endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
fablefire wrote:...and... it's back. Yay!

Hai <3 sorry about that XD I should have looked closer at the rejects before I submitted! <3

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: 1959: The year the music died.

Buddy Holly chartered the plane for his guys on the tour.
But, because the Big Bopper was so uncomfortable riding the bus- the seats were too close together, he really was BIG- Waylon Jennings gave up his seat on the plane so he could fly.

When Buddy Holly found out Waylon wasn't going to be on the plane, he said "I hope your bus freezes up" in fun.
Waylon replied jokingly "I hope your plane crashes".
ouch.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: 1982: Lawnchair Larry

Lawrence Richard Walters flies 16,000 feet into the air July 2, 1982, setting off a chain of events that lead to the song "death of a minor TV celebrity". This is his final flight into the abyss as he turns off the TV... artsy fartsy no?

See it close up here.

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia
Re: Buckner -- 1986

Wasn't this taken from a copyrighted photo? (Or don't you need Mr. Buckner's permission to use his image/likeness?)

dekonstruct

Re: 1982

Oh man, looks like you totally beat me to it... 'spose I should check the forums more often. Great job, lots of 1982 babies 'round these parts.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: 1982: Lawnchair Larry

Why does he make me think of Leisure Suit Larry?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

dekonstruct

Re: 1982: Thriller

1982 WHAT WHAT!

This is my favorite thriller themed shirt of all time, I hope it wins!

Myztri

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Myztri

Nope. The video debuted on Dec 2, 1983. Check IMDB

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: Rickroll'd

You can already buy this tshirt for $5 right here:
Art Derby Entrants

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

Woohoo 1975!! I wondered if anything shirt-worthy(other than my esteemed birth happened that year. Teehee.

Nice design!! I would definitely wear this.

dekonstruct

superspryte wrote:Why does he make me think of Leisure Suit Larry?

Hahaha, yeah maybe a little. Its probably the 'stache, does it make you swoon? I hear they make girls swoon.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
SailorButterfly wrote:Was that you? ;)

The test tube baby is older than I am! O.o

Cute shirt, btw.

L O L Oh no, not I... I came from a healthy Italian woman ROFL no in vitro there.

Thanks Butterfly! I appreciate the kind words. I just hope the baby is appealing to more people.

npineda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npineda
Re: Buckner -- 1986

No. Ugh. I mean I know it'll get rejected, but I'm just fearful of a Bunch of Red Sox fan's getting behind this. We get it, you were sad, you've won two in 4 years, get over yourselves.

woot151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot151
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12992]

It was an awesome year for music. "Eye of the Tiger," anyone?

Can someone tell me why the .png looks awesome on my computer and then gets fuzzy and weirdly colored once saved as a .jpg??? I don't generally draw on the computer much

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
Re: 1970 - The Long and Winding Road

In 1970 the Beatles released their last #1 hit, The Long and Winding Road.

dekonstruct

Re: International Year of Peace

I like it, I didn't even know there was an international year of peace. We need another one stat!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
haxrox wrote:THis shirt is teh AWESOME!! but your all sheep if u beleive its true. the hollywood studio story about the MOON is a HOAX!!! it was actualy really filmed on teh moon but the goverment WANTS you to beleive it was just filmed in a STUDIO. the government OWNS the media and if you dont beleive that just look at our GAS PRICES. SkekTek ur the man but be careful cause once the people who really run this counrty see ur shirt, theyll hack ur computer to burn down ur house.

Haxrox, you are a riot...

ephobia

Re: 1989

Does anybody know if the image of the Gameboy is copyrighted material?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:Hahaha, yeah maybe a little. Its probably the 'stache, does it make you swoon? I hear they make girls swoon.

I've only ever swooned over one guy's facial hair. We dated for a little while, it didn't work out and we're great friends now. I still swoon over it. But normally I don't like facial hair.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ephobia wrote:Does anybody know if the image of the Gameboy is copyrighted material?

I thought so but I imagine Disco looked before making this design.

dekonstruct

superspryte wrote:I've only ever swooned over one guy's facial hair. We dated for a little while, it didn't work out and we're great friends now. I still swoon over it. But normally I don't like facial hair.

WILL SHAVE FOR VOTES!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: International Year of Peace

Mercedes?

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume

Thanks again for all the enthusiasm! Very much appreciated!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:WILL SHAVE FOR VOTES!

LOL!

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: 1967

Taking this down to rework it a bit. A new version will be up probably Sunday...

ephobia

patnode wrote:funny stuff here! come on people.. a meteor falls on chihuahua??? it writes itself there!!

Oh! I didn't know that was a meteor, or a rock for that matter. Looks like an image of some guy at first glance. >_>

thedansterwashere

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thedansterwashere
Re: 1988: Super Mario Bros. 3 Released In Japan Resub

This is my design based on the cover of Super Mario Bros. 3. In 1988 this game was released in Japan. It is a Japanese man wearing a rendition of the Japanese Hakama Pants which are similar to Marios. He also has Geta Sandals and Tabi Socks. Instead of "M" for Mario on the hat, the red circle is meant to represent the Japanese Flag. It has six colors and the shirt color which shows through in some places. You can view a large detail if you Click Here Thanks!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dekonstruct wrote:WILL SHAVE FOR VOTES!

Did you notice Wonderstew's design, submitted around 1:00?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: 1979

My dad is on the current mission to Jupiter at JPL/NASA. He needs this shirt. My vote has been submitted.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
macdave88 wrote:awesome...

Oh Snap! Is that Baby Jessica?

ephobia

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12883]1986:

LOL

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
Re: 1977 Elvis Died.

Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: 1985- Wierd Al Yankovic comes onto the scene

I abosolutely love Weird Al. But that's a concertina on his back, yes? I think you need to upgrade him to the full size accordion. :-)

dekonstruct

Josephus wrote:Did you notice Wonderstew's design, submitted around 1:00?

If you'll read wonderstew's design comments and the comment I left in the main forum. I did yes notice wonderstew's design.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1979

hey yoda, could you slap that on an actual heathered tee so we can see how it'll print? I'm usually so leery of voting for shirts with a heather background as it's mottled and all. I'd really like to see a better detail with the actual shirt style.

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
endejester wrote:This is amazingly well done! My only worries are your fine lines, I worry they might vanish but its incredible!

No line is less than 4 pt.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

If only they allowed more than 6 colors - each progressive dancer could get inexplicably lighter.

kbdazzled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbdazzled
Re: Rickroll'd

This is awesome. I'm going to make my boyfriend sing this the next time we are at karaoke.

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
daedalusknight wrote:Heheheh... Well, as Wootvan said before, this album was on the Billboard charts until 1986... so hopefully you don't have to be my age to get the reference. :-)

And, heck, they reissue it every five years anyway. I saw a 25th and a 30th anniversary cover recently...

Ooohh...I fear I was quite near the orignal release for my birth date XD <3