quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Segway Heist

Check out this amusing comic:

Dar: The Segway cops

Your shirt reminded me of this. :-)

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
aerodino wrote:Thank you,

This is my fourth Woot T-shirt contest. I've never done anything like this before, but I wanted to force myself to learn my Photoshop Elements program.

I am a fine artist working in both ordinary and unusual media - the unsual media being crayon and gunpowder. I also do photograpy, but there again it is unusual; I merge my images together to make them abstract, surreal and /or incongruent. I am certainly not a graphic artist, but this is fun.

I am such a rookie here I don't even know how to figure out who does what designs. What are some of yours?

The only way to see who did each design is to click on each thumbnail and see the full comp on the Derby voting page.

I must say, your media is quite unusual. Crayon and gunpowder? Interesting llo.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: The Fastest Animals on Earth

Wow Tgentry. You're ability to combine awesome concepts with superb artwork may be unparalleled on this site. Some have the ideas but not the art, some have art but not ideas, but this design is awesome.

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama
Re: Crank Dat Star Wars Boy

Is that like......from THUG2? Cause it looks a bit like the same kid, yet I think he had just a broom or something....

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
daedalusknight wrote:Wow... the rejectinator's getting snarky now. I wonder if this spells the end to clip art entries in the future.

I would buy off their entire overstock inventory of Squarries if that meant this.

daedalusknight

eHalcyon wrote:I don't know - I really like yours. Then again, the peregrine falcon is one of my favourite animals.

I've got some Church stuff to do tonight, but I should be able to finish a second design... fun stuff. =P

I'm glad you like it. One of my favorite animals as well.

Looking forward to seeing your next design.

BigKuntry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigKuntry

I've never run a 5 minute mile. Sure wish I could. Also wish I could ditch my shadow for a couple minutes... Here's my dreams coming true on a T-shirt....

bethebike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethebike

Tornado Man in mad pursuit of his one true love...hurricane woman

AdderXYU

tgentry wrote:AWESOME illustration, I love this kind of stuff.

It's funny, first thing I thought of when I saw this was your pin-up on a rocket... totally different style here, but both solid designs

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
blahmcblah wrote:Give it time. Derby's only seven hours old, after all.

Well, it started out fogged, but the super turtle kicked it out. Here's hoping it gets back in...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

daedalusknight

Erynriel wrote:I can promise you that if this one makes it to print, I'm most certainly buying it! I work with birds of prey and just love the falcons! Fantastic design and gorgeous shirt.

Thanks so much for your support.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: Sakura

This should be a shirt. It's flowers on the wind. Better than about 2 dozen shirts so far.

Quite a shame

daedalusknight

AdderXYU wrote:I would buy off their entire overstock inventory of Squarries if that meant this.

I've got to agree with you there. Well, not the buying Squarries part (I look horrible in red), but the clip art ban. It's really frustrating to spend all night working on an extremely detailed design (see my shirt this week.... plug... plug) only to check the derby the next day and see other extremely detailed designs that people put together from clip art packs.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
Re: The Occasional Stretch

When did this become lincoln.woot? This one is pretty frakkin sweet though, and depending on available money/drawer space, I may actually buy it. GMV.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: cheap flight

what color is the shirt? it's too dark for creme and too light for brown.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Marching by.

wooHOO!!

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: Taking Flight (Green)

The bird's feet are driving me crazy.

A bird brings his undercarriage up under by folding his feet up.

I have budgies and have taken fast shutter shots of them, they never leave their feet hanging.

Otherwise, about the closest to voting I've come in this derby.

AdderXYU

Re: Peregrination

I was skeptical of you at first, DK, probably because I first noticed you in no less underwhelming a derby as Canada, but I've grown to see that you are indeed a serious designer, and that alone earns you respect. This is a really solid design, if not one I'd wear myself.

Your comment also brings up a possible derby theme... charity. It would be at least as different from Citizenship as Greed was from Consumerism, and it could be paired with side deals for a charity of the designer's choice. Might be interesting all around, though I wager we'd only see the most popular charities, not the best shirts.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: The First Cow Tipper

Great idea. I think having "The First Cow Tipper" on the shirt would make it even better. Why does woot almost always ban text?
-Andy

privatedonut21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages privatedonut21
Re: Pop N Lock

Excellent design, hilarious! The only problem is that you'll probably get people constantly asking you what the shirt is about, but that's the problem with all clever shirts unfortunately. Anyway, good job!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
1985starzi wrote:This is honestly one of the best shirts that depicts MOTION for all that it's worth...

Hey - thanks everyone for the kind words.. heres hoping it continues to get the love... a little foggery wouldnt hurt...

Shame im sick with the flu today, or i'd call on some friends for celebrity endorsements.. its been a while since Papi and me hung out...

Andy47240

mjc613 wrote:I think my husband would love this.

I know my wife's husband would love this. It's great to see old time football.
-Andy

Andy47240

Re: The Occasional Stretch

I am always amazed at your ability to create amazing shading.
-Andy

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
Re: Newton's Horror

can never have enough newton tshirts! GMV.

Andy47240

Re: Fly little leaf..FLY!

I think you have a neat concept, but it is so dark on the Navy shirt. I would resub on something lighter while it's still early.
-Andy

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Andy47240 wrote:Great idea. I think having "The First Cow Tipper" on the shirt would make it even better. Why does woot almost always ban text?
-Andy

because it allows for more creativity to try to get points across.

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Re: A Hockey Goalies Nightmare

It's playoff time so this one is for the hockey fans out there! I re-worked the shoulder so the neck didn't seem like it was missing. My original idea was just the glove but after my wife and fellow wooters suggested readability issues I added the mask and the arm.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Andy47240 wrote:Great idea. I think having "The First Cow Tipper" on the shirt would make it even better. Why does woot almost always ban text?
-Andy

Why? Because otherwise we would be getting all text shirts that really suck, that's why.

thesb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesb
Re: Locommode-tion.

Yikes, the compression really made those previews look poor. Is there any way to update them without resub'ing?

daedalusknight

AdderXYU wrote:I was skeptical of you at first, DK, probably because I first noticed you in no less underwhelming a derby as Canada, but I've grown to see that you are indeed a serious designer, and that alone earns you respect. This is a really solid design, if not one I'd wear myself.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I must admit that not all of my designs take as much drawing effort as this one did. My Canadian shirt was one of these. Despite the simplicity of the drawing part, though, it took me hours to get all the leaves exactly where I wanted them... I probably could have drawn it on paper, inked it, scanned it, and cleaned it up in the time it took me to arrange all those leaves in photoshop. It would've made it to printing too, had Enin not drawn an even more popular leaf than my own. :-)

AdderXYU wrote: Your comment also brings up a possible derby theme... charity. It would be at least as different from Citizenship as Greed was from Consumerism, and it could be paired with side deals for a charity of the designer's choice. Might be interesting all around, though I wager we'd only see the most popular charities, not the best shirts.

I'm all for that idea. In fact, I'd happily design a shirt for the theme of charity, giving all the proceeds to a charity of my choice. I'd be much more enthusiastic about that topic than I was about greed, (which you could probably see in the lackluster entry I submitted for that one).

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
Re: Cat Walk

'there' should be 'their'
Re-sub quick! Some voters won't vote for shirts with mis-spellings.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

Andy47240

jbedwar1 wrote:because it allows for more creativity to try to get points across.

I do think text is fine when it is used in moderation. I know if they did not ban it there would be all text shirts, but it does help sometimes. But, that's just my opinion.
-Andy

daedalusknight

snarkygal wrote:Why? Because otherwise we would be getting all text shirts that really suck, that's why.

Given the quality of a lot of the shirts in the text derby, I have to say I completely agree.

daedalusknight

jbedwar1 wrote:because it allows for more creativity to try to get points across.

I think it really does force us to be more visually expressive. It's often a bit of a cop out just to label something as what you want it to be seen as. To have to convey it in images is a challenge that I welcome... makes me use the ol' noggin a bit more. :-)

araneola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages araneola
Re: katasplosion

I love making the moon GMV, even though the song is now stuck in my head!

chet90si

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chet90si
Re: paper motions

No vote from me, but the creme one did. Summer is about to start... I'm not trying to wear a dark brown shirt in this heat!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
mia3mom wrote:great details! I love the grass stairs, very cool use of shirt color.

someday I'll get a SkekTek shirt...

Thanks. But I don't think it'll be this derby... I love that it came out like I wanted though.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
araneola wrote:I love making the moon GMV, even though the song is now stuck in my head!

Thanks! I've had it in my head since I started this last night

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
eHalcyon wrote:I prefer the expressions on sokowa's, though I think this looks more like the real thing -the strings on the other one are really short.

ohhhh i didnt even notice how short the strings were on the other one till you mentioned it.

And like others said...i prefer royal over the baby blue as well.

heimdallshorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heimdallshorn
Re: Circling the Drain

Poor little ducky, circling the drain. This is my first derby, so any suggestions or comments are definitely appreciated.