nontypicalmale

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nontypicalmale
ilstu99 wrote:You have to make at least one woot purchase before you get the voting rights bestowed upon you.

aha! well, what if i want to buy the one that I can't vote for? then it wont make it because I didn't vote, and I wont buy it! just playing. but thanks

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: Blinded

Alright, giving this one another go....this was first submitted in the Greed derby.

My design depicts Icarus falling from the sky as his wings melted from approaching the sun too closely.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
SamoaJane wrote:Are you still going after Cho?!? I just don't get it. And who are you to ask where other people are. Where are YOU? Out spending our rent money on internet cafes so you can post this nonsense!!!! Instead, you need to come home and mow the yard! And maybe spend some time with your children.

this is hilarious.

punkfiveo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkfiveo
Re: Turtle Rage

i love your illustation style.

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek

thanks for all the encouragement everyone, and your comments! they are much appreciated.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
nontypicalmale wrote:aha! well, what if i want to buy the one that I can't vote for? then it wont make it because I didn't vote, and I wont buy it! just playing. but thanks

It keeps out some of the riff raff.....riff raff. Heh.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Game Over

shan, this is one of the few large, whole-shirt designs I could actually see myself wearing. It feels like there are far more than 6 colors, and there's plenty of blank space, too.

Love it, and not just because of the memories of time spent at the arcade. Hi, I'm the girl who went along with the guys to the arcades as "just one of the guys" ...

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Babylonian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Babylonian

This is the only rejection I've ever taken issue with. Seriously, what's offensive about this?

br3ds0x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br3ds0x
ejseader wrote:Wasn't this used for the Greed theme week? :-)

No idea. I wasn't around for that one.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: Perpetual Emotion

I have no idea how this has stayed in the fog since the derby opened and tgentry's has gotten knocked out. IMO the other shirt that's similar to this one is much better drawn, and yet this is still in the fog? And it's on baby blue, yuck.

xtianF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtianF

My hamster , beckons .. allow him to trample your pillowy white thighs

chippyswans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippyswans
CAMMS wrote:Hey, me too! I LOVE this shirt and hope you have a chance to re enter it or Woot decides to use it as a daily. Every time I come in to check on its progress, I am more disappointed.

Me too...this shirt is the only reason I'm logging in this wootoff and checking up on things. I think wooters are delusional this time 'round.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
TEG522 wrote:What was the derby called?

I think it was probably this entry in the Tromp L'Oeil derby

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Sachmoe64 wrote:yes Im losing to a lot, thank you, but thats not what bothers me. It's losing to someone's recycled design that hadnt won its first posting thats a little annoying.

You should still be more annoyed with the ones that won't print properly. Then nobody's happy.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Go Dog Go

having three greyhounds, i love this!

hworksinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hworksinc
Re: Moving at the Speed of Light

IIf Einstein could've lassoed a photon, it would've been way easier than doing all that math.

brandorf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brandorf
Re: March on ...

DO WANT

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
sundbe10 wrote:Hey everyone, I read your comments about how the pocket and other features of my design would not show up on a brown shirt, so I resubmitted my design with different colors.

Please vote for this one so it can catch up to my first version, once it does I'll remove my first version from the competition.

I hope you enjoy Army In My Pocket Version 2!

I'm glad you changed the color, too. I hope it makes it to the fog because others were right about the colors probably not showing up. After getting my Nevermore shirt and was p issed that it was hard to make out, it looks like a big funky stain on the shirt. This one GMV definitely, my son is totally lovin' this shirt. Good luck!

mxmvlcty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxmvlcty

re: Don Quixote Rides on...

LOVE IT!! everyone vote plz.

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
Re: Hula Xing

Hey I have these signs on my campus!! Ha ha! Nice.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Army in my Pocket Version 2

If both versions of this end up in the fog and both end up as a top three design, will Woot print both of them? That would seem... not right to have a Derby with two exact same designs, just on two different colors.

underblueskies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages underblueskies
Re: No Turning Back Now

I love it! I went skydiving once and it was awesome. I'd buy this.

cenerslaveshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cenerslaveshop
snarkygal wrote:blah blah blah you say the same stuff every week. You ARE a Cho hater and there is no getting around it. At midnight every night, there is a HUGE amount of people visiting Woot. That is when the vote totals go up by a great deal. Cho, nor any other designer, has this vast voting block you think he has.

Deal with it

I think some people might vote on the basis of the designer, I would think most (just my humble opinion, of course) vote on basis of design. They could make the submissions anonymous to cool the "Cho haters" out there, but some artists/designers have a certain style, so it may not be feasible. Maybe there would be less bitching about "who stole what, or this designer gets more votes". Just a thought, though.

underblueskies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages underblueskies
Re: Wave that Lighter

Too bad everyone uses their cell phones instead of a lighters these days. Gives stadiums a nice blue glow. Anyway, I like the design.

gvw47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gvw47
CAMMS wrote:Hey, me too! I LOVE this shirt and hope you have a chance to re enter it or Woot decides to use it as a daily. Every time I come in to check on its progress, I am more disappointed.

Me as well...tg, your designs are creative and well done. I thought it would stay in the fog. Maybe if you were CHOgentry? My sadness.

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007

Their faces have so much expression! Good job and great design! (and I like the color too.)

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

Re: Herding Cats

@HerdingCats: I guess this one's for you then. We just need a few hundered of your closest friends to log in and vote....

@ExplodingGreenLlama: I'm glad you like this shirt, because it could be a while before anyone gets around to illustrating your user name. heh. ;)

Thanks for the comments!

winelocked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winelocked

I completely agree.. If anything it was rejected due to not being PG13.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
dea007 wrote:Their faces have so much expression! Good job and great design! (and I like the color too.)

Thanks getting a little nervous since it hasn't been in the "hotness" for a while. Such is shirt.woot!

kwild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwild

I LOVE that shirt, I would definately wear that! Great design!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Army in my Pocket

Since V2 is now in 5th place, this may go away soon.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
Re: Army in my Pocket Version 2

How do you remove a design from the competition? I've never had to do it and I cannot figure out how.

GlenX10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlenX10

quite the vicious cycle indeed, thanks for attempting to vote though, and thanks to everyone for the comments , this was just a simple sharpie sketch i did as i was coming up with ideas and decided i liked this one just the way it was so here it is.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
sundbe10 wrote:How do you remove a design from the competition? I've never had to do it and I cannot figure out how.

The notes I've seen from Spryte say that since the design is more than 24 hours old, click on the Tattle button and explain what you want done. This apparently has been done in the past, with little to no repercussions. You could also PM joelterrific as insurance.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
mjc613 wrote:I hope you don't mind my use of your signature.

heck no. feel free to join me in pimping for edgar votes.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia

Ugh, I have too many baby blue shirts and I don't want one anymore! But frankly, baby blue does suit the design. Just too bad I won't buy it simply because if I keep wearing bb shirts, friends would think I'm weird. -_-;; GMV!

superspiderman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superspiderman
Re: Super Llama

Wow this is really good. Do some more!

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia

This is a cute shirt, but I can't see myself wearing it. But, GMV! Good luck!

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia
Re: A Little Dazed

This instantly reminded me of Pokemon #327 Spinda.

http://pokemon-safari.com/sitio/gallery/ken_sugimori/327.png

FearTheGorgon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FearTheGorgon

Good to see bad MSPaint drawings still have a chance in the derby. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this.