dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: 1981 - Cars Learn To Fly

This tickles my 1.21 gigawattz!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

theother1 wrote:That looks like it may be pre "Pluto != planet" work. Beautiful colors.
Shirt GMV

Now our Solar System has 11 planets, or hadn't you heard? We have 8 planets (the 9 sans Pluto) and 3 dwarf planets (Pluto, Eris and Ceres). ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

sopranogrl22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sopranogrl22
Re: Coke PWN take 2

In 1985, the Coca Cola company tried to reinvent itself, creatively calling their newer, sweeter product "New Coke." Consumers hated it, and in two months old school Coca Cola Classic ruled the shelves once again...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:It is amazing that you could do this with 6 colors. Looks like much more at first.. Good use of the shirt color.

I'm counting more than 6.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sopranogrl22 wrote:In 1985, the Coca Cola company tried to reinvent itself, creatively calling their newer, sweeter product "New Coke." Consumers hated it, and in two months old school Coca Cola Classic ruled the shelves once again...

You still can't use that bottle shape or the swirl logo and you have to put the year in the title.

sopranogrl22

superspryte wrote:You still can't use that bottle shape or the swirl logo and you have to put the year in the title.

The bottle shape is totally different than the Coca Cola copyrighted shape...

sopranogrl22

superspryte wrote:You still can't use that bottle shape or the swirl logo and you have to put the year in the title.

Oh geez, I'm an one that smells of Elderberries! Any way I can go in and add the date to the title??

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sopranogrl22 wrote:The bottle shape is totally different than the Coca Cola copyrighted shape...

Okay, then the logo, color (maybe, I can't tell if you changed it or not) and definitely the title.

sopranogrl22

sopranogrl22 wrote:Oh geez, I'm an one that smells of Elderberries! Any way I can go in and add the date to the title??

Guh? I didn't write that!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sopranogrl22 wrote:Oh geez, I'm an one that smells of Elderberries! Any way I can go in and add the date to the title??

You need to take it down and resub. Tha's the only way.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sopranogrl22 wrote:Guh? I didn't write that!

Woot has filters.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: 1970: Black Sabbath Debut

Looks great, Andy! Dig the colors and clean linework.

sopranogrl22

superspryte wrote:You need to take it down and resub. Tha's the only way.

Oh, okay...*giggles*. Thanks for the help!

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

Cho was born in 1984? I always thought he was older than that.. didn't he say to be a father of 2 or 3 or 4 kids somewhere?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sopranogrl22 wrote:Oh, okay...*giggles*. Thanks for the help!

No problem. Good luck with the resub!

sopranogrl22

superspryte wrote:No problem. Good luck with the resub!

Thanks! =)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

keyser520 wrote:Cho was born in 1984? I always thought he was older than that.. didn't he say to be a father of 2 or 3 or 4 kids somewhere?

Ummm, not that I know of... And why would his username be jamescho84? ^_~

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
superspryte wrote:I'm counting more than 6.

Dang. What did I miss? I only see Black, Creme, Blue, Neon Green, Tan and Gold on a Cardinal shirt.

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
superspryte wrote:Ummm, not that I know of... And why would his username be jamescho84? ^_~

I never even noticed the 84 next to his name... I usually ignore numbers like that for some reason...

Great...now I feel bad. The man is infinitely more talented than I am AND younger... Darn these youths for showing us old fogies up! :=)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:Dang. What did I miss? I only see Black, Creme, Blue, Neon Green, Tan and Gold on a Cardinal shirt.

If you look in the shadows near the hand there is also a brown. Either that's an additional color or a transparency (because that definitely doesn't look like the cranberry shirt), neither of which can be done.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

keyser520 wrote:I never even noticed the 84 next to his name... I usually ignore numbers like that for some reason...

Great...now I feel bad. The man is infinitely more talented than I am AND younger... Darn these youths for showing us old fogies up! :=)

Yes, numbers are everything. You must be from year 520. ^_~

mjc613

SkekTek wrote:Aw, cmon folks, give this some love. It's brilliant!

Could it be considered woot-related? It's certainly kenney-related

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
JadenKale wrote:Didn't break dancing start in the 1970's?

Indeed. Break dancing was around LONG before 1992.

Hate to burst your bubble, kiddo, but the gentleman is correct.

But, the design is pretty sweet - I'll give you that.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: 1973

I really like this now that I've read the description. Nice job relating the two. Not sure I'd wear it though, as I'd have to explain it every time someone looked at it..

kixxster

JadenKale wrote:um no. It has to be something relating to the year in which you were born, not the actual act of conception.

I think it was a pretty clever take. I mean, it is an event that happened that year...

bobvonboris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobvonboris
Re: 1979: REDUX

Talk about a nasty fart!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
frantix wrote:Great design, too bad some decent ones have gotten rejected while some really foul ones continue on.

Turn the Chinese into line art ... I like the way it contrasts the colors. I'm not an Ox but like the shirt.

thanks. i would have done it sooner, but the file was at work and i had to wait till today to make the changes.

kixxster

Re: 1985 - Welcome the king of Puzzle Games

I just sort of wish it was a regular Tetris board. I like that the shapes are 3d, but its sort of a Tetris city, not really true to the original game. I <3 Tetris though

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

Here's my theory, Cho wins because he produces a lot of designs within the first day. Typically I see 3 a derby, which means he has lots of ideas.

So basically.

lots of ideas + quick turnaround + good steady design skills = steady wins.

My 9 to 5 gets in the way of implementing this formula for myself but some day...

Apriori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Apriori
Re: 1971 - World Record Motorcycle Jump

Great. I'm not sure how the brown works with the red/white/blue though.

ElRicardo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElRicardo
superspryte wrote:If you look in the shadows near the hand there is also a brown.

There's not really a brown a in there. The hand and mouse is all black, gold, creme and olive (as opposed to 'tan'). I'll double check everything, but I don't see the brown you mention - an artifact of producing the low res rgb jpg perhaps?

gorillapimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gorillapimp
dekonstruct wrote:Doesn't really capture the hotness of the pink one.

Man this makes me feel old and I'm not even 30 yet

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
narkus wrote:Great colors, Kristen! I'm a '65 so I'm likin' it : )

Thanks Narkus and Jenny! Glad you guys like the love bug! It was fun to draw and color!

kixxster

Re: 1984: purple rain

I wish I could vote for this twice, it makes me giggle every time I see it

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ElRicardo wrote:There's not really a brown a in there. The hand and mouse is all black, gold, creme and olive (as opposed to 'tan'). I'll double check everything, but I don't see the brown you mention - an artifact of producing the low res rgb jpg perhaps?

That could be it. You may want to create a crisper view from your print ready and post it in here.

bobvonboris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobvonboris
jenny78 wrote:So, you are saying he must stick to animals lest he not win the derby? I think Cho wins/places in the derby each week off his name alone. Talent or not, he has fans, loyal fans at that. That being said, I'm not denying he has incredible drawing skills, but I think he could enter anything at this point, and it would still win/place in every derby. It always does. Even if it's a design that isn't very wearable. People will vote/buy just because Cho drew it and Cho seems to have a lot of fans. AGAIN, I am not saying he isn't good at what he does. People are just a lot like sheep and follow the herd, in this case the majority. Sheeple.

Go to shirtderbystat.com and you will see that cho has 16 shirt designs that have placed 4-10 compared to 12 that placed 1-3.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

Great Bug, kls! As soon as I saw the thumbnail, I thought this was your design. Your wonderful touch with colors really jumps off the page, even in a tiny thumbnail. If this does get printed, I'll definitely be in for at least one. My kids are always playing "Punch Buggy" in the car. I could not NOT get this shirt, if that makes any sense.

This is so much better than the fog right now. Something tells me I'll be saving money during this derby.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

bobvonboris wrote:Go to shirtderbystat.com and you will see that cho has 16 shirt designs that have placed 4-10 compared to 12 that placed 1-3.

And I'm sure he's had a few that haven't placed that high too. Keep in mind shirtderbystats doesn't go all the way back to the first derby. ^_^

mjc613

kixxster wrote:I think it was a pretty clever take. I mean, it is an event that happened that year...

I think this falls into the category of a snowflake since it snowed that year, but that's woot's call.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

parkermc wrote:Great Bug, kls! As soon as I saw the thumbnail, I thought this was your design. Your wonderful touch with colors really jumps off the page, even in a tiny thumbnail. If this does get printed, I'll definitely be in for at least one. My kids are always playing "Punch Buggy" in the car. I could not NOT get this shirt, if that makes any sense.

This is so much better than the fog right now. Something tells me I'll be saving money during this derby.

Hey Parker! Thanks for the comments. Better not play 'punch buggy' when you're wearing the shirt!

I loved this derby. Not so much for the designs, but for learning more about the designers and the year they were born. At first, I thought we'd learn a lot about the voters too, but I don't know if the votes are really age-related. I suspect folks are still going to vote on a design that is wearable. So, the woot voting demographic may still be a well-kept secret.

I liked doing the bug entry. I was able to to add my flowers and whimsy, but in a recognizable hippy way. I'm happy with how it turned out.