Sayin Its The Rubberband Man (Man)
Watch Me Do It (Watch Me Do It)
Dance (Dance)
Let Get To It (Let Get To It)
Nope, You Can't Do It Like Me
Garden Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me
Folk, I See You Tryna Do It Like Me
Man That Shirt Was Ugly

This makes me laugh I find that this is a great improvement over the original song. Very creative!!

SoupRKnowva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoupRKnowva

until i saw this shirt i hated the theme of the derby this week cause no one had any cool entry's but yours is freakin awesome love it!!

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles

Feh

SoupRKnowva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoupRKnowva

i dont even know what its supposed to be but i love the way it looks

illushin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illushin
Re: Perpetual Emotion

I thought for sure this one would be sold - I didn't even bother to vote for it earlier. Got my vote now. Good luck.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
AdderXYU wrote:"Rejected because: Too similar to prior Woot shirt. http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=3743"

Tough break. If only you'd submit this as a daily and been told it was too similar, you could have avoided the heartbreak of being rejected in the derby.

i subbed as a daily and they never got back to me...

Please check it out

JDFive0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDFive0
JustJiggles wrote:Feh

Whats funny about all this cho-bashing is that you guys that complain about it make more people vote for him!! So really its like your punching YOURSELF in the face! GO CHO

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
bookmonkey786 wrote:Hey Sach is it possible for me to have a high quality copy of this pic. I'd like to use it as a wall paper.

Send me a private message and we'll talk about it

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

I voted! Hope this shirt wins; I haven't bought a Woot shirt in months. I absolutely love the colors and dimension in this design.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
illushin wrote:I thought for sure this one would be sold - I didn't even bother to vote for it earlier. Got my vote now. Good luck.

yay, convince your friends to vote too! :P

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: Think Fast

Ireally like this design.

lintbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintbox

i wanted the last one, i want tis one even more!

jenny78

jenny78

Re: Treacherous Waters v.2

GMV. I like it.

jenny78

Re: Army in my Pocket Version 2

I think I liked it better on brown.

jenny78

Re: The Fastest Animals on Earth

This is really good.

jenny78

Re: The First Cow Tipper

I like this design.

skiboyjake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiboyjake

late entry on my part, but please vote!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13601 vote vote vote for my shirt shirt shirt

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
Re: Peregrination - RESUB

I like this one a whole lot.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
AdderXYU wrote:I know KLS uses vector brushes, spryte has been accused of photo use, and alvin's shirt plain sucked, but Jimiyo creates his own clip-art. Using any of the above (except alvin, again, because to me, his printing got all the effort he put into it) as an example is pretty petty to start, but you are confusing Jimi using clipart he drew himself (and at that, he usually seems to pull out entirely fresh work during the derbies) with you taking clip art from another location. Hugely different, wouldn't you say.

You are right, this is about shirt design, not exclusively art skills, but there's a difference between winning with simpler art and winning with someone else's art.

I give. Anyone who thinks that this statement: "I think we're done with this monkey. Try buying some other clip art. Or as a novel idea, draw it yourself." is a specific request for MORE clip art....simply can't be helped.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
jenny78 wrote:I like this design.

so jenny likes all of the top five and voted for them all and was pretty much useless except to make the rich richer... way to go; hope you don't want to buy the 4th or 5th design more than you want the top three, because you didn't help them at all.

sorry for being a curmudgeon this week, guess my slow computer at home has me worn kinda thin. Might have to take a break this evening. llo

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

evitafjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evitafjord

Dang it. I saw this in your signature before I saw the derby and searched all of woot! to find it to buy - I even googled your username to see if it was printed somewhere else. I can't vote yet, I've been unimpressed with recent offerings, and this was (hopefully still is) going to be my first purchase.

I'm wearing a shirt the exact color this shows on my monitor - Love it!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: wiimotion

Not complaining since I voted for it, but I am surprised this isn't copyrighted. Now, if only it were doing better so it could get printed...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

cdettner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdettner

[Geronimo .......Count me in for at least one. I really liked the original on brown, but am relying on everyone's advice that it will be easier to see on a different color-and the olive looks good too.......Great Design! ]Re: Army in my Pocket Version 2
[/quote]

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
rres wrote:I feel bad being constructive after you supported me, but I would have to say that a fiddler and a couple dancing reflect motion more than this entry does. However, I have to give you credit, this is very clearly an original and not taken from anything professionally created.

=/ Please email Woot with your complaints; don't put them up on my design's comments. Thank you.

P.S. Constructive is: The movement lines look like carp! Why is the mustard's bottom lopsided. Give them arms! etc.. etc..etc..

To all of the above, I agree with you.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa

ha, jump over to woot.com, grab an atomic clock (or two) and come on back ya' here ;) This is going to be a fun derby until the end! Then we do it ALLLL over again.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Bad Cow Disease

Oh my gosh. That's hysterical. It stinks that I'd have to tell everyone the title in order for it to make sense, but that's funny as all get-out.

skiboyjake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiboyjake

vote! http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13601

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
rres wrote:I assumed you were taking a shot at me

Um, no.

rres wrote:but in realty your reference just adds to my point.

Exactly.

rres wrote:Like I said, this stuff goes on here all the time....

Indeed, it's a long standing Woot tradition of printing c l i p art.

rres wrote:accept it or ban it, but don't reject it for some made-up, irrelevant reason.

I can see the reason for the rejection, honestly. It would fit more a dancing theme or even Huckleberry Finn.. but I don't see movement in there.. I see still silhouettes. Still. This was not rejected for clip art.. so everyone who's complaining that's the sole reason needs to get over it.. clip art is been-there-done-that territory; just ask RobGlenn. But.. I do not appreciate you plugging your shirt and how you feel it's such an unfair rejection (bawww!) on my design's comments.. if you have some valid critique (I left examples in my reply post) I appreciate and encourage them.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

oddego

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oddego

I like blue.
I like that blue on blue is quiet and confident.
The other shirts in the fog are a little gauche and obvious.
I imagine the people who would wear them. People who wear "funny" shirts tend to need a little too much attention and affirmation.
If this wins, I will buy it, and it will be my first woot shirt.
I hope it wins.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Marching by.

We need more Edgar shirts! Join the parade and vote!!

KillaKev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KillaKev
Re: Motion Unhindered

Very cool. I would buy this shirt instantly.

bobbymon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
ilstu99 wrote:Oh my gosh. That's hysterical. It stinks that I'd have to tell everyone the title in order for it to make sense, but that's funny as all get-out.

*giggles* yeah thats true about the explanation. But a very good conversation starter I bet. Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you like it.

koinosuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koinosuke

Oh, please actually win this time! I really wanted this one during the water derby, and actually having it be in the fog for this one is making me really excited.

ilcarriz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilcarriz
AdderXYU wrote:In actuality, we don't need more hippies anywhere.

Maybe so.. The town I live in is super saturated with them. Just wish they would get their asses on here to vote.

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama
Re: Gravity Discovers Newton

Are we maybe going to see a Cho sweep here?

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
eyeslikesugar wrote:I can see the reason for the rejection, honestly. It would fit more a dancing theme or even Huckleberry Finn.. but I don't see movement in there.. I see still silhouettes. Still. This was not rejected for clip art.. so everyone who's complaining that's the sole reason needs to get over it.. clip art is been-there-done-that territory; just ask RobGlenn. But.. I do not appreciate you plugging your shirt and how you feel it's such an unfair rejection (bawww!) on my design's comments.. if you have some valid critique (I left examples in my reply post) I appreciate and encourage them.

Sorry if I sounded a bit snarky. I first get nice feedback and a lot of votes (for me) then it gets rejected and the trolls start coming out of the woodwork to start bashing for all the wrong reasons.

As far as your entry, I was not plugging a rejected shirt, I assure you. What would the point be in that. It had no chance of winning when I first entered it and less chance now. As far as your entry, I did like it my only criticism being I didn't get the "motion" theme with it. It looked like the after the fact freeze to me, when someone stabs someone, then watches the look on the stabee's face, and the stabee freezes in disbelief that he just got stabbed. I have nothing negative to say regarding your line work or coloring etc.

Thanks for letting me clarify.

stargrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargrey
JDFive0 wrote:Whats funny about all this cho-bashing is that you guys that complain about it make more people vote for him!! So really its like your punching YOURSELF in the face! GO CHO

First, no one seems to be "Cho-bashing". The complaints are shirt-related, not Cho-related.
Second, I am grateful for the other complainers. It means that there is actual free thought out there. Too bad the free-thinkers will never outnumber the sheeple.
Third, my personal complaint with the shirt is this: it's not accurate; it didn't really happen like the old childhood story.
Fourth, my extra complaint is that the scale is screwed. Not so much as to be comical, just enough to make me question whether it was done accidentally.

Love ya', Cho.
But this shirt? No.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Sachmoe64 wrote:I really wanted the king claiming the world though... I really was hoping for it.

Me too. AND.. I really hope you *don't* give up your tight style and cater to the crowds (as you said in an earlier post).

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
2thFairy wrote:Me too. AND.. I really hope you *don't* give up your tight style and cater to the crowds (as you said in an earlier post).

I dont know, more and more people say (and I agree more and more) that this site is just to get money. Its not about the art and about making a cool shirt... just a shirt that people think they want. I might not give in... and I might give up shirt.woot all together... I'm still thinking about it. thanks for thinking my style is tight