mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Can-Can Gull

glad to see someone made AttilaTheMom's can can dancer!

gmv from someone with faaaaaar too many gulls around. they'd be more fun if they did the can can rather than stealing snacks

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

gcstoffel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcstoffel
Re: The First Cow Tipper

This may be just a huge unbelievable coincidence but there was a shirt submitted into threadless two days ago with almost the exact same concept.

You all make the call but it smells fishy to me.

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
jimiyo wrote:sweet! some good art showing up around here!

hey thanks a lot Jimiyo!

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
tgentry wrote:AWESOME illustration, I love this kind of stuff.

Thanks Tgentry, thats great to hear coming from you.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Re: Chinchilla Launch

VOTE FOR CHINCHILLA LAUNCH!
*No chinchillas were harmed in the making of this design*

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

Considering Cho's reputation, I feel his work is original, but I see your point.

mvw99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvw99

I had voted for that shirt on threadless. Can hardly believe the coincidence?

Discobiscuits

superspryte wrote:Umm, hello random...?

still love you.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Discobiscuits wrote:Considering Cho's reputation, I feel his work is original, but I see your point.

I agree. I don't think it's Cho's fault, but it really is quite close.

To be fair, Cho's shirt is much more accurate, according to the accepted scientific timeline. ;)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sparklzk27 wrote:VOTE FOR CHINCHILLA LAUNCH!
*No chinchillas were harmed in the making of this design*

I was working on one of one of my chinchillas running. T_T;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Discobiscuits wrote:still love you.

Lollers. Umm, thanks. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

gcstoffel wrote:This may be just a huge unbelievable coincidence but there was a shirt submitted into threadless two days ago with almost the exact same concept.

You all make the call but it smells fishy to me.

It's highly unlikely that someone with such a reputation as Cho would tarnish it by copying something. An unfortunate coincidence though. -_-

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Pop N Lock

Criminal that this isn't fogged.

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
Re: Wet And Windy

Man thats too bad on the rejection. its a great shirt.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
eHalcyon wrote:Thanks. I think I'm going to remove it and resub later tonight though - I think it's gotten buried. And hopefully I'll have finished another design by then...

Yeah, I think maybe my shirt got buried too. I don't know that I'm going to resubmit though. Unless people think there's a way it can be improved?

mia3mom

Re: Peregrination

this is a stunning shirt, dk! wow. I love it. Your designs always catch my eye, and this is no exception. The thumbnail is cool, but the shirt...

Thanks for sharing the story behind the picture. great work! I'd love to see it printed.

daedalusknight

snarkygal wrote:Hey that's my job!!!

Heheeh. Well, I'm sure the rejectinator meant no disrespect. :-)

mia3mom

Re: Spring Means Face Planting

great details! I love the grass stairs, very cool use of shirt color.

someday I'll get a SkekTek shirt...

daedalusknight

andrewlb wrote:Would it be rejected if it was renamed?

Sadly it looks like they won't go for any other wind blowing umbrella shirts, which is a shame because I like this one far better than the one they printed before. That one's almost a diagram... this one has such passion.

daedalusknight

mia3mom wrote:how can people resist a catapult? I'm not usually a squirrel fan, but for a catapult I'll relent.

Doesn't that make it a squirrel-a-pult, then? :-)

Nice design. I think you might have gotten more votes with a spork instead of a fork, though. :-)

mia3mom

Re: Beachbound Vespa Dog

<3 for the beachbound hound!

great design, and love the bacon-towel. I let the puppy ride on my scooter down the hill to the beach some days, though he isn't allowed to drive (yet). Our oldest dog turns 16 this year, and there's a petition to try to get her a driving license. it's like you read our minds!

RyanM13579

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyanM13579
Re: Segway Heist

Faaaaaaantastic

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
QuigglyPhD wrote:I've always been a fan of Calvin & Hobbes. I know the comic you're both talking about all too well, because it's the basis of this design. I didn't want to make a copy since that'd be just plain wrong - so I put the guy in different dance positions. You can't buy Watterson's work on apparel as he never licensed it out. So this is my little homage to Watterson and all the inspiration he's ever given me

I didn't think it was even close enough to be hit by the rejector. I only noted that because I'm a huge Calvin & Hobbes fan and own like every comic he made.. If I wasn't I wouldn't have even made the connection besides the remote similarity of them both playing LP's.

This is the comic they are saying it is too close to:

tgentry

Staff

Re: Objects Falling In A Vacuum

*giggles*, great nerd humor.

daedalusknight

eHalcyon wrote:I agree. I don't think it's Cho's fault, but it really is quite close.

To be fair, Cho's shirt is much more accurate, according to the accepted scientific timeline. ;)

heheh... yeah... there were no dinosaurs back in the days of prehistoric man, no matter what the Flinstones tell you. :-)

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
daedalusknight wrote:Doesn't that make it a squirrel-a-pult, then? :-)

Nice design. I think you might have gotten more votes with a spork instead of a fork, though. :-)

XD I was going to do a spork! But it didnt look right to me XD

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
superspryte wrote:I was working on one of one of my chinchillas running. T_T;

they were one of the first things I thought of when I read the theme since mine always seem to be bouncing all over the place

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Motion of the 80's

sorry...keep changing my mind on this one...
hopefully last submit

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: The Fastest Animals on Earth

Mr. Gentry.

This concept is pure gold. I will have to buy one and smelt it down into jewelry, so I can make a killing at the pawn shop

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eHalcyon wrote:Wouldn't the white be difficult to discern on creme?

no not really. I've seen the difference between the two colors on a shirt before and the white stands out rather well.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
daedalusknight wrote:Yeah, I think maybe my shirt got buried too. I don't know that I'm going to resubmit though. Unless people think there's a way it can be improved?

I don't know - I really like yours. Then again, the peregrine falcon is one of my favourite animals.

I've got some Church stuff to do tonight, but I should be able to finish a second design... fun stuff. =P

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Discobiscuits

Re: The Fastest Animals on Earth

Hopefully this breaks 1k votes like the Zelda shirt. This is seriously flawless. Details spectacular, the design is simple, olive shirt color (best one IMO.)

But what takes the cake is the face on that sloth, holy lmaoshittingwtfroflbbq

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jpolson wrote:Scary. Is the shadow from something chasing him?

It appears to be a cat attempting to pounce on the little guy.

Run, Clooney-Mouse!

Erynriel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Erynriel
Re: Peregrination

I can promise you that if this one makes it to print, I'm most certainly buying it! I work with birds of prey and just love the falcons! Fantastic design and gorgeous shirt.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Raining wrote:You are an amazing designer.

Thank you,

This is my fourth Woot T-shirt contest. I've never done anything like this before, but I wanted to force myself to learn my Photoshop Elements program.

I am a fine artist working in both ordinary and unusual media - the unsual media being crayon and gunpowder. I also do photograpy, but there again it is unusual; I merge my images together to make them abstract, surreal and /or incongruent. I am certainly not a graphic artist, but this is fun.

I am such a rookie here I don't even know how to figure out who does what designs. What are some of yours?

tgentry

Staff

Re: Water Wheel

I'm glad I clicked on this one. Very nice work.

daedalusknight

mia3mom wrote:this is a stunning shirt, dk! wow. I love it. Your designs always catch my eye, and this is no exception. The thumbnail is cool, but the shirt...

Yeah... I couldn't get the whole image into the thumbnail without losing all the tiny feather mottling... hence the "click for full view" message. It looks like not many people are going in for a closer look though. Do you think I should resub with a different thumbnail?

mia3mom wrote:
Thanks for sharing the story behind the picture. great work! I'd love to see it printed.

You're welcome. I always like to let people in on the thought process behind a design. I guess it's just the writer in me.

tgentry

Staff

AdderXYU wrote:Mr. Gentry.

This concept is pure gold. I will have to buy one and smelt it down into jewelry, so I can make a killing at the pawn shop

Ha, your comment should fog. Best one I've read today. Thanks, and thanks to the above that commented favorably. See everyone on Monday and best of luck.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
tgentry wrote:Criminal that this isn't fogged.

Give it time. Derby's only seven hours old, after all.

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama

*giggles* I <3 Wolly Mammoths
Great job Cho

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream