battlespikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages battlespikes

Looks like a Misfits album cover...and I love the MISFITS! In for one!

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
Re: 1970: Black Sabbath Debut

I like it and also share the year... GMV!

frantix

daedalusknight wrote:WARNING: The comedy file linked below contains "offensive language" and thus should not be listened to by anyone who objects to such things:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Thanks for the link.. I listened to a few things on the Rollins page and thought the I Know You was very cool. Had to listen being a very big NIN fan too.

skaght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
ugomona wrote:I hate to be a killjoy, but the car is a 77-78 Trans Am. The 76 had round headlights.

What I think happened was that this car (the '76) was flying around (probably in 1984) and Cho was playing Duck Hunt. Yes, I know Cho would have been an infant, but Cho had super infant powers that allowed him to play Duck Hunt. Anyway, Cho, being an infant, confused the flying '76 Trans Am for a duck and shot it down. The front panel and the head lights got all banged up and needed to be replaced. The owner of the flying '76 Trans Am, having just shelled out a boatload for the wings couldn't afford the classic '76 front panel, so opted for the body shop to replace it with the '77 front panel that was readily available from the junk yard. (Cho also confused '77 Trans Ams for Centepedes in his youth.)

socalicitizen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socalicitizen
Re: 1979 - Galaxian Conques All

alian spacecraft flying in the shapes of numbers is txt? that's carp!!! fie on you shirt judger! fie i say!

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
ATho1100 wrote:this is my second shirt ever... i don't no how to put it on the shirt design but if i did it would b centered in the front of like a black shirt and quite large... hope some people like it

It's going to be rejected because of the numbers. There's no text allowed this derby.

gawl13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gawl13
Re: 1969

Nice shirt dude...I LOVE IT!!!! Monty Python is the best!

frantix

ugomona wrote:I hate to be a killjoy, but the car is a 77-78 Trans Am. The 76 had round headlights.

Oh well who cares??? It's the car that counts.

hworksinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hworksinc
Re: 1984: The year the marshmallow lost it

1984 was a quality year in film. Indiana Jones, Gremlins, Footloose, and 16 Candles were all bestowed upon our generation. One movie that stood out in geek subculture was Ghostbusters. It had us all dreaming of using our proton packs to splatter marshmallowy goodness over NYC. But did anyone think to take a deeper look into the Stay Puft man? What made this symbol of tastiness turn rotten? This shirt suggests that the marshmallow's evil streak had more behind it than Zuul's magic. In a tragic campfire incident, 1984 became the year the marshmallow lost it.

bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

This shirts is awesome, it'll go nicely with my stable of zelda shirts I currently own thanx to my gf. great job

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

frantix

dekonstruct wrote:Is that how Lawnchair Larry did it? I know on mythbusters they used a bb gun, but I couldn't find anything on how Larry got down.

The only reference I found was in the imitators section on Wikipedia...

Kent Couch, a 47-year-old gas station owner from Bend, Oregon, ... Like Walters, Couch also had a BB gun on hand to shoot the balloons in order to initiate descent on his first attempt. ...

The entire read... Lawnchair Larry @ Wikipedia.

frantix

iheartjavelinas wrote:No wit. No puns. Just a simple, clean design that I'd want to wear.

Not bad but the green... ack! At least brown would have offset as a natural color.

frantix

BigKuntry wrote:I'm year of the pig.

No one wants to eulogize that.

You boar me!

Sorry! Couldn't resist.

Nice design on the shirt, not any of those years but like the seamless snake.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

Very clever, and that orange and teal pops. Onward to the fog with ye.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
tgentry wrote:Hey Shan, you got any info on the new PS contest?

Nope sorry, I wish I did. Joe and I have both emailed Jason and Dave with no results. I guess we're taking the week off.

frantix

eHalcyon wrote:I'm afraid Chinese characters are still considered text. This will be rejected.

Great design, too bad some decent ones have gotten rejected while some really foul ones continue on.

Turn the Chinese into line art ... I like the way it contrasts the colors. I'm not an Ox but like the shirt.

frantix

Andy47240 wrote:I had to make him a lefty again. I messed that up on the first one and it was driving me crazy.
-Andy

Well done.. I'm not much of an artist but was trying to come up with something for Hendrix and 70.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
frantix wrote:Well done.. I'm not much of an artist but was trying to come up with something for Hendrix and 70.

Frantix, I would like to see what you can come up with. I hope you put something together.
-Andy

poweroffrisky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poweroffrisky
littlejetties wrote:Oh! There's a little space geek in me.

Dang that is a some killer art!

and this shirt rocks! Nicely done!

poweroffrisky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poweroffrisky
Re: 1970 First Earth Day (1)

this shirt is just amazing! I really hope it wins! :D

caspianta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caspianta
Re: 1975 - one flew over the cuckoo's nest released

i would buy this but for two things:

1. the way the tree ends at the bottom.
2. the cut out and pasted on look. if there had been some areas left open for the blue to be used as a color in the design i think it wouldn't look so disconnected from the shirt it's on.

caspianta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caspianta
Re: 1979 Year of the Goat

i think this goat knows something i don't...

frantix

JohnQ118 wrote:great. but he needs his pellet gun. that's how he planned (and tried, but failed) to descend.
R.I.P. Larry.

Are you referencing the right guy? He did use the pellet gun to descend into power lines and then climbed down to safety and then was arrested.

bunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunt
skaght wrote:What I think happened was that this car (the '76) was flying around (probably in 1984) and Cho was playing Duck Hunt. Yes, I know Cho would have been an infant, but Cho had super infant powers that allowed him to play Duck Hunt. Anyway, Cho, being an infant, confused the flying '76 Trans Am for a duck and shot it down. The front panel and the head lights got all banged up and needed to be replaced. The owner of the flying '76 Trans Am, having just shelled out a boatload for the wings couldn't afford the classic '76 front panel, so opted for the body shop to replace it with the '77 front panel that was readily available from the junk yard. (Cho also confused '77 Trans Ams for Centepedes in his youth.)

You are correct. That is almost exactly what happened. I had to have the front end replaced and the only flying trans am replacement I could find was from a 78'.

frantix

Re: 1972

I like anything technology but wish for a dark background.

frantix

Leahbh wrote:This looks way too much like the heroes logo for me.

http://www.aquavpc.com/blog/images/Image%20et%20son/heroes_logo.jpg

Amazing how the Heroes logo looks just like an eclipse isn't it?

frantix

Re: 1985--From Russia with Fun!

Rejected because: No text...thanks

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN

Like the design other than the full lines.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
gargrazz wrote:Vote for the best punk shirt going in the derby... or just give me feedback.

Isn't it the only punk shirt in the derby? :-)

Feedback: I love the layout and color palette, Nice and sharp for a sharp band. I wonder, though, if the curviness of things is hurting the design. When I think Ramones I think sharp edges and abrupt corners, not swervy roundness.

Just a thought.

frantix

Like it... can't really add too much to pong unlike the rejected carp would suggest.

Rejected because: Similar shirts already exist

Another big yawwwwwn to the shirt adowwuble cutie-patootie.

daedalusknight

FlyinyourSoup wrote:I MUST HAVE THIS 0_0
I adore bucky orbs.

Heheheh... you have to put it as one word... buckyballs... or the filter changes that second word to "orbs." :-)

frantix

TravelingKailey wrote:It's going to be rejected because of the numbers. There's no text allowed this derby.

Or because the other two pong shirts submitted on Saturday got rejected but yes the no text rule is front and center.

Pong Submission 1
Pong Submission 2

daedalusknight

TAYLORT5 wrote:I said no more black shirts... oh well I will never pass up david gilmour. you got me.

Yeah, I know I use black shirts a lot, but I couldn't help putting this one on black. The blue 30th anniversary cover just isn't as powerful. Or recognizable. Glad you like it and thanks for the vote. :-)

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 1972. Pong!

Kailey is right about the numbers. In addition woot already rejected aPong shirt this derby, since they say there are already shirts like that available.

AT, I suggest you find out from either another wooter or someone local who does computer design how to use the shirt templates. In the past, woot has been very strict about only accepting entries on them. While there is a remote possibility they could make an exception (0.00001%), that is not something you want to depend on.

daedalusknight

JadenKale wrote:well I did sketch a whole horse originally for this piece, but I changed my mind after I sat here at the computer. 1, If I did the design like the sketch, it would have to be more like a Chinese ink drawing and I just couldn't get the piece to work properly. 2, I didn't feel like scanning my sketches this week. I've successfully filled an 80gig hard drive so I'm desperately in search of eliminating a ton of stuff from my computer just so I can have room for entries and other art projects.

Yeah, I know that feeling. I just went back and started cleaning out some old artwork... I can't beleive how many different versions of some images I saved. Plus I have a lot of them on paper in a file cabinet too!

Anyway, I love Chinese ink drawing... SUPER hard to pull off with anything but ink and paper... or maybe someone with illustrator who really knows how to design brushes.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

hahahahaha!!

daedalusknight

JadenKale wrote:Seriously, I never would have known that. Then again, I don't find this piece wearable for myself anyway. Every time I look at the piece, I see Africa.

I kinda see what you're saying, but to me it looks much more like Florida than Africa. Hey... Rorschach test, everybody! What land mass does the design of this shirt make you think of?

nyadolla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyadolla
melancholy wrote:I kinda like this one more in the preview image because it didn't have that sunburst behind it. The sunburst doesn't work as well.

should i get rid of the sunburst?

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
Turbotuff wrote:Hey Derek, congrats on the 24 this year, just turned 24 on the 9th myself... I would have to get this shirt just for the year.

And I still can't even rent a car

So I know this doesn't really relate to the shirt at all, but you can still rent a car even if you're younger than 25. It just costs more.

daedalusknight

starryeyedsky wrote:Probably, he sues for many things. Seriously, you don't want to cross him.

Heheh... I heard Darth Vader's theme (Imperial March) in my head just now when you said that. :-)

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew
littlejetties wrote:Both designs are missing the B.B. gun for shooting the balloons.

There's enough anti-gun sentiment floating around, I figured it diminished marketability.

Meh.

Shaving.