mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Evolution of Rock 2

I like this one, Andy, the original was cool, but too much ink for me in such a bright color. this on gmv, good work!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
Re: Face Melting SPEED!

this is great
i think i built that death trap as a kid

mia3mom

Re: Margarita time

ah, the joy of Rube Goldberg inventions... what more could you want? Other than a margarita, of course.

Jesta384

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesta384
Re: Face Melting SPEED!

brand new eh? i hope it catches up its great!

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
Re: Helicopter Seed

have to love the maple seed

great rendering

Brehuh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Brehuh
Re: Bike Race

hahhaha nice man

-----------------------------------------------
I Got! A bunch of crap.

mia3mom

Re: No Turning Back Now

ooh, nice. I love the placement of the guy and the plane - not centered, but not so far off-center that you lose the design in the crumple zone. I'd love to wear this, gmv!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
TAYLORT5 wrote:I wonder why red was passed up? orange might blend it well with the other colors but red would have rang the bell, so to speak.

Red has a tendancy to seperate from other colors due to its intensity. Orange was a wise choice in my opinion.

m4dcow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m4dcow

Thanks, Hopefully it gets some more love

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Loaf of bread ninja

it looks too close to the bottom and the seams, might get sent to the chopping block.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The First Cow Tipper

Lots of comments about how this is getting votes because of Cho, but until now, I just assumed that it was getting votes because it was about prehistoric cowtipping.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
denisedang wrote:Love the design! not such a big fan of baby blue shirts though... perhaps black would have been better...
Great job anyways!

I wonder what woot's policy is on same design but multiple shirt colors.

Caligumby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caligumby

I NEVER look at the author before voting on a shirt. It seems ridiculous that someone would, however, are people not allowed to admire a certain artists work and vote because of that? I think people can vote for whatever reason they see fit. It is almost moronic to question why someone votes the way they do. It is their personal right to vote for whatever and/or whomever they choose for whatever reason they see fit.

So what, it's a Cho shirt and he tends to get the most recognition... Who cares... The only ones who tend to complain are the sore looser artists who have issues beating him. If it's that big of a deal, go submit your shirts somewhere else and complain why "Steve" is getting all the votes and not you because he is well respected...

On the flip side, I like this shirt. It is not about the art, but the humor one gets from the art. When you see it, you just laugh and think about your childhood... Mr. Flipfromflippington could have designed this shirt and I still would have voted for it and when it wins, I will buy it.

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Re: Flyover/Alt. Colors

Reminds me of the famous Wyeth watercolor. Good work! Great bird's eye view, so to speak.

easeandgrace

eHalcyon wrote:Turtle's spinning, spinning, bouncing, and -woah! - handstand! Waves of pure awesome ripple through the ground and the energy pulsates into the air! Then turtle flips around again, and spins and spins some more...

Very cute!

easeandgrace

Re: Herding Cats

GMV. My cat gave her mew of approval.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: Army in my Pocket

Awesome design! Well done...

Golf-Mike-Victor

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Sail Away with Me

Sail away with me. The curvature of the sails and tilt of the boat let you know that the wind is out and ready for some fun. Additional motion shown in the spray and waves of the water.

A great shirt for summer. Thank you for your vote!

easeandgrace

Re: Wind architectures

Nice line work! Not sure what the person above meant by who drew it - I would assume since you submitted it, you drew it.

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
KenSPT wrote:I don't want to come across as a "Cho Hater", but I just don't think this is as good as the votes indicate. It's better than anything I can do, that's for sure, but it's not as strong as his past work and the work of others in this Derby.

I think there are much better shirts than this one. I think, of the currently fogged entries, TGentry's is much more original and well done. I think the Pop and Lock is the most clever shirt this site has seen in a long time, and I really dig the Rocket Rodeo and Hellicopter Seed.

I see nothing that amazing about this shirt, and as such, I will make the statement that everyone seems to think is bunk; I believe the votes are because this is Cho, not because of the strength of the design.

I say that, not as a "Cho Hater", but rather because of it's rocketing up to the fog.

If this had a slow build over the course of a few days and then got fogged, I'd be fine with it, but the fact that this was posted at 5pm yesterday and was fogged in a mere 6 hours makes me call shenanigans. I don't think the same response would have occurred had anyone else posted this shirt.

Say what you will, that's my opinion.

The design is not THAT good to warrant such a strong fan response. Some of Cho's designs have been ( Cat Fu, Duck Hunt ), this one simply isn't.

I actually prefer this to most of his other designs. This is more vectorized, clean and looks great on the shirt with great colors. Alot of his other designs were on colors I don't like. His more lineart focused ones never really attracted me although they were well done. I have yet to buy a Cho shirt but this one definitely be my first if (and when) it wins.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
artulo wrote:I can virtually guarantee that it won't be available come fall...vote and buy now! Plan ahead!

Thanks for looking!

Well, considering this was available in January and now is available in April, I'm not so sure that it won't be around again in fall.

mia3mom

Re: Sail Away with Me

love it. simply love it. You have great range! This is beautiful sailboat art, and your other entry is more cartoony. Yet both of them capture motion beautifully.

gmv, and this is a design I could see my step-dad or other sailing guys wearing, unlike cartoony sailboats!

stefano01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefano01

This shirt is really cool!!!
I want one!!

m2mla2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m2mla2
Re: Kitty

I would totally wear this!

klswoot

mia3mom wrote:love it. simply love it. You have great range! This is beautiful sailboat art, and your other entry is more cartoony. Yet both of them capture motion beautifully.

gmv, and this is a design I could see my step-dad or other sailing guys wearing, unlike cartoony sailboats!

Thanks Mia! Thank you also for your advice on the sails and the water. I've no knowledge about sailing, but I do appreciate their aesthetics when they are on the water. Lake Erie was gorgeous yesterday and served for great inspiration. I can hardly wait until all the sailboats are on the Lake. Probably just a few weeks now that it's starting to warm up a little.

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD
batty1of3 wrote:I am bummed it got rejected but if the first thing everyone thinks of when they look at is "hey, isn't that Calvin" it could be boarderingo on copywrite infringment.

Well, I did the original art for it, but I think you're right. Just because the first thing people think of when they see it is that it reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes. Which was the whole point to begin with since you can't buy Calvin and Hobbes wear. But it's different art all the same. Oh well, it certainly has bummed me out from submitting anything else for this derby at least

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette

stefano01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefano01
Re: Wind architectures

This shirt is so awesome, hitech wind architecture with a blend of romance... I love it!

furaeon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furaeon
Jesta384 wrote:they'll run as fast as KENYANS. people will think theyre KENYANS.

YOU'll even win at things youre not supposed to win at like YELLING.

SPORTS.
AAHHHHHH!
YOU'LL BE GOOD AT THEM.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
easeandgrace wrote:Very cute!

I think that if I'd submitted it when the derby opened, it would be way up there. Well, I hope at least. But summer is almost here, so university won't get in the way of that anymore. XP

Here's hoping for a surge in turtle dance fever...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

Version 2? I know something like this was in the Water derby, but I wasn't around then. Can anyone point out the differences that make this a v.2?

Very cool, by the way.

philla88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philla88

eHalcyon

Re: Flyover/Alt. Colors

I think I like the other version better. But the perspective is wicked on your design!

eHalcyon

jbedwar1 wrote:Ohhh i thought my eyes were deceiving me when i saw this one so high up in the submissions sorted by date

Alas, perhaps it was not simple burial. I guess I'm just more fond of my birdy than the general public. ^^"

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Dice

oh man, make those 20 siders and you'd have a shot here llo!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

eHalcyon

Graye wrote:You won't be able to make out the pocket or the parachute strings. =/ The boots probably won't show well either. I really like the design, but brown and black just don't mix. Woot needs a lighter brown color to choose from, so many designs would be rockin' on a medium-light brown template.

Yes, that's the biggest problem. All the faux-pocket shirts suffer from this, I think - wasn't there a similar problem with the goldfish shirt? To make a realistic pocket illusion, you need to pick a colour that's close to the shirt colour. And that's the catch-22 - similar colours get lost in the shirt. It's too bad - the concept is fantastic.

klswoot

Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

Love the newer color James. Amazing! 25 votes in 20 minutes. Man! You have some serious voting prowess! It's funny that your wave is right behind my sailboat entry.....makes it looks like it's standing still and about to be sunk. Good luck with this entry. I much prefer it to the tipping mammoth. But that's just personal preference.

lintbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintbox

i got a boner

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11
superspryte wrote:No editing, just removing (only within 24 hours of posting) and resubbing.

How do I do that? I can't find a "remove" button anywhere, and I only have 3 hours left!

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Don Quixote rides on

Very nice Skaght. It has a very ink and brush feel to the style. How did you make this one?

VOTE!