SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Spring Means Face Planting

So, do people like this better, or the orange one? Voting aside...

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
sokowa wrote:HA, like the name Mr. Hellmuth ;)
I was surprised when I suddenly started giggling too. Tricksy woot filters.
I just say "HA" instead

ooookay, thought for some reason you were using PHIL hellmuth's name. . . he's an uber poker player dude. I'll stop being creepy now

whydub10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whydub10

Not just for 5:00 Somewhere!.....
Margarita's....anytime. Nice Entry.

sokowa

Re: Old Skool

Ha, surprised no one thought of this sooner. Great idea for motion. Could use a little more polish though :P

jaf28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaf28
Re: Rocketing Robot

This is probaby the best robots out of all the robots that people have made. I hope it at least gets top fifty like you want b/c it's a great drawing, with nice shading and looks really good on a shirt. I'd want one!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Gravity Discovers Newton

Pop into the fog! Is it funny that you knocked out your own entry? This shirt really has good coloring...I'd be tempted if it goes up for sale.

artulo

Re: Perpetual Emotion

Aah! It's a fight for 3rd place...I never expected this to pop out at 482 votes right after the mammoth one did at 470 something!

moviemylars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moviemylars
Re: I Could Do This All Day

Nice concept

xXFloridaXx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xXFloridaXx
Re: Evolution Of Rock

yah this shirt rocks im in a band im totally buying one but the guitar should b smashed at the end but other than that ......sweet

artulo

austin1031 wrote:Hmmm... I would buy it, but the creme color from the other derby was more subtle and... better. Still, this is awesome, and I wish I could draw as well as you can.

Thanks so much for your vote and compliment! Only 40 or so votes between this and third place so there's still hope!!

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
artulo wrote:Pop into the fog! Is it funny that you knocked out your own entry? This shirt really has good coloring...I'd be tempted if it goes up for sale.

I like this one better anyways.

Well there is always next year....

dlcramer99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcramer99
iRow wrote:Maybe everyone else's toast lands butter side down. Not mine.

As an inventor, I will admit that not every invention works, but I can't let that stop me from trying.

SamoaJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamoaJoe
AdderXYU wrote:I am extremely real, and you are extremely jaded for such a young wooter.

What logic is there that cho, who so often does good work and so often wins with it, to swipe a design? None. If there was a bigger pattern, it would be something to question, but it isn't. That's what reputation means. Much as you're now going to be tagged as a bitter cho-hater (among other more appropriate and more probationatory things). Reputation counts for a lot in making calls about swiping a design... unless a pattern develops or it's blatant copying, the only person who wouldn't give cho the benefit of the doubt is someone who has a vendetta against him as a person or artist.

Personally, there is so much idiotic bitterness for the guy that I'd like nothing more for him to sweep this week. Or every week. Anyone can beat cho any week. They just need to bring an idea that will capture woot more than his will. All your castigating pelicans does is make you look like an arse. Which is fair, because you probably are.

Calling him an "arse" was not necessary. You've been reported, here's to hoping you're on probation again soon.

VOTE FOR DEREK !!!

Nightmare on Wall Street

mlander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlander

this is one of those shirts I'd imagine you would get punched in the arm for wearing.

SamoaJane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamoaJane
SamoaJoe wrote:Calling him an "arse" was not necessary. You've been reported, here's to hoping you're on probation again soon.

Joe, instead wishing bad things on people, I need your help today. We need to get the kids winter clothes stored in the landlord's attic, so we there's room to walk in the apartment again. And you promised you'd help Little Joe with his scout project. So say good by to your friends and come home.

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

Amazing design! I'm hoping there's a derby soon where they WILL allow it. Woulda had my vote.

trippregan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trippregan
PeterHellmuth wrote:he's kind of small

That was the point...

The idea was that you see this interesting/semi-abstract trail, even from afar, and need to get a little closer to see what it is that's making it. Originally, I was leaning toward something even smaller, but ended up wanting something a little unexpected, hence the penguin.

I tend to lean toward creating the kind of shirt I'd wear in these contest, and honestly, that's about as big an animal/monster that I'd be willing to put up with on my t-shirt...

I know it doesn't always do me any favors in the Derby, but I do them as much to get a little creative outlet from work, etc as to win. Everyone knows the typical looks and styles that tend to do well in the Derby and I honestly think I could submit more "Derby-ish" designs, but I rarely have more than 45mins-hour to work on these and I often don't know what they'll be until I start!

Basically, that is a very long-winded way of saying that the penguin is a nod to the
typical Derby fare, while the shirt's focus is meant to be elsewhere.

Sorry for the super-long response, but thanks for the feedback! Regardless of placement in the ranks, I love the feedback from folks... it's like being back in critiques in school and you get shown things that you totally missed yourself!

Master the Cap•A•Cooz and you've mastered life

binarygeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binarygeek
Re: Starcraft a la Creme

Darn I wish this shirt was higher up. I would so buy this. Not only am I a huge fan of starcraft, but I love this specific drawing and placement of the wraith.

skiboyjake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiboyjake
Re: city in motion

no gradients used, i promise!

binarygeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binarygeek
shamloo wrote:What would you want in the resub? I could clean up the lines behind the wraith, I think they look a little sloppy in retrospect but other than that I am stumped.

I think the lines behind it are fine... makes it look very artistic (which is really what starcraft is, an art :-P ). The problem is that there are not enough SC fans on woot. >:-[

talbotini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talbotini
Re: Jetstream

Just for the record, this was the first shirt in this weeks derby featuring Jets of any kind, and most certainly F-35s. All the others are copies...

sokowa

artulo wrote:Aah! It's a fight for 3rd place...I never expected this to pop out at 482 votes right after the mammoth one did at 470 something!

AHHHHHHH!

KarenClark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarenClark
mjl9320 wrote:yeah sure, but when you're drawing a cartoon animal, it should at least have the distinct features of that animal so that people recognize it as such.

Looks like you knew it was a cheetah.

Also, I WANT THIS SHIRT. I'm going to be so sad if it doesn't make the fog -- this is worth staying up till midnight for. Want.

pplug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pplug
Re: Stand back, we're using SCIENCE!

I want this shirt BAADDD!

PeterHellmuth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PeterHellmuth

bleh... can't stand this shirt, partly because i can't stand the idea that newton "discovered" gravity when an apple hit him on the head... and partly because no one will notice the apple unless they squint.

PeterHellmuth

sokowa wrote:ooookay, thought for some reason you were using PHIL hellmuth's name. . . he's an uber poker player dude. I'll stop being creepy now

HA, yeah, occaisionally my family gets asked if we are related to him.. as far as i know, we aren't. (though i do play a mean hand of texas hold 'em).

Breize

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Breize
Re: Taking Flight

I love this design. Love it, but I just can't spend the money on a white shirt I will never wear. Perhaps if the bird/airplane was shades of white and the shirt was black...

scuzzmaster11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scuzzmaster11

funny, i like it in a way, but i find myself with the gut feeling of wanting to STOP motion . . . . ha, ha. crumpled hood is a nice touch.

BrIanPir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrIanPir

Another green on green tree shirt. Oh boy.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
BrIanPir wrote:Another green on green tree shirt. Oh boy.

When was the last one? I happened to check andit was Tgent with "Watch it Grow"
That was the last time we had a green shirt with a tree on it. And if you look at derby shirt we hardly ever get this color green for shirts. there was one a couple weeks ago for the text derby and before that it was Tgent.

Well there is always next year....

PeterHellmuth

Re: The First Cow Tipper

This shirt isn't clear enough without the title "The First Cow Tipper". It's a funny idea, but not very well executed.

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
Re: Army in my Pocket Version 2

I'm hoping this remains in the fog, but I just can't vote for it. I wouldn't wear a shirt where it looks like things are climbing out of my chest.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Before this was on the fog, the only negative comment had to do with where the apple actually fell. Once it was in the fog, then most of the comments are negative. Let's speculate on why that is.

jimfrog67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimfrog67
Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

Just curious: what is the rule on resubmitting shirts from past derbies? Can anyone resubmit as long as their shirt wasn't printed and it fits the current theme? Or must there be a certain amount of change to the design?

mjc613

jimfrog67 wrote:Just curious: what is the rule on resubmitting shirts from past derbies? Can anyone resubmit as long as their shirt wasn't printed and it fits the current theme? Or must there be a certain amount of change to the design?

You do have to make some modifications, but I do not know how much, or even if there is an amount specified. I do know that only changing the shirt color is enough to qualify. You can see that on this derby, where people have submitted a design more than once, but on different shirt colors.

In the case of Cho's wave shirt, he changed the shirt color and he changed the ink colors to make the design show up better on this color, and to emphasize the wave edges better. At least.

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
mjc613 wrote:
In the case of Cho's wave shirt, he changed the shirt color and he changed the ink colors to make the design show up better on this color, and to emphasize the wave edges better. At least.

Thank you so much for pointing that out. You have no idea how happy that makes me. Seriously.

mjc613

Re: Herding Cats

It's a hard job herding cats, but this herd is moving up slowly but surely. When they get to your town, hide your yarn and poultry, so the critters won't get distracted.

Look at 'em! Doncha just love 'em? Give 'em some love in the way of votes and don' step in any hairballs.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
mjc613 wrote:Before this was on the fog, the only negative comment had to do with where the apple actually fell. Once it was in the fog, then most of the comments are negative. Let's speculate on why that is.

OK. Most shirts don't get a lot of negative comments when they aren't in the fog, except the egregious ones. Once they are in the fog, a lot more attention is paid to them, by everyone who looks. More complex designs often get more criticism, because there are details, and details mean different people find different things to dislike. I like this shirt a lot, myself. I voted for it, myself, and watched it switch into the fog. So, I suppose you could blame me for the criticisms. I just want one of those huge apples, myself. One apple=one pie. sweet!

I like pie. ;^)

gkmarie1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkmarie1

this shirt is WONDERFUL! It's got lots of artistry going on without being too busy, and I adore the lively green-ness of it all. gmv!

dotsusama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dotsusama
Re: katasplosion

I would so buy a few of these if it was picked~