catweazle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catweazle

The color kind of makes my soul die because women of the bustier variety don't always want to show their undergarments to the world, but I bought one anyway because.... it's Zelda. And I couldn't say no.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
catweazle wrote:The color kind of makes my soul die because women of the bustier variety don't always want to show their undergarments to the world, but I bought one anyway because.... it's Zelda. And I couldn't say no.

I'm a pretty busty lady, and unless I wear a black bra, cream does a wonderful job of covering me =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

I have no idea what this shirt is about. I am too lazy to read the previous comments to find out, but not too lazy to post this comment. Hope everyone is having a great morning.

kwaheltrut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwaheltrut

The RFID Journal reports that American Apparel launched a trial chipping program at a single New York City location late last year, and plans on rollout out RFID tracking to 16 more Gotham stores over the next three months, with a national rollout to follow. RFID Journal said that American Apparel has yet to detail exactly how—or if—it plans on deactivating the chips once your T-shirt is bought and paid for.

Source: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/17100

Naris

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Naris

Make tomorrow come faster! I want one so much!

Also, hope that the 2nd place one is nice too.

soupersprite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupersprite

Bad week for woot shirts. I heart, bombs, wooden swords, emeralds and jars with dead animals.

kimmymoopie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimmymoopie

I"m sad i didn't get one >

thebeefytaco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebeefytaco
kimmymoopie wrote:I"m sad i didn't get one >

you can buy it tomorrow for $15 from the sad rat

sandra8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandra8

I do not get the shirt. what is it about. PLEASE tell me

kittypoocaca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittypoocaca

I effing LOVE it!

kittypoocaca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittypoocaca
sandra8 wrote:I do not get the shirt. what is it about. PLEASE tell me

Please tell me your kidding. Here I'll give you a hint. NES

bl4ckl4beled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bl4ckl4beled

this blows. im a small medium and small is like a hair to small and medium is like a hair to big ugh. u guys dont sell like a SM for like more money do u?

senshin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages senshin

ARGH! can't believe they printed so few of this one :-/

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
bl4ckl4beled wrote:this blows. im a small medium and small is like a hair to small and medium is like a hair to big ugh. u guys dont sell like a SM for like more money do u?

get a medium and shrink it a hair.

I once ate a cricket.

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein
kittypoocaca wrote:Please tell me your kidding. Here I'll give you a hint. NES

It would be interesting to take a vote of all the w00ters on who know what this shirt is about. I'll bet many of the old farts probably wouldn't know an NES from another game unit. I know I don't.

...and we certainly don't know anything about Zelda.

I'll bet the vast majority of those under 40 (or maybe 50?) know all about this, tho. Is it a generational divide? Yes, I think it mostly is. Sad, but true.

phoboslol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoboslol

sold out nooooooeeesss i wouldve been in for 1's :'(

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I played Ocarina of Time so much I began to dream in it.

Carpe shirtem!

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
iris420 wrote:I played Ocarina of Time so much I began to dream in it.

That happened to me with World of Warcraft. >.<

stonefry

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry
CardinalGoldstein wrote:It would be interesting to take a vote of all the w00ters on who know what this shirt is about. I'll bet many of the old farts probably wouldn't know an NES from another game unit. I know I don't.

Since it won the derby, I think it is safe to assume that a vast majority "get it."

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
sammichface wrote:Just out of curiousity, Do the winners automatically get a copy of their shirt? or do they also have to order it like everyone else? That's probably a stupid question but it doesn't mention it on the derby page. It just says that they get 200 bucks for winning and 2 bucks a shirt after the sell out.

Winners get a coupon code for 3 shirts + shipping. The page you were looking at hasn't gotten updated in a long time, but artists now get $1000 for winning (all printed places), and 2 bucks a shirt after the sell out.

jeremynjaxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremynjaxx

I'm not a Zelda freak, but it is a great shirt! Congrats fable!

Greggor88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Greggor88

I want this shirt bad... Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Great job, fable!

O RLY?

pwhitwor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwhitwor

Fantastic. Very glad I checked early. Thanks fable.

diypdx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diypdx
sandra8 wrote:I do not get the shirt. what is it about. PLEASE tell me

I know it's frustrating... I recommend this, go on eBay and buy an old NES and a copy of "The Legend of Zelda" after finishing the game you'll be so tired you won't even care what the shirt is about.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Zenne wrote:Winners get a coupon code for 3 shirts + shipping. The page you were looking at hasn't gotten updated in a long time, but artists now get $1000 for winning (all printed places), and 2 bucks a shirt after the sell out.

So they could actually use the code on other shirts? Nice. =P

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

arsenicsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arsenicsauce
catweazle wrote:The color kind of makes my soul die because women of the bustier variety don't always want to show their undergarments to the world, but I bought one anyway because.... it's Zelda. And I couldn't say no.

You know, the american apparel shirts are fairly thick as ladies t-shirts go. I'm not what you'd call busty, but I did get alice spraypainting caterpillar (a white shirt) in a form fitting size, and besides an incident with a rainbow striped bra I've had no trouble. With Threadless, on the other hand, you're probably giving everybody a show if you're wearing anything but black or navy.

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
Greggor88 wrote:Also, could someone please link me to the derby that this shirt was a part of? I would like to see the other entries

This is the best I can think of for ya.

http://www.shirtderbystats.com/cderby.asp?view=all&derby=The%20Year%20You%20Were%20Born

allstar31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allstar31

I bought two and then I had to go spend some time playing zelda online...

http://www.virtualnes.com/

this site is awesome you can play a ton of old NES games. I played Zelda for like 4 hours today

Greggor88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Greggor88
Graye wrote:This is the best I can think of for ya.

http://www.shirtderbystats.com/cderby.asp?view=all&derby=The%20Year%20You%20Were%20Born

Thank you, sir. That was helpful.

O RLY?

kaliella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaliella

I missed it!!!!!!!!!!! *CRIES*

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
CardinalGoldstein wrote:It would be interesting to take a vote of all the w00ters on who know what this shirt is about. I'll bet many of the old farts probably wouldn't know an NES from another game unit. I know I don't.

...and we certainly don't know anything about Zelda.

I'll bet the vast majority of those under 40 (or maybe 50?) know all about this, tho. Is it a generational divide? Yes, I think it mostly is. Sad, but true.

My dad is 60 and plays more video games than I do. I don't think being old is an excuse for not understanding a pop culture reference as it is more of not being part of that particular pop culture subculture. My dad loves himself some Dr. Mario, but has recently also played through Twilight Princess and is currently on Call of Duty 3. But hey, to each their own.

socceruci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socceruci

hilarious description by the way

timkerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick
JadenKale wrote:llo totally called 1:30am as the sell out time

yeah thankfully I'm still at work around midnight so I pounced on this thing at 1202.

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

gokcebayram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gokcebayram

how come there are never long sleeved shirts those are shirts too!! shirtist woot!!

ensrudjl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensrudjl

I wish this wasn't sold out!! Is there any other way to get it??? My mom and my grandma have been playing Zelda for as long as I can remember, that's how I got into it :D

hup440

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hup440

they will sell it later/soon for $15...

Warrior1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Warrior1986

Where will I be able to get one? Are they going to sell it here or somewhere else?

Warrior1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Warrior1986
thebeefytaco wrote:you can buy it tomorrow for $15 from the sad rat

What is sad rat? I really want to get one of these shirts.

illiderin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illiderin
Warrior1986 wrote:What is sad rat? I really want to get one of these shirts.

You can just get it on here tomorrow.

And I love the color. It reminds me off the golden cartridge the original game was on.

25 shirts and counting!!!

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman

Oops!! I was getting on to buy this bc i knew it would win first... but for some reason I had it in my head that friday lasts until i go to bed... not midnight... lololol.. oops... I want this shirt and its not up for 15 yet . How long does it take?

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.