snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
jenny78 wrote:Why, why, why couldn't have this been on ANY other color shirt? ANY OTHER COLOR??

Jenny, Woot gives the designers a very limited choice of colors to work with, that's why.

Babylonian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Babylonian

Yeah, I don't even watch Heroes and the similarity still jumped out at me. Badass design, though.

uforeader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uforeader
Re: 1984 - Who ya gunna call?

I should add that this proton pack is an exact replica of the real one used in the movie.

shadesofgrey2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadesofgrey2
Re: 1974 - year of the tiger (black)

I'm so happy that you put this on a black shirt. It looks really good.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: 1963-Bobby Fischer again

Awesome detail, I'm sure it'll get a lot more votes tonight.

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
Re: 1982: Thriller

Here's a little thank you for all the support! Much appreciated!

VOTE FOR THRILLER!

Discobiscuits

Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching You

Had no idea what this meant, so I had to look it up. Needless to say, I enjoy the design. The halftones in the background look great.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
haxrox wrote:THis shirt is teh AWESOME!! but your all sheep if u beleive its true. the hollywood studio story about the MOON is a HOAX!!! it was actualy really filmed on teh moon but the goverment WANTS you to beleive it was just filmed in a STUDIO. the government OWNS the media and if you dont beleive that just look at our GAS PRICES. SkekTek ur the man but be careful cause once the people who really run this counrty see ur shirt, theyll hack ur computer to burn down ur house.

I love haxrox. So very funny (teh funneh?)

Check out my blog:Here!

caspianta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caspianta
Re: 1970 First Earth Day (1)

gorgeous on cream and blue! gmv....twice!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
daedalusknight wrote:A serrated edge? So you could use it as a spoon, a fork, AND a knife? Great Scott! The sporks are mutating! They're stealing the DNA of other utensils! Somebody go warn the spatulas! :-)

Actually, as a joke, I've wanted to buy the Titanium Spork from ThinkGeek.com or the more collapsible version at Moosejaw.comI'm so used to seeing them as a throwaway utensil, that I thought having a standard spork in my drawer for people would be a bit funny.

Jdaddy45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jdaddy45

this shirt is sick...im not even from the era and i want it

aliruna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliruna
dekonstruct wrote:This design is awesome, definitely 100% eighties.

The title needs to have the year you were born in it though, quick resubmit and I'll vote for it again!

Thanks for catching it!
I've resubmitted this with a year in the title, so please go vote for that one!

Discobiscuits

Re: 1987 - Out of the 80s (resubmit)

Haven't seen enough white shirts lately, gmv

JadenKale

Re: 1978-firegoat

Wes, did you have a shirt version of this? They can't print it unless you put it on a shirt template in your 600x600 detail version. Also, It looks like a scan of an ink drawing. It needs to be reworked into printable layers so they know what to print and what color. And I think you may be off on your Zodiac year. 1978 is officially the year of the horse. Sheep/Goat is 1979 which is the year my brother was born.

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
wootvan wrote:Beware...Prince sues everyone!

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9778087-7.html

and

Once more!

DON"T CLICK ABOVE LINK (mouse over text saved me from your little trap)

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1971 - Mount Etna Erupts (resub)

This is a resub of an earlier entry. The red shirt did not work well, so after trying several shirt colors, I'm resubbing on a brown shirt.

The year I was born Mt. Etna, a Sicilian volcano erupted. My grandmother is Sicilian, so this event resonated with me.

Italy and Sicily (with Mt. Etna in red) is diagonally across from the volcano erupting.

Who doesn't love a volcano?

Thanks for looking, and thanks for voting!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Anj963 wrote:Oh, that is amazing! If this shirt dosen't get printed on woot, might you print this somewhere else? I have a friend (born in 1979 even) that this would be perfect for. btw, gmv

Aww. thanks
After the woot 60-day hold there's a good chance I'll be putting this and a few others up somewhere. Was fun to draw (some drawings are just a chore sometimes)

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1971 - Mount Etna Erupts

This idea has been resubmitted on brown, and it looks great!

Thanks for voting!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129
Re: 1982: Lawnchair Larry

Great drawing and great use of black shirt. Kudos!

Mothmonsterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mothmonsterman

JadenKale

Re: 1986 - The World is Fair

Text is not allowed this week, and this is directly taken from the world's fair logo that year: http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/expo86_logo_canadian_design.jpg

Magepariso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Magepariso
Re: Mac owns the world

My first design....cut me some slack...

aliruna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliruna
Discobiscuits wrote:Haven't seen enough white shirts lately, gmv

thanks
^-^

Magepariso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Magepariso
Magepariso wrote:My first design....cut me some slack...

And for those who don't know....its 1984. First Apple Macintosh was introduced

JadenKale

Magepariso wrote:And for those who don't know....its 1984. First Apple Macintosh was introduced

Firstly, you need to draw the piece yourself, not use photography. They reject anything they can prove is taken directly from a photo. Secondly, it's really pixelated even for a photograph. Next, you have too many colors in the piece. Woot can only print 6 colors for any given design. Lastly, the title needs to have the year in it. You have a lot of the derby rules against you in this piece. I'd try actually drawing it out and resubmitting it.

longhorn22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longhorn22
Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project

I'm so buying this shirt.

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
Re: 1979

my favorite game of all time! go adventure!

jslsnowboarder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslsnowboarder
Re: 1989

Does anyone notice the topography of this shirt? Look a little odd? Cool design though!

BigKuntry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigKuntry

Hmm...

I checked out the other rejected entries, and I think you guys are all correct. I'll probly get rejected cause my images make a number... Dang... Kinda ruins the design tho if it's not a number in the aliens... there's really nothing clever about a bitmapped starship shooting aliens without seeing the number in the aliens. Too bad... Does anyone have any great ideas on how it could be redesigned and resubbed?

BigKuntry

Re: 1984 - Who ya gunna call?

cool idea... I wonder if might be better on a grey shirt or a color similar to the uniforms in the movie?

fablefire

quality posts: 18 Private Messages fablefire
furaeon wrote:I don't know. The fact is that you (and woot) would be profiting from the direct likenesses of nintendo's IP, and they can sue for this. I know that you might think nintendo are love-and-peace hippies, but their legal department is not.

Of course not. They'd be horrible lawyers. If I thought they were love-and-peace hippies, I wouldn't have looked into intellectual property case study again for this piece. Yes, the piece should remind people of LoZ because that's my take on the theme. If it didn't represent LoZ, I would've been rejected for being off theme. They can sue, but I'd be interested to know how they plan to stake a claim on the combination of objects that are found in RPGs everywhere.

drkblkforest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest
Re: 1963-Bobby Fischer again

I saw this earlier in the forums and thought it was great! And then I looked again more closely and I can't say I'm too crazy about that border. I don't know, it just seems a little too elementary in comparison to the beautiful etching you did on the chess piece. Maybe resub with a different border? I wouldn't take the whole border away because then it'd be a bit too empty.

BigKuntry

drkblkforest wrote:Ahhhh *palm to face* Well, that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the comments/advice!
Hopefully I don't upset too many dragons with this shirt @_@

I'm year of the pig.

No one wants to eulogize that.

drkblkforest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest
Re: 1977: Welcome to the...

I think this is a really creative shirt! I just wish it used different colors And the Monopoly hotel might not be approved by Woot...

JadenKale

mjc613 wrote:This is the best post of the thread.

actually, there's a better on on J!NX.com :

Discobiscuits

Discobiscuits

jslsnowboarder wrote:Does anyone notice the topography of this shirt? Look a little odd? Cool design though!

LoL... it should be fine, I think

ambernicole404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambernicole404
Re: 1970 - First earth day (on cream)

Fabulous. I am stunned.

ambernicole404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambernicole404
Re: 1987 - Out of the 80s (resubmit)

not so sure I dig the white- you can see bras thru them... design is dynamic tho

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Soldier's Hope

What year is this supposed to be representing?