peanutpie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peanutpie

Dangit man, you should own your own t-shirt company ;D GMV, of course!

hfracing1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hfracing1
goodedesign wrote:i think someone was trying to resurrect the Delorean? not sure if it was 2005, 6 or 7.

rumor has it that all the stockpiled parts from the cars were to be put to use and a limited number of cars were to be made somewhere in the higher 5 figures or so

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: 1970, Spoon Fork =

Love this design. I would love to have this shirt.

BTW, I have a full metal spork, so to speak. It's by a company named Gentry, it's about 7" long, stainless steel, has nice long tines and a spacious spoon area, and a little serrated edge, so it's also good for cutting. It was one of those rockin' thrift store finds that you cling to for years. My family makes fun of me when they see it in my utensil drawer, but I know the secret to efficient dining!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Jemmacakes wrote:I like this version
girlie man

Tho, the shirt you have come up with here is spot on genius. gmv!

Jemma, I am so glad you posted that link. I had planned to, but forgot to do it.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: 1970: Jimi Earns His Wings (2)

I had to make him a lefty again. I messed that up on the first one and it was driving me crazy.
-Andy

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1971 - World Record Motorcycle Jump

Great work, shan! I love the white silhouettes. Evel was so cool.

another 1971 baby here.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

Re: 1985 - Buckminsterfullerene (super geek version)

my husband & cousin work for the same biotech company, and both love the mass spectrometer.

gmv for this, love the more geekified version!

mjc613

Re: 1972: On a roll...

Can't see the mouse that well in the thumbnail. After I saw it in the full view, I had to chuckle.

mia3mom

Re: 1985 - Welcome the king of Puzzle Games

I'm a big Tetris freak, and love this shirt. what a great Tetris representation! gmv

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
mia3mom wrote:Great work, shan! I love the white silhouettes. Evel was so cool.

another 1971 baby here.

Thanks! I saw that, I was skimming thru all the entries for another 1971 and I think we're the only 2

mjc613

Re: Moon Landing Take 5

You need to add the year to the title, or it will be rejected.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
fillengroovy wrote:Nope the smallest line on here is 4 pt. Thanks!

Wow, 4pt?? The amount of detail and shadowing is incredible for that....great work!

mia3mom

Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

I've never played LoZ (I know, I know), but you gmv because this reminds me of the other games I played in high school and college (anyone else play 3 in three?)

It also reminds me of the D&D games I played with my husband and our friends back when we were dating. aahh, pre-kid memories...

Gorgeous work, fable - hope it gets printed!

mjc613

JadenKale wrote:hey yoda, could you slap that on an actual heathered tee so we can see how it'll print? I'm usually so leery of voting for shirts with a heather background as it's mottled and all. I'd really like to see a better detail with the actual shirt style.

This is a good point. I'm afraid all we'll see is the white and the green, and it will look like milk and baby food stains unless you get very close.

mia3mom

Re: 1984: Robots in Disguise

great collab! I'm really impressed.

So many fond memories of accidentally breaking my brother's transformers.... So many fond memories of crashing on my big wheel... all in one, great shirt. gmv!

mjc613

Re: 1978

What is this portraying? Were aerosols banned in Sweden?
There are lots of shirts, so it would help to put the subject either in the title or in a post on this thread. Otherwise your entry could be ignored by most people.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: 1974 - year of the tiger (black)

Oh wow... this pops even more on the black. Great job.

mia3mom

2thFairy wrote:I have lived in Dallas for more than 20 years and had never heard of this. I read your linked article and found it interesting. I did a little research myself and found this:
<snip>
The tour was stopped in 2001 after a host of complaints.

The only "shots" were from a recording being played from speakers. Also note, the tour no longer exists.

Thank goodness! I was wiped yesterday, and planned to look at it more today, I'm glad it was stopped. My mom only visited me once in 2 1/2 years of living in Dallas because of JFK, and I hope she never hears about this.

Thanks for finding out more! But, we both agree JFK was 1963, which was the point before I led us off on an interesting-to-me tangent.

mjc613

rushblume wrote:In 1982, this was the only phrase you needed to know:

"ET Phone Home"

I am so glad you made this post. I saw the thumbnail and thought " 'Dinosaur Phone House'. What could that be about?"

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
skaght wrote:I kinda agree with you mia3mom. I like the idea of one or two rows of dancing digitized zombie michael jacksons. Still this shirt is pretty awesome. GMV.

and now dancing Philipino inmates
dancing Philipino inmates

For all the fans of the "Inmates Performing Thriller," I give you this:

NCSUCasey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NCSUCasey
Webfoot08 wrote:Incredibly cool design. Hope it wins!

I would like to see a double helix incorporated into the design, but it's still awesome. Got my vote.

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark

Thanks for the votes, I made another one with a bit more depth and some background.
1985 - Welcome the king of Puzzle Games (2)

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
Jemmacakes wrote:I like this version
girlie man

Tho, the shirt you have come up with here is spot on genius. gmv!

Thanks! VOTE FOR THRILLER!

daedalusknight

superspryte wrote:Most of which were this person's designs to begin with.

Heh... man, I need to remember this designer's name so I stop making the same comments over and over again.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
JadenKale wrote:I've gotta ask, did you make those from soccer ball shapes? Because they do look like clear soccer orbs.

Nope, I hand drew it while looking at a 3D model of C60 (something like this) and scanned in the drawing ;) They are made of the same shapes as the patches on a soccer ball - I think it's infinitely cool that such geometric perfection can be found in nature!!

daedalusknight

skaght wrote:I wouldn't let flying 1976 trans am anywhere near awesomemobile. They'd totally get in a fight... On second thought, that'd be pretty cool to watch.

Yeah, but after the fight they'd team up to stop the bad guys. That's how it always works out. :-)

psychohistorian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychohistorian

Very nice! I would definitely pick up this shirt for my first woot!

area51seeker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages area51seeker
Re: 1974 - Nixon Resigns (re-submit)

Simple. To the point. Transcends beyond the theme of the derby. I'm in for one.

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole

The hoax theory I remember is that it was filmed in the desert and that desert wind was what caused the flag to blow. Therefore, no fan was needed. I hadn't heard about a Hollywood one. Seems odd that they would deliberately supply wind when there was none. o_O

GMV! I may have to buy two shirts this week if this and Zelda win.

daedalusknight

Webfoot08 wrote:BTW, I have a full metal spork, so to speak. It's by a company named Gentry, it's about 7" long, stainless steel, has nice long tines and a spacious spoon area, and a little serrated edge, so it's also good for cutting. It was one of those rockin' thrift store finds that you cling to for years. My family makes fun of me when they see it in my utensil drawer, but I know the secret to efficient dining!

A serrated edge? So you could use it as a spoon, a fork, AND a knife? Great Scott! The sporks are mutating! They're stealing the DNA of other utensils! Somebody go warn the spatulas! :-)

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

@__@ loooove Zelda, awesome theme <333 love it! I wish i could vote D< *needs to buy a shirt* @___@;;

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
NCSUCasey wrote:I would like to see a double helix incorporated into the design, but it's still awesome. Got my vote.

look all the way to the right of the man, the sugar-chains almost form one. You can tell alot of thought went into planning this.

squidboots

Re: Death of Warhol

You need the year in the title, and it looks like you're using more than 6 colors, so Woot can't print this.

squidboots

Re: 1976 - Best car ever

BEST.
SHIRT.
EVER.

GMV :D

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
Re: 1982: Thriller

Ugh....not my cuppa.

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
Re: 1988

Amazing. GMV

drkblkforest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest
Re: 1984: Robots in Disguise

I really like those colors Great job!

drkblkforest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest
Re: 1974 - year of the tiger (black)

Stands out way more on the black, which is very nice

aggie0785

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggie0785
Re: Pumped Shoes and Arcades (1989)

i think this shirt is pretty great.

- destined to be great

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: 1970 - First earth day (on cream)

....i love the detailing @____@ the original file for this must be huuuge XD awesome job <3