JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1978 - First Test Tube Baby Was Born

Come on guys and gals! Show the baby you wuv him

underblueskies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages underblueskies
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

So are you mocking the conspiracy theory or do you actually believe we faked the moon landing? I of course prefer to think we landed on the moon, so I don't think I'd wear this shirt.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
renee1112 wrote:Woot!! Horse!! Anything horses has my vote.
And I am also a Horse in the Chinese Zodiac.

~R

Thanks renee! I appreciate the vote! I kinda also did this piece because a friend of mine loves horses. Unfortunately she's out of the country right now (she's in Canada scoping things out for possible relocation) and I don't think she got the message I sent her about my shirts being up to vote on.

When I was over at my parents' house, I saw a commercial that reminded me of the glow in the dark ink that woot recently used on the lightning bug t-shirt. It occurred to me, that this would look really cool with the large circles in glow ink to show off the constellation. (or all of the circles to just signify the stars)

claudrol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claudrol

spectacle rock is an entrance to death

definately making sure i get this one right at 1 am

if it wins

good luck

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
Re: 1977: Lockheed Have Blue

December 1, 1977 - First flight of Lockheed's top-secret stealth aircraft project designated Have Blue
Have Blue was the code-name for Lockheed's "proof of concept" (i.e. prototype) Stealth Fighter program which preceded the F-117 Nighthawk production stealth aircraft project. The Have Blue was the first fixed-wing aircraft designed from an electrical engineering (rather than an aerodynamic) perspective. The aircraft's plate-like, faceted shape was designed to deflect electromagnetic waves, making the plane essentially invisible to radar

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!
-------------------------------------

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Re: 1975 - Jaws scares moviegoers out of the water

Is it just me, or does that look like the size of a megalodon? I wouldn't want to be swimming with that thing.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
lintbox wrote:go 1973!! got my vote, good luck dk!

Thanks so much!

I seem to have become glued to place number eight for some reason. A whole bunch of shirts have passed me on their way up to the fog, and an equal number have dropped down past me... net gain of zero places, though I have a whole pile more votes than yesterday. Thanks to everyone who's been voting and trying to get my shirt to be upwardly mobile. :-)

daedalusknight

CuterThanYou wrote:I am a HUGE fan of sharks, so I'm automatically biased towards this lovely creation. I love how the shark was drawn, and the scene going on. I wish you the best of luck, and you've got my vote!

"Cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark. "

sammichface

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sammichface
Re: 1968

I don't understand... the description says " or even the number itself" :|
this looks like a number to me. Woot confuses me.

daedalusknight

brizz wrote:uhm, because they were BORN in the 70s, they weren't exactly going to Sex Pistols shows...their formative cultural years were defined by John Hughes ;)

Bender: "Naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two-foot salami under the other. The bartender says, I guess you won't be needing a drink. Naked lady says..."

(falls through ceiling)

daedalusknight

underblueskies wrote:I think I'd prefer the design with some kind of skyline to add some perspective, otherwise it kinda just looks like an orange circle on a black shirt. Its still way cool.

How about one with some with a beam of light shooting in one and and a prismatic spray of colors shooting out the other? :-)

(like the one in my sig right here :-)

suicidekills

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suicidekills

does no one else remember doing this?

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
snarkygal wrote:Just FYI Jenny, Cho has had quite a few entries that did not win or place in Derbies...

I was really wanting a frisbee/ hacky sack shirt guys.........

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Jahlien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jahlien
Re: 1960 Psycho

I'm surprised this isn't getting more love. Great design, highgrassfarm.

lostmimic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostmimic

Who ever made this shirt has no idea of the pain and suffering caused by these two men (and the fact that Castro had Che killed :P). Every time I see some kid wearing a Che shirt, who obviously doesn't know what it stands for my blood pressure shoots up. Im not tattling on the shirt, its free speech but Ill let you know how I and millions of others really feel about it.

PatMcNJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PatMcNJ

Great shirt! I love it.

I remember the summer this film came out (I was in high school). It was on EVERYONE'S mind, every time you went to the beach. People referred to it all the time.

Funnier, might have been the "Land Shark" take on Jaws on Saturday Night Live, Chevy Chase style. You know, "Telegram", "Pizza delivery", etc.)

morgellon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgellon
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

Heh, this shirt is great! Loved it the moment I saw it. ^^

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
brizz wrote:right...but can you honestly tell me you'd recognize that without being told what it was supposed to be? i sure as hell wouldn't.

plus it's michael jackson the famous child ______ you can add the rest. he also befriended paul , and sought advice on what to invest in ...then stole the beatles music. to keep his pockets lined.I would never buy this(and if I seen it ,I'd burn it) truely the devil itself.IMO

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

crimsonclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimsonclay
SailorButterfly wrote:Woot will want to see it on a shirt, so you might want to slap the design on a shirt template and resubmit.

Ok, Thanks. This is my first submission. I will resumbit.

kimbo3311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimbo3311
Re: 1984: Robots in Disguise

AWWWW YEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

theother1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theother1
littlejetties wrote:Oh! There's a little space geek in me.

That looks like it may be pre "Pluto != planet" work. Beautiful colors.
Shirt GMV

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

Damn... nice job again Cho.

yodathefrog28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yodathefrog28
Re: 1979: REDUX

Three Mile Island...accident...REDUX

Just wanted to submit a second version of my design, not on Heather Grey.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 1964 - Computer Mouse is invented

It is amazing that you could do this with 6 colors. Looks like much more at first.. Good use of the shirt color.

SkekTek

Re: 1972

Aw, cmon folks, give this some love. It's brilliant!

phunkygrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phunkygrl

Nice design

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
smithsonia wrote:Harpo is my favorite Marx Brother, but I've got to vote for this.
I'm going to de-vote all my others, to give this one a better chance.
make that three hard-boiled eggs! (I know, not his line)

many many thanks, i can't say this is my most creative entry since it is just a silhouette of a genius that did all the real work. btw, im a big fan, you are very talented enin or smithsonia or whatever your real name is

digitalral wrote:MUST HAVE LETS VOTE!
DUCK SOUP SAYS IT ALL
manncarol wrote:I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard Groucho had died--it still hits me. I loved this guy.
I doubt there are enough voters to make this a contender, but I'm so happy to see there are others with my unusual attachment and affection.

thanks fellas, i think we do share a rather unusual attachment for this guy, they just don't make them like they used to.

2thFairy wrote:isn't this a liscensed image?

i did create this myself, but if you've seen something, please forward me a link, i don't want to step on anyone's toes.

happy wooting, thanks again for the votes!
:^J

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: 1979: REDUX

Love those faces!

SkekTek

AdderXYU wrote:QFT. The derby is about the year you were born, and while woot obviously can't police our actual ages, it means that the year should be important. It means that any shirt with an incorrect date should be rejected for being off theme. Otherwise, why not just do a straight-up History theme?

Oh, c'mon... we're not official history policemen here. If the artist made the shirt with a good-faith explanation as to why they thought the year was what it was, and shows evidence supporting that theory, we should accept it as such. As long as it's in the general ballpark. If it's way off and obvious, yeah reject (like saying the Godfather was released in 1956 or something like that).

When it's something like the human genome project, which took a long time for people to get their ducks in a row (so to speak) across many countries and institutions, hammering a specific date/year may be difficult. Just my $0.02 though... I think the shirt looks great.

Ladypiccolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ladypiccolo

This would have rocked for the song lyrics derby too!!!

ElRicardo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElRicardo
mjc613 wrote:It is amazing that you could do this with 6 colors. Looks like much more at first.. Good use of the shirt color.

Thanks.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching You

Your best shirt yet. IMO. Would def. buy and wear this. Great Job. Altho my favorite shirt this week is the transformer shirt. lol.

Well there is always next year....

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
KenneyandJosephus wrote:
One of Andy Warhol's prints from 1959 was (Stamped) Lips. This design shows how it was made. The puckers worked in Warhol's sweatshop for years before they escaped like Puffaluffs.

These puckers work for me now. Perhaps if they achieve a degree of success not dissimilar to that of Andy Warhol, I will release them to go out and lead lives of their own!

dekonstruct

Re: 1993- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Doesn't really capture the hotness of the pink one.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Re: 1984: Robots in Disguise

This is the best shirt ever. I need to own this. WOOT please print this. lol.

Well there is always next year....

chipthamac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chipthamac
AdderXYU wrote:You thriller types need to get in agreement with which year the thriller dance takes place in

Michael Jackson's "Thriller" is a 14-minute music video for the song of the same name released on December 2, 1983 and directed by John Landis who also co-wrote the screenplay with Jackson.

BTW: I'm n41 should it ever get that far. nice!

dekonstruct

Re: 1976 - The year I was made

I dunno, that's pretty straight and to the point... get it? point... ugh, is this thing on?

moocowgirl100288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moocowgirl100288

brilliance!

dekonstruct

Re: 1956 - Color TV enters world

Definitely submit this on black. That would make it look more like it was perhaps on a TV.