tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

palmettogirl wrote:I'm sick of Lincoln. But the concept is great.

I'm kind of confused about why everyone is tired of 'so many' Lincoln entries. In the entire history of Shirt.Woot there's been two shirts with Lincoln on it, and only one featured Lincoln by himself. I can count on one hand the amount of times Lincoln was submitted as an entry. Actually if you exclude the text derby where people were submitting Lincoln entries to prove some kind of point, I can't think of any. So why is everyone acting like Lincolns are the new Trees, Penguins, or Pirates? Seems a little misguided to me.

The funny thing is I didn't even pick this statue specifically because it was Lincoln. I was originally going to do the the Statue of Liberty, but since she already had her arm up it would have been harder to make it look like she was yawning.

SamoaJane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamoaJane
SamoaJoe wrote:I didn't "demand" anything, I'm simply stating an observation.

People have said for a long time now that this site, and many of its most hardcore supporters, have a bias towards Cho. I firmly believe that if this similarity had come up for anyone else it would be immediate grounds for a rejection, but for Cho people are chalking it up as "just a coincidence" and "because it's Cho we'll let it slide".

Want further proof of the bias? Where's Adder and his voting elites who search out designs in the Derby that have this exact type of similarity. They're eerily silent about this comparison.

What's the purpose of Woot having rules or rejection policies if they're only going to enforce them on certain contestants?

Are you still going after Cho?!? I just don't get it. And who are you to ask where other people are. Where are YOU? Out spending our rent money on internet cafes so you can post this nonsense!!!! Instead, you need to come home and mow the yard! And maybe spend some time with your children.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Re: ****Super Turtle in a Race****

Just thought i'd redo it and add in the hare and such

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
dirttracker39 wrote:Right, cuz thats how I usually fondle breasts...another good call woot.

hahahaha!

mariart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariart
Re: Margarita time

There is no easy way to make a Margarita,is there a shirt for cleaning up the mess when it all goes wrong...? Perhaps we should explore a bartenders guide shirt for drinking dummies.

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
skibbereengirl wrote:The black is only an outline around the characters and there is so much more color to this shirt than Cool Breeze, it will print fine. I love this shirt.

You won't be able to make out the pocket or the parachute strings. =/ The boots probably won't show well either. I really like the design, but brown and black just don't mix. Woot needs a lighter brown color to choose from, so many designs would be rockin' on a medium-light brown template.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: No Turning Back Now

Great job Shan.

Wobblytoddles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wobblytoddles
Re: Newton's Escape

I'm aware of the other Newton's Cradle entries. I did start this Thursday before I knew about either one and decided it was different enough to be OK. Hope you like it.

jasontehman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontehman
Re: Evolution of Rock 2

wow, I really like this one! very simple but gets the point across. I just can't hit my guitar on the ground like that... I guess you have to be rich.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
Andy47240 wrote:I really like your concept and colors.
-Andy

thanks!

jasontehman

Re: March on ...

i don't know, but be careful that your not stepping on any copyright toes.

andrewg2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewg2
Patchitect wrote:even so, im a little disappointed. Ive come to expect more originality from a Cho shirt, as well as better execution, and quite frankly, the use of arrows is a cop out. this is mundane at best, and coming from cho, its a bit like a slap in the face. but i suppose a half assed cho shirt still beats out everything else.

I voted for this shirt because I'd wear it. I see amazing art work on the Derby, but for some reason or the other, I wouldn't wear it (I'm not a big gamer, I don't really wear pink, it's a little too cutesy, etc...). Lets remember it's on a t-shirt and people buy it to wear it. Sometimes a simple design with "cop out" elements makes a good t-shirt, and thats all that matters. Look at "Let me get this straight". I understand some people are here for great art, but I'm just here for a t-shirt.

jasontehman

Re: Wet And Windy

thats a shame it got rejected, it's a lot better, and different, than the shirt they already printed.

siren33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siren33

this is brilliant. I love it

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Motion Unhindered

This is pretty cool. From the thumb I thought it was a zombie.
-Andy

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Webfoot08 wrote:Wow, great work! I agree with Jimiyo, this is true t-shirt art, and a very exciting and energetic design, but I feel a bit of dread for you because of Woot's well-known habit of wanting stuff that's pretty much nonsexual in nature. This is quite suggestive - you could rework it with a less sexy rider - maybe a cartoon character - a male figure similar to the cowboy from "Toy Story" perhaps? - instead of a very pretty and well-built girl.

I'm just sayin'.

Handy guideline: just consider Woot to be the Amish country of t-shirt design, and you can't go wrong, hehehe.

Im very pleased with how this came out. I spent A LOT more time on this one than my other subs, but Im bummed that everyone reads it sexually. I had no intention of doing anything remotely sexual. I think in this case its kind of what people bring to it. I see her as almost having a disney princess look, and I dont jump to the rocket having any meaning. I know from two years of art history that anything longer than it is wide can be and usually is considered phallic, but i just dont see stuff that way and I dont understand it. meanwhile woot hasnt given me the hammer yet on this, and maybe if they read these comments they will see I meant nothing by it. I hope people can look past the unintentional sexual side of this and see in it the hard work and strong line work. thanks for the comment

jasontehman

Re: Dancing the Night Away

they might have gone towards "it was the idea that was copied" viewpoint. I mean that may be dumb but I guess it could be grounds for rejection.

TEG522

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TEG522
Re: GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

gee whiz, this shirt is fly.

jbedwar1

Re: Super Turtle

Don't forget the green one either

Tim2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tim2me

If this comes in 4th place, I will be pissed. I think it's the only one I'm interested in getting.

Tim2me

Re: FLAMING ORIOLE CAN MOOOOVE

This is a money shirt.

Tim2me

Re: Bullet time!

It is a shame this only has 7 votes. I'd buy it right now if it were available.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Andy47240 wrote:Great job Shan.

Thanks, Andy! I like your guitar shirt too, I would totally buy that.

jm629

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jm629
Re: Starcraft a la Creme

one of the best shirts ive seen! too bad it hasn't made it's way to the fog. please resub if possible!

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: ****Super Turtle in a Race****

I think I'd love this if it looked like the rabbit was moving.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Rocket Rodeo

This picture is awesome. It totally looks like it could be from a movie.

Alas....it says to many, "Come ride my rocket, cowgirl...and bring your spurs."

xnikox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xnikox

Wow. This is my type of shirt.

borwear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages borwear
Sachmoe64 wrote:Im very pleased with how this came out. I spent A LOT more time on this one than my other subs, but Im bummed that everyone reads it sexually. I had no intention of doing anything remotely sexual. I think in this case its kind of what people bring to it. I see her as almost having a disney princess look, and I dont jump to the rocket having any meaning. I know from two years of art history that anything longer than it is wide can be and usually is considered phallic, but i just dont see stuff that way and I dont understand it. meanwhile woot hasnt given me the hammer yet on this, and maybe if they read these comments they will see I meant nothing by it. I hope people can look past the unintentional sexual side of this and see in it the hard work and strong line work. thanks for the comment

i don't care for sexualy sugestive shirts, on that note i would like to say i like this shirt

Jesta384

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesta384

hrmm. makes me think of "motion"

Jesta384

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesta384
furaeon wrote:Yes, indeed! It's a mouse running from a cat. When I submitted the image I thought the description I gave would be posted with it, so here it is:

Title: Olympic Runner
Description: An emaciated mouse running from his feline nemesis. Run fast, little brother. Like a Kenyan.

they'll run as fast as KENYANS. people will think theyre KENYANS.

YOU'll even win at things youre not supposed to win at like YELLING.

ClayMeow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClayMeow
witemouse wrote:It's got my vote. I think it might look better if the art were off to the side instead of right down the middle, but I could be wrong. It's just what I like. Either way, cool shirt. I think most people just look for stuff that's a bit less, real(?) I guess you could say. Maybe not the best way to put it. Either way though, great job with the drawing

I agree, off to the side would be better. Also, I think the "background" bar ruins the design slightly and would test it out without it.

Overall though, the artistic detail is amazing. Very nicely done!

ClayMeow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClayMeow
Nekkochan wrote:I was a hair away from voting for this - love the way the cow's eyes are squeezed shut - I just think it'd be better if the moon was more recognizably the moon - couple craters or something else to keep it from being a big circle. Could just be me, though. I think this is a really fun shirt!

I agree. Doesn't exactly look like the moon, and if I didn't see the title, I wouldn't know what this was. There's no sense of motion with the cow...it basically looks like a giant cow is sitting on the Earth.

jbedwar1

Re: paper motions

Airplane just cracked the fog ... knocking edgar's piece out at 171 votes.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Rocketing Robot

great work Schrobblehead! I loved seeing it evolve from your first sketch, this is a really cool robot!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Loaf of bread ninja

Was this inspired by a photo or a painting? It a has a very Norman Rockwell feel to it, but that might be because Rockwell often painted baseball related works.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Face Melting SPEED!

I wanted to try a different style and a crazy idea.
A race car loving kid's dream . . . A Soapbox derby car like . .SO FAST that it melts faces

thesb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesb
Re: Locomode-tion

Re-sub'd due to very poor graphic preview.

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin

excellent design and color choice

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
palmettogirl wrote:I'm sick of Lincoln. But the concept is great.

No! We all need more Abe! Abe, Abe, Abe!

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
Re: The Fastest Animals on Earth

love the sloth!