Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
folkkevi wrote:The origional version was submitted at the beginning of the derby.. so perhaps not?

Talking like 5 derbies ago or so

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Mitamasan wrote:The shirt looks awesome, and I love the peregrination concept. Great work!

Thanks so much for your support. Glad you like it! :-)

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

tgentry wrote:I'm kind of confused about why everyone is tired of 'so many' Lincoln entries. In the entire history of Shirt.Woot there's been two shirts with Lincoln on it, and only one featured Lincoln by himself. I can count on one hand the amount of times Lincoln was submitted as an entry. Actually if you exclude the text derby where people were submitting Lincoln entries to prove some kind of point, I can't think of any. So why is everyone acting like Lincolns are the new Trees, Penguins, or Pirates? Seems a little misguided to me.

The funny thing is I didn't even pick this statue specifically because it was Lincoln. I was originally going to do the the Statue of Liberty, but since she already had her arm up it would have been harder to make it look like she was yawning.

It's probably because the Lincoln shirt was so recent.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

chippyswans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippyswans

By far my favorite shirt ever. SWEET SHIRT! If this doesn't win for some crazy reason...PM me when it goes on sale somewhere else!

kristynk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristynk
Re: Karma in Motion (resub)

haven't you ever thought about heaving a bowling ball off of a brick building on to an unsuspecting fraternity jock below, only to revel in the delight that his helpless, and promiscuous girlfriend, will now seek comfort in the first person she sees? (hey, maybe that less-than-average looking gamer up at the top of that wall..)

exactly. here's to you.

I most recently rock out in Lust Is Like A Flame, but am almost always seen wearing Jimmy...Is That You?. In addition, I am the proud member of 26 total shirt.woots.

the4bagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the4bagger

I swear, I didn't know that pressing the big red button would lead to this! Look at the bright side, errr, yeah I suppose that there will be a bright side (both literally and figuratively) once it all goes down. Put on some shades and watch it from a distance, and depending on where it lands, the search for Osama Bin Laden just might be over...

The military should really consider placing a "undo" button next to the big red one...

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jbedwar1 wrote:woohooo another turtle. good job fable.

Yay for turtles. =D

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jbedwar1 wrote:Thanks.. the highest finish i've ever had was done with this color scheme. So figured what the hell.

Grass ftw?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

crap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crap
Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

awesome shirt! I guess you cant tuck this shirt in or you will totally miss the little dude running for his life. I know I know who tucks in T-shirts right? :/

Hmm if cho wins all the time, do you ever wonder why he wouldnt just open up his own T-shirt site? But I can see if he wins every week it could be more profitable through shirt.woot

montron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montron
Re: photo finish

suuuuuuuuper cute. i love the expression on his face.

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia

The top bun reminds me of a booty : )

Re: Fast Food

cosswald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosswald
Re: Domino Effect

there are no transparancies

fusiongt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fusiongt

I love the colors, great work!

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen

fwiw, the apple actually landed near Newton—not on him. (not criticising the shirt; just tossing that in)

Luigi8922

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Luigi8922
Re: Moving through time...

I'd wear that on my chest!

chriscoonradt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chriscoonradt
Re: BOOM!!

does this look like steve bushemi to anyone else?

Squeakwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Squeakwoot
Re: Cat Walk ( resubmit )

Just adorable. If either of your designs win, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.

ilipichicuma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilipichicuma
Re: Segway Heist

This shirt is amazing! I hope it does well, because I would totally wear it.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

Neat stuff!

This reminds me of the poor fisherman running from Godzilla. The one that goes fishing at the docks while it's raining, and his buddies just watch as he runs from the exploding pier and godzilla in the water....hehe.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
Re: Ninja awesome move of greatness

Incredibly well drawn! It's nice to see something that's not clip art pasted over and over...

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

arem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arem
dekonstruct wrote:Hopefully the graph looks like motion enough to convey that they are moving and that they are also a graph...

May I suggest changing them from bunnies to people and putting them in slightly more dynamic poses?

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Speeding Past the Limits (Nite Version)

I decided to submit a black shirt version of my design for those who did not care for the creme shirt. (it also allowed me to remove one color from my design, making it only 5 colors instead of the max six) Please enjoy and love it dearly!

arem

dsladek wrote:this is original hand drawn artwork. Im an animator so I had a lot of fun working on this design...and ninjas are totally freakin awsome (you know it). Hope you guys/gals like it!

Nice stretching going on in the middle image, nice staging of the action, too. No doubt you're an animator.

My only crit is the background. You've got really nice curves and straights playing in your character, and I think your background should either compliment it with similar shapes (pagodas or bamboo comes to mind), or just make it solid.

arem

Gorgeous line work. Doesn't need the fisherman or the dock, IMO, he's actually a little distracting.

arem

Re: Bike Race

Wouldn't this pretty much be a copyright violation?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: 20 sided dice

i can't believe you did it. hahaha gmv

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

mvw99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvw99
dirttracker39 wrote:Right, cuz thats how I usually fondle breasts...another good call woot.

Right on!!! And you apparently have no idea where breasts are, since your hand is in the middle of the shirt. No wonder everyone is scared to death of Woot randomly rejecting things.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

It would have been much better with the phone booth in red.

mvw99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvw99
Re: Spring FLing

Why in the world is this rejected??? Dancing with the joy of spring has nothing to do with the topic of motion???

This is a really nice shirt, though the colors are wrong to really set it off.

lutz60400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lutz60400
superd23 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is amazing???

I'm glad you like it. Its my first submission so the picture is a little small, maybe people just can't see it.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

I think you have 7 colors (3 blues in background design, 3 greys for phone booth, and yellow for the windows). But, I dig the design.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
eHalcyon wrote:Version 2? I know something like this was in the Water derby, but I wasn't around then. Can anyone point out the differences that make this a v.2?

Very cool, by the way.

Here's the link to the older shirt. The big difference I see is the contrast between the waves and the shirt color has increased. Part of this is because this shirt is a darker blue, and partly because the lines are whiter. It really is new and improved in my opinion.

cubby96

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cubby96

Great shirt, would probably buy 2. If this doesn't win, would be interested in it in any future derby.

Could be better on baby blue, worth a shot.

Howdy, eh?

wabwab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wabwab

I especially like the lint rollers on his belt.

Asianrage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Asianrage
Re: Turtle Rage

This shirt is having alot more fun than the majority of the competition. Win, dammit!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
wabwab wrote:I especially like the lint rollers on his belt.

Winner!

And he carries only the highest quality yarn for a lasso (and playtime) too!

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass

This is old news... I want a NEW shirt... not this one

codefish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages codefish
Re: Hula Xing

I must add that the actual printed design will turn out sharper than it appears in the "layout" version (the image with the design pictured on a sketch of a t-shirt). For some reason, the resolution must have gotten sampled at a lower dpi when I copied the design onto the template (I didn't notice this until I had already uploaded that image).

The print-ready version, though, is extremely sharp, which will make the actual printed t-shirt much, much sharper than the above template displays.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah

I liked it better on baby blue.

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
arem wrote:Nice stretching going on in the middle image, nice staging of the action, too. No doubt you're an animator.

My only crit is the background. You've got really nice curves and straights playing in your character, and I think your background should either compliment it with similar shapes (pagodas or bamboo comes to mind), or just make it solid.

thanks for the constructive crit! let me just say that as an artist I thank you. I wish there were more people like you who were really interested in commenting on the technical aspects of the art on this site. I had actually originally had the bar solid but it seemed too uninteresting to me. I played around with it a lot but maybe I just made a pour judgement.
Oh well. it doesn't seem like I will get very far in this derby anyway. I keep hoping that the voters will start to vote based on the skill of the design and the execution of the idea. But so far I have been both perplexed and upset with where the votes are going. there are lots of amazing t shirt designs on this site but they never seem to win the derbies. its a darn shame. and if it continues a lot of the well thought out art work is going to die off (considering that it takes a lot of time and effort to make a good design and idea) and no effort to plop a piece of carp on a shirt. I thought I might try to be original but at this point I am about to throw in the towel and just start drawing cute poorly drafted anthropomorphic animals because thats the only thing that anyone freak'n likes. or maybe I should just change my name to james cho

ANyway my rant can now be added to the countless other unheard rants that change absolutely nothing and makes me sound like an angsty jerk. but I'm not, I'm just passionate about art :/