heyerin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heyerin
Re: 1968

This looks like JFK has a tumor growing out of his head. And that tumor is MLK Jr. No. No. No.

kathiag96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathiag96
bluchez wrote:Reminds me a lot of one of my favorite 2600 games:

(My actual cartridges.)

I LOVED that game...GMV!

patnode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patnode
zuniteton wrote:wha?

Feb 8, 1969 lives of Chihuahuans changed forever....

A meteor fell on Chihuahua.... Mexico that is! One of the biggest stone strewnfields ever recorded. Allende (name of said meteor) contains grains of dust from stars, making it one of the only meteorites truly containing "stardust".

dig on that, ain't history grand why go for the 69 moon landing when space came to us free

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Re: 1979

The look on the orange fishys face is priceless.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
aliruna wrote:People, stop voting for this.
It's going to get rejected.

BUT ITS FUN!!!!

Woot asked us derbies upon derbies ago to police ourselves. I sincerely hope they just take away our toys since we can't use them properly.

ETA: Derby 27...

Hey, voters: before you vote for a design, ask yourself how faithful to the theme it is. As always, we reserve the right to reject anything we want, but this will be a particularly tricky Derby to moderate. The responsible voter is our first line of defense against Derby scofflaws, and we know we can trust you to be responsible. You're not going to let us down, are you? After we said such nice things about you?

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
Re: Moon Landing Take 5

Clever! I love the crisp outline on the shadowed figures! GMV.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
daedalusknight wrote:Uhm... wow... I thought this was going to be on a black shirt when I saw the thumbnail but it's navy. You might want to resubmit with a new design detail that seems to be on a navy shirt, otherwise there's a danger of rejection, yes?

Maybe it's just my monitor... does anyone else see a black background on the 240x240 image?

GRR, you are correct, will resub shortly.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: 1981

NOOOOOOOOOO i been working on a tv killing a radio!!! this is so much better...

Please check it out

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Wow, colorful. Woot has a 6-color limitation on shirts though.

Woot has a lot of rules and limitations for shirt designs. I think these links will help you:

https://shirt.woot.com/Member/ContestUpload.aspx (Design Guidelines)
http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963 (things that are almost certain to get you rejected based on past rejections)
http://shirt.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q7d(reasons Woot can choose not to print a shirt)

I've noticed a lot (all?) of your designs are breaking or pushing some rule or another. If you're not serious about the entries are just trying to mess around/make a point/whatever, then nevermind. But if you are serious about trying to get a design to print, I suggest reading and following all the rules, guidelines, and tips you can find.

Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

Oh man, this is funny. It amazes me how many people believe it was faked. It's like people have the time to concoct elaborate conspiracy theories but don't have the time to point a telescope at the moon and look at all the stuff the astronauts left there. I think this shirt is poking fun at all that silliness, yes? Love it.

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew
aliruna wrote:People, stop voting for this.
It's going to get rejected.

But I just wanna tell you how I'm feelin'

Shaving.

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton

sigh....

well at least I am having fun...

bluchez

Re: 1979: First Highly Detailed Photos of Jupiter

Thank you all for your votes. Unfortunately, I submitted the wrong detail (shirt was black). Please revote here, if you wouldn't mind:

SailorButterfly

aliruna wrote:Please don't bash me, I know there's already a Legend of Zelda design up, but my friend convinced me to put it up here after working so long on it. This will probably get rejected for copyright, but I'd like to see how far it gets.

The copyright question will have to be left up to the Woot gods, but I'm voting for it in the meantime.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bluchez

Resubmit of my picture of Jupiter signifying Voyager 1 and 2 taking 33,000 highly detailed photos of jupiter and it's moons in 1979.

zuniteton

woah..thats sweet!

I hope you go far! I would totally buy this!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: 1988

Edgar's only 19?

Check out my blog:Here!

SailorButterfly

Sorry, but there's no text this week. That includes the numbers and all the writing on the can.

zuniteton

patnode wrote:Feb 8, 1969 lives of Chihuahuans changed forever....

A meteor fell on Chihuahua.... Mexico that is! One of the biggest stone strewnfields ever recorded. Allende (name of said meteor) contains grains of dust from stars, making it one of the only meteorites truly containing "stardust".

dig on that, ain't history grand why go for the 69 moon landing when space came to us free

Hahaha duly voted for!

daedalusknight

zuniteton wrote:woah..thats sweet!

I hope you go far! I would totally buy this!

Ha! I didn't think anyone else here was going to do the same event as me. :-)

anticon86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anticon86
thatrobert wrote:Cool. Welcome back Anticon. This is one of my favorite unprinted derby shirts of all time!

Thank you very much! I saw your support on your blog, I really appreciate it!

HELP ME HELP YOU!

Bryan818

jenny78 wrote:That's assuming it gets printed. I bet a penguin or bear or insert whatever animal that comes to mind here, knocks it out of the fog before long. I was sure tgentry was going to win this week, and a snail took him out.

Hermet Crab

Please check it out

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Re: 1983 - Cabbage Babies?

When I was young and asked my parents how I came to be, they said they found me in a cabbage patch.
I was actually born behind a Wal-Mart.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

derekfilley

Re: Rickroll'd

Glad to see a tired old internet meme 'joke entry' is taking up a valuable space in 'the hotness'. I would be so upset if I had a design in this derby.

aliruna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliruna
SailorButterfly wrote:The copyright question will have to be left up to the Woot gods, but I'm voting for it in the meantime.

Thanks
^-^

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: 1982: Thriller

Why, why, why couldn't have this been on ANY other color shirt? ANY OTHER COLOR??

wonderstew

Re: 1978

Did I mention this is beautiful TG?

Good work!

Shaving.

daedalusknight

bluchez wrote:Resubmit of my picture of Jupiter signifying Voyager 1 and 2 taking 33,000 highly detailed photos of jupiter and it's moons in 1979.

Yay! Thumbnail and detail now match. Everyone who voted for this before please vote for the resub.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
derekfilley wrote:Glad to see a tired old internet meme 'joke entry' is taking up a valuable space in 'the hotness'. I would be so upset if I had a design in this derby.

Don't be a fuddy duddy, derek. I hear it's fun!

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: 1972

Aren't we all lucky that Mario Puzo chose to write his great novel about a slightly different family?

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume

[quote postid="2159077" user="rushblume"]

Now with clickable links:

The Thriller dance sequence. CLICK!

The full-length Thriller video. CLICK!

Thanks again!

Bryan818

Re: 1983 - Take a Look, It's In A Book

I now have the song stuck in my head

Please check it out

derekfilley

zenwill wrote:Rejected on what grounds? Just the fact that you don't like it?

Rejected for the same reason a 'KKK' shirt would be rejected. Woot tends to frown on racism.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
jenny78 wrote:That's assuming it gets printed. I bet a penguin or bear or insert whatever animal that comes to mind here, knocks it out of the fog before long. I was sure tgentry was going to win this week, and a snail took him out.

Oman, that made me sad.

zenwill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenwill
heyerin wrote:This looks like JFK has a tumor growing out of his head. And that tumor is MLK Jr. No. No. No.

It's RFK not JFK. JFK was killed in 1965.

nyadolla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyadolla
Drat963 wrote:Nope. =(

what does this mean: "This week, design a shirt that somehow relates to the year you were born: through fashion, historical events, cultural trends, the Chinese zodiac, or EVEN THE NUMBER ITSELF."

wonderstew

Re: Warhol just turned in his grave -1987

Creepy.

Good work!

Shaving.

patnode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patnode
zuniteton wrote:Hahaha duly voted for!

many thanks

SailorButterfly

wonderstew wrote:But I just wanna tell you how I'm feelin'

we gotta make 'em understand

wonderstew

Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

Now I've got the Zelda theme stuck in my head.

Thanks a lot...

*thumbsup!*

Shaving.