Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: 1983: Year of the Boar

Do you have a close-up view? Maybe park the file on Photobucket or somewhere like that and treat us to a larger section? That would help voters a lot.

This looks like a great shirt, it's just hard to see the detail. If you look at some other people's shirt comps (the part you see when you click their thumbnail) you'll see what I mean. Thanks.

ejtracer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejtracer
Re: 1989

I will be shocked if Woot does not reject this one for copyright reasons, no matter what alterations may have been made to the image.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Jewdave wrote:Elvis Presley died on August 16, 1977 in

You need to put the year number in the shirt title. Please resubmit. :-)

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
AlexIAm wrote:Gets my vote just because you're an "old" fart like me! Very depressing to see all the 80s stuff!

Uh-oh...add me to the 1969 group as well. Love this one ShekTek! Great idea. I thought about this too, but I'm so glad that I didn't even try...your design is perfect!

I did the Woodstock/Hippie take on 1969 since I was born at the very end of the Summer of '69.

Good luck. Glad to see this one in the fog!

daedalusknight

JadenKale wrote:It still doesn't follow the six color only rule. And I don't know but those circles and splotches look alot like a logo I've seen before.

They kind of look like the Bermuda tourism logos, but they're distinctly different.

And, yeah... eight colors at least. Resub again, sorry.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

Very cool design and I hope your Mom is doing well.
-Andy

Andy47240

Re: 1978 - The Year of the Horse

Very nice colors on Black or Navy both.
-Andy

klswoot

Thanks Andy and Zekecatz.

Hey Andy...where's your entry this week?

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
daedalusknight wrote:They kind of look like the Bermuda tourism logos, but they're distinctly different.

And, yeah... eight colors at least. Resub again, sorry.

No, when I saw his first entry with all the plus signs, it's a version of an HP Plus design-logo. I've seen it before, but for the life of me, I can't find the specific usage of the design.

daedalusknight

dekonstruct wrote:This reminds me of the TV show Jem for some reason... not that I've ever watched it, it was on after transformers... seriously.

I like it though, GMV!

You didn't watch it, but are you truly outrageous?

Truly, truly, truly outrageous? :-)

My sibs and I had to share a TV when we were kids, which meant Transformers and Jem both got played.

And yes, I'm old. :-)

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

Amazing work considering what kind of week you had. Good to see you here!

Andy47240

daedalusknight wrote:The first four Black Sabbath albums totally kick ass. Ever hear Henry Rollins' joke about Sabbath and El Nino?

No I have not heard the joke. Please tell me or PM me.
-Andy

daedalusknight

dontwantaname wrote:I think he did another one rides the bus on Tom Snider with just a cardboard box and his accordion.
My friend was on the show that night....Weird Al was much better!

Going to see him in July!

Sorry, it was way before 85. He was well established by then.

I missed him last time he was out here on tour, but I've still got my enhanced 5.1 surround sound CD to enjoy.

klswoot

Thanks MJC....hey...has your red box request grown in the past week? I was very close to choosing red for this design....really....and I thought of your signature when I was choosing the red template.

I'll have to try to design something on red in an upcoming derby....just for you!

Andy47240

Jdaddy45 wrote:this shirt is sick...im not even from the era and i want it

Thanks J Daddy! Your first post even.
My little girl was in Wal-mart with me today and she picked up a Jimi Hendrix best of CD and said "Daddy, here that guy that died" because she saw me working on it yesterday. I thought that was funny.
-Andy

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1975 - one flew over the cuckoo's nest released

gorgeous line work! wow. a truly wearable shirt, too, it doesn't require any explanations.

I might not like the book very much, but I love the shirt. gmv. My brother's birth year, too, but he only wears black & grey, so I'd have to wear it for him!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

KenneyandJosephus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenneyandJosephus
Re: 1959: Warhol's (Stamped) Lips

One of Andy Warhol's prints from 1959 was (Stamped) Lips. This design shows how it was made. The puckers worked in Warhol's sweatshop for years before they escaped like Puffaluffs.

TEST

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: 1985--From Russia with Fun!

Yeah I figured some people would have an issue with the fact that this is impossible. I did try it with more holes but then the date would be way less obvious [as if it wasn't obscure enough already] I may mess around with it some more if I have the time, but for now, i'm using my creative license...

mjc613

Re: 1983

Was there a particular shuttle mission you were trying to portray on this shirt?

Technical note - the umbilical in your picture is typical of Gemini flights from the early 60s, but was not used on Shuttle.

daedalusknight

JadenKale wrote:No, when I saw his first entry with all the plus signs, it's a version of an HP Plus design-logo. I've seen it before, but for the life of me, I can't find the specific usage of the design.

Hey... yeah... that actually looks like something from an HP printer (?) commercial from a couple of years ago. I don't know if they ever made a t-shirt of it, though. :-)

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 1993- Power Rangers!!

Having one Power Ranger instead of 5 doesn't make it any less copyrighted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

mjc613

Re: 1959: Warhol's (Stamped) Lips

Another great collaboration! Kudos to both of you!

daedalusknight

Andy47240 wrote:No I have not heard the joke. Please tell me or PM me.
-Andy

WARNING: The comedy file linked below contains "offensive language" and thus should not be listened to by anyone who objects to such things:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Andy47240

aliruna wrote:Kinda sad, I had seven votes so quickly the first time I submitted, and now I only have six
Not like it matters, I'll never make it to the fog
xD

Trust me! This is like watching the stock market. You will wake up in the morning and be surprised at the votes you will have gotten. Please don't get disappointed because the wooters are hard to judge.
-Andy

mjc613

Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching You

I was waiting for someone to do something about this book. Just don't know about wearing Big Brother spying on me from the toilet. It's a great idea for a drawing though.

Andy47240

Turbotuff wrote:No offense but I feel like this has been done, I see the differences and the similarities so I am not going to do anything but put this out there:

I would say this would be a odd coincidence, because Zenne is a Kick*ss original artist and would not likely follow suit with anything done already.
-Andy

Andy47240

klswoot wrote:Thanks Andy and Zekecatz.

Hey Andy...where's your entry this week?

I have 3 form 1970. They are all music related and not doing very good. Just not really promoting this week. I had figured we were close age. I was conceived in the Summer of 69 and that year has so many possibilities IMO.
-Andy

Andy47240

Re: 1975 - one flew over the cuckoo's nest released

Needs more "Chief"! Just kidding. I really love the movie version and I have been practicing on my own time your shading technique. I'm getting better, you are the master for sure.
-Andy

klswoot

Andy47240 wrote:I have 3 form 1970. They are all music related and not doing very good. Just not really promoting this week. I had figured we were close age. I was conceived in the Summer of 69 and that year has so many possibilities IMO.
-Andy

Oh no! Now you've gone and given woot another derby possibility...not the year of birth, but the year of conception. I agree...designs for 1969 are a bit more fun than the ones from 1970.

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
Re: 1977: Elvis has left the building... (Resub)

Added back year in title...

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
Re: 1977: (Olive) Welcome to the...

Added year to title...

40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

clintercell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintercell
clintercell wrote:come on, wheres the Seinfeld love?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13048

PUFFY SHIRT 4EVER!!!

Andy47240

Re: 1984: The Zapper [Generic]

Yeah! There it is. Great work as always.
-Andy

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

meh. -- removes entry -- It's been 40 minutes and I'm already tired of looking at it. I think nothing from me this week. The Hollywood moon landing might have been fun, but SkekTek was all over it -- and did a fine job -- so I'll just root for that one!

1969 was a good year -- imho.

That’s it, the ’69 ghia. Loved that car. Actually, I’m getting a little tired of the screen name though, having sold the car almost 2 years ago when I left LA.
edit: I guess could have done the car, but I don't feel like vectorizing it just to see how many people used to own ghias. It's not like there aren't enough ghia shirts available elsewhere either....

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt

i. LOVE. duck hunt.

Andy47240

kixxster wrote:i. LOVE. duck hunt.

I loved it too. This is a great take on the theme James. You must be a a very funny dude in the real world, because you crack me up at this site.
-Andy

skaght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
Re: 1974 - The Ramones form

Very nice. Me likey.

Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

I really really hope this wins. I liked your "Devil goes down to Georgia" shirt too and I was incredibly disappointed that it didn't win. I'll get my bf to vote for it too ;D.