Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

Nice one, KLS.. love the coloring of it all.. it screams woodstock

mwace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwace
Re: 1963-Bobby Fischer again

Honestly, you could do away with the borders to the left and right of the chess piece and I'd like it a lot more. The bright { and } designs on either side of the knight take focus away from the chess piece and without them the design would feel a lot less box-like (inasmuch as this design neatly fits into a rectangle right now, and I deseperatly want to see a design that's different).

carsen82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carsen82
Re: 1959: Invention of the Dyson Sphere

They made one on Star Trek...

Woots:
7-31-06 $14.99 SanDisk 256 MB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder
9-11-06 $22.99 SanDisk 512MB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder
11-17-06 $1.00 Random Crap (3)

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Patchitect wrote:Nice one, KLS.. love the coloring of it all.. it screams woodstock

Thanks Patch! It does look like more than 6 colors were used, but it really is just six as I used the shirt color for the green.

The guitar and peace dove were adapted from an actual woodstock poster. I thought it woudl be good to have the Peace, Love, Music theme across the car.

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
Re: 1977: Elvis has left the building... (Resub x 2)

k... Drugs out... Toilet in...

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: 1976 - The year I was made

A plate and a spoon happened on the year you were born? A dial? A thermostat? If you are trying to be clever, try harder....

twidener

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twidener
Re: 1982: Thriller 2

This was an awesome shirt before.... now it's absolutely perfect! I WANT THIS SHIRT!

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume

2thFairy

superspryte wrote:.. And why would his username be jamescho84? ^_~

Why would anybody's username be anything? I see the point you think you are making, but it is not neccesarily a good asumption.

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
caspianta wrote:i think this goat knows something i don't...

Yes! And he stashed his knowledge in a fortune cookie *wiggles eyebrows*

Hexarobi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hexarobi
Re: 1979 - Killer Rabbit Attacks President

This was inspired by the other killer rabbit design here this week. =)

I didn't know a killer rabbit had ever attacked a president, but there ya go! On 4/20 too.

Wikipedia entry for Jimmy Carter's Killer Rabbit Attack

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
SkekTek wrote:When it's something like the human genome project, which took a long time for people to get their ducks in a row (so to speak) across many countries and institutions, hammering a specific date/year may be difficult. Just my $0.02 though... I think the shirt looks great.

I agree... awesome shirt.
The placement/footprint of it, and I'd even venture to say the way the brown may just blend in with the black shirt a little bit could have a nice effect on this shirt. GMV

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Re: 1982: Thriller

I like it. Did you do it in Vector or in Pixel editor?

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: 1982: Thriller 2

Took my vote back. Stop advertising your shirt in other people's threads. It's buttery croissant.

smot13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smot13

Ovulating? My Goodness! make this a shirt already. and a sticker. and maybe some manilla folders. and a coffee mug. thank you.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching You

TAYLORT5 wrote:great movie derek.

I updated it, so it's easier to watch without seizures now ;-)

jbedwar1 wrote:Great job on the shirt ... and more importantly, thank you for showing others what you went through to create it. I think it will help a lot of newcomers that are wondering how some designers create their masterpieces. You certainly have my vote!

Thanks ;-)

Amach06 wrote:Your best shirt yet. IMO. Would def. buy and wear this. Great Job. Altho my favorite shirt this week is the transformer shirt. lol.

Very much appreciated, Amach06 :-)

Check out my blog:Here!

woot151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot151

Why does the cranberry distort? I swear the print ready is crisp and awesome!

crimsonclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimsonclay
Re: 1973 - Let the scanning begin

1973 was the year that the Barcode was invented. This is a tribute to my birth year and the ever so popular and dominate Barcode. The Barcode is of the year 1973.

rushblume

wooterer wrote:I like it. Did you do it in Vector or in Pixel editor?

I composed the Zombie Jacksons in a pixel editor called Pixen for Mac OS X, freeze framing a QuickTime of the music video as reference. It was actually a lot of fun. Thanks for the question!

Be sure to vote for Thriller 2 as well! THANKS!

rushblume

Iambusyeating wrote:Took my vote back. Stop advertising your shirt in other people's threads. It's buttery croissant.

Everyone seems to have a vote badge in the signature. Just trying to give props to the artists I was in the fog with and also campaign, as Woot suggests in the derby FAQ. I don't think it was out of line, but thanks for offering your opinion and best of luck to you!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
ElRicardo wrote:He did have a 'pellet gun' and he also brought beer up with him. The Darwin Awards has a special honorary mention for Larry - good story and a couple of pics
http://www.darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid1998-11.html

A gun and a beer, somehow I already knew he'd bring some beer. I mean, his name is "Lawnchair Larry". It all makes sense now.

rgivs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgivs
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13160]1981 Gates introduces the PC

hahaha I love this... I would probably buy two incase 1 was stolen

Good Submission dude!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13160]1981 Gates introduces the PC

Oh dos, how I miss thee.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
sokowa wrote:Aww. thanks
After the woot 60-day hold there's a good chance I'll be putting this and a few others up somewhere. Was fun to draw (some drawings are just a chore sometimes)

I would try your luck at threadless. I can see this getting printed there.

Well there is always next year....

blank7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blank7

This is weird

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
kixxster wrote:I really like this now that I've read the description. Nice job relating the two. Not sure I'd wear it though, as I'd have to explain it every time someone looked at it..

Glad you like it. I don't know that you'd need to explain it to people, though... if they're Pink Floyd fans they know the prism idea and they know that the last song on the album is "Eclipse." You can add the information that there was an unusually long solar eclipse in the year Dark Side of the Moon was released, but that's not needed to "get" the shirt.

If they're not Pink Floyd fans, it's a nicely designed graphic element with no meaning whatsoever. :-)

cwilco01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01

AWESOME!! I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave

I'm new to this contest and would love some comments/critiques/advice on my submissions... Was 1977 that crappy of a year? Links in signature...

40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

daedalusknight

superspryte wrote:Now our Solar System has 11 planets, or hadn't you heard? We have 8 planets (the 9 sans Pluto) and 3 dwarf planets (Pluto, Eris and Ceres). ^_~

Sweet monkey Jebus! Eleven? Let's see...

My Very Eccentric Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas, Eclairs and Calzones.

How's that? :-)

jmseifer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmseifer

Is that Duck Cheney.

Seriously though, I love this design.

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

Awesome shirt XD Duck hunt <3

sammydb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammydb
Re: 1981 - The Year Cars Learned To Fly (re-sub)

Darn, I was hoping you'd choose gray. Still liked the design though!

daedalusknight

JustJiggles wrote:I would say this is heading for 5th place slowly.

Uhmm... it doesn't appear to be. It's in the fog right now and has the best score in "the hotness." This one looks like it's going to be printed.

I could be wrong, of course. We might have a surprise come from behind winner. That doesn't seem to be happening at the moment, though.

greenbean26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenbean26
Re: 1976 - Rocky begins Filming in Philly

As a slightly outside of Philly native, I must say this is a great design. Rocky designs have a tendency to be cheesy but I like this one!

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: 1979 - First Publication of the Neverending story

Michael Ende's "The Neverending Story" (Yes, it was a book before it became a movie!) was first published in 1979.

Remember Atreyu and the Auryn?

bunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunt
2thFairy wrote:A plate and a spoon happened on the year you were born? A dial? A thermostat? If you are trying to be clever, try harder....

I will try harder next time for you.

rosswinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosswinn
Re: 1970 - Apollo 13

Great shirt!

2thFairy

bunt wrote:I will try harder next time for you.

that's special...

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
6walnuts wrote:the shadow is great! Good colors too

yes, this is so cool! I've yet to see the new movie, but totally digging this shirt. Needless to say gmv...

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

daedalusknight

jmseifer wrote:Is that Duck Cheney.

Ha! Best comment this thread. :-)