daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Webfoot08 wrote:I had hoped to go on to earn my Master's in the captive Peregrine Falcon breeding program at Cornell when I finished my degree in environmental science here in 1990. But during my junior year, the birds of prey program pulled up stakes mid-quarter and went across the country to Clemson, the director's alma mater. They had made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and he took everything including the equipment, the aviary, and the grad students with him. I limped into my degree with cobbled-together credits and classes instead of a BS in bird studies.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to stick with the program. Or that the program didn't get to stick with you. :-)

Webfoot08 wrote:That said, this shirt is awesome. The detail on the falcon is truly fantastic. Good job!

I'm so glad you like it. Thanks so much for your support!

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Army in my Pocket

I would totally buy this for every guy in my life...el oh el. Love it.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
snarkygal wrote:Why? Because otherwise we would be getting all text shirts that really suck, that's why.

As opposed to?....

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Super Turtle

This is just too cute!

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
dasmonkeyboy wrote:[quote postid="2175617" user="heimdallshorn"]I support you. After all of the Oceanography classes I have taken, I know that cyclic wave motion is the epitome of motion. Well done.[/quote}waves are complicated things...

All I really want is my 40 votes,

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Floppy Ears

OK, how cute is this? Nice work!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Movement

This shirt has tremendous motion going on! I tend to get seasick easily and this nearly does me in if I stare at it for too long. Which is to say, great design - you obviously put a LOT of work into it. I really don't see anything reject-able about it.

bubbachuck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bubbachuck
Re: Movement

i cannot believe woot rejected this shirt. uh...waves...ship? you don't need to be an oceanographer to know that this represents motion.

you disappoint me, woot.

Fear denies faith

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
daedalusknight wrote:Great idea, but you might want to take it down and change the earth a bit... Woot has a habit of rejecting anything that even remotely looks like poop. How about just a rock?

Unfortunately, greys totally ruined the harmony, and ended up clashing horribly.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: The Cow Jumps Over The Moon...

I was a hair away from voting for this - love the way the cow's eyes are squeezed shut - I just think it'd be better if the moon was more recognizably the moon - couple craters or something else to keep it from being a big circle. Could just be me, though. I think this is a really fun shirt!

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
bubbachuck wrote:i cannot believe woot rejected this shirt. uh...waves...ship? you don't need to be an oceanographer to know that this represents motion.

you disappoint me, woot.

Besirdes, it was my only "BIg Idea"

smthngcrprt726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smthngcrprt726

definitely conveys more motion than most of the other shirts ive seen submitted thus far... another killer shirt from sundbe10, gratz on the human genome project, scored three of those for me and my nerd friends already =)

daedalusknight

folkkevi wrote:Unfortunately, greys totally ruined the harmony, and ended up clashing horribly.

A brown rock? :-)

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
jbedwar1 wrote:yeah it's not surprising to see this idea more than once in this theme. good job on yours as well.

I thought of this idea last night too, and about five minutes later saw the first one posted on the boards. Thought to myself, well shoot, was too slow on that one. It really is a great idea, and GMTA.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
waacodemon wrote:i love it, but not a huge fan of baby blue

Ya, I'm starting to see more and more dislike for the light blue. . . I knew there was something against white here, didn't know this color was up there too. :/ Good to know. Though I have a few baby blue shirts and they look pretty good.

ianthemighty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianthemighty
pstan wrote:Bunk I say!

My friend has a 500 cow dairy farm and says he can't even tip his own cows...

Sir, your friend is a real black eye for the dairy farming profession.

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
superspryte wrote:Somewhere someone mentioned something about seeing this image before. That may have also had something to do with it. I did not see said image.

that would be a neat trick.

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: What's Up Rabbit?

i should have added to it.

folkkevi

daedalusknight wrote:A brown rock? :-)

I will see how it fairs for now, if it is an issue i will take your advice.

Prezkot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Prezkot

Bout time we get some baseball represented on this here site.

GMV.

Woot.Shirt.Purchases:
+ Lime In The Coconut
+ 2 Random Shirts (Five Bucks Coffee, Cassette Taps)
+ Gettysburg Address

daedalusknight

folkkevi wrote:I will see how it fairs for now, if it is an issue i will take your advice.

They'll probably wait a while before rejecting it, seeing as it's the weekend. They'll come through and start gettign rid of shirts eventually, though.

Or you might get lucky and they'll see it's not poop. :-)

folkkevi

I dig it.

fireatwill25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fireatwill25
haxrox wrote:What's "star wars"?

While there is no icon that points to it being a part of star wars. A nerd like myself can put a couple things together and at least think it is related. The first being the title, having the first letter of force capitalized. Second a force diagram, another attempt to bring out 'the force' title. Next, there's the character that looks like he has a lightsaber. And the green color of the resultant arrow is similar to color of Luke's lightsaber. That being said and all, the character could be carrying a flashlight. The creator of this design may just like solving force equations and just made a title to fit the design. That green color may have been the best choice with the design. If this does have some inner star wars pointers, then it is less obvious than the Legend of Zelda shirt that was out yesterday. I loved that zelda shirt and I think this one is great too. I may be completely wrong in my assessment and my thought pattern, and either way good luck haxrox. I hope you win. I'm going back to my sci-fi/fantasy world. Catch ya on the flip side

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
AdderXYU wrote:Reputation counts for a lot, though. Cho's rep states that he's creative enough and talented enough to have this unlikely as a rip. Woot will decide what they decide, but there is no need to crucify him for it.

Ugh, throwing in reputation as a "bar" for talent makes things a tad muddy. I've had a shirt rejected in the past for looking too similar to another shirt. I'd like to think that it got rejected for looking too similar to a shirt, not that my reputation wasn't high enough for some reason.

nulli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nulli
Re: Rocket Rodeo

I have never wanted a design to win as much as this. Great work.

folkkevi

Re: Planetary Motion (Good ol' Kepler)

good concept, but i suggest not freehanding with the paint tools, trying learning the pen tool. More difficult, but your designs will begin to look much more professional. Also, be aware of how the edges of your design fit on the shirt, here they stop abruptly, generally a big no-no.

twincarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twincarma
Re: Pop N Lock

youve got good taste in music yo

folkkevi

Re: Herding Cats

how very... odd..

brilliantly rendered though.

daedalusknight

sokowa wrote:Ugh, throwing in reputation as a "bar" for talent makes things a tad muddy. I've had a shirt rejected in the past for looking too similar to another shirt. I'd like to think that it got rejected for looking too similar to a shirt, not that my reputation wasn't high enough for some reason.

I think the critical point here is that the design does NOT look similar to another shirt. It has a similar concept (tipping something from the past), but the design elements are different(dinosaur vs. mammoth) and the execution is different. That, more than reputation, is why I think this shirt will be safe.

Not that Woot will be required to listen to my opinion.

His reputation as a designer, though, is what makes me think he didn't deliberately copy another person's concept. Just random idea convergence.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Chibizoo wrote:It might be a variety of things - I like a really simple style, though the orange might remind you of Kyo from Fruits Baskets, come to think of it XD (that's unintentional). Its a common 'cartoon cat type of look' though for sure (and a lot of cartoon/anime cats seem to be orange).

You're right, it does look a little like Kyo. I'm a Yuki fan myself, though. ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

mccart11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mccart11
Re: Wind architectures

very nicely done for a first entry La La!

smm

folkkevi

Re: Aristotle's motion

Mostly I just wanted to deviate from the norm, hopefully the "4 elements" thing sinks in, i am pulling for the philosophy vote.

DMBFreakNo41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMBFreakNo41

tho i hate to burst bubbles, this exact pic was a magazine add a couple years ago.

Re: Mission Impossible?

daedalusknight

SailorButterfly wrote:You're right, it does look a little like Kyo. I'm a Yuki fan myself, though. ;-)

Heheeh. I should have done a bunch of Zodiac animals for the last derby... in homage to the Soma family. :-)

twincarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twincarma
privatedonut21 wrote:Excellent design, hilarious! The only problem is that you'll probably get people constantly asking you what the shirt is about, but that's the problem with all clever shirts unfortunately. Anyway, good job!

depends on where you live. If your in say, WV then Id say you are correct. Here near Orlando no such problem.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
daedalusknight wrote:I've got to agree with you there. Well, not the buying Squarries part (I look horrible in red), but the clip art ban. It's really frustrating to spend all night working on an extremely detailed design (see my shirt this week.... plug... plug) only to check the derby the next day and see other extremely detailed designs that people put together from clip art packs.

Is that legal? You mean I could save my self time and not draw up EVERY detail?? . I'm kidding. I couldn't live with that. I didn't know that people could get away with doing this though....

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

envelope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages envelope
Re: Chinchilla Launch

i thought this was ELS for sure! yay! go chin chins!

/s/j

folkkevi

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Squeakwoot wrote:Interesting concept, but isn't this the spinning model gif?

Namely,

That's what I thought it was too when I saw it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
SkekTek wrote: Thanks. But I don't think it'll be this derby... I love that it came out like I wanted though.

Maybe I'm crazy but this isn't the style that I'm used to from you. Great job though! It is cool and totally has my vote . Should have been on orange though

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.