SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
hunter3186 wrote:This is amazing. I've never been happier to see the winning shirt in a derby! Zelda may be the greatest game series ever, but alas, I graduate from college in three weeks and do need to grow up eventually (also, I have NO money). Great design, congrats, the picture will definitely be my desktop background for a while

B00. Growing up is overrated. I've been out of college for 4 years, and I pounced on this shirt without a thought. :-P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters

Oh man...I really want this...but I have too many shirts....but I was also born in 86...it calls to me...aghhh!

www.c8-bit.com

corran24

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corran24

that's a freakin awesome design. too bad i look horrible in pink (or whatever color that is). i would totally get it if it were green... resub!!! =]

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982

My husband says "it's so awesome I'll wear it even though it's cream". In for 1.

omnipotent32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32

Congratulations! Well deserved.

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan

This will sell out fast. llo

Nimbus Rogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nimbus Rogue

So torn. I love Zelda, my son loves Zelda but...the color....really iffy on wearing that color....argh!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bocochoco wrote:Great shirt.. different color though.. perhaps #00CC00 =)

But then she would have had to color it all in. Grass could have ruined the overall feel. I like the way she designed it.

Blanch1000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blanch1000

It's a really great design, and I've been wanting a cream shirt, but I'm not quite feeling geeky enough.

Kudos, though. Always <3 fablefire designs.

JadenKale

corran24 wrote:that's a freakin awesome design. too bad i look horrible in pink (or whatever color that is). i would totally get it if it were green... resub!!! =]

You can't resub when it's already being printed. And it's not pink, it's cream. It's an off-white color.

Teair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teair

I want to buy this shirt as I am a huge Zelda fan, but the color doesn't seem right.

So conflicted!

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
Teair wrote:I want to buy this shirt as I am a huge Zelda fan, but the color doesn't seem right.

So conflicted!

It's american apparel creme. It doesn't look so pink if you go look at it on the american apparel website. . .

pt9386

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pt9386

This is perfect timing. I just randomly met the father of Zelda, Shigeru Miyamoto in NYC while going out for lunch today. My first shirt.woot buy.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
JadenKale wrote:It's not ruined at all. It's supposed to look like a memory

uhm, wha?

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

We already own Plan B, and Say No To Scurvy... and now I've bought this one.

Amazing shirt.. and my FIRST Cream Shirt. I hope I don't ruin it within a week.

JadenKale

brizz wrote:uhm, wha?

like a dream or memory of something in the past all in browns (or sepia tones) It reminds me of a memory of the past or an old photo.

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry

Had to get this shirt, THANK YOU FABLE!! My husband loves the design, just not the color, so I got it for me instead. :D Can't wait until it gets here! Congrats on first place, it deserved it. <3

barbra2323

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbra2323

Great shirt! Nice to see switch up of color. thanks

d4dz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d4dz21

Does that make me uber nerdy for having a Zelda tattoo on my calf?

HoneyMelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HoneyMelon
SailorButterfly wrote:B00. Growing up is overrated. I've been out of college for 4 years, and I pounced on this shirt without a thought. :-P

My thoughts exactly.
Being young at heart is way underrated. :-]

Oh and of course, Congratz to the winner!

JadenKale

d4dz21 wrote:Does that make me uber nerdy for having a Zelda tattoo on my calf?

heck no!

Uber Geeky?

yes. L O L

patgirl81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patgirl81
SailorButterfly wrote:We have a Zelda Rd too. I wonder if we live in the same city...? ;-)

I always think of the game when I see it, though. Zelda Fitzgerald never even crossed my mind. l o l

;) ::waves:: If it weren't for pesky laws, I'd love to nab one for my office.

Definitely was in for one tonight, and I love the cream. Nice job, Fable!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

carp. I don't think my son thought of a video game tattoo. That he might get.
I only had to tell him Zelda on shirt and he texed back BUY IT! I hope he likes the cream.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

nelsonjj1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelsonjj1

Hey...great design. I love the mix of 8-bit and hand drawn hi quality graphics.

r1sky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r1sky

heh, i ended up getting a dbz tattoo on my arm with my gf and her brothers.

xKing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xKing

good shirt... bad color.

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882

I wish this was on a different color shirt or the design was a different color because it looks too much like the other lineart cream shirt I have (the spring bird on by jamescho).
But, I have to get it anyway because it's tastefully Zelda. Plus it's the year I was born, so I double have to get it. Now I have $10 less for food this week, and it's all your fault woot!

histud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages histud

this shirt was designed for me: I love Zelda, and I was born in 1986! Color could be better, but I'll take the risk.

nestry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nestry

im surprised at the number of comments against the color...
then again maybe not
honestly i like it, being a girl i can work with the color cream.
except for the fact that i bought it for my boyfriend.
he said he wanted it, even though its a different color then he usually wears.
so if he doesnt like it, its mine!
nice job on the design. llo far from woot shirts, i was in a print graphics class in high school and my friend made a print of navi, with her saying "hey listen"
i still have the shirt, that was a good class.
this shirt reminds me of it.

tommyt827

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyt827

I love the design but don't like the color of the shirt at all. I'll have to pass.

NinjaMarion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NinjaMarion

First Plan B and now this. It's like FableFire's reading my diary and knows exactly what'll make me fork over the cash. >_>

Not too crazy about the color (or at least how it looks on my monitor, as I haven't actually bought any of the cream shirts to know how they look), but seeing as this is probably the best shirt.woot design so far, I had to get it.

Temperance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Temperance

The design makes up for the color to me... in for one. Never owned a creme shirt, sooo hopefully it won't make me look too bad.

nickmiller21

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nickmiller21
atravis6 wrote:Same here. Cream makes me look washed out; I'm too pale as it is

this would have been soo much better in Link Green!

btw. notice that on the Wootalyzer Amazon Lightning is featuring the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Gamecube. perfect timing!

People!!! We need to demand a reprint in a less butt ugly color!!!

dampfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dampfire

If only it wasnt such a ugly color i'd buy it

JadenKale

NinjaMarion wrote:First Plan B and now this. It's like FableFire's reading my diary and knows exactly what'll make me fork over the cash. >_>

Not too crazy about the color (or at least how it looks on my monitor, as I haven't actually bought any of the cream shirts to know how they look), but seeing as this is probably the best shirt.woot design so far, I had to get it.

just so you guys are aware of the creme color in person, the woot shirt is creme:

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

Grats, fable! Bouncy already!

JadenKale

ilstu99 wrote:Grats, fable! Bouncy already!

llo totally called 1:30am as the sell out time

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire

Ahah... now it's starting to bounce. Pesky creme nay-sayers...

I figure while I'm here... I picked creme for two reasons.

1) It reminds me of those old school maps, where the paper is a light brown-yellow and there's all of these neat dungeony images on them. The sepia just says old nostalgia to me.

2) I wanted simple colors, like the original game-boys used to have. Remember when they only had 4 colors? This is 4 colors, including the shirt as a color. Out of the woot shirt colors available, this is difficult to do. It needs to be on a lighter color. This doesn't work on baby blue (equally hated color), and it doesn't work on lemon. I hate heather gray. Grass is too bright. White is... not good. Everything else is too dark. If there was a lighter version of olive, I could've tried that, but olive and kelly were too dark.

So... that being said, I was hesitant to use creme because of the naysayers, but all in all I think that it'll look groovy when printed, and shall post pics when I receive mine.

Thanks again to those of you supporting the design. :3

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

I had to buy one for my daughter. She was the only one in our house who knew right away what it was about.

I'm so out of the cool kids loop.

gabis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabis
ghostofdavid wrote:Probably the best shirt I've ever seen on woot.

I've thought that a few times at this point, but wow this really takes the cake. Granted, I AM fairly inebriated at this point... but having just gone back and played Occarina of Time and Majoras Mask again I really can't deny the inner geek. In for two, my brother is going to trip out as well.

edit: Holy *%$&! I knew it would sell out seconds after I bought. What incredibly awesome luck that i came home from the bar a little early tonight, and managed to remember the derby winner was upbefore I passed out! Awesome shirt, Fable. Congrats!

edit2:
This shirt tells the world: “It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this.”

Ahahahaha awesome.