palookaboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy

Can someone clear this up for me... is this still in the reckoning because people keep buying it or because nobody is buying it? I'm confused and embarrassed to be so confused.

blackbirdshadow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackbirdshadow
palookaboy wrote:Can someone clear this up for me... is this still in the reckoning because people keep buying it or because nobody is buying it? I'm confused and embarrassed to be so confused.



I can't imagine that THAT many people are buying this shirt.

tennisplayer121


quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

.

Last Post

hooliya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hooliya

Just purchase this for my brother-in-law who's a huge Poe fan. He's totally going to love it. Thanks, Woot! Awesome effin' shirt!

njbhatt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages njbhatt

Today is business day 5 since my purchase. Do the shirts generally ship out before now, or at this time/afterish?

mdeancherry


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdeancherry
palookaboy wrote:Can someone clear this up for me... is this still in the reckoning because people keep buying it or because nobody is buying it? I'm confused and embarrassed to be so confused.



People have to keep buying it for it to stay in the Reckoning this long.

getshighoncocacola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages getshighoncocacola

Yess! I actually made a woot account just to buy this shirt (I have since stuck around to vote and hope and get online at midnight and shed bitter tears of agony at my favorite designs not winning and all that good stuff) and it finally arrived today! (Okay, okay, actually it arrived yesterday or the day before and I didn't get a chance to comment until now, but hush)

Not having purchased a woot shirt before, I wasn't sure how it would look or how the sizing would be, even though I measured myself very carefully before ordering, but I am happy to say it is one of the comfiest shirts I have ever owned, fits perfectly and looks absolutely lovely. I am 100% happy with this shirt, so thank you haxrox and woot staff for an excellent design I'll be proud to wear and a very comfy shirt. :D

All of this means that I will be much less hesitant parting with my (very) meagre cash in future. Really looking forward to this weekend's shirts.

So yeah. Just my happy squeeing. I'll move along now and you're welcome for the two dollars, haxrox. ;)

"No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on the proper occasions."~Henry Ward Beecher

njbhatt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages njbhatt

Hey,
If you don't mind me asking, when did you buy yours and how long before you actually got it? Cuz I bought this shirt for a friend's birthday thursday 2/14 but they still haven't even shipped it.

Thanks

getshighoncocacola wrote:Yess! I actually made a woot account just to buy this shirt (I have since stuck around to vote and hope and get online at midnight and shed bitter tears of agony at my favorite designs not winning and all that good stuff) and it finally arrived today! (Okay, okay, actually it arrived yesterday or the day before and I didn't get a chance to comment until now, but hush)

Not having purchased a woot shirt before, I wasn't sure how it would look or how the sizing would be, even though I measured myself very carefully before ordering, but I am happy to say it is one of the comfiest shirts I have ever owned, fits perfectly and looks absolutely lovely. I am 100% happy with this shirt, so thank you haxrox and woot staff for an excellent design I'll be proud to wear and a very comfy shirt. :D

All of this means that I will be much less hesitant parting with my (very) meagre cash in future. Really looking forward to this weekend's shirts.

So yeah. Just my happy squeeing. I'll move along now and you're welcome for the two dollars, haxrox. ;)



jml326


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jml326
njbhatt wrote:Hey,
If you don't mind me asking, when did you buy yours and how long before you actually got it? Cuz I bought this shirt for a friend's birthday thursday 2/14 but they still haven't even shipped it.

Thanks



It can take up to 2 weeks to get shirts that are on reckoning. They may or may not have your shirt in size and have to have it printed. Also weather in some areas have slowed down shiping during the month of Feb.

surfacing


quality posts: 2 Private Messages surfacing

Woot shirts take quite a while to ship... but they send you tracking info when they leave the warehouse!

zzzaap


quality posts: 51 Private Messages zzzaap

Well, would you look at that! This design has almost reached it's 3rd year anniversary!

traewatkins


quality posts: 3 Private Messages traewatkins
zzzaap wrote:Well, would you look at that! This design has almost reached it's 3rd year anniversary!



Yea and they should retire it already

seanpsimmons


quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanpsimmons

Man. I'm ready for this one to disapear. Who is still buying these? It's been out there for 3 years. You would think that everyone who wanted one would have bought one by now. How has it managed to not have a bad week or two somewhere in all this time. You can't even read the words on the shirt once it's been washed a time or two.

mattkronk


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mattkronk
seanpsimmons wrote:Man. I'm ready for this one to disapear. Who is still buying these? It's been out there for 3 years. You would think that everyone who wanted one would have bought one by now. How has it managed to not have a bad week or two somewhere in all this time. You can't even read the words on the shirt once it's been washed a time or two.



Thats what's brilliant about it. It fades, but people like it, so they buy another.

ripprsoul


quality posts: 21 Private Messages ripprsoul
mattkronk wrote:Thats what's brilliant about it. It fades, but people like it, so they buy another.



Not me. I bought the other shirt from that Derby. Still a good Poe reference, without all the squinting.


UlygebL


quality posts: 0 Private Messages UlygebL

bought the shirt and I was disappointed because the raven can barely be seen. The font should have been bold and not thin... This would have made it much clearer. It almost just looks like a plain grey t shirt...

glazedfaith


quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith

I don't mean to be negative, but I absolutely HATE this shirt. It only stays up there because people like "poe-try", not because it is original, like most of the other shirts. I'm tired of seeing it, and quite a few good shirts have been reckoned out by one spot due to this shirt which I would easily expect to be in a pile under the super mario shirts at wal-mart.

TommyH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TommyH

Edgar Allan Poe: the original emo-kid. aww your girl left you, mr poe? you'll never find happiness again and everything reminds you of that? go cry in the corner

DANCING MONKEY!

toysinmyattic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toysinmyattic

Nevermore. Nevermore.

godmadesky


quality posts: 10 Private Messages godmadesky
traewatkins wrote:ok this shirt only sold 1 last week and is still on the top 20 ???? what gives it only went down 1 spot?

how do the rankings work...

If it is really selling this bad i am willing to bet it stays around till 156 weeks.



As seen on the Reckoning info page:

every Monday, we figure out which of our past shirts are selling the least (measured by post-launch sales per day over the last four weeks) and euthanize them
What are we holding on to, Sam?
That's there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

ethyne


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ethyne

Who is still buying this shirt? I think it's really cool, but I'm sick of seeing it every week.

zyphax


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyphax

Wow, I'm super impressed at the staying power of this shirt. I hope the creator has made tons of $$ from it.

otakuwind


quality posts: 0 Private Messages otakuwind

I just ordered my 3rd Nevermore.

I bought it when it first came out and I've kept wearing them out. I also noticed only 1 person bought one last week and felt I needed to show some raven love.

aliminx


quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliminx

Just ordered one, after SO many months of lusting after it.

And, WOW, it's kinda crazy how upset people get over this shirt! We get it - you don't like the shirt and you're bitter that it's still around. Move ON.

Atomicm0m


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Atomicm0m

Still love this shirt...

svengoolie


quality posts: 2 Private Messages svengoolie

Seriously I hated this shirt when it first showed up on the site. I don't know what it is, that people think they're being artistic by wearing this, but it's straight garbage. I have no idea how it can just stay around forever. The same goes for that In Harmony thing. What the hell is that? It looks like a $5 shirt from Target. I just don't get people.

llandar


quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
svengoolie wrote:I don't know what it is, that people think they're being artistic by wearing this



Every semester a new batch of freshmen English students discovers it.

eastcobbler


quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler
llandar wrote:Every semester a new batch of freshmen English students discovers it.



haha so true (i bought one for my English-major gf about a year ago!)

HarveyScorp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarveyScorp

Sweet, it is still here. I need a new one. Old one got tore up while working on a 54 mercury. Guess I should not wear my Woot shirts while being a weekend grease monkey.

In for one more!

psbrett


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psbrett

I'm tired of seeing this shirt in the reckoning. I get it, people like this shirt. But it's been over three years. It shouldn't just get retired (well I think it should but it clearly still sells).

I feel like if a shirt makes it a year (maybe two - depends on overall numbers) in reckoning, it should just get promoted into a hall of fame and be immune from reckoning. That way, other shirts are free to compete without those stubborn old shirts sticking around.

hoxe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoxe
psbrett wrote:I feel like if a shirt makes it a year (maybe two - depends on overall numbers) in reckoning, it should just get promoted into a hall of fame and be immune from reckoning. That way, other shirts are free to compete without those stubborn old shirts sticking around.



A very good idea, somebody poke the staff to consider this one.

Narfcake


quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

A few weeks ago, Nevermore was down to 17th place. Someone complained, and the sales shot up.

So keep the whining about it "being around for like eons and it should go". It'd give it a better shot of making it into year #4.

The way the reckoning works, if a shirt sells, it stays. If it doesn't, it goes. Not too hard to understand that concept.

weemdog


quality posts: 8 Private Messages weemdog

Just bought my second one for the wifey...hers is worn out because she wears it so much!

sunsetridge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunsetridge

The hall of fame idea is a great one, as long as the shirts remain for sale. It benefits everyone, more shirt choices and more sales for woot.
Also, now that there is a new lighter gray color, how about printing this image on slate or silver instead of asphalt?

Dose


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dose

This is a woot conspiracy. This shirt can not be purchased this often for so long. It is all a lie.

Bast


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bast

I finally laid down the cash to get this and I was surprisingly disappointed in it. The text seems so light against the shirt, you really can't read it. But I still like the idea of it, so guess I'll live.

w00ts: Too many to list - tired of the big sig.

smallville824


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

Bast wrote:I finally laid down the cash to get this and I was surprisingly disappointed in it. The text seems so light against the shirt, you really can't read it. But I still like the idea of it, so guess I'll live.



I'm sending you a private message. If you have any questions about any order, please contact us at service@woot.com.

bakbam


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bakbam
sunsetridge wrote:The hall of fame idea is a great one, as long as the shirts remain for sale. It benefits everyone, more shirt choices and more sales for woot.
Also, now that there is a new lighter gray color, how about printing this image on slate or silver instead of asphalt?



I would love this shirt on the silver...

chka1234


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chka1234

I FINALLY got this shirt. I think it's only because I see it every other day and didn't want to be too late.

Ryfiel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel
psbrett wrote:
I feel like if a shirt makes it a year (maybe two - depends on overall numbers) in reckoning, it should just get promoted into a hall of fame and be immune from reckoning.



If they ever did this I think Say No to Scurvy should be in that list.