mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

What Duck Hunt happened in 1984? What did I sleep through?

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
jimiyo wrote:nice work... stinky hippie!

i kid i kid... about the stinky hippie part.

nice ICD impression. hippies rock!

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

TAYLORT5 wrote:huh...Eugene?

Derek Zoolander.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

silt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silt

maybe i'm a bit bias because i was also born in 71' and Evil was also my hero, but i love this one. it's simple and cool, and has my vote. nice job! good luck!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: 1984: Soyuz T-11 Launched

Cartoon Russian Rockets!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
JohnQ118 wrote:this is actually nice.

Thanks,

I'm a visual fine artist and photographer, but have never done graphic design. I have Photoshop Elements and just started to work on learning layering two weeks ago. This shirt designing has been a great incentive for me to learn how to use it.

For everyone's information the items that were "born" in 1948, besides me, (and I'm quite the item!), were a certain fast food chain providing us with billions, and billions of hamburgers and fries, a certain plastic disc inspired by a pie tin from a baking company, a certain word game using tiles, and a certain electric guitar that came out in a solid body, not to mention the fusing of rythmn and blues with electricity which gave birth that year to Rock and Roll!

RandomHandle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RandomHandle

Awesome!

I actually had the transformers big wheel; and I swear, one day, it actually transformed - just like on this t shirt!!!1

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

You cannot deny that this is awesome. The dog needs a target over it's face though, everyone always tries to shoot that damn dog.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

JadenKale wrote:Groovy KLS!

TAYLORT5 wrote:nice ICD impression. hippies rock!

Thanks Jaden and Taylor. Glad you like it!

You both have been working on some great entries this week! I'm enjoying seeing the range in ages of the designers. I had an idea of a lot of people's ages based on their posts. But, a few designers have surprised me this week.

Taylor- Love the chess one! Great details!

Jaden- Of your entires, I think my favorite is the test-tube baby.

martiedawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martiedawn
Re: 1989 -Tiananmen Square

Nice concept, but the purple outlining is a bit odd and as the no text rule is in play it will get rejected dye to the "!"

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
zpss wrote:I really like this shirt, but the "ribose" ring is sort of wonky. It looks like you were going for RNA (which would explain the absence of thymidine) but the purine should be attached to a carbon vicinal to one of the OH groups.

Now, THAT'S a nerd.

Seriously, I never would have known that. Then again, I don't find this piece wearable for myself anyway. Every time I look at the piece, I see Africa. And since it's on black, I find a sub conscience feeling there's a deeper connotation behind the design, even if there isn't. I'm by no means implicating that the designer was trying to do this, it's just what I see when I stare at it in the FOG. I'm not trying to be racist in any way by pointing out what I'm seeing within the design so please do not take offense at it. However, if you WERE trying to make it look that way, by all means, please enlighten us because I don't want to sit here thinking I'm crazy seeing a design within a design.

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
mia3mom wrote:nice work! And btw my daughter hasn't taken off the Turtle shirt for 3 days. She's been wearing mine, too. :P

I feel ripped off that no dragons were in the greed fog, so definitely gmv!

Thanks to you and your daughter

Glad they like the shirt

Too bad this dragon isnt doing as great xD

Ill just try harder next time around.

starryeyedsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starryeyedsky
LeetRantipole wrote:Yep: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/in-other-news/t+mobile-owns-magenta-319824.php

Man, they are really messed up. I'd like to call attention to:
"T-Mobile, the T-Mobile logo,... the T-Mobile acoustic logo, and the color magenta are registered and/or unregistered trademarks..."

I wish I could underline the term "unregistered trademarks" but I can only figure out how to make it bold, which only slightly shows up. That phrase brings up the question, which is an unregistered trademark and which is a registered trademark? My guess, color magenta is unregistered. Also, I don't think that will hold up in court, as long as the company T-Mobile sues isn't another phone company. An unregistered trademark may (key here is may) be considered a protected trademark from what I understand. Sadly, I have too much work on a Title VII paper to look into this one.

So I searched through published case opinion involving Nintendo as the plaintiff (the one suing) and here is the result (Note: I only looked at federal cases because Copyright is a federal issue. And honestly, as a corporation, Nintendo has a better chance suing in a federal court than a state court. Besides, why sue in a state court when you are dealing with a federal issue?):

Nintendo of America, Inc. v. NTDEC, 51 F.3d 281 (9th Cir. 1995) - Nintendo sues NTDEC for reproducing, repackaging, and selling the counterfeit games. I personally feel this is an obvious copyright infringement. (court did too)

Nintendo of America, Inc. v. Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc., 16 F.3d 1032 (9th Cir. 1994) - Nintendo sells for the creation and distribution of the Game Genie. Game Genie won this one.

Nintendo of America, Inc. v. Dragon Pacific Intern., 40 F.3d 1007 (9th Cir. 1994) - Nintendo sues a manufacturer of a gaming console very similar to the NES that created game cartridges with more than 10 games on each cartridge, many of which were copyrighted Nintendo games. Nintendo Won.

And to prevent this from getting too long, the rest of the cases where Nintendo Sued involved more copyright infringement where someone was trying to sell a Nintendo game unlawfully and a case with Nintendo challenging a patent which someone claimed they infringed. Note: none of the cases I found were after 1996. This doesn't mean cases don't exist in which Nintendo sued, it just means those court decisions weren't published by the judge. But for the most part, the infringement cases dealt with actual copying of a game made by Nintendo.

And as a random side note, check out the wikipedia article on when Universal sued nintendo in the 80s for copyright infringement on their movie King Kong. They lost. Silly Universal. I point you to a wikipedia article, because you'd have to pay to access a legal database.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_City_Studios,_Inc._v._Nintendo_Co.,_Ltd.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Duck Hunt was a 1984 Nintendo game. I can remember playing it at a friend's house. I wish the graphics of the game had looked like this shirt.

starryeyedsky

daedalusknight wrote:You're welcome.

By the way... has Lucas actually sued anyone for printing his giant gray bowling ball on a t-shirt before? :-)

Probably, he sues for many things. Seriously, you don't want to cross him.

twincarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twincarma
jenny78 wrote:I would love to agree with you because I get tired of seeing an animal design win every week, but I really don't think anyone with eyes could deny that Cho has incredible talent. This shirt is amazingly well drawn. I won't vote for it because I would never buy something like this, and I only vote for things that I would definitely buy, but it's going to win. And it deserves to. I just wish he'd draw something besides an animal for a couple weeks. There's no way he's cheating though. Everyone knows woot has the most hits when a new shirt is first up for sale. So, why wouldn't that be the best time to enter a shirt in the derby? More people will see it and vote. He's just smart. Not a cheater.

cho not doing animals would be like monet doing portraits, or picasso doing landscapes. He most likely could do something else but animals are his thing.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Probably the most tasteful Zelda shirt I've ever seen. No weird text that tries to make it sound "cool", but there's a lot there, and the color choice is brilliant, since it softens it all. Looks better every time I look at it.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
SydneyB wrote:Great shirt!! I will buy this and wear this!!

And it's nice to see that I am not the oldest Wooter here :D There's not too many of us submitting on Woot, it seems!

Thanks,

I'm a newbie oldie. My daughter told me about the Woot site, and then on a whim I decided to try the shirt designing. I am just begining to figure out my Photoshop Element's layering. I've only used it in the past for regular photo editing - you're never too old to learn!

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
mellian wrote:I figured out everyone else, but I can't place the guy beside Nixon. Who is he?

thanks!

That would be Jimmy Hoffa, who disappeared in '75, never to be found again. Muhuhahahahahaha!

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
JadenKale wrote:Now, THAT'S a nerd.

Seriously, I never would have known that. Then again, I don't find this piece wearable for myself anyway. Every time I look at the piece, I see Africa. And since it's on black, I find a sub conscience feeling there's a deeper connotation behind the design, even if there isn't. I'm by no means implicating that the designer was trying to do this, it's just what I see when I stare at it in the FOG. I'm not trying to be racist in any way by pointing out what I'm seeing within the design so please do not take offense at it. However, if you WERE trying to make it look that way, by all means, please enlighten us because I don't want to sit here thinking I'm crazy seeing a design within a design.

No it's not Africa and the design is on the front of the shirt. I did not mean for this design to have any racist connotations whatsoever.

Charleenarandall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Charleenarandall

Well the Heroes logo is an eclipse. Technically, I think the maker of the universe had the idea for this logo before NBC

melancholy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melancholy
Re: 1975 Oh So Cool! (Resub)

I kinda like this one more in the preview image because it didn't have that sunburst behind it. The sunburst doesn't work as well.

JadenKale

sundbe10 wrote:No it's not Africa and the design is on the front of the shirt. I did not mean for this design to have any racist connotations whatsoever.

I believe you misread black for back, but I'm happy to see you were able to answer fairly quickly. I hate making such comments for fear of the flaming, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't seeing something that people weren't commenting on.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
schizoreaper wrote:well, since the print colors have been addressed already, i'll point out that the knees make the figure seem bowlegged. try standing with feet together, and observe how your own legs meet up. generally, they'll be pretty close at the knees, the calves, and the thighs. and speaking of feet, these are rather wide and flat. maybe add some realistic contours and depth. finally, there is a light circle just barely cutting into the shoulder on the right which seems to give it very odd musculature. maybe push the circle into the silhouette more? or you could omit the overlay

The silhouete is a picture of myself, I happen to be mildly bowlegged and those are my real legs and feet.

JadenKale

Re: 1978 - The Walkman Available for Purchase

*sigh* no one has any comments at all for this one... *mock pouts* oh well.

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster

jerudc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerudc

Awesome. I'd buy it!!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

Nice shirt, Skek. Good luck!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
AGrant311 wrote:Duck Hunt was a 1984 Nintendo game. I can remember playing it at a friend's house. I wish the graphics of the game had looked like this shirt.

Thank you. And you are right, this duck is a LOT better than that duck.

starryeyedsky

starryeyedsky wrote:Probably, he sues for many things. Seriously, you don't want to cross him.

Also, I forgot to say that I like the design, and personally, I think it looks better with the crescent moon

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: 1972. Pong!

this is my second shirt ever... i don't no how to put it on the shirt design but if i did it would b centered in the front of like a black shirt and quite large... hope some people like it

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
silt wrote:maybe i'm a bit bias because i was also born in 71' and Evil was also my hero, but i love this one. it's simple and cool, and has my vote. nice job! good luck!

Thanks! I was hoping it would do better...but I'll put this up in my Zazzle store when the 60 days are up.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

shan24 wrote:Thanks! I was hoping it would do better...but I'll put this up in my Zazzle store when the 60 days are up.

Hey Shan, you got any info on the new PS contest?

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama
Re: 1978

Wow that's awesome TG! Hope you can pull through this time, the fall of you king made me sad! GMV!

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman
Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project

just to reiterate this shirt freakin' rox. excellent work

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
Re: 1963-Bobby Fischer again

Not really huge on chess but this is really well done. GMV ...on both entries. ;)

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
Re: 1973

I can't pass on Gilmour and Floyd either. I just hope this doesn't come into any kind of issues with copyright even tho it's not a triangle.

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
uforeader wrote:but the album was released in 1982. since it was #1 for 3 years... maybe it could work for 82, 83, and 84!

Well it was recorded in 1981 by Epic Records ;P so 1981 (recorded), 1982 (album), 1983 (video), 2008 (25th anniversary? =p)

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
bigbadblackman wrote:just to reiterate this shirt freakin' rox. excellent work

Africa?? Are you serious? This is one of the few shirts I feel like I could actually wear...PLEASE let it win.