Babylonian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Babylonian

I'm not totally sure you're allowed to depict Cylon Raiders from Battlestar Galactica on a shirt. Especially if, as it looks in this case, you didn't draw them yourself.

Babylonian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Babylonian

This is the most beautiful eyesore I've ever seen. I'm in love with this design.

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

I'd really like to frame this. Does Woot print larger on a 2x or is the print size the same regardless off the tee size?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Kesrael wrote:I LOVE this shirt!

Thanks. its one of my favorites.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

daedalusknight wrote:I realize that this was a filter, but now I'm hungry for pancakes all of a sudden. :-)

I had an intense urge to make pancakes for dinner last night. Strange.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

metanoia29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metanoia29
eyeslikesugar wrote:I live with him... trust me, he was working on this LAST NIGHT from 6pm to about 3am when we both went to bed. =)

It took him 9 hours to make this? snortz!!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

folkkevi wrote:It is based upon a picture of myself, i have the original if they ask.

If it's yours and you have the rights you should post it here as proof. That tends to help your case. Whenever I used a photo of mine (or my boyfriend's) I tattle on it and link to the image, saying it's mine. That also helps.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

NCSUCasey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NCSUCasey
Re: Weeee

Very nice, so simple yet so cool. Got my vote.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Electrical Synapse

This design puzzles me. First, I am not sure that it is really showing electrical or neurological movement. It reminds me of a human shaped Van de Graaf generator. Second, is that an eye in the guy's crotch?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

bluchez wrote:I think you have 7 colors (3 blues in background design, 3 greys for phone booth, and yellow for the windows). But, I dig the design.

Dark phone booth color is probably the shirt color.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

wildwolf11 wrote:How do I do that? I can't find a "remove" button anywhere, and I only have 3 hours left!

Sorry I wasn't around to answer this. In the future look for the red X in the upper right hand corner (see image below). It's only there for 24 hours. After that you can tattle on yourself and request that they reject/remove it because you didn't get to it in time. They're usually pretty nice about doing that for ya.

abrowncoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrowncoat
Re: Rocket Rodeo

I wish I could vote multiple times. I'd rather see this in the fog than something that looks like a resub from the water theme.

talbotini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talbotini
Re: Too Soon?

Shock Value? Anyone using the deaths of 3000 innocent people just to get a kick out of it is seriously disturbed. This will never be appropriate.

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl

...Once my flower grew i want this D= I love how you did the water <333

220Maxima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 220Maxima

sweet shirt, id wear it

Re: Skater

elfinator27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfinator27
Re: Ninja awesome move of greatness

love it! hope it wins!

220Maxima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 220Maxima
Re: Too Soon?

Very inappropriate to sport a shirt that signifies not only the death of three thousand Americans but the development of an utter hate of a specific religion and culture.

stique

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stique
Re: Rocket Rodeo

Lucky rocket...

GMV

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
abrowncoat wrote:I wish I could vote multiple times. I'd rather see this in the fog than something that looks like a resub from the water theme.

... Yup, I'm losing to a re-sub. I'm about ready to give up submitting all together. oh well, I have a few drawings I really like out of it. Thanks for your vote.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
suzyottomatic wrote:I'd really like to frame this. Does Woot print larger on a 2x or is the print size the same regardless off the tee size?

The women's sizes and men's small are one screen size, and the rest of the men's a different size. If you're thinking of cutting it up and framing it, I would reccomend getting the largest size possible so you can have the most extra space to adjust centering the print. Personally, I find the men's xl to be a very good size to make a pillowcase from--my mother, genius of the internet, ordered herself a men's xl of Full of Ink instead of the wxl she was after, so we have an extra one that is pinned and ready to become my very own t-shirt custom pillowcase of awesomeness.

James, I can't say how happy I am to see this fogged. It's the first woot shirt in a while I've wanted to buy, and the quality is gorgeous as always.

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
dsladek wrote:thanks for the constructive crit! let me just say that as an artist I thank you. I wish there were more people like you who were really interested in commenting on the technical aspects of the art on this site. I had actually originally had the bar solid but it seemed too uninteresting to me. I played around with it a lot but maybe I just made a pour judgement.
Oh well. it doesn't seem like I will get very far in this derby anyway. I keep hoping that the voters will start to vote based on the skill of the design and the execution of the idea. But so far I have been both perplexed and upset with where the votes are going. there are lots of amazing t shirt designs on this site but they never seem to win the derbies. its a darn shame. and if it continues a lot of the well thought out art work is going to die off (considering that it takes a lot of time and effort to make a good design and idea) and no effort to plop a piece of carp on a shirt. I thought I might try to be original but at this point I am about to throw in the towel and just start drawing cute poorly drafted anthropomorphic animals because thats the only thing that anyone freak'n likes. or maybe I should just change my name to james cho

ANyway my rant can now be added to the countless other unheard rants that change absolutely nothing and makes me sound like an angsty jerk. but I'm not, I'm just passionate about art :/

Hey, I've heard they are changing the sites name to www.shirt.jamescho.woot.com. Dont worry, there is no winning against the fan club (3 designs above yours, mine, and soon tgentry's is enough proof for me)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Sachmoe64 wrote:... Yup, I'm losing to a re-sub. I'm about ready to give up submitting all together. oh well, I have a few drawings I really like out of it. Thanks for your vote.

Actually, you're losing to a lot of shirts. It's currently in 14th place; there are plenty of other shirts above it. If I were you I'd be more upset about the ones that won't print properly and will ultimately bomb if they go up for sale.

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman

I must have this! This is Zenne x50, but with a serious twist. I voted and all we can do now is wait...
(I love Zenne's Lady Out Of Water-- It's my favorite shirt that I own.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
artulo wrote:Thanks! I've had it in my head since I started this last night

I'm here to help. Listen as much as you'd like.

VOTE!

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Stand back, we're using SCIENCE!

Zenne, this is my absolute favorite shirt in this derby. I really hope you get into the fog with this, I will buy. If not, please remind me when the 60 days are up and produce this somewhere...

VOTE!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Babylonian wrote:I don't understand this. The fire gets smaller as it gets closer to the back of the robot, indicating that he should be flying away from us, but his hand is covering a bigger part of the flame trail and he's facing towards us. The perspective on this just seems really wonky and confusing.

The robot launched from close, flew away and then circled back. The robot's hand overlaps only a portion of the trail - a part that is farther away than the robot. The robot is very large and long, so its feet are much farther away than its hand. At least that was my intent.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
Re: Evolution Of Rock

Good job! Looks great. I can't believe it's not doing better.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
msj11 wrote:It is very easy to see the Dr. Strangelove is the inspiration for this one - great job on the art work! It is NOT overtly sexual in my opinion, but it is visually appealing. Now if the "cowgirl" were wearing something more revealing...

I had to Google "Dr. Strangelove" to see what everyone kept talking about. Maybe I'm the only one who's never seen it.

I really do love the art, but I honestly can't see wearing it. Something about having a cowgirl on a rocket flying out from between my breasts seems....odd.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
metanoia29 wrote:It took him 9 hours to make this? snortz!!

Bold words for someone who makes anime music videos. snortz!! =) (you should Google your username sometime; it brings up some..........interesting results. L OL!!)
Let's see your design this week.. =p

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
sundbe10 wrote:Hey everyone, I read your comments about how the pocket and other features of my design would not show up on a brown shirt, so I resubmitted my design with different colors.

Please vote for this one so it can catch up to my first version, once it does I'll remove my first version from the competition.

I hope you enjoy Army In My Pocket Version 2!

Awesome job!! Hope to be wearing it in a few weeks.

frantix

Re: Photo Finish

Love the design but hate that shirt color... works well with the turtle but dunno... not so much with the rabbit.

recchiap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
Re: The Great Leap

Whether or not it goes through, I think it's a kick ass image.

arem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arem
dsladek wrote:thanks for the constructive crit! let me just say that as an artist I thank you. I wish there were more people like you who were really interested in commenting on the technical aspects of the art on this site. I had actually originally had the bar solid but it seemed too uninteresting to me. I played around with it a lot but maybe I just made a pour judgement.
Oh well. it doesn't seem like I will get very far in this derby anyway. I keep hoping that the voters will start to vote based on the skill of the design and the execution of the idea. But so far I have been both perplexed and upset with where the votes are going. there are lots of amazing t shirt designs on this site but they never seem to win the derbies. its a darn shame. and if it continues a lot of the well thought out art work is going to die off (considering that it takes a lot of time and effort to make a good design and idea) and no effort to plop a piece of carp on a shirt. I thought I might try to be original but at this point I am about to throw in the towel and just start drawing cute poorly drafted anthropomorphic animals because thats the only thing that anyone freak'n likes. or maybe I should just change my name to james cho

ANyway my rant can now be added to the countless other unheard rants that change absolutely nothing and makes me sound like an angsty jerk. but I'm not, I'm just passionate about art :/

I'm an animator, too, which is why I have so much respect for work like yours. About the background: It's not that you made a poor judgment. I think it's one of those things that happens to artists when they're so involved with the artwork that they need a fresh set of eyes to look at because the artist knows there's something s/he doesn't like about it but can't be sure what.

I urge you not to give up! Yes, people voting for cute/crappy happens everywhere (Threadless especially), but once in a while good art gets recognized and voted for. You have a lot of votes right now, including mine.

I'm not here to trash James Cho, but one thing he's got going for him is name recognition. Is he skilled? Yes. Is all of his work excellent? No. Keep doing the work you love and the rest will follow.

frantix

mvw99 wrote:Why in the world is this rejected??? Dancing with the joy of spring has nothing to do with the topic of motion???

This is a really nice shirt, though the colors are wrong to really set it off.

Completely agree... This shouldn't be rejected if it's only based on motion... tree's moving, people dancing?

frantix

fillengroovy wrote:Wax on, Wax off.

Nice design.... much better than 3/4 of them but I guess deemed to not be woot worthy and I laugh at some that are still here... not publicly but privately and wonder Weetabix? TALLY-HO! woot...

wreckoning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wreckoning

I want to know why this isn't doing better. I love this one, and it's on green, and I have no other green shirts. I think this is better than the waves one, yet the waves one still made it to the top faster. Always my luck.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Go Dog Go

Vote Go Dog Go - everyone needs a smile, and a nice yellow T-shirt for balmy summer days.

As an owner of three dachshunds, I know nothing stops them from doing whatever they please, even their short little legs. They just move them 10 times faster than the big dogs.

Atheomerase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atheomerase
Re: Turtle Rage

Sweet design!

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
superspryte wrote:You realize the sloth isn't completely accurate either...right? Also, I thought the point of cartooning was to distort features. ^_~

yeah sure, but when you're drawing a cartoon animal, it should at least have the distinct features of that animal so that people recognize it as such. That's why I didn't mention the sloth- it's well done and has a great expression. In this case all you really need are the spots, but like I said, the face just doesn't look right at all.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Shatterd!

Shattered! Uh oh, who hasn't done this in their mis-spent youth?

Oh, never mind...I forgot, everyone plays Baseball , the video game.