witemouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witemouse

Awesome design! If this doesn't win, I still wanna get one!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Rocket Rodeo

Very awesome, dynamic design, strong colors, well rendered. It is, however, sexual as all let out. We will see if the mods call this one "over pg13"

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
eHalcyon wrote:This is so unrealistic. If that guy were a real ninja, we wouldn't be able to see him on the shirt. ;)

man that would have made an awesome shirt, just a plain white shirt with nothing on it and then call it ninja. thats genius.

thanks for your comments!

dsladek

arethusa668 wrote:Me and my boyfriend like it a lot. It looks awesome and the artwork is aweeeesome!

thanks for your support!

dsladek

witemouse wrote:It's got my vote. I think it might look better if the art were off to the side instead of right down the middle, but I could be wrong. It's just what I like. Either way, cool shirt. I think most people just look for stuff that's a bit less, real(?) I guess you could say. Maybe not the best way to put it. Either way though, great job with the drawing

I actually conidered putting it off to one side but I decided that the middle worked better.

thanks so much for your support!

denisedang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denisedang
Re: Perpetual Emotion

Love the design! not such a big fan of baby blue shirts though... perhaps black would have been better...
Great job anyways!

tommyt827

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyt827
Re: Ninja awesome move of greatness

I love the artwork, but I think it might look better without that yellow background down the middle--that yellow strip down the middle just looks a little awkward. I think the ninja with just the shirt's olive background might look better. It still gets my vote though.

zhalfirin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhalfirin

the clouds make it seem like its jumping over the earth more than the moon. i still like it tho

dsladek

tommyt827 wrote:I love the artwork, but I think it might look better without that yellow background down the middle--that yellow strip down the middle just looks a little awkward. I think the ninja with just the shirt's olive background might look better. It still gets my vote though.

actually its more of a ocher color... but thats beside the point. The intention behind the backdrop was to convey the look of japanese rice paper. of coarse its stylized but that was the intention. also I feel it gives the shirt an interesting graphic look.

thanks for voting and thanks for your comments!

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: busy bee

I think this is a great design, but I think they will have issues with how fine the lines are, and wont beable to print it.

swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1

I was just saying to someone today how we never see orange shirts -- but you found a way to make it work. Nice work!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
mia3mom wrote:thanks for the grin! love the expressions.

anytime! And thanks!

BTW PM

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
daedalusknight wrote:Sad, but true. A day out playing on the Slip 'n' Slide would invariably wind up with many siblings coated in mud. :-)

I could have also done a redneck version with a blue tarp instead... llo Nah, this is far more nostalgic. I was kinda surprised I didn't see this as an entry last week for the year 1961

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
2005vette wrote:I think this is a great design, but I think they will have issues with how fine the lines are, and wont beable to print it.

they did a great job with the last one
this design uses the same line weight

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/eninproductions/mapleleafshirt.jpg

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
SamoaJoe wrote:Coincidence or not, it's eerily similar to a shirt design on another site. That would be grounds for rejection for anyone else. It wouldn't even be a debate.

Regardless of Cho's reputation, regardless of whether or not this is a coincidence, based on precedent set in previous Derbies, this also has to have the guillotine dropped down on it.

If it doesn't get rejected then it CLEARLY shows a Woot bias towards the work of Cho.

people are arguing whether this should be rejected for plagarism or not... do people not remember the double whammy of the two ravens winning the derby? now, i'm no expert, but i would have to say that those two shirts were more identical in idea, style, and execution than this shirk and the dino shirt. i would not call them eerily similar. i'm also fairly certain that neither cho nor the other designer were the first in the world to think up the idea that cave men pushed over some sort of slow witted large animal. rabble rabble.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

You never cease to amaze me. Awesome job!
-Andy

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Flyover

I really like your concept and colors.
-Andy

oblivious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oblivious
Re: Floating Feather

I so want this shirt. Please win!

swatspyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swatspyder
witemouse wrote:Awesome design! If this doesn't win, I still wanna get one!

Definitely!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

If you ever wondered about whales mints and diet cola , well then wonder no more. Instant GEYSER.!!!!!

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

pstan wrote:Bunk I say!

It can happen but most people are claimers. My friend has a 500 cow dairy farm and says he can't even tip his own cows...

It took 4 people. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: The First Cow Tipper

I bet that Cho laughs all the way to the bank about people having such heated debates EVERY week about his designs. He draws well, just like many other people. He uses this talent to draw animals on tshirts, and possibly make money. oooooooo Scandalous.

dcarhart

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dcarhart
Re: The Occasional Stretch

Nice, GMV.

Also nice unintentional commentary on our current stagnent economy

trippregan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trippregan
GravityJMB wrote:I love it. GMV!

Thanks Gravity!

Master the Cap•A•Cooz and you've mastered life

TAYLORT5

ok no more REMOVING. this is it.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

TAYLORT5

folkkevi wrote:Very awesome, dynamic design, strong colors, well rendered. It is, however, sexual as all let out. We will see if the mods call this one "over pg13"

I wonder why red was passed up? orange might blend it well with the other colors but red would have rang the bell, so to speak.

You're on probation!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Rocket Rodeo

Wow, great work! I agree with Jimiyo, this is true t-shirt art, and a very exciting and energetic design, but I feel a bit of dread for you because of Woot's well-known habit of wanting stuff that's pretty much nonsexual in nature. This is quite suggestive - you could rework it with a less sexy rider - maybe a cartoon character - a male figure similar to the cowboy from "Toy Story" perhaps? - instead of a very pretty and well-built girl.

I'm just sayin'.

Handy guideline: just consider Woot to be the Amish country of t-shirt design, and you can't go wrong, hehehe.

Webfoot08

Re: Ninja awesome move of greatness

Great stuff! And you're in the fog now, so no worries. We like it, we like it!

TAYLORT5

Andy47240 wrote:I do think text is fine when it is used in moderation. I know if they did not ban it there would be all text shirts, but it does help sometimes. But, that's just my opinion.
-Andy

tell me about it..squiggles on a can, do not equate to "diet cola"

You're on probation!

BIGGEN1103

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BIGGEN1103
Re: Movement in toys

going down the stairs, alone OR in pairs, might have done this one justice

Webfoot08

Re: Spring Means Face Planting

I absolutely LOVE the polka-dot boxers. That's the greatest touch, and the iPod... this hurts to look at but it's very imaginative and funny in an "Oh, no!" kind of way.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
eHalcyon wrote:Aw, you're out of the fog now.

Well, my first entry remains overlooked (or maybe I just like it and nobody else does XP), but here's hoping my own turtle can get some attention. Hopefully some sort of shelled reptile places this week.

I'll toss you a vote... it looks good.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Herding Cats

I love the expression "it's like herding cats", and I have herding-breed dogs that actually do herd my cat (and kids, and everything else), so I'm a sucker for this shirt. well done, and definitely gmv!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
daedalusknight wrote:I think the critical point here is that the design does NOT look similar to another shirt. It has a similar concept (tipping something from the past), but the design elements are different(dinosaur vs. mammoth) and the execution is different. That, more than reputation, is why I think this shirt will be safe.

Now this a completely agree with. The shirts are different, and that's why it'll stay, not because of any reputation.

mia3mom

Re: Better row faster...

great job with the waves! I'm a total ocean/wave sucker, comes from living 5 min from the water.

If it was printed now, SmartPost might get it to us in time for hurricane season in a few weeks...

mia3mom

Re: Peregrination - RESUB

loved the original, love this even more!

Great details, great design showing flight, and I think the new thumbnail will attract more votes. Good luck!

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
iris420 wrote:I love this shirt. Looks like a normal day in my house.

Mine too XD Having two cats in your house is always ammusing

jbedwar1

TAYLORT5 wrote:ok no more REMOVING. this is it.

at least for this shirt huh?

jbedwar1

Wow enin.... you are crazy good. Nice job on the detail once again.