quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: Rickroll'd

really, i want to marry whoever did this. gave me the best laugh of the day

jimbeebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimbeebe

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:That's a viewfinder and the lights are closer to the viewer than you think. I'm sure of it.

Plus, it's like...dude, we have no idea what technology was *actually* available to the US government back then, DO WE?!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
cdncarlie wrote:I was going to say the same thing but seems like derekfilley beat me to it ;-) Great job!!

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I'll admit, there's something about those cute little Michael Jacksons that's really funny.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR THRILLER! Thanks for your vote!

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

Zelda is my all time favorite game

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
fablefire wrote:Best looking nuclear plants I've seen yet. They look like they want to start something. =D

those aren't the power plants ;) those are the cooling towers.

funny shirt comp =)

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster

This makes me happy beyond words. You are an excellent illustrator Fable!

follan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages follan

there should be 87 bunnies in this pic, since 87'-88' is the year of the Rabbit, that was part of my objective :3

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: 1988

I generally don't like Edgar's designs, but this one is ten different types of awesome ...

m4dcow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m4dcow
woot151 wrote:My birthmonth, June 1982: the first Rubik's Cube World Championships. Which is kind of ironic because I cannot solve a Rubik's Cube to save my life... it's always close, but not quite right. Grawr.

I'm born in 1982 also, and had a Rubik's Cube entry ready to go, but I was informed that the Rubik's Cube is copywrited. The wording is really strong too

"The RUBIK'S CUBE® in its three dimensional form and any graphic or photographic representation of it, in any configuration, coloured or uncoloured, whether it carries the RUBIK'S CUBE® name or logo, is protected by intellectual property laws throughout the world."

http://www.rubiks.com/Image%20Rights.aspx

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: 1974

1974 marked the final exit from Skylab. Looks like they left someone behind.

dirttracker39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirttracker39
wootvan wrote:I like this one better.

Thanks for the feedback.

simoxius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simoxius

wow this could have been done so much better. not that i would be able to do anything better but two cooling towers or vases, depending how you look at them could mean anything.

follan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages follan
SailorButterfly wrote:I'm liking what I see so far, but it's hard to see the details. Got a bigger pic you can share with us?

i would but i dont really have the resorces with me atm :3

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
m4dcow wrote:I'm born in 1982 also, and had a Rubik's Cube entry ready to go, but I was informed that the Rubik's Cube is copywrited. The wording is really strong too

"The RUBIK'S CUBE® in its three dimensional form and any graphic or photographic representation of it, in any configuration, coloured or uncoloured, whether it carries the RUBIK'S CUBE® name or logo, is protected by intellectual property laws throughout the world."

http://www.rubiks.com/Image%20Rights.aspx

Man, that bites. I remember this great Rubik's cube prank... let's see if I can find a web reference... here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8XNKnjQ-9Q

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

Krispedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krispedo
Re: 1982: Thriller

Oh Hell Yeah! GMV for sure!!

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
SailorButterfly wrote:Unfortunately, symbols count as text.

Maybe not. This week numbers dont count as text!

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
Re: 1970 First Earth Day (1)

Nope the smallest line on here is 4 pt. Thanks!

daedalusknight

artulo wrote:1974 marked the final exit from Skylab. Looks like they left someone behind.

Heheeh... I was going to do a Skylab shirt, since it was sent up in 1973. I still might, but I think I'll see how well yours does first. :-)

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

daedalusknight

2005vette wrote:Maybe not. This week numbers dont count as text!

I think they might make an exception for year numbers, but only for those (not other forms of text, sorry). I can't be sure, though... all those shirts out there with actual digits on them may still get rejected...

daddax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daddax
Re: 1979

this is going bye bye

daedalusknight

fillengroovy wrote:Nope the smallest line on here is 4 pt. Thanks!

Cool! I love super detailed linework. It's much better than gradients.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

KENPARS0NS wrote:Well done... and great placement... love the style...

Thanks! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
Re: 1989

I liked to swirlys better

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

Resubb'd -> removed unnecessary background trip.

GL HF

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar

This shirt is amazing. But this is the color of that breakfast topology map isn't it...

patnode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patnode
Re: 1969

The Archies hit the top of the charts on September 20th with the smash hit "Sugar, Sugar"
.. now who among us has never hummed that little ditty!?!?

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
Re: 1982: Thriller

Krispedo wrote:Oh Hell Yeah! GMV for sure!!

VOTE!

daedalusknight

goldfishinapicklejar wrote:This shirt is amazing. But this is the color of that breakfast topology map isn't it...

Did that one not print well?

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: 1973 - Solar eclipse of the decade

This looks way too much like the heroes logo for me.

http://www.aquavpc.com/blog/images/Image%20et%20son/heroes_logo.jpg

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

Sweet

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Did you mean to resub 2 copies? Might wanna nix the one that just has 1 vote...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

carina83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carina83
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

wow, great image. I really like it. I hope it wins. I would totally buy it.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 1969

Might wanna nix the formulas and resub...this is a no text week. I think the design gets the point across without the formulas anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
SamoaJoe wrote:I want to explain my motivation for this design.
The reason I decided to have Rick leaning on his right hand is to let everyone know that he's conservative, but as you can tell from the denim shirt he's wearing, he also likes to party.
In short, Rick Astley is love.

I'm going to go spend my $1000 right now, I'm buying everyone Full House Season 2 on DVD !!!

Fantastic!

BigKuntry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigKuntry

This gesture / event has nothing to do with racism or the KKK... It's about black pride and in no way demeans or diminishes another race...

Learn your history...

When "The Star-Spangled Banner" played, Smith and Carlos delivered the salute with heads bowed, a gesture which became front page news around the world. As they left the podium they were booed by the crowd. Smith later said "If I win, I am American, not a black American. But if I did something bad, then they would say I am a Negro. We are black and we are proud of being black. Black America will understand what we did tonight."

Kerster11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kerster11
mjl9320 wrote:This design is good, but the year was 1969 and that's clearly a digital camera with the LCD on the back. Maybe you should consider resubmitting with an older looking camera

It's actually pretty accurate for the cameras at the time- there was an optical viewfinder, and that's why you only see the silhouette. The overhead lights are just for show. I had a big red light on the top, but it was distracting, so I took it out. Since it's in the fog and doing well, I'm gonna let it ride...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

nyadolla wrote:what does this mean: "This week, design a shirt that somehow relates to the year you were born: through fashion, historical events, cultural trends, the Chinese zodiac, or EVEN THE NUMBER ITSELF."

It means inspired by the number, so maybe there's a book, like the year I was born (1984), and the book wasn't written that year, etc.

No text means no letters, numbers, punctuation, infinity, foreign text (Asian languages), or sign language.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

fablefire

quality posts: 17 Private Messages fablefire
daedalusknight wrote:Did that one not print well?

I happen to like the color of the Breakfast Topo shirt - note, the shirt. Woot picked a weird, super-fluorescent turquoise for one of the colors. I'll have to see if I can find one of the shirts for a picture...

In any case, I think the brown hues will look awesome on creme.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

2005vette wrote:Maybe not. This week numbers dont count as text!

When did they say that?