nulli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nulli
netshark wrote:I am now confident that Cho or a fan-faithful has multiple acounts to sway the votes. I am sorry but there is no way that in the prime of the night on a saturday that an entry can recieve 40 votes. Obviously someone here is cheating.



Why is that hard to believe?It appears Shirt.woot gets on average 1000 hits per million people per day.

Alexa Stats Here.

Chances are it could be that he is a damn fine artist. I for one always wanted a t-shirt that was entirely plaid, but I will settle with some than not. Besides I was addicted to NES.

zpss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zpss
Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project



I really like this shirt, but the "ribose" ring is sort of wonky. It looks like you were going for RNA (which would explain the absence of thymidine) but the purine should be attached to a carbon vicinal to one of the OH groups.

redheddedblondie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages redheddedblondie
fablefire wrote:Oman, that made me sad.



I find it funny that you tried to rickroll us in this thread.

and even funnier that I fell for it- not because I didnt expect it, but because I had to make sure.

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
hattopic wrote:I don't think anyone would understand what was going on if I wore this shirt



I think its pretty simple to see whats going on... IMO.

zpss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zpss

tiaerman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: 1977: 2600: A Video Game Odyssey



very smooth design. I hope this makes it to the fog. Good luck, GMV!

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
daedalusknight wrote:I actually made a design a long time ago that had (as one among many design elements) a horse with a flaming mane. It wasn't for a shirt, though, and I have no idea what I did with it...



well I did sketch a whole horse originally for this piece, but I changed my mind after I sat here at the computer. 1, If I did the design like the sketch, it would have to be more like a Chinese ink drawing and I just couldn't get the piece to work properly. 2, I didn't feel like scanning my sketches this week. I've successfully filled an 80gig hard drive so I'm desperately in search of eliminating a ton of stuff from my computer just so I can have room for entries and other art projects.

QuigglyPhD


quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD

Thanks for the advice...already resub'd

QuigglyPhD


quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD

Ahhh, 1983. (resubmitted for extra enjoyment)

Call it the year of the pig and you're liable to have some chinese-toting Kung Fu master give you a slamdown.

In a master of years, 1983 may not have the creation of Transformers or arcade games, but we do have my little pony and Michael Jackson (back when he was still black and doing cool moves like the moonwalk).

In politics we have the declaration of an "evil empire" which was just as sure to win us popularity points as declaring an "axis of evil" would. Also, a proud day in American history with the formal recognition of Martin Luther King, Jr and the rights he fought to champion (no joke needed here).

And what year wouldn't be complete without popular fiction: Risky Business with the famous quote - sometimes you just have to say, what the $%*@.

Overall, 1983, a great year if only because I was born in it too

BorisL12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BorisL12
KENPARS0NS wrote:Conspiracies! YAY! Well done!



this is absolute win. id buy one instantly.

BorisL12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BorisL12
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax



great shirt idea.

wicksta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wicksta
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born



I just want to know when we'll be getting a fablefire.woot.com. You know, all fablefire artwork all the time.. or i suppose even a cho piece or whatever here and there, as long as it has fable's thumb up.

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: 1989 Fall of the Berlin Wall



The sunburst looks very boxed in, but the wall looks great.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1992 - The Arrival of New Age Break Dancing



Didn't break dancing start in the 1970's?

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

I bet you're wrong - There're probably loads of Sabbath fans! And me :D But bat heads don't taste so good, unless you're as stoned as Ozzy most likely was. :X


JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
netshark wrote:FALCOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (copyright?)



definitely (on both accounts)

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Great shirt!! I will buy this and wear this!!

And it's nice to see that I am not the oldest Wooter here :D There's not too many of us submitting on Woot, it seems!


JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1958. Sputnik I Falls Back to Earth



Hopefully you have them spaced that way on your artwork, Sydney. They don't just move your design around. it has to stay proportionally within the 16x20 inch file you send them. Hopefully the earth is not too low. Woot has some restrictions as to how far low on the shirt they'll print.

LoreHera


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoreHera
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born



Oh Goddess bless Fable. I *LOVE* this shirt. I haven't played Zelda for ages, then out of the blue this week I got Phantom hourglass, and I'm hooked all over again. I love this shirt, and will defiantly buy one. No hesitation. Also, I'm fairly sure I can get at least one of the guys where I work to buy it, perhaps both of them, and maybe the other girls too. Being a girl gamer rocks hard. And pink or cream, doesn't matter to me either way, I'm shade blind, but even if it was Magenta, I know a guy who would wear it just because of how much it rocks.

This is my first woot comment, it took something this awesome for me to type here. Please get in the top three so I can get one!

Thanks! Game on!

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Nice idea, but my first impression when looking at it was that it was a depiction of the Japanese Navy flag. Maybe different colors?

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1983: Year of the Boar Resub



This reminds me a little of Cho's Kung Fu Fighting shirt from the Music Lyrics week. Except the pig is actually beating up characters.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1963 JFK ETERNAL FLAME



Taylor, I'd quick resub this without the glow on the piece on the shirt. Having the shirt glow isn't an issue, but if the artwork does, then things get hairy. Other than that, I think it's fine.

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Turbotuff wrote:No offense but I feel like this has been done, I see the differences and the similarities so I am not going to do anything but put this out there:



that looks nothing like the image he made. i'm pretty sure that one uses over 6 colors -_-

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
JadenKale wrote:Taylor, I'd quick resub this without the glow on the piece on the shirt. Having the shirt glow isn't an issue, but if the artwork does, then things get hairy. Other than that, I think it's fine.

yeah ok I don't know how that happened but then I never know how i get double posts sometimes. thanks


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
superspryte wrote:Eugoogalee...



huh...Eugene?


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born


zeldaa lives.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

great movie derek.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Discobiscuits wrote:that looks nothing like the image he made. i'm pretty sure that one uses over 6 colors -_-

It still scares me, And I fear nothing.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

andrewlb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}



I like this one, especially the dogs and human hiding in the back

cho what do you do with all the money you win? If you could successfully do this every week, that becomes an incredibly steady income

I'm only human

penlight


quality posts: 2 Private Messages penlight
Re: 1970 - First earth day (on cream)



I love love love this shirt and when I can buy it, I will buy more than one. It seems impossible to me that it won't be one of the top 3, but if it isn't please contact me as to where I can buy one. Thanks!!!

Webfoot08


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: 1983: Year of the Boar Resub



This has nice composition. Cho's featured one big cat and a bunch of little ones - this one has figures all on par size-wise, and very differently dressed. Lots of action here. I like it! Thanks for the resub, it's fun to see designs close up. I like the pig! I mean boar.

turtlelove


quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtlelove
Re: 1974 - year of the tiger



love this pic but not on orange, maybr green?

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: space 1967



Very Groovy Robert. Why did you wait so long to enter it?
-Andy



superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: 1984: UN Condemns Chemical Weapons


Love for the chemical mask? ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Andy47240 wrote:Very Groovy Robert. Why did you wait so long to enter it?
-Andy



I didn't actually. I entered it Friday at noon but I had all the spacecraft touching which made a blobby mess where you couldn't really see what was what. This is the resub.

jenny78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
netshark wrote:I am now confident that Cho or a fan-faithful has multiple acounts to sway the votes. I am sorry but there is no way that in the prime of the night on a saturday that an entry can recieve 40 votes. Obviously someone here is cheating.



I would love to agree with you because I get tired of seeing an animal design win every week, but I really don't think anyone with eyes could deny that Cho has incredible talent. This shirt is amazingly well drawn. I won't vote for it because I would never buy something like this, and I only vote for things that I would definitely buy, but it's going to win. And it deserves to. I just wish he'd draw something besides an animal for a couple weeks. There's no way he's cheating though. Everyone knows woot has the most hits when a new shirt is first up for sale. So, why wouldn't that be the best time to enter a shirt in the derby? More people will see it and vote. He's just smart. Not a cheater.

LeetRantipole


quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole
fablefire wrote:@ Leet - T-mobile is trying to what?! Wow. ...and no, just that word. ;)


Yep: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/in-other-news/t+mobile-owns-magenta-319824.php

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching You




Great job on the shirt ... and more importantly, thank you for showing others what you went through to create it. I think it will help a lot of newcomers that are wondering how some designers create their masterpieces. You certainly have my vote!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

kixxster wrote:Yeah I figured some people would have an issue with the fact that this is impossible. I did try it with more holes but then the date would be way less obvious [as if it wasn't obscure enough already] I may mess around with it some more if I have the time, but for now, i'm using my creative license...


Well, now that we see the date in there, this will be rejected for text. No text really does mean no text.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2