hattopic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hattopic
Re: 1982: Thriller

I don't think anyone would understand what was going on if I wore this shirt

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
JadenKale wrote:yay!!!! I'm glad the flaming mane is getting much needed attention.

I actually made a design a long time ago that had (as one among many design elements) a horse with a flaming mane. It wasn't for a shirt, though, and I have no idea what I did with it...

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

Wow 55 votes in under 3 hours on a saturday night, and you had to resub. doh :D

edit: What did ya change?

daedalusknight

goldfishinapicklejar wrote:Wow 55 votes in under 3 hours on a saturday night, and you had to resub. doh :D

No worries. This one's obviously heading for the fog in a hurry.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mjc613 wrote:YAY!!!! My only concern is that there might be copyright issues portraying those 3.

Gee, ya think?

outlawmoogle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages outlawmoogle
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

There are tons of unlicensed shirts using Nintendo trademarks that go much farther than this, I don't see Woot getting in problem. Unlike a lot of other shirts, the artist doesn't actually use any copyrighted characters or logos. Nintendo doesn't own a copyright on swords, bombs, rupees, hearts, or faeries.

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark
Re: 1979 - The Neverending Story is written

FALCOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (copyright?)

twincarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twincarma

this may be the best shirt you have done imo.

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
goldfishinapicklejar wrote:Wow 55 votes in under 3 hours on a saturday night, and you had to resub. doh :D

edit: What did ya change?

minor line on the right eye, was ruining the face. screwed up as I was eliminating the extra color

dselig

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dselig
JadenKale wrote:Superman came out in '78... plus, you can't use any text or the Superman logo due to copyright issues.

umm superman had his logo before 1940....

i have no clue what to write here anymore....

mstimme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstimme

New to woot, and this shirt would absolutely be my 2nd purchase here. Awesome job!

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark

I am now confident that Cho or a fan-faithful has multiple acounts to sway the votes. I am sorry but there is no way that in the prime of the night on a saturday that an entry can recieve 40 votes. Obviously someone here is cheating.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
netshark wrote:I am now confident that Cho or a fan-faithful has multiple acounts to sway the votes. I am sorry but there is no way that in the prime of the night on a saturday that an entry can recieve 40 votes. Obviously someone here is cheating.

good lord. do you have any idea what kind of traffic woot gets at midnight? 40 votes is nothing...and happens to the leaders every weekend. Woot needs to start offering tin foil hats to some of you. And since you are obviously blind as well...you do see that this is only THIRD in the hotness and that genome has over 50 votes in the same period right?

Seriously, this cho conspiracy carp is so frigging tired.

schizoreaper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schizoreaper
Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project

well, since the print colors have been addressed already, i'll point out that the knees make the figure seem bowlegged. try standing with feet together, and observe how your own legs meet up. generally, they'll be pretty close at the knees, the calves, and the thighs. and speaking of feet, these are rather wide and flat. maybe add some realistic contours and depth. finally, there is a light circle just barely cutting into the shoulder on the right which seems to give it very odd musculature. maybe push the circle into the silhouette more? or you could omit the overlay

brizz

hattopic wrote:I don't think anyone would understand what was going on if I wore this shirt

once again wooters are voting for an idea rather than a shirt. it's really amazing how often this happens - a good idea is poorly executed and still gets a ton of votes...most recent example being the blue box tree. Great idea, terrible execution.

This is almost indecipherable and will look awful if it actually gets printed. I love the idea, but the execution is just bad bad bad...jam on it.

daedalusknight

schizoreaper wrote:well, since the print colors have been addressed already, i'll point out that the knees make the figure seem bowlegged.

Maybe he has the gene for bowleggedness. :-)

peachwheels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachwheels
Re: 1988 year of the dragon

!H!A!H!A!H!A!H!A!H!A!H!A!H!A!H!A!H!A!H!A!

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
netshark wrote:I am now confident that Cho or a fan-faithful has multiple acounts to sway the votes. I am sorry but there is no way that in the prime of the night on a saturday that an entry can recieve 40 votes. Obviously someone here is cheating.

Are you serious? Do you have any idea how much traffic Woot gets at midnight EVERY night of the week????

brizz

fablefire wrote:Ja, at worst I guess it could be a bootleg shirt. Woot has printed bootleg starbucks and d*sney logo shirts though. Just wore thatrobert's consumerism shirt yesterday actually. Got lots of compliments. Way to go thatrobert!

problem is those are obvious parodies - this is obvious taking elements of the game and trying to profit from them. there is no element of parody whatsoever. pandering to video game nerds is pretty buttery croissant.

marshlight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marshlight

THIS. IS. AWESOME.

marshlight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marshlight

So awesome. I'd definitely be in for one.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Re: 1974 - The Ramones form

Twenty-twenty-twenty-four votes in a row,
I wanna be in the hotness!
Nothin' to prove, I'm somewhere below,
I wanna be in the hotness!

Just move me up the vote count, maybe to the fog,
Hurry, hurry, hurry, before I kick a dog,
I can't control the forum, I can't control your votes,
Oh no-oh-oh-oh-ohhh...

Ad nauseum. Vote for the best punk shirt going in the derby... or just give me feedback.

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
sariavo wrote:Because I think this shirt rocks, and since I want to be wearing it a month from now....something for your this stuff isn't copyrighted list...they sell 'bottle fairies' (fairy figures in little bottles) in Ireland. I bought a couple becaue they reminded me of LoZ, each one represented a certain type of fairy. They were really cool.

Yay! That's pretty cool.

@ Leet - T-mobile is trying to what?! Wow. ...and no, just that word. ;)

@ recchiap - Got any suggestions?

@ Zenverse - Thanks! Yeah, I was kinda bummed about The Devil too...

@ NathanOfLight - You sir, are made of clever and win. I didn't even think about how far off I was with item design.

@ Derek - Yay! 66.66%. We'll see on Tuesday I guess. XD

@ outlaw - This is true. I don't think that N*ntendo would go after small guys like the guy printing shirts out of his mom's basement. Woot is a little bigger, and they've been concerned about copyrights in the past.

@ Brizz - True, this isn't a parody, but pandering to nerds nothing! I made this for myself, my friends, and all the other cool kids who appreciate the game and genre it inspired. I also like buttery croissants.

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire

I love the extra touch with the puppies in the background. XD

HoneyMelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HoneyMelon

Not my birth year, but this still gets my vote! Yay for subtle legal game references. :-p

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
drkblkforest wrote:I saw this earlier in the forums and thought it was great! And then I looked again more closely and I can't say I'm too crazy about that border. I don't know, it just seems a little too elementary in comparison to the beautiful etching you did on the chess piece. Maybe resub with a different border? I wouldn't take the whole border away because then it'd be a bit too empty.

you mean like something you would see on a birthday cake?????

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

mooseattacktyler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooseattacktyler
Re: 1986

sweeetttt

FlyinyourSoup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FlyinyourSoup

I MUST HAVE THIS 0_0
I adore bucky orbs.

TAYLORT5

brizz wrote:good lord. do you have any idea what kind of traffic woot gets at midnight? 40 votes is nothing...and happens to the leaders every weekend. Woot needs to start offering tin foil hats to some of you. And since you are obviously blind as well...you do see that this is only THIRD in the hotness and that genome has over 50 votes in the same period right?

Seriously, this cho conspiracy carp is so frigging tired.

jealous people tend to grab at anything.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118
Re: 1986 - The World is Fair

I went to that.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

TAYLORT5

daedalusknight wrote:Woo... broke 100 votes. Thanks for all the support. :-)

I said no more black shirts... oh well I will never pass up david gilmour. you got me.

You're on probation!

JohnQ118

Re: 1948 THE BIRTH OF ROCK AND ROLL, ME, AND OTHER COO

this is actually nice.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1

1973 was the Chinese Year of the Ox, so I did a bull wearing groovy 70s fashion...and let me tell you, it's hard to make something with hooves look like it's giving a thumbs-up. ;)

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
dselig wrote:umm superman had his logo before 1940....

I meant the movie

CuterThanYou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CuterThanYou
Re: 1988 year of the dragon

I rather like the globe effect on it, as opposed to a random ball in the dragon's paw. Call me crazy, but I think it was a great choice!

blu36uy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blu36uy

I may still have reservations about the color of the shirt, but once this shirt is available for purchase I'll gladly give up a yellow rupee!

Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

sportability

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sportability

JC Penny catalog background... nice tie-in

crazyunclejezzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyunclejezzy

WOW...another girl in the world that loves Zelda as much as I do. Amazing. Simply amazing. You definitely GMV, and I am crossing my fingers that this doesn't get pulled (I want one really bad).

JohnQ118

Re: 1982

great. but he needs his pellet gun. that's how he planned (and tried, but failed) to descend.
R.I.P. Larry.

abrowncoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrowncoat
Re: 1970 First Earth Day (1)

I like the blue better but would wear either this or the cream. Great job.