derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: 1989

I played 'yoshi' and 'tetris' way to much as a young lad.

Check out my blog:Here!

Razela

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razela
derekfilley wrote:

I took a break from schoolwork to make this lil' gem. Please to be voting!

Does it come with the hot guy?

derekfilley

Jemmacakes wrote:I like this version
girlie man

Tho, the shirt you have come up with here is spot on genius. gmv!

Beyond hilarious.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

I wonder if old people would throw rocks at me if I wear this on Long Island?
At the time it seemed everyone, including my dad, was working in aerospace.
It really doesn't take much to get 80 something year old men mad.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Anj963

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anj963
Re: 1979: Year of the HUNGRY Goat

Oh, that is amazing! If this shirt dosen't get printed on woot, might you print this somewhere else? I have a friend (born in 1979 even) that this would be perfect for. btw, gmv

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching You

Mmm....not bad. It looks a bit like part of Glados.

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
mihalis aya wrote:Sounds lovely. But first, we must stop living in our respective boonies.

Yeah... that's true... :<

@ starry - Flack schmack. That's awesome. I was interested in being a law student for awhile too, and intellectual property was one of my favorite topics. Gotta agree with you. I just don't think that N*ntendo would have the copyrights on the items, or the collection of items, and in a court of law it just wouldn't hold up. Beyond that, knowing how much of a gray area this is, I don't think that they would even bother with a lawsuit. It'd be a huge waste of time. Lots of publicity for woot though...

...and glad you like my work. I like yours too. ;)

@ Leet & Moth, rmb - Thanks!

@ furaeon - Everytime I go to a beach souvenir shop, I'm reminded of LoZ because of the little bottles, and the keys, and the cheap gems, and the little wooden pirate swords. I still don't think that N*ntendo holds the copyright on the items, or the collection of items.

@ Bluejester - Hopefully if it wins it'll hang around for a little while, so there's no rush to buy it. ;)

@ Zenverse - Thanks! That's what I was going for. It's not only a loosely referenced LoZ shirt, but Kind of the flagship shirt for the birth of the genre inspired by LoZ.

@ therodfather - Thanks, and I'm glad you like my work! =D

@ mia3mom - That's so awesome! D&D dating... <3

@ lilwere - Thanks! I recommend Animal Hat, cause it's about to be reckoned! D: It printed beautifully and I wore it yesterday. =D

@ Caiters - YEAAAAHHHHH!!!! Goooooo 1986!

@ Cuter - Ja... I think in the summer, just about anyone could pull off creme. Jackets would definitely be needed in the fall or winter. I'm thinking brown or forest-y green. ...and thanks!

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
shmeedles wrote:awesome as usual.

Danke. <3

ckpete2887

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckpete2887
Re: Psychedlic 63

Would like to see more detail. Link us a zoomed version?

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: 1979

To All: Thanks for all the great comments. I am happy to get such nice feedback from everyone. Unfortunately, it is a woot derby fact that it is impossible to win with only positive comments. C'mon, someone has to hate my design ;).

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Re: 1982 - The First Smiley :-)

this was already rejected.

jbedwar1

Re: resub '82 Das Boot meets coldest temp in 100 years

Woot will not print actual photos.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1982

I remember one of the kids in my camp was dropped off each day at the dock in a Delorean (we took a ferry from there to an island).

I loved it at the time, but now the doors look like they'd be horrible for getting in & out after parking. I fear I'm becoming too practical!

Nice design - I really like the snow surf

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

jbedwar1

BigKuntry wrote:Galaxian Conquers* All...

in 1979 Galaxian debuts in Arcades with amazing 8-bit color, launching shockwaves through the hearts of teenage American boys everywhere... The legacy of spaceshooters/alien attack games is launched...

btw - the aliens/images represented in the shirt are not the actual artwork from the game, just a representation/recreation...

Unfortunately this will most likely be viewed as text and therefor rejected.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
derekfilley wrote:I played 'yoshi' and 'tetris' way to much as a young lad.

wasn't into yoshi myself, as i was fairly young when i was playing the system, but yeah, tetris is still fun. I love the new one they have on the DS, so simple, but so fun. WiFi ftw.

derekfilley

Re: 1982: Lawnchair Larry

I love the addition of the tv. Just saw the mythbusters on this as well.

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
jbedwar1 wrote:Unfortunately this will most likely be viewed as text and therefor rejected.

Yeah... look at other shirts that made numbers out of images. Re-design and resubmit.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Cola Wars

You forgot to put the year in the title..quick, resubmit with the year!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Out of the 80s

This has a very cool 3d look.
-Andy

jmps2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmps2
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

i'd totally want this if it was a different color. like maybe green like link's clothes or something like that.

Andy47240

Re: 1979 - Galaxian Conques All

Very nice BigKuntry! Yes, it will get rejected, so please re-do to avoid that.
-Andy

clintercell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintercell
clintercell wrote:Seinfeld originally aired on the National Broadcasting Company on July 5, 1989. Here is a shirt designed to celebrate this event. It is The famous Puffy Shirt from Seinfeld! I searched to see if this was done already and it doesn't seem so. There is no copyright infringement here, so Enjoy!

come on, wheres the Seinfeld love?

clintercell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintercell
Andy47240 wrote:Very nice BigKuntry! Yes, it will get rejected, so please re-do to avoid that.
-Andy

even though you didnt use the original game pictures i think it can still be seen as copyright by using their aliens and spaceship look, but maybe not.

snarkygal

Re: 1972: Watergate

Ok, I have to admit it, this is a nice one Patch. Great concept without overt politcal statement.

Andy47240

Re: 1970: Black Sabbath Debut

I know that there probably are not too many Black Sabbath fans here, but they are one of my all time favorite bands, so I had to put something together since the band was born the same year as me.
-Andy

jmps2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmps2
Re: 1973 - Solar eclipse of the decade

love the shirt. it does look a lot like the heros logo though. like when i saw this i was like is there some one year old computer genius which has submitted the heros logo because it was invented in his birth year. oh well i hope it isn't rejected.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Andy47240 wrote:This has a very cool 3d look.
-Andy

Heeheh... too bad it isn't red and blue... then we could use 3-D glasses to really make it 3-D.

:-)

andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
Re: 1991- NEED HELP

Ok so here is what is going on, This is my first draft for my design which I WILL redesign:

1. Colors - what should the background be?
2. Animals - if you weren't a ram in the zodiac, would you wear this shirt? I was planning on putting in a chain of the zodiac animals....
3. Any other input!!!!

PLEASSEEEE Help me out here!

I'm only human

iridescent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iridescent
Re: 1979

I am actually from the TMI area and remember the evacuation in '79. I want to see more designs on this theme. I like this one the best so far. Throw in a three eyed fish or something too.

derekfilley

Re: 1979: Year of the HUNGRY Goat

ha ha, nice

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
melissadrag wrote:Ummm... you might get more votes if you didn't put in so many submissions.
*yes, I know you've changed the shirt color*

You've got to be kidding. What can I say, I'm creative, sorry that bothers you Mel...

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 1954--Elvis on the transistor radio

Woot can't print photos, gradients, or more than 6 colors. :-/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

reblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reblue

I want. I want.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Zenne wrote::P

(crazy warhol skulls picture)

Zenne, why do you keep getting knocked out of the fog? It's all your fault, I know it. Just stay up there!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

furaeon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furaeon
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

I don't know. The fact is that you (and woot) would be profiting from the direct likenesses of nintendo's IP, and they can sue for this. I know that you might think nintendo are love-and-peace hippies, but their legal department is not.

goredbirds101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goredbirds101
Re: 1990 - Hubble telescope launched!

Please vote guys! *giggles*, for some reason I called it a "space shuttle" (not in the title), but I know it's a telescope.

Thanks!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
derekfilley wrote:I love the addition of the tv. Just saw the mythbusters on this as well.

Thanks Derek, it's good to see you're back in the game and with creepy toilet cameras to boot!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Out of the 80s

This design is awesome, definitely 100% eighties.

The title needs to have the year you were born in it though, quick resubmit and I'll vote for it again!

snarkygal

Re: 1982: Thriller

I'm sorry but this shirt is very hard on the eyes. Yes, Thriller was a great video and album but this design does not make a good shirt IMHO. I don't think it would print very well either.