dsgnGrl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl

I had to vote for the super turtle. I would totally wear that.

Good luck on the new family member!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: FLAMING ORIOLE CAN MOOOOVE



"Rejected because: Too similar to prior Woot shirt. http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=3743"

Tough break. If only you'd submit this as a daily and been told it was too similar, you could have avoided the heartbreak of being rejected in the derby.

ashley87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashley87
jbedwar1 wrote:I like the cloud's expression, but i think the raindrops would work better if they had more of an angry expression than a scared one. And maybe some scars or something to make them look like soldiers (not that raindrops could have scars). I think that would be cool.



But they're scared because they're going to splatter on the hard ground after a gigantic fall. I would certainly be scared, heh.

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Make a Splash



Hmm...I really doubt Woot would be able to print this...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Make a Splash




Hi there, fellow designer.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your shirt is going to be rejected by Woot. Here are the problems I see with it:

--Woot won't be able to print gradients or halftones. This is especially true of photo shirts.

--Woot can't print shirts with more than six ink colors

--Your image appears to be larger than the printable area of the shirt.


There's still time to submit a different shirt. Please click the red "X" above your entry to delete it. Design a new shirt and submit that one instead. That way you can avoid rejection and still be in the contest. Good luck to you!

Figit090


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
Re: Weeeeeeeeee!



Hahaha! Love it! cute bot!

kristynk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristynk
Re: Weeeeeeeeee!



looks like Bender with a head transplant..I don't think it'll last..

I most recently rock out in Lust Is Like A Flame, but am almost always seen wearing Jimmy...Is That You?. In addition, I am the proud member of 26 total shirt.woots.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
kristynk wrote:looks like Bender with a head transplant..I don't think it'll last..



that shouldn't be an issue... it's a distinct robot, to me. I'd be more worried about it being outside their print area.

Figit090


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
gargrazz wrote:The design is placed as high as possible on the shirt. The fingers are well above the region where I would have been going for a lewd sight gag. I'm just going for the cheap Three Stooges laugh, not a juvenile boobie-shirt.



I think you placed it well. if it was at any other angle it wouldn't make sense. I holy my head relatively level most of the time, so why poke at my eyes at an angle?

this made me laugh, great job!

Figit090


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
Re: Stoplight Go



Not trying to be mean - but you used a gradient, and woot will almost certainly disqualify this shirt because of that. They dont print gradients. Maybe resub with a solid green?

Figit090


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
AdderXYU wrote:that shouldn't be an issue... it's a distinct robot, to me. I'd be more worried about it being outside their print area.




I agree it shouldn't be an issue, bender has several distinctions that are WAY different than this, not to mention the head.

I also agree on the print area, its a minor detail, but being this early in getting votes i would consider re-sizing and re-submitting before you loose your chance to get votes on the resub. I'm not really sure about the print area though so i dont know how close you are to it.

Figit090


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
Figit090 wrote:I agree it shouldn't be an issue, bender has several distinctions that are WAY different than this, not to mention the head.

I also agree on the print area, its a minor detail, but being this early in getting votes i would consider re-sizing and re-submitting before you loose your chance to get votes on the resub. I'm not really sure about the print area though so i dont know how close you are to it.



I take that back! another shirt just got rejected for the printable area, and two of the most recent rejects are just next to yours, looks like you're ok!

namgorf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages namgorf

The image is within the print area, and I really love the cheesy 1950s style can-bots!

A side note, I used too many colors, resubmitted it with color fix and a slight change to the free highlights.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13584

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Figit090 wrote:I agree it shouldn't be an issue, bender has several distinctions that are WAY different than this, not to mention the head.

I also agree on the print area, its a minor detail, but being this early in getting votes i would consider re-sizing and re-submitting before you loose your chance to get votes on the resub. I'm not really sure about the print area though so i dont know how close you are to it.



The print area is 16"x20" AND no closer than 1" to any seam.

Figit090


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
Re: Weeeeeeeeee again!



heh, that was fast. GMV, again!

namgorf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages namgorf

so please, revote for me.

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Weeeeeeeeee again!



hey, another swing entry! cute robot.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Weeeeeeeeee again!




Please remove the other entry by clicking the red "X" above it. Thanks. :-)

aerodino


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
AdderXYU wrote:Sheep are too placid to go with negative critiques. Though perhaps lemmings would make more sense.

and seriously, I don't understand how Edgar gets pulled into this. I've never seen him finish in the fog, and normally even when he starts in it, he finds he's plummeted out of the top 10 by derby close. No one votes for people based just on the name. If they did, there would be some place where those names hung out and begged for votes among their friends. The reason certain people have consistent placements is because they have skill and style. You can see it as their name, but the fact is, if a designer fogs every week, and every week the shirt that fogs is wearable, artful, and thoughtful, that's because the designer does good work, not because the designer has a popular name. If people seek out edgar, it is because they love his past work and know that his style is such that they'll likely enjoy the new work as well. If you love Van Gogh's work, you're more apt to buy a book of his paintings, and if you like Edgar or Cho or Gentry, you're more apt to look at their work. Because it's good, and consistently so. That's the only advantage a name has... it shows you who does the work that doesn't suck.



This is all very humorous to me. I started doing Woot T-shirts about a month ago on a whim, mostly to force myself to learn how to use layering and figure out all the options of Photoshop Elements. I am a fine artist and photographer, but have never felt a real need to use Photoshop in my work.

One of the first things I noticed about the voting was the sheep mentality. Once a design becomes somewhat popular everyone jumps on the band wagon, or into the sheep herd. I would love to see a contest with absolutely anonymous postings of designs. Woot would have to repost everything sans names. I wonder if more people would have a chance to be in the fog then.

I am going to keep at it because it is a great learning experience for me, and it is an interesting social study; is it all gamers and computer geeks here, or will other genres come forth? I also love looking at the creative ideas displayed here under such a quick deadline for design.

My novice techniques and past generation designs will never go over big here, but I love getting a few votes here and there along with the satisfaction of completing a design while learning the process.

Woot Woot!

rres


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
ilstu99 wrote:Yes....you cut some of it off. Nice skills.



Cut off, resized, reshaped, trimmed and recolored edges....

thanks for noticing.

like i said, I could used it in it's entirety...but I did put the time in

so I am right and you are wrong.

aerodino


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Shatterd!



Yey - I'm in the 20s, whoops, that's counting my own vote.
I did the greyhound/dachshund shirt which took about a third of the time as this one. Throw a few more votes this way - I like to race my designs against each other, since they will never win, place, or show.

6walnuts


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 6walnuts
Re: The Great Toast Thrill Ride



clever idea. Too bad they had a Mr Toast shirt last week. Yours is fun.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
rres wrote:so I am right and you are wrong.



Let us never say designers don't have eloquent debating skills.

danielm


quality posts: 2 Private Messages danielm
Re: Hourglass


The Lifesucker......

lifesource


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesource
Re: Perpetual Emotion



i like the design, but I am not a big fan of the color. IMO, It would be much better if you change the color- let's say- to bright yellow (for the design) on olive shirt.

ilstu99


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
rres wrote:Cut off, resized, reshaped, trimmed and recolored edges....

thanks for noticing.

like i said, I could used it in it's entirety...but I did put the time in

so I am right and you are wrong.



It's still someone else's art.

codefish


quality posts: 3 Private Messages codefish
Re: Don Quixote rides on



This is most excellent.

Beutiful work.

namgorf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages namgorf
daedalusknight wrote:Please remove the other entry by clicking the red "X" above it. Thanks. :-)



*giggles*, thanks. I'm new to submitting.

kpetrasko


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpetrasko
Re: Treacherous Waters v.2



This is really dynamic, I love it!

kpetrasko


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpetrasko
Re: The Fastest Animals on Earth



The expression on the sloth is so great :D

cwilco01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01

Sloths are awesome. Someday they will take over the world and wear designer shoes and I'll be firends with them and live in their slothy mossy maggot filled backs and ride them (slowly) threw the forest.

namgorf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages namgorf
cheapojoe wrote:True, Motion = Wii Remote. But I can't see Nintendo allowing the third party sale of t-shirts with their patented technology on them. Even though I'd like one, I'm expecting a rejection. Still, props on the design.



The classic controller for the NES has been reproduced in design quite a bit, and I consider it to be an icon.

While the same isnt quite true yet for the wiimote, it is a departure in normal design, and it is much loved. I like it.

trippregan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages trippregan


Thanks for the votes, all...

______________________________________________

Master the Cap•A•Cooz and you've mastered life

sokowa


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
lifesource wrote:i like the design, but I am not a big fan of the color. IMO, It would be much better if you change the color- let's say- to bright yellow (for the design) on olive shirt.



I'll certainly keep those color combinations in mind for the next design, thanks! I'm going to ride this one out as is. I've got an interesting mix of like/dislike for this shirt and the color. I never knew how some people felt about baby blue. It's an awesome color! ;)

cwilco01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01

Horray fer the lil chin chins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at em go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seattlejo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
jbedwar1 wrote:I think his days are numbered. He's just here for the ride now. He'll be happy to stay in top 10 finish at this point. But that could certainly change as well.



Wishful thinking! Of the top ten, I only want one thats in the fog, and then want all but but two of the bottom six. *pouts*

syntheticmessiah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages syntheticmessiah

I like the concept and art..but what I do not like is how the blue area squiggles down and the silhouettes shrink progressively with it...My brain wants to see silhouettes of differing sizes; eventually when you get down to the 'tail' of the squiggle thered be so many silhouettes that its just black...sort of blending. If you get what I mean.

ilstu99


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Fish Out of Water



I can't explain why I love this shirt. I just do. It's one of the only ones I have seen in this derby that I would actually wear. I wish it was getting more votes!

rres


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
ilstu99 wrote:It's still someone else's art.



for someone who has been around since 2005, you surprisingly do not get it.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
rres wrote:for someone who has been around since 2005, you surprisingly do not get it.



That complaint certainly is old drama

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009