost is pretty impressive.. i live about 2 hours from the texas border into colorado.

October 2, 2008 8:41 AM Sortation Center Departure MARTINSBURG, WV
September 27, 2008 10:23 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
September 26, 2008 4:10 PM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
September 25, 2008 1:54 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX

and yesterday it said it was in utah...

it went from denver.. 207 mi – about 3 hours 34 mins from my house
to Wamrtinsburg. WV... 1,523 mi – about 23 hours 52 mins from my house

whats next.. CA? and i mean either canada or california at this point >.<

llo

zestycoyote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zestycoyote

I love this shirt. First time I have ever paid extra for a reprint.

haxrox

zestycoyote wrote:I love this shirt. First time I have ever paid extra for a reprint.

Whoa, thanks zesty!

SharonSSF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SharonSSF

If only they would reprint it with different colors so the words would stand out more...

imreader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imreader

One of my favorite shirts

petecadmus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petecadmus

Ouch, who deleted my question?
I just want to know if a raven or a crow was used for this outline? Ravens have a more rounded shaped tail and crows more boxy. I am sure to you english majors a Corvid is a Corvid... But we non-fiction readers could say the same about spelling and punctuation.

haxrox

petecadmus wrote:Ouch, who deleted my question?
I just want to know if a raven or a crow was used for this outline? Ravens have a more rounded shaped tail and crows more boxy. I am sure to you english majors a Corvid is a Corvid... But we non-fiction readers could say the same about spelling and punctuation.

My reference photos were ravens, but I did lengthen the tail to fit in the whole last stanza. The boxy look may be from the text's alignment on a straight line. You have quite an eye for avian detail; are you perchance a member of the Audubon Society?