theraven97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theraven97
Myztri wrote:I wanted this one so bad... I am happy I get it. Then again, I am a lit geek who has The Raven momorized. Yeah, the whole thing.

Me too haha

comistaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages comistaki

What is the material?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

comistaki wrote:What is the material?

If you click around the site just a little bit (like, oh, the FAQ at the bottom right of the page), you'll see that woot shirts are 100% cotton and made in America! Hope that helps whatever you were contemplating!

Jackemmenjaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jackemmenjaser

I still say someone is buying these shirts and selling them on the streets for profit.

mattkronk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mattkronk
TommyH wrote:Edgar Allan Poe: the original emo-kid. aww your girl left you, mr poe? you'll never find happiness again and everything reminds you of that? go cry in the corner

Actually his (Poe's) wife was dying of tuberculosis when he wrote "The Raven." This was his way of dealing with the immense sense of loss and hopelessness he was feeling at losing the love of his life to a terrible wasting disease, a disease that also claimed the lives of his mother and his adoptive mother as well.

Interestingly enough it was also his most popular poem, making him an overnight success, but unfortunately not making him much money.

islaslorax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages islaslorax

Everyone tries to read the whole thing (aka staring at my chest)... SCORE

ron76053

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ron76053

in for 1 and now the count is 40,000... i'm not positive i bought number 40,000 but that's going to be my story and i'm gonna stick to it

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?" - Ronald Reagan

mtsp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtsp

Nevermore? I'm just saying....

http://news.yahoo.com/money-woes-could-shutter-edgar-allan-poe-house-055509467.html?bouchon=511,dc

tasaint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tasaint

I think it is sad that today's generation will largely not recognize this. Not the quote. Not why it is in the shape of a raven.

Dariana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dariana

I love this shirt so much I bought two in case one is ruined

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Jackemmenjaser wrote:I still say someone is buying these shirts and selling them on the streets for profit.

Nah. My theory is they're hoarding them in a warehouse somewhere. Years from now their kids will get them in the estate, and wonder what the hell to do with them.

jvolinic

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jvolinic
seanpsimmons wrote:Man. I'm ready for this one to disapear. Who is still buying these? It's been out there for 3 years. You would think that everyone who wanted one would have bought one by now. How has it managed to not have a bad week or two somewhere in all this time. You can't even read the words on the shirt once it's been washed a time or two.

Seriously! I bought this when it first appeared and it's nearly impossible to tell that it's a bird on my shirt. Congrats to the creator, he/she must be very proud.

takensobackoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages takensobackoff

I swear this shirt is only kept around so that there is a shirt that has stayed in the reckoning for this long. Anyone think the same?

reparoby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reparoby

my all time favorite seem to be a lot of peoples all time favorite!

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

Met a girl in Chem I class at U Pitt... can't remember her name, but today she was the first to comment on one of my woot shirts (there's been at least three since term started, 5 actual lectures)... it was "Identity Code"... I was loathe to divulge my source (last thing I want is to turn around during lecture and see 50 out of the 220 kids wearing the same thing)... but I decided she was interesting... so I approach her with the web address in hand and lo and behold... she apparently knows the artist... something about her mom being friends with the spouse or something... anyhoo, it's small, small world... and it only pays to share the woot! She turned around and game me another beat on science-related t-shirts. Karma rocks!

P.S. there's a reason it's the longest survivor!

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll
ruthjhodsoll wrote:Met a girl in Chem I class at U Pitt... can't remember her name, but today she was the first to comment on one of my woot shirts (there's been at least three since term started, 5 actual lectures)... it was "Identity Code"... I was loathe to divulge my source (last thing I want is to turn around during lecture and see 50 out of the 220 kids wearing the same thing)... but I decided she was interesting... so I approach her with the web address in hand and lo and behold... she apparently knows the artist... something about her mom being friends with the spouse or something... anyhoo, it's small, small world... and it only pays to share the woot! She turned around and game me another beat on science-related t-shirts. Karma rocks!

the artist of nevermore that is, not identity code!

slaymaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaymaster
ruthjhodsoll wrote:Met a girl in Chem I class at U Pitt... can't remember her name, but today she was the first to comment on one of my woot shirts (there's been at least three since term started, 5 actual lectures)... it was "Identity Code"... I was loathe to divulge my source (last thing I want is to turn around during lecture and see 50 out of the 220 kids wearing the same thing)... but I decided she was interesting... so I approach her with the web address in hand and lo and behold... she apparently knows the artist... something about her mom being friends with the spouse or something... anyhoo, it's small, small world... and it only pays to share the woot! She turned around and game me another beat on science-related t-shirts. Karma rocks!

i've told a few people about shirt.woot and then i regret it because i don't want everyone having the same shirt or even really knowing that i got it from woot.... i like my shirts to be a mystery lol. Then again, i'm in australia so i don't know how many of my friends would buy from overseas.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
ruthjhodsoll wrote:the artist of nevermore that is, not identity code!

Thanks for spreading the joy, ruthj! Next chem class, tell Allegra I said hi.

-haxrox (Brian)

hockeyham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hockeyham

I must admit I am disappointed in the fact that the color washes out and you can't tell it's a bird after it's been washed. Perhaps a lighter background to contrast the two might be in order.

It's still a cool design. One of my favs.

Me.

LucretiaBorgia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LucretiaBorgia

I am totally bummed that this T shirt does NOT include the entire poem.

It is missing the best line, "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore."

shinysaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinysaiyan

Poe is by far one of the greatest men to have been on this planet. to write suck tragic and alluring poems that make you want more. i saw this shirt a while back and my jaw dropped. it was epic but i didnt have the money at the time (no job) but now i have a job and my car fixed and i have bought one. and i will buy another if it is ever needed. i wonder how many ppl i will run into will know what the hell it is xD

shinysaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinysaiyan

and if anyone is as big a poe fan as i, you would like to know that i own the 5th (and BEST) volume of the original first edition copy of this works. published in 1903. Raven, Nevermore, Anna bell lee, etc. the best he has ever wrote.

landsnark

quality posts: 10 Private Messages landsnark

This shirt has been around for so long that mine has started to wear out...and I can still buy another! In for 2 more so I can replace the old one and still keep one for someday.

My name is Lenore so it makes me doubly happy to wear this shirt. Even if nobody notices/recognizes it, it's like wearing a private joke all day.

Continuing congrats, haxrox.

ekyanez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekyanez

I bought this shirt and I absolutely love the idea but when I got it I found that the gray is so dark that the black words are very difficult to see and it loses alot of the effect. I would love one in a lighter gray color.

elfdreamer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elfdreamer

Yesssss, sweatshirts gave me an excuse to buy Nevermore.

dwashere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwashere

Im still new to the woot shirt game, but I've always enjoyed this shirt. One of my friends informed me that this shirt is rumored to fade easily and advised me to not purchase it. Can anyone tell me if there is any truth behind this? With the release of the hoodie, I am extremely tempted to purchase one.

sunsetridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunsetridge

The hoodie is white on black so the contrast between the design and the fabric is better. (Just like the totes.)

runfree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runfree

I freaking love this shirt!!!!!

misterced

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misterced

I think it's about time to give the shirt eternal status. It has been up for over 3 years and basically makes it a top 19. Give what would be reckoning shirt #21 one more week of solace knowing it doesn't have to compete with the Juggernaut known as Nevermore.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
misterced wrote:... It has been up for over 3 years and basically makes it a top 19. ...

There's really only a top 17 ... the 3 oldies will remain like permanent fixtures.

skipatrolkid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skipatrolkid

I wish I had $10,000 to drop on shirt.woot! just to get rid of this shirt. I would buy all the other shirts and donate them to somewhere, just to see this one go. Anyone have $10,000 I can spend for them?

Reminder to self... Stop buying random shirts... No seriously... Someone stop me... This is not going to end well...

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
skipatrolkid wrote:I wish I had $10,000 to drop on shirt.woot! just to get rid of this shirt.

On behalf of the artist, thanks for helping prolong the existence of Nevermore!

(Apparently, every time someone talks about wanting to get rid of it, its sales go up. )

joycooper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joycooper

How can I order a nevermore hoodie?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

joycooper wrote:How can I order a nevermore hoodie?

Sorry but the hoodie is no longer for sale. It was a limited promotional sale.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rockettuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockettuna

I love this design! I just can't get over that it isn't the whole poem.

ScotiaLee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ScotiaLee
tasaint wrote:I think it is sad that today's generation will largely not recognize this. Not the quote. Not why it is in the shape of a raven.

My step-daughter's class read the poem and learned all about Poe. She's in 7th grade, and goes to regular old public school in suburban California.
There's still hope!

colinsims

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colinsims

These are great graphics,can't decide.

C A Sims

sssith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sssith

My first woot...Xman present for my 10 year old. Now on to figure out the wife and daugter.

draclet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draclet
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry but the hoodie is no longer for sale. It was a limited promotional sale.

So, how do I convince you to print more, so that I can make my dad really, really happy this Christmas?

Dualll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dualll

This shirt continues to sell because after people wash it, they find that there's no point to the words anymore because all you get is a fuzzy looking bird, to which they go and buy another shirt. Either that or the owner buys his/her own shirts.