recchiap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
Re: Army in my Pocket Version 2

I like this design better, way to go Sundbe10.

Everyone who voted for the other one should vote for this one too!

talbotini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talbotini
Re: Too Soon?

Not cool...

recchiap

Re: Army in my Pocket

Everyone go check out the resubbed version! I love both of them.

recchiap

Re: Army in my Pocket

Here's the link to the new resubbed version:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13500

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Re: Eagle

More birds! No plane this time though. :D

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
eHalcyon wrote:Have you seen the news report on the Ninja parade, done by The Onion? =P

No, but something tells me it would be hilarious. :-)

kylcom2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kylcom2000

You make this and all you can say is too soon? If you would've said something like "In Memory of..." or something then no it wouldn't be "too soon" Think about it!!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight

This one will work so much better as a shirt. Everyone who voted for the other one PLEASE vote for this one instead, otherwise you'll all be getting shirts that don't print well.

supernova7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supernova7

HAhaha come guys, don't be so sensitive. I'm no terrorist but I know a good shock value shirt when I see it. llo GVM!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Sail Away with Me

AGrant311 wrote:I like this. It's classy. Would def. get one. Reminds me of the old Hobie line of clothing and some of the classic Ocean Pacific. Does that show my age?

narkus wrote:beautifully done!

Thanks Guys! I agree with the O.P. look. It does remind me of some of the old surfer designs you'd see in the late 70s and early 80s. I loved those. But then I also had Dolphin shorts.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10

Here's the new version of Army In My Pocket. Please vote for it if you like the first one!

kylcom2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kylcom2000
supernova7 wrote:HAhaha come guys, don't be so sensitive. I'm no terrorist but I know a good shock value shirt when I see it. llo GVM!

yeah you're right, but even so. It would definatly have to depend on where you live in order to not get your ass kicked for wearing this shirt. I know where I'm at in Texas it wouldn't go very well. But after reading what the creator said it kinda makes sense now. "An amazing amount of frantic motion, emotion, and turmoil immediately rush to mind, all from 3 simple, minimalistic frames. "

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

love it on olive! great work, and the olive is a great color in person. definitely gmv, and would need to buy a couple extras for friends

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

Re: The invertebrate marathon

great details! I love their expressions.

We have a family friend who *loves* slugs, I'd love to be able to give this shirt to her! gmv

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Gravity Discovers Newton

HAHAHAHAH history + physics + cho = AWESOME!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
mia3mom wrote:love it on olive! great work, and the olive is a great color in person. definitely gmv, and would need to buy a couple extras for friends

GMV ;) like the change

mia3mom

Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

I'm not sure I could pull off wearing the mammoth shirt, but I'd wear this a lot. I love water/ocean/beach themes, and the blues are just gorgeous.

It is funny seeing this next to klswoot's sailboat! her boat must've escaped the wave somehow. definitely gmv on this, and I hope it prints. (too much brown in the fog right now!)

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Basement Octopus

Ceiling Cat's evil opposite is Basement Octopus:

VOTE!

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: Rocket Rodeo

You did Slim Pickens proud. Well executed design.

hooliganx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hooliganx

This is so not appropriate.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
mia3mom wrote:...

It is funny seeing this next to klswoot's sailboat! her boat must've escaped the wave somehow. definitely gmv on this, and I hope it prints. (too much brown in the fog right now!)

Have to agree here about the brown in the fog. I won't be buying anymore asphalt or brown shirts for awhile. I have way too many. When I saw the asphalt ban this derby, I was sooooo hoping that it meant a shirt with a brighter color would fog. But, 3 of the 4 are brown. All great designs, but just can't justify adding this color....especially for Spring and Summer. But, there are new wooters everyday, so I'm sure they will all sell well....just not for me.

As for the sailboat next to the colossal wave...doesn't it look like it's sucking the wind out of my sails. Laughed outloud when I saw them side-by-side in the entries.

mia3mom

klswoot wrote:Thanks Mia! Thank you also for your advice on the sails and the water. I've no knowledge about sailing, but I do appreciate their aesthetics when they are on the water. Lake Erie was gorgeous yesterday and served for great inspiration. I can hardly wait until all the sailboats are on the Lake. Probably just a few weeks now that it's starting to warm up a little.

you're welcome! I'm glad all the years spent sailing were useful for something other than a suntan and wind-burn. We sail on the ocean here, no lakes. I'm really impressed at the level of detail on your boat and water if you aren't a sailor. very nice.

I'm looking forward to sailing this summer. Finally the kids are old enough not to end up falling overboard! The girls helped my dad with his boat Friday, so boat time is coming soon!

psoplayer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psoplayer
Re: Weeee

Awesome! So many memories of times gone by...

Schlagwerk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schlagwerk

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'm definitely gonna save this for later. Maybe I'll expand on it a bit, push the wind a little closer to the foreground.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

Too soon? I don't know. Too tasteless? Yes.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:Naah.. I chickened out. It was the faceplanting design... I originally was going to call it Orange Crash (instead of Crush):

hey, that does look good on orange! wow. I'm surprised, but it does work. different feel than the green - the grassy feel of the green makes the face plant look softer to me (despite the tooth).

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: Turtle Rage

And... I have a new favorite shirt in this derby. Awesome work!

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
Re: The Fastest Animals on Earth

funny concept but a number of things bother me about this design:
cheetahs are light yellow/brown, not dark orange/red ... ? their ears are rounded, not pointed, and this one appears to have some kind of ridiculous overbite. overall the cheetah's face is really strange looking.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
mjl9320 wrote:funny concept but a number of things bother me about this design:
cheetahs are light yellow/brown, not dark orange/red ... ? their ears are rounded, not pointed, and this one appears to have some kind of ridiculous overbite. overall the cheetah's face is really strange looking.

err... underbite rather. also around their eyes is always black.

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13462] MINTS, DIET COLA

look like C & C to me... good luck though

mia3mom

Re: Nuclear Frogs

another nice one, SkekTek! Love the mix of science and nature. plus, it's *frogs*! gmv, and my kids would all want one.

(yes, they pronounce it right, I've tried to teach them well)

ViolaineGray

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ViolaineGray
Re: katasplosion

Zomg! ROYAL RAINBOW! :D

---
Turn your scars into stars.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

Looks awesome on the royal instead of the baby blue. Very cool.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Rocketing Robot

This is extremely well done for so many reasons: the colors, the shading of the smoke, the perspective, the outside of the fire... cool!

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
ilstu99 wrote:This picture is awesome. It totally looks like it could be from a movie.

Alas....it says to many, "Come ride my rocket, cowgirl...and bring your spurs."

I'll be honest, the art on it is great, but it said to me pin up girl initially.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Twirl O Whirl

I got motion sickness just making this!!! Enjoy!

supernova7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supernova7
Re: Photo Finish

nice concept! Really like the tshirt drawing in the comp too. Really well done

whitstheatre11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whitstheatre11

i love this and hope it wins....VOTE!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Re: Rocketing Robot

Hey everyone, thanks for your comments. I'm glad you like it. It was a little different to make a robot without feeling like I was mocking the genre of robot shirts, but I liked it. I'll cross my fingers and hope for at least a top 50 finish this time.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1