keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
superspryte wrote:Yes, numbers are everything. You must be from year 520. ^_~

Nah, that would be too obvious. It's my bank account pin! - doh!

poochyaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poochyaki
dekonstruct wrote:This shirt deserves to win, hands down. It takes a lot of work to reach this level of geekery, and I commend you!

gosh i'm an ochem nerdess and i love this shirt! is voting still open? i'm new to woot so I'm not sure how to go about voting for this badass shirt...help anyone?

linylou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linylou
Re: 1988 year of the dragon take two.

This might be the most adorable dragon I have ever seen. gmv

GlenX10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlenX10
Re: 1980 St. Helens Erupts

thanks for the comments, if i was close enough to be knee deep in ash i probably would have peed my pants...well i would have peed my pants either way since i was just born

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320

I knew from the second I read this derby's theme that video game references would be the majority of winning designs. I'd never wear this, but very well done nonetheless

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
linylou wrote:This might be the most adorable dragon I have ever seen. gmv

hmmm, maybe adorable in some circles... but is this done in paint? (not trying to flame!) just curious, how do you submit the shirt comp with separate color layers and whatnot? Or did they not worry about it knowing its chances of winning are slim?

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
poochyaki wrote:gosh i'm an ochem nerdess and i love this shirt! is voting still open? i'm new to woot so I'm not sure how to go about voting for this badass shirt...help anyone?

Voting is still open. However, in order to be able to vote for shirts you must have made a purchase (any purchase) from Woot.

woot151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot151
Re: 1982 --- Tainted Love (on cranberry)

Why does the cranberry distort? Not as bad as the red, but I can't think of a reason why. Printready looks great!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sopranogrl22 wrote:In 1985, the Coca Cola company tried to reinvent itself, creatively calling their newer, sweeter product "New Coke." Consumers hated it, and in two months old school Coca Cola Classic ruled the shelves once again...

What part of the last rejection didn't you get?

Teragram2468

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teragram2468
sailstud25 wrote:hmmm, maybe adorable in some circles... but is this done in paint? (not trying to flame!) just curious, how do you submit the shirt comp with separate color layers and whatnot? Or did they not worry about it knowing its chances of winning are slim?

no its photoshop.

banananosedstooge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banananosedstooge
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

TWO WORDS:

SEVEN COLORS.

moocowgirl100288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moocowgirl100288

: )

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
banananosedstooge wrote:TWO WORDS:

SEVEN COLORS.

six

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

SEVEN COLORS.

I think the darkest hue is the shirt color. So, there shouldn't be an issue.

bunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunt
2thFairy wrote:that's special...

yes...

AdderXYU

SEVEN COLORS.

Two other words: BROWN SHIRT

So all those little brown lines? those are the shirt.

moocowgirl100288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moocowgirl100288

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT

SEVEN COLORS.

Wow, you're actually right.

Unless the computer screen is tricking me, I easily noticed 7 colors ...

I could be wrong though, I'm pretty darn tired right now.

sopranogrl22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sopranogrl22
AdderXYU wrote:What part of the last rejection didn't you get?

Ummmm, I got all of it. They told me it needed a new bottle shape and a different color, so I changed those things about it. The reason it was rejected was because I stupidly forgot to include the year I was born in the title...glad you read the previous comments before you submitted your comment.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
KenSPT wrote:Wow, you're actually right.

Unless the computer screen is tricking me, I easily noticed 7 colors ...

I could be wrong though, I'm pretty darn tired right now.

*cough* shirt color *cough* And, I'm not sure why 5 and 7 both point to the same spot? The gray highlights on the bill appear to be the gray from the gun, so there should not be two lines there.

infallible

quality posts: 7 Private Messages infallible
whoawen wrote:Assuming some honesty, Josephus was born in 1959 and is probably not some kid who obviously doesn't know what it stands for.

That only makes it all the worse. A naive kid can be educated, but if someone actually believes in the ideals of these two thugs, then they're already lost.

19 www.Woots / 1 tech.Woot / 1 wine.Woots / 13 shirt.Woots / 6 sellout.Woots

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: 1979: Alien the Movie . . .

While I would have preferred Ripley in her tight whites... this is an awesome rendition.... GMV

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: 1977: 2600: A Video Game Odyssey

GMV, i love monkeys. the glow on their faces makes them really pop out IMO. I love it. Definite buy if you get in the fog (dunno why you aren't.)

gl man

mjl9320

Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

it's bothering me that the light gun is orange. it wasn't orange...

AdderXYU

mjl9320 wrote:it's bothering me that the light gun is orange. it wasn't orange...

Mine very much was, though i think my cousins had a different one. Fashion and all

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
SEVEN COLORS.

gotcha

mjl9320

AdderXYU wrote:Mine very much was, though i think my cousins had a different one. Fashion and all

ah you're right, apparently there were other colors available later on. I see this one on wikipedia. The ones that shipped in the first systems were definitely grey and dark grey with the red trigger

bionic86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bionic86
Jewdave wrote:k... Drugs out... Toilet in...

WHY!? Nobody likes this design. Please stop submitting it.

AdderXYU

bionic86 wrote:WHY!? Nobody likes this design. Please stop submitting it.

I have seen far worse designs submit far more times. I'm not naming names, but if anyone else would like to I may confirm or deny.

keyser520

Hexarobi wrote:This was inspired by the other killer rabbit design here this week. =)

I didn't know a killer rabbit had ever attacked a president, but there ya go! On 4/20 too.

Wikipedia entry for Jimmy Carter's Killer Rabbit Attack

Glad to see someone noticed by killer rabbit designs... :-)
(did you see the cute and cuddly version?

keyser520

Re: 1980 - Pac Attacked!

creative idea.... but it's going to be rejected due to the strict no pac-man policy

heatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatz
keyser520 wrote:creative idea.... but it's going to be rejected due to the strict no pac-man policy

Yes, but pacman is yellow :-p

this is his shadow :D

and btw is this a real posted thing?

heatz

This is what i get for not readign forums!

AdderXYU

heatz wrote:Yes, but pacman is yellow :-p

In derby 36, there were about 400 text pac-men. Woot decided, since it takes less than no talent to make a circle with a chunk taken out, especially what with digital illustrators, that Pac Man was overdone enough to warrant a ban. They have previously done this with Flying Penguins (Derby #32) and Street Signs (I forget when) in the interest of making the derbies less full of uncreative references geared solely to having a built-in fan base.

So yes, it is a real thing.

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
eyin42 wrote:i wish it were something other than creme

I'll second that comment. It's a great design fable, but i can see the stains right now.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
heatz wrote:Yes, but pacman is yellow :-p

As of the derby before last (text as art), all things Pac-Man were permanently banned. I don't really feel like taking the time to produce a link, but this is an actual rule.

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties

sorry Tallworm. I didn't mean to start a discussion about my tattoo. That being said. Thanks to all who like it. And yes, it was done pre-pluto contoversy. I wish my shirt designs would get this much attention.

Still love this shirt design tallworm. GMV.

heatz

bluchez wrote:As of the derby before last (text as art), all things Pac-Man were permanently banned. I don't really feel like taking the time to produce a link, but this is an actual rule.

Ok, i wish woot for the casual wooters would have a list of nogo's or something..
Im not a wootadict so im foreign to this.

and btw 1980 was pretty boring !

dragoonvengance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragoonvengance

UPC is 1973 not the barcode

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
heatz wrote:Ok, i wish woot for the casual wooters would have a list of nogo's or something..
Im not a wootadict so im foreign to this.

It's not "official", but it is a list built from experience and examples:

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"