eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ClayMeow wrote:I agree. Doesn't exactly look like the moon, and if I didn't see the title, I wouldn't know what this was. There's no sense of motion with the cow...it basically looks like a giant cow is sitting on the Earth.

Well a cow jumping that high doesn't happen everyday. Only once in a blue moon.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SkekTek wrote:Better color choices... less purple. Hope this goes over better.

*giggles*, I actually preferred the purple. I think it was more the general single-tone style - i.e. I would like this more if it were all shades of green. Green is great. XP

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

djmills23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djmills23
funkeemonkey wrote:What else is there to say except...VOTE FOR ME!!!!

Quit yer swinin'!

guoziming

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guoziming
Re: Flying Ant

That's not a very recognizable ant... add another pair of legs and a more noticeable thorax and you might be in business...

kirbym9271

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirbym9271
Re: Kamikaze Vertigo

excellent!

Yes, I survived the April Fool's woot-off with "the woot we do not speak of" with no B.O.C to show for it.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: The Great Leap

Hope you guys enjoy this one. Let me know what you think!

VaultDweller13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VaultDweller13
mlander wrote:Rehashed my previous design, changed placement slightly, and changed the color. Take it for what it is

I liked it better in black actually.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
folkkevi wrote:Hope you guys enjoy this one. Let me know what you think!

Very dynamic. Unfortunately Woot tends to reject photos, traced or otherwise. Sorry about that.

folkkevi

sundbe10 wrote:Here's the new version of Army In My Pocket. Please vote for it if you like the first one!

vote for the new version!

folkkevi

daedalusknight wrote:Very dynamic. Unfortunately Woot tends to reject photos, traced or otherwise. Sorry about that.

It is based upon a picture of myself, i have the original if they ask.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

I'm planning on buying this, so it had better win. The logistics of buying it if it doesn't win are too complicated.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
mihalis aya wrote:I'm planning on buying this, so it had better win. The logistics of buying it if it doesn't win are too complicated.

geez this thing just drowned the poor turtle in no time

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Andy47240 wrote:As always, I love all of you stuff Beefcoat.
-Andy

Thanks a ton Andy!!!

daedalusknight

folkkevi wrote:It is based upon a picture of myself, i have the original if they ask.

I don't know that it matters, though. Traced photos don't usually come out well on shirts. Check some of the already rejected entries and you'll see what I mean.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Go Dog Go

Start voting on this now, I have to go to bed, so I'll comment on it tomorrow.

samwaltzjunk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samwaltzjunk
kylcom2000 wrote:yeah you're right, but even so. It would definatly have to depend on where you live in order to not get your ass kicked for wearing this shirt. I know where I'm at in Texas it wouldn't go very well.

Really? What does Texas have to do with New York? I thought the two states couldn't stand each other. It's not like Texas was attacked or anything.

folkkevi

daedalusknight wrote:I don't know that it matters, though. Traced photos don't usually come out well on shirts. Check some of the already rejected entries and you'll see what I mean.

It wasn't traced, just referenced closely, and on the high res file i made sure all the colors were well distributed, large enough dots, and smooth enough, so i don't think it will be too big of an issue.

Krud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krud
2005vette wrote:Nice

would love this shirt!!!

'5' W00Ts so far.
Victory Car Wax | Philips 2.1 Speaker System | Soyo FreeStyler 500 Bluetooth Headset | Random scaffolding: 2008 Calendar Edition | Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card | Sandisk Sansa c250 2GB MP3 Player

'4' Shirt.W00T so far:
Random Shirt x2 ---- Alice Painting Caterpillar --- 1988: The Human Genome Project --- Discovery of Water on the Moon

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: photo finish

It's too close to call!

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Shatterd!

Please vote for "Shattered" - I really can spell, but I can't type worth a darn. I was in such a hurry to enter my design I misspelled the title - duh...

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
guoziming wrote:That's not a very recognizable ant... add another pair of legs and a more noticeable thorax and you might be in business...

It's designed like one of the Antz characters - the animated film by DreamWorks.

b4k4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages b4k4

yay doctor who!

jbedwar1

folkkevi wrote:vote for the new version!

Yeah it's crazy how many are still voting for this one when it's not going to show up well at all. Please go vote for the new one peeps. You will be much happier i assure you.

jbedwar1

covi0022 wrote:Oh yeah, that's just what I need. . . someone looking at my chest and telling me, "Nice knockers."

hhahah

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: Take me out to the ball Game

Nice way of expressing the blur of movement w/o using gradients. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
eHalcyon wrote:*giggles*, I actually preferred the purple. I think it was more the general single-tone style - i.e. I would like this more if it were all shades of green. Green is great. XP

LO=L! Figures. I might have pulled the purple too quick after all. What I need to do is make a style like this, and have people pick their own tones. (thinks about a spreadshirt idea)... hmm....

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

Re: Herding Cats

Thanks for all the great comments everyone -- it's always very encouraging!

@folkkevi -- that phrase a new one on you? It started as "Managing programmers is like herding cats" I think. I'm glad you liked the shirt!

@Neris -- Glad to be of service. I've always thought of it as a pretty crazy deal. It took a while, but I had fun drawing it out. Thanks for the comment.

sunlush30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunlush30
Re: Floppy Ears

Love this shirt. Looks just like my rabbit!

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: Gravity Discovers Newton

I really hope that 2 of Cho's entries place this week.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
samwaltzjunk wrote:Really? What does Texas have to do with New York? I thought the two states couldn't stand each other. It's not like Texas was attacked or anything.

The level of patriotism is exceptionally high in many parts of Texas...as is the sheer volume of people willing to kick your ass. I believe that many people outside of New York City felt "attacked."

daedalusknight

folkkevi wrote:It wasn't traced, just referenced closely, and on the high res file i made sure all the colors were well distributed, large enough dots, and smooth enough, so i don't think it will be too big of an issue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put your design down. I'm just letting you know how Woot has treated photo-like entries as of late. They generally just reject them. Sorry about that.

Also, voters don't seem to go for them either.

shamloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamloo
jm629 wrote:one of the best shirts ive seen! too bad it hasn't made it's way to the fog. please resub if possible!

What would you want in the resub? I could clean up the lines behind the wraith, I think they look a little sloppy in retrospect but other than that I am stumped.

susanzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanzell
Re: Circling the Drain

I agree with the comment to remove the outer circle so it looks like the whole shirt will go down the drain. I also like the size of the design. And the yellow rubber ducky is nice juxtaposition to the dark side of "circling the drain."

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

gmv...just wondering if this is true in a Roomba too?

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: The Occasional Stretch

Out of the fog????? Dang tg.... I'm sorry I have but one vote to give. Of anything near the top, this is the one I want!

Mitamasan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mitamasan
Re: Peregrination - RESUB

The shirt looks awesome, and I love the peregrination concept. Great work!

susanzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanzell
Re: Too Soon?

Too soon? How about never!

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin

congrats!!!

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

gmv...just wondering if this is true in a Roomba too?

macntosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macntosh
jbedwar1 wrote:Yeah it's crazy how many are still voting for this one when it's not going to show up well at all. Please go vote for the new one peeps. You will be much happier i assure you.

But I like the brown better, I have too much green.